Sign in to follow this  
cortezthekiller303

Any WAS homers have the Portis update from the weekend?

Talk about misleading....when did Portis have surgery on his shoulder in college because it kept popping out. :banana:

I think you are greatly mistaken, greatly mistaken.

Not sure of the root cause but he did have surgery in college on his right shoulder:

http://washingtontimes.com/sports/20060816...3315r_page2.htm

"Because of right shoulder surgery when he was in college, Portis knows overdoing it won't quicken his return."

WAS homer and die hard Skins fan here.

There is NO WAY Portis is starting this game. Like Apu poster said, he probably won't start until week 3 :D

Betts is your play here. He will handle most of the load. Duckett should see minimal action.

Also, don't fret about the Skins' offensive woes in preseason. Trust me- they have shown absolutely nothing from their playbook. They hid Randle-El all preseason and were very vanilla with their playcalling. No men in motion, basic WR routes, etc. They didn't even try. They will bust out the whoopin stick next Mon. night.

What are you talking about dude? Portis has been practicing for 2 weeks now without a sling protecting his shoulder. He will start on Monday, but his goal line carries will probably be given to Duckett.

Here is the article straight from the Washington Post:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...6090401134.html

"Gibbs also said running back Clinton Portis and cornerback Shawn Springs are still day-to-day and he was unsure if either will be available for Monday's opener at FedEx Field against the Minnesota Vikings.

The decision will be pretty much up to them, he said. . . ."

aka He'll play.

FWIW, I was listening to a radio sports talk show here in DC, and they had on some football analyst (I forget who), and the gist of what he said was that when you're younger, there's a greater chance of the shoulder popping out again than there is when you get older. He didn't think this would be a recurring injury with Portis, although it could obviously still bother him for a few weeks in the early part of the season.

Talk about misleading....when did Portis have surgery on his shoulder in college because it kept popping out. :(

I think you are greatly mistaken, greatly mistaken.

EAT YOUR WORDS!

Here is the article...........now stop spewing misleading info. I even underlined the part for you.

Portis will still 'shoulder' the load

August 13, 2006

Inhale. Exhale. Inhale. Exhale.

I'm still trying to catch my breath after watching Clinton Portis suffer a shoulder injury tackling (that's right, tackling) Keiwan Ratliff after an interception.

There's nothing quite like seeing a top five fantasy option leave the game holding himself and then head to the locker room - in the first game of the preseason.

Portis partially dislocated his shoulder on the play, and his status for this preseason is in question.

But I have hope he'll be fine - and I might have a base to speak from. As a former football player and college baseball player, I've had three shoulder surgeries - two arthroscopic on my left, and one reconstructive on my right. All injuries were as a result of football. In fact, doing the same thing (tackling) that Portis did.

Portis "subluxed" his shoulder, basically meaning the "ball" came slightly out of the "socket" and slid back in. Picture a basketball shot rattling around in the hoop and staying in, not spinning out. It was not a full dislocation, meaning the ligaments/muscles that surround the "cuff" did not stretch too severely.

The same thing happened to my left shoulder some 40-50 times before I had surgery. It would happen, I'd miss a day of practice, then return for the next one. It was painful, but I was never in danger of more serious injury, and I was not restricted from doing everything I needed to do.

While our bodies - and level of play - are obviously different, Portis likely won't be hindered too much by this injury either. It might bother him, and he eventually might have to get some minor surgery on it, but the ligaments and muscles are not severely damaged, and there's no reason to think his play will be affected. He'll most likely sit this preseason, simply as a precaution, but be expected to take the same workload he normally would have.

A full dislocation or separation? Now that would have been a different story. But Portis escaped serious injury for now. Unless this becomes a chronic problem and he's unable to deal with it, there's no reason to knock him down much in your preseason rankings just yet. Just about all the guys in the middle of that first round have a question mark of some type (Tiki-age, Edgerrin-offense), and Portis shouldn't be yanked from that group of options.

Trust me guys I know the Redskins a very long time.

I have been to Redskin Park and have an entire basement of signed stuff from Sonny to John Kent Cooke to Norv Turner's business card he gave me when he used to get me tickets when he was in DC.

[ Says Betts will start if Portis can't play. My mistake, however, I will go on record and guarantee Portis does not play let alone start.

What are you talking about dude? Portis has been practicing for 2 weeks now without a sling protecting his shoulder. He will start on Monday, but his goal line carries will probably be given to Duckett.

"Gibbs also said running back Clinton Portis and cornerback Shawn Springs are still day-to-day and he was unsure if either will be available for Monday's opener at FedEx Field against the Minnesota Vikings.

aka He'll play.

Listen you knucklehead. He still hasn't practiced yet. The earliest you might see Portis on the field is vs. the Cowboys in week 2. They're gonna rest that shoulder as much as possible. Why do you think they picked up Duckett? The 1-2 punch of Betts and Duckett is more than capable.

You sound like a desperate Portis owner. I'm a Portis fan.

Fall back.

Gibbs is not playing games here. He's listed as day to day and the determination if he'll play has not been made. He has not yet practiced this week and will likely have to do so before he sees the field. I think there is some chance he could play, but even if he does, would likely be in some reduced capacity. The fact they will need him for the Boys in week 2 could definitly factor in here as well. I'm planning on sitting him regardless so I hope they elect to give him the rest.

aka He'll play.

Moron ^ . Listens to the Washington Post. Those guys don't know sh!t about the Skins. Heck...Bryant probably wrote about it from his couch while stuffing potato chips in his mouth. He's a lazy SOB.

Stick to us WAS homers that know what the hell we're talking about :dunno:

The only guy that writes in the Washington Post that isn't a homer is Mike Wise. His info is pretty good. Problem is that he's a terrible writer.

Listen you knucklehead. He still hasn't practiced yet. The earliest you might see Portis on the field is vs. the Cowboys in week 2. They're gonna rest that shoulder as much as possible. Why do you think they picked up Duckett? The 1-2 punch of Betts and Duckett is more than capable.

You sound like a desperate Portis owner. I'm a Portis fan.

Fall back.

Pencil ######, I'm not a Portis owner. I live in D.C. fucktard. They got Duckett because Gibbs traditionally runs an offense designed for a big back. Therefore Duckett will be handling the goalline/short yard carries. Portis obviously ran out of gas by the end of last season, so he is added insurance.

And that 1-2 combination is not capable. There is a big difference when Portis plays and when Betts/Duckett play. Neither Betts nor Duckett are worth anything in pass protection.

Moron ^ . Listens to the Washington Post. Those guys don't know sh!t about the Skins. Heck...Bryant probably wrote about it from his couch while stuffing potato chips in his mouth. He's a lazy SOB.

Stick to us WAS homers that know what the hell we're talking about :doublethumbsup:

The only guy that writes in the Washington Post that isn't a homer is Mike Wise. His info is pretty good. Problem is that he's a terrible writer.

Yeah I don't live in D.C., eh bonertard? Hey macacca don't you have a 7-Eleven to run? I guess that's where you spend all your time reading the valuable information that isn't in the Washington Post. I guess Tony K and Michael W are terrible writers. Good one, bonertard.

Apparantly neither of you have ever witnessed a Joe Gibbs coached team. There isn't anyone in the league better at "mis-categorazing" an injury.

So lb3g4m3rcyl are you saying you think Gibbs is not letting the opponent know that Portis will play? what is your position on if he plays or not monday.

Pencil ######, I'm not a Portis owner. I live in D.C. fucktard. They got Duckett because Gibbs traditionally runs an offense designed for a big back. Therefore Duckett will be handling the goalline/short yard carries. Portis obviously ran out of gas by the end of last season, so he is added insurance.

And that 1-2 combination is not capable. There is a big difference when Portis plays and when Betts/Duckett play. Neither Betts nor Duckett are worth anything in pass protection.

Yeah I don't live in D.C., eh bonertard? Hey macacca don't you have a 7-Eleven to run? I guess that's where you spend all your time reading the valuable information that isn't in the Washington Post. I guess Tony K and Michael W are terrible writers. Good one, bonertard.

Apparantly neither of you have ever witnessed a Joe Gibbs coached team. There isn't anyone in the league better at "mis-categorazing" an injury.

Yeah. nice work. You flat out said "Portis will play". Idiot. End of argument.

And Tony doesn't write for them anymore. :bench:

So lb3g4m3rcyl are you saying you think Gibbs is not letting the opponent know that Portis will play? what is your position on if he plays or not monday.

No I said at the start of the week it is likely that Portis will play because no information was being released at the time, and Gibbs stated that Portis was making progress. He then went to say that it will be a decision that he will leave up to Portis to make. Yesterday Portis said he was at 75%, and he didn't want to rush his comeback. So it appears that Betts will start with Duckett getting goalline carries.

I'm just saying don't put it pass Gibbs for Portis to have a "miracle" healing, and magically play. He's done it in the past before.

You really are an idiot. Tony K just wrote an article for the Washington Post 3 days ago, bonertard.

Here you go: http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...5032402662.html

And to steal a line that you would be familiar with, THANK YOU COME AGAIN.

At the start of the week, I said Portis would play. Portis didn't say anything concerning his condition until yesterday. He hinted that he isn't healthy enough to play.

"Gibbs was testy as he wrapped up a week of mystery over whether his star running back had recovered sufficiently from a partially left dislocated shoulder. Portis was upgraded from questionable to probable on the injury report, although Ladell Betts remains set to start."

You were saying, precious? ;)

I told you Gibbs f^cks with people.