Sign in to follow this  
new-guru

"Official College football Wagering Thread

I usually never give advice about how to gamble. But you should never chase a line!!!! If you don't like something at -17 then you should not like it at -15.5! I can't recall ever winning a game because I waited for a line to move then got it right.

Philly if your some miserable I will let you borrow my wife for weekend. What do you got to trade?

Get a real job!

thats why im in college now...this was the first summer since i was 12 years old that I didnt work in my grandpas butcher shop all summer. i only worked a few select days when they anticipated an increase in business. I diddnt want to work full time during my last summer before college! right now I am high on Ambien cuz i have to wake up for class and am too pumped from the first NFL game, which was a winning bet for me, and Boise st which was a winning bet for me and philly :banana:

I usually never give advice about how to gamble. But you should never chase a line!!!! If you don't like something at -17 then you should not like it at -15.5! I can't recall ever winning a game because I waited for a line to move then got it right.

I liked the games, and I was satisfied with the current line. I wasn't chasing a line as much as trying to lock in a good number. I put in the games before the lines moved to a less desirable number. Ole Miss was being bet more than Mizz so I didn't understand why it went up. I didn't think the Wash line was going to move much more. But +8 and +15.5 are still decent numbers. It's just that if I waited, I might have gotten even better numbers. But I'm just quibbling.

Anyone have any thoughs on Clemson vs. BC? LSU vs Arizona? Cal vs. Min? Georgia vs. South Car. or the Oregon vs. Fresno state game???

Season total: 10-9-1 -1.03 units

Pittsburgh -7.5 1 unit WIN

Auburn -20 1 unit WIN

Alabama -16 1 unit

Oklahoma -16 1 unit

Texas -2.5 1 unit

good luck

did i read that somebody is actually betting on CFL games?????????????????? ;) :lol:

Absolutely. I've been listening to most of the games too. :banana:

I used to dabble in it. Now I jumped in fully. It's been profitable so far; I'm up about 5 units. I am curious to see how I will finish up for the season.

hey fellas.

I'm down in Austin for the biggie

8-3-1 YTD

Dirty Dozen this week

Pitt -7.5

OSU +2.5 Homer pick, I think Troy Smith wins a shootout.

Kent +6

Fresno St +4

Toledo -10.5

ND -7.5

Iowa -19

Indiana -3.5

Ole Miss +9

UCLA -28

GA/SC UNDER

VANDY/ALA UNDER

I don't play all the games like some of you, but I like 4 of them this week:

BC +2.5 vs Clemson...BC is at home, and they always play better than people think. I think they win this game by a touchdown.

ND-8 vs Penn ST...I hate the Domers, but they are better than they played last week and want to show it off. Penn St has no offensive or defensive line, ND easily

BYU -5.5 vs Tulsa...BYU played a really good game last week, and should have plenty to cover this line

OSU +2 at Texas...OSU has revenge on their minds, looking to go to Texas and take away their hopes just as Texas did to them last year. OSU has an experienced QB, which can make all the difference in a big game like this. I see Texas playing well, but ultimately will have too many mistakes to overcome.

Good luck, and make some $$$$ this weekend!

OK Fellas here you go. Wager at your own risk, I am no expert but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend and went 22-7.

YTD College 22-7

Boise State -8 over Oregon State

I hated this game until I read this: Oregon State is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games

Oregon State is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games on the road

Boise State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

Boise State is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games

Central Michigan +27 over Michigan

Michigan played down to Vanderbilt last week and Central Michigan gave Boston College a game. I have this being a 20 point win for the Wolverines. I don't see them running up anything with how poorly the tackled against Vandy.

Auburn -20 over Miss St.

I personally think Miss State has the worst coach in college football. And Auburn could of had 100 points last week against Washington State but had to settle for FG's. This will be ugly early. Considering a strong first half play in this one as well.

Vanderbilt +16 over Alabama

If Vandy could go into the big house and play well against Michigan they can do the same versus Alabama. Bama wins this game but I think the points are enough to take the dog.

Northern Illinois -15 over Ohio

Northern Illinois in my opinion gave Ohio State a little more than they wanted. The Buckeyes couldn't stop Wolfe so neither will Ohio here. NIU should be a 21 point favorite in this one.

Oklahoma -17 over Washington

I could get burned by the Sooners twice but the Huskies just suck. I think this one could get ugly as Ty Willingham begins to exit his stay in Washington.

Penn State +8 over Notre Dame

I was not impressed with the Irish at all. The hype is not warranted and until they prove me wrong I am taking the points.

Colorado +2 over Colorado State

Last week was fluke with Colorado losing to Montana State. I will not be in the majority here and the game is at Invesco Field Denver. Colorado has the former Boise State head coach (his name is slipping my mind) and I think they are buttsore now and will win this rivalry game.

Idaho +17 over Washington State

My advice to everyone is to not read this pick. WSU's starting tailback is out. Their starting QB is 3 bad series from the bench and they have a banged up secondary. I know nothing about the Vandals other than the covered against Michigan State and Dennis Erickson is the Coach. I am taking Vandy even though WSU usually smokes them.

Minnesota +8.5 over California

I would take California in this one, no way! They do not know how to tackle! Did anyone notice that most of the Vols scoring was on 6 yard pass plays the displayed 1 broken tackle then off to the races. No way.

Georgia -3.5 over South Carolina

I see some of you like SC in this one, why? They struggled to beat a brutal Mississippi State team. I think Georgia has way too much much for this one and I see a 14 point win on the road.

Texas -2.5 over The Ohio State

Just enjoy this one fellas. Texas at home only favored by a couple is insane. Blowout on the horizon!

Oregon -5 over Fresno State

I watched Oregon play last weekend and was shocked at how deep they are. This team is the team I like similar to Philly liking the Rainbows (no pun intended).

Boise State -8 WIN

Central Michigan +27

Auburn -20

Vanderbilt +16

Northern Illinois -15

Oklahoma -17

Penn State +8

Colorado +2

Idaho +17

Minnesota +8.5

Georgia -3.5

Texas -2.5

Oregon -5

That's my ticket already punched for college!

I'm on all plays except the heavy favorites (Auburn, No. Ill, and OK). The line improved in a few places (got Oregon at -3 and C. Mich at +28) but I also had to buy a half point here and there for games that moved against me (Minnesota was at +7.5, bought to +8).

I also decided to go for the add'l payout with the Colorado ML instead of the 2 points.

Good luck to all (unless this lineup is being faded!) :ninja:

Georgia -3.5 vs. South Carolina :thumbsup:

Georgia: 2005 SEC Champs and a National Championship contender

vs

South Carolina - the SEC bottom dweller for the past 100 years. A few lucky wins with Spurrier last year and all of a sudden people think they're a top SEC team.

Don't believe the hype. Georgia's punter has more talent than the entire South Carolina team. Georgia wins this one by 30.

Action for Tomorrow with plenty more to come. Only for 1 unit

Tonight

Cincy +8 1unit

Parlay.

Penn State +9.5

California -8.5

Georgia -3.5

Texas -3

Fresno State +5

phillybear! I DEMAND TO KNOW YOUR PLAY TONGIHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o

Cincinnati (+8.5)for 1 unit.

Edmonton (MoneyLine@+110) for 2 units

Edmonton 1st Half (+.5) for 2 units.

I'll be back in a few minutes with a writeup.

Overall College YTD: 19-16; +3.22 units

Subset: 2 unit plays or higher: 6-4; +3.42 units

CFL: 8-5; +4.85 units

Friday

8:00 PM EST start

Cincinnati (+8.5)for 1 unit. LOSER

Cinc 2nd H (+2.5)@+105 for .5 units. LOSER

9:00 PM EST start

Edmonton (MoneyLine@+110) for 2 units WINNER

Edmonton 1st Half (+.5) for 2 units. WINNER

Pittsburgh is the popular side, seeing 80% of the action. The problem is that they struggled against an awful, rebuilding Virginia team last week, needing a pair of 70+ yard passes, and eventually pulled away late. Last year, in their second game of the season on a Friday night, lost as a double digit favorite at lowly Ohio U; I like the chances of history repeating itself. Pitt is 0-4 ATS in their last 4 weekday games. Pitt QB Palko has his moments, but is eradic, to say the least. Cincinnati spent last year rebuilding, playing many freshman and sophmores, struggling for most of the year. The rebuilding is behind them, as they return 17 starters, including 10 on defense, and blew out Eastern Kentucky 31-0 last week. I just don't see Pitt is a good enough team to lay over a TD on the road in the Big East against what looks like a pretty decent defense. Plus, Wannstadt is good for a couple of boneheaded decisions per game. Maybe this is a gut feeling, but I will take the points.

Must win game for defending champs Edmonton to get back into the playoff hunt. Last week, they lost to this same Calgary team, mostly due to dumb penalties, as they made big plays that were wiped out by flags. Playing in a 4 day turnaroud, and I really think they come out fired up and find a way to win this game. Huge pride game.

Cincy +7.5 2 units LOSER

for all the reasons listed above plus reverse line movement, public against a big home dog, pitt definitely not convincing me that they are worth being this big a road favorite yet....

need to get this week started off right!

GL everyone!

YTD CFB 6-2 +4.85 units

Went with Pitt -8 for .5 units

I think Pitt is out to prove last year was a fluke and being on national TV is a chance to show what they have.I'm not saying they are that much better than Cincy but I do feel they have the better athletes and will look to knock Cincy out early.

I see Pitt winning 31-14 and will handle the Bearcats in the trenches.Turnovers will be huge in this game.If Cincy can win that battle it could get really close.Thats why I only went .5 on this play.

GL all :doublethumbsup:

I don't know what it is, but special teams are killing me this year in betting. Cincy should have had a FG on the board. Stupid fake FG. :wacko:

Radio link to Edmonton game, if anyone cares...

Link Listen live.

Stupid INT gave Pitt great field position and the subsequent TD. Ugh. Pitt 7-0 at the half.

I don't see much value in the 2nd H lines: Pitt -2.5, 20. I thought about Cincy and the over, but I will pass.

Edmonton up 6-0 with a couple of FGs on their first two possessions. Dissapointed that they couldn't get TDs. The first possession ended with a pass of the finger tips of a WR in the endzone. The second possession was a 1st and goal from the 8. Fock. One score by Calgary, and my first half bet is focked. Sigh. Time for yet another drink.

:cheers:

Anone want to talk me out of reconsidering putting in Cincy +2.5 in the second half. The books are begging you to take Pitt. Cincy kept dropping passes the whole first half, but they are bringing in their other QB in the second half. Pitt only had the ball in Cincy territory twice, once on a long bomb, and once off an INT deep in Cincy territory.

Hmm.......

Official play...

Cinc 2nd H (+2.5)@+105 for .5 units. Basically, I am upping my bet on Cincy for the game. Small play for sh!ts and giggles.

Stupid INT gave Pitt great field position and the subsequent TD. Ugh. Pitt 7-0 at the half.

I don't see much value in the 2nd H lines: Pitt -2.5, 20. I thought about Cincy and the over, but I will pass.

Edmonton up 6-0 with a couple of FGs on their first two possessions. Dissapointed that they couldn't get TDs. The first possession ended with a pass of the finger tips of a WR in the endzone. The second possession was a 1st and goal from the 8. Fock. One score by Calgary, and my first half bet is focked. Sigh. Time for yet another drink.

:cheers:

Anone want to talk me out of reconsidering putting in Cincy +2.5 in the second half. The books are begging you to take Pitt. Cincy kept dropping passes the whole first half, but they are bringing in their other QB in the second half. Pitt only had the ball in Cincy territory twice, once on a long bomb, and once off an INT deep in Cincy territory.

Hmm.......

I stayed on the sidelines with the game tonight. I think Pitt will win the second half though based on what I saw from the first half. Points are bound to be scored in the second half. 20 seems low enough for a small play. But again I am sitting this one out.

What are some of your leans tomorow PB?

I posted back on page one with six 3 unit plays. Huge betting day for me upcoming. I'll try to have some writeups tomorrow morning, when I am more sober.

Mississippi (+8) for 3 units

Northern Illinois (-15) for 3 units

Washington (+15.5) for 3 units

Penn St (+7.5) for 3 units

New Mexico St (+6.5) for 3 units

UTEP (+7) for 3 units

Miss is now getting +10 and Washington is getting +16.5, so those lines moved against my early plays. New Mex St dropped to +6 and No Ill moved up to -16, so those lines moved after my early lock ins. UTEP and Penn St are still holding steady.

I stayed on the sidelines with the game tonight. I think Pitt will win the second half though based on what I saw from the first half. Points are bound to be scored in the second half. 20 seems low enough for a small play. But again I am sitting this one out.

Yeah, tough call. I usually have a better feel for the 2nd halfs when I watch a game. Cincy D played fantastic, and it was the offense with the turnover that really gave up the points in the first half. I wonder how long Cincy can play great on defense. But I don't think Pitt's pass defense will keep Cincy off the score board much longer. I predict OT, and that would give Cincy a cover.

Fock. Pitt 80 yard TD pass. :cheers:

Edmonton up 9-0 2nd quarter.

Edmonton up 16-0, after a fumble return for a TD. And get the ball back.

:ninja: :mad: :lol: :banana:

I might be the only one who cares. But I am happy, with one of my biggest CFL bets this year. I had Tor for 3 units earlier for a loss, but offset it with Tor 2nd H for 2 units with a win. Especially with the Cincy implosion. Get Grutza back in their, dammit.

Looks like I a hopeless junkie for 2nd H plays.

What do you like about the Ole Miss game Philly?

I'll have a writeup tomorrow on all of my 3 unit plays tomorrow morn, when I am sober/hungover. Tons of numbers and stats to filter through. But I just can't see this game decided by more than 3 pts. Miss is an improved team for sure with their transfers. Mizzouri was not impressive in their game against a lousy opponent. I feel comfortable with 5 out of 6 of my top plays on underdogs. I love taking dogs.

OK Fellas here you go. Wager at your own risk, I am no expert but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last weekend and went 22-7.

YTD College 22-7

Boise State -8 over Oregon State

I hated this game until I read this: Oregon State is 2-4 SU in its last 6 games

Oregon State is 8-17 SU in its last 25 games on the road

Boise State is 5-0 SU in its last 5 games at home

Boise State is 10-1 SU in its last 11 games

Central Michigan +27 over Michigan

Michigan played down to Vanderbilt last week and Central Michigan gave Boston College a game. I have this being a 20 point win for the Wolverines. I don't see them running up anything with how poorly the tackled against Vandy.

Auburn -20 over Miss St.

I personally think Miss State has the worst coach in college football. And Auburn could of had 100 points last week against Washington State but had to settle for FG's. This will be ugly early. Considering a strong first half play in this one as well.

Vanderbilt +16 over Alabama

If Vandy could go into the big house and play well against Michigan they can do the same versus Alabama. Bama wins this game but I think the points are enough to take the dog.

Northern Illinois -15 over Ohio

Northern Illinois in my opinion gave Ohio State a little more than they wanted. The Buckeyes couldn't stop Wolfe so neither will Ohio here. NIU should be a 21 point favorite in this one.

Oklahoma -17 over Washington

I could get burned by the Sooners twice but the Huskies just suck. I think this one could get ugly as Ty Willingham begins to exit his stay in Washington.

Penn State +8 over Notre Dame

I was not impressed with the Irish at all. The hype is not warranted and until they prove me wrong I am taking the points.

Colorado +2 over Colorado State

Last week was fluke with Colorado losing to Montana State. I will not be in the majority here and the game is at Invesco Field Denver. Colorado has the former Boise State head coach (his name is slipping my mind) and I think they are buttsore now and will win this rivalry game.

Idaho +17 over Washington State

My advice to everyone is to not read this pick. WSU's starting tailback is out. Their starting QB is 3 bad series from the bench and they have a banged up secondary. I know nothing about the Vandals other than the covered against Michigan State and Dennis Erickson is the Coach. I am taking Vandy even though WSU usually smokes them.

Minnesota +8.5 over California

I would take California in this one, no way! They do not know how to tackle! Did anyone notice that most of the Vols scoring was on 6 yard pass plays the displayed 1 broken tackle then off to the races. No way.

Georgia -3.5 over South Carolina

I see some of you like SC in this one, why? They struggled to beat a brutal Mississippi State team. I think Georgia has way too much much for this one and I see a 14 point win on the road.

Texas -2.5 over The Ohio State

Just enjoy this one fellas. Texas at home only favored by a couple is insane. Blowout on the horizon!

Oregon -5 over Fresno State

I watched Oregon play last weekend and was shocked at how deep they are. This team is the team I like similar to Philly liking the Rainbows (no pun intended).

Boise State -8 WIN

Central Michigan +27

Auburn -20

Vanderbilt +16

Northern Illinois -15

Oklahoma -17

Penn State +8

Colorado +2

Idaho +17

Minnesota +8.5

Georgia -3.5

Texas -2.5

Oregon -5

That's my ticket already punched for college!

Getting ready to add a couple plays....

Pitt with another long TD, on a worst pushoff by the WR than Michael Irvin could have ever done. Are you kidding me? Lost cause. Cincy finally are in trouble.

Pitt with another long TD, on a worst pushoff by the WR than Michael Irvin could have ever done. Are you kidding me? Lost cause. Cincy finally are in trouble.

I saw the flag and instantly thought offensive pushoff and then heard the call and went :banana:

Refs blew that one bigtime but I'll take it.

Philly and Ditka what do you two know about Arkansas State? They are playing Ok State and are getting 13. Why do i think they are going to get it handed to or is just me. Thanks

Edmonton up only 16-11 with 2+ minutes to go until half time. Chewing my finger nails.

Cincy TD. Still hanging around at 23-7.

Edmonton wins the first half 16-11. Cashes that ticket. :doublethumbsup:

I am not making any other plays on this game. Just riding my Edm money line play for the game. Worst I can do is break even.

Cincy still is playing hard. They aren't giving up. I wonder if they have enough to get a back door cover.

Philly and Ditka what do you two know about Arkansas State? They are playing Ok State and are getting 13. Why do i think they are going to get it handed to or is just me. Thanks

Still have more digging to do as far as that game. Arky St looked very impressive dominating Army last week, but Army lost their best QB and RB to graduation, so it wasn't a surprise, and I had Ark St last week. Okl St stunk last year. I have to gauge their potential improvement.

Edmonton up 19-11; 3rd quarter.

Cincy TD and 2pter. Down 26-15. Still alive. Cincy game from way behind against Penn St last year. No way they can duplicate that miracle again.

Huge fumble by Pitt. Cincy back in the game.

YTD CFB 6-2 +4.85 units

Went with Pitt -8 for .5 units

I think Pitt is out to prove last year was a fluke and being on national TV is a chance to show what they have.I'm not saying they are that much better than Cincy but I do feel they have the better athletes and will look to knock Cincy out early.

I see Pitt winning 31-14 and will handle the Bearcats in the trenches.Turnovers will be huge in this game.If Cincy can win that battle it could get really close.Thats why I only went .5 on this play.

GL all :clap:

Very ugly game but got the cover and the W and that's all that matters.Almost had the final score nailed as well. :clap:

YTD 7-2 +5.35 units

Got a few plays for Saturday that I will make but haven't made them official as of yet.

Oklahoma State is not a real good football team that I wouldn't wager on as a double digit favorite. If you compare conferences then Okla State should roll. But I wouldn't count on it.

Getting ready to add a couple plays....

You're killing me, Ditka! :thumbsup: :wall: I know exactly what's going to happen too. You're going to have a bad or mediocre day with the original picks, but you'll sweep your add-ons!