Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

$5,000 CC/DB Survivor Pool

Man!, me too, I had Baltimore. I sure didn't think that game would be that close!

Thanks for the Stat Page fellas, I really like seeing that info.

Cheers

Looks like most people are looking at the line to make their pick. Miami barely eeked it out yesterday. I'm surprised that many of you had confidence in Miami. They haven't shown me squat all year.

It was more near zero confidence in the Titans that they could actually win a game. Now I'm just glad I used Miami so there will be no temptation to use them again. Uuuugly.

A lot more people made it through this week than I expected. Close games but the favorites still came through in the end.

It was more near zero confidence in the Titans that they could actually win a game. Now I'm just glad I used Miami so there will be no temptation to use them again. Uuuugly.

A lot more people made it through this week than I expected. Close games but the favorites still came through in the end.

How long do you think this will last? What are the rules if it extends into the playoffs?

I think it could last into the playoffs with multiple teams remaining, but I also think we will lose a large whack of people at 2 or 3 or more points during the rest of the season when there is a big upset. All the rules are on the contest main page. Here is most of it:

Rules Summary

Starting the first week of the contest, Week 1 of the NFL season, you have to pick one team that will win its game straight up (no point spreads).

If the team you picked wins, then you survive to the next week to pick another team to win. If the team you picked loses or ties, then you are eliminated from the contest.

If necessary, the contest will run the entire NFL regular season and through the NFL playoffs from Wild-Card Weekend to the Super Bowl.

You cannot pick the same team twice during the NFL regular season. If the contest extends into the NFL playoffs, then the remaining contestants can pick a team they selected during the regular season, but, the same team cannot be picked twice during the NFL playoffs.

The last person in the contest still alive after all others have been eliminated, our Survivor, is the winner.

The contest will continue as long as there are entries still alive or until the contest's final week, after the Super Bowl, whichever comes first.

So, it does go into the playoffs but the teams reset. You can pick a team that you picked in the regular season. However, you cannot pick that team twice in the playoffs.

Its important to read the tie breakers too if/when we get that far. Here:

Tie Breaker

If the contest extends into the playoffs, and since it is possible to run out of available teams to select, the following tie breakers exist:

A contestant that survives a playoff week but does not have any teams left to pick from is deemed to have survived further than a contestant that does not survive that last playoff week.

A contestant who picks a team but loses in a playoff week is deemed to have survived further than a contestant that had no teams to pick from at the start of that playoff week.

Multiple Winners

If more than one person is still alive at the end of the contest, then the prize is divided equally amongst the winners.

Week 4!

WEEK 4 (All times EST)

SUNDAY, OCT. 1st

Arizona at Atlanta 1:00 p.m.

Dallas at Tennessee 1:00 p.m.

Indianapolis at N.Y. Jets 1:00 p.m.

Miami at Houston 1:00 p.m.

Minnesota at Buffalo 1:00 p.m.

New Orleans at Carolina 1:00 p.m.

San Diego at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.

San Francisco at Kansas City 1:00 p.m.

Detroit at St. Louis 4:05 p.m.

Cleveland at Oakland 4:15 p.m.

Jacksonville at Washington 4:15 p.m.

New England at Cincinnati 4:15 p.m.

Seattle at Chicago 8:15 p.m.

MONDAY, OCT. 2nd

Green Bay at Philadelphia 8:30 p.m.

This week is no better than the last. Maybe Kansas City? :rolleyes:

The alphabet is still alive in the pool. First Arizona, then Atlanta, and then Baltimore. Those not managing their picks need Buffalo to come through in week 4.

Not sure I would take Dallas even though they should win. On the road and with the TO saga I just dont feel good taking them.

I kinda like the Rams at home against the Lions.

Also I dont see Philly losing at home on MNF to the Packers

I dont think SF is that bad but I would take KC

The alphabet is still alive in the pool. First Arizona, then Atlanta, and then Baltimore. Those not managing their picks need Buffalo to come through in week 4.

Ah, but if you made a pick week 1 (which was forced on everyone or you wouldn't have officially joined the pool) and did not pick Arizona that week, the default picks have not been kind. Arizona week 2 - loss. Or did pick Arizona week 1 and made a week 2 pick but missed week 3. Atlanta week 3 - loss.

These things are so much fun with a couple thousand people. Maybe it's because I'm still in it (Thanks NE-IND-Mia). Thank you for putting this together.

I really wanted to be in this pool but didn't see it until after week 1 and figured I couldn't be in it. Because I'm a member does that mean I'm still alive in it since buffalo won?

I really wanted to be in this pool but didn't see it until after week 1 and figured I couldn't be in it. Because I'm a member does that mean I'm still alive in it since buffalo won?

Hi vardaski. I hear what you're saying, but sorry, no. You had to opt-in to the contest prior to the deadline which was kickoff of week 1 (on the Sunday). We sent out reminders to try to get as many people in as wanted to be. You weren't the only one to miss out, but hopefully we can do something along these lines in the future so no one misses out who does want in.

Go PACK Go!!

knocking out 361 people would be an awesome evening!!

It was looking good at half time. Fell apart after that.

There are a few tough matchups this week, should lose another 100 or so hopefully.

I just made my picks all the way through to week 17.

I bet a few hundred people were sweating that Indy/Tenn game! I picked KC and was sweating that one myself...

Well, thanks to the alphabet Arizona has knocked 325 people out of this. The second worst team to back is Tennessee with 95 and none of them were default picks.

All the favorites won, though I needed late game heroics from Reggie Bush to advance.

Yeah, me too. If I win the $5K, I should buy a Bush jersey.

How many people are going down with the Bengals this week? I'm thinking that Cincy will be picked by a lot this week which will be great for the rest of us who know that the Bucs are going to win this one.

Email that just went out today. Please make sure to read the bold portion.

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

$5,000 CC/DB Survivor Contest

Week 6 Pick Reminder

<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>==<>

Here is a reminder to make your pick in the CC/DB Survivor Contest for Week 6 if you are still alive after last week.

We lost only 39 in Week 5, our lowest attrition rate yet. You guys and gals are getting better at this, not worse! Keep this up and we're going to be cutting a lot of checks for $3.48 each (shudder).

The people who did get the boot in Week 5 were backing Arizona, Baltimore and Buffalo for the most part. The default picks continue to not be kind, which underlines the importance of getting your own pick in. Especially this week with a number of quality choices.

Make sure you are logged in, and you can link to make your pick from the results page found here:

http://www.fftoday.com/contests/survivor.php?o=2

///// IMPORTANT NOTICE! /////

Earlier this week it came to our attention that there was a small bug in the survivor program which allowed entries to pick the same team more than once if done so in a certain order. This bug has since been squashed.

However, I want to communicate that even if the program mistakenly allows you to pick the same team more than once, you need to follow the rules and make sure you only pick each team one time during the regular season. If you pick the same team more than once and continue to advance in the contest, then your entry will be disqualified, no exceptions.

Copied below is the schedule for Week 6.

WEEK 6 (All times EST)

SUNDAY, OCT. 15th

Buffalo at Detroit 1:00 p.m.

Carolina at Baltimore 1:00 p.m.

Cincinnati at Tampa Bay 1:00 p.m.

Houston at Dallas 1:00 p.m.

N.Y. Giants at Atlanta 1:00 p.m.

Philadelphia at New Orleans 1:00 p.m.

Seattle at St. Louis 1:00 p.m.

Tennessee at Washington 1:00 p.m.

Kansas City at Pittsburgh 4:15 p.m.

Miami at N.Y. Jets 4:15 p.m.

San Diego at San Francisco 4:15 p.m.

Oakland at Denver 8:15 p.m.

MONDAY, OCT. 16th

Chicago at Arizona 8:30 p.m.

Good luck and have a great weekend!

Regards,

Mike Krueger and Mike MacGregor

- - -

FF Today.com (www.fftoday.com)

Home of the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy

The Best One-Two Punch in Fantasy Football!

So folks that exploited the bug were dropped from the contest?

If the weeks have not passed yet then people can still change their pick(s) so they fall within the rules. If the games have passed and a team picked a team more than once, then yes, they will be dropped. I actually have not found anyone in this situation as it was a little obscure how to find this loophole in the program.

Is there any way to have everyone's picks posted during the games on Sunday so that we can tell, for example, how many people got hosed by Washington or Cincinnati this week?

They are posted, just not summarized yet. I copy/pasted into excel and added them up:

DAL 283 1pm win

WAS 208 1pm loss

CIN 26 1pm loss

BUF 4 1pm loss

SEA 4 1pm win

NYG 1 1pm win

SD 123 4pm

PIT 9 4pm

NYJ 2 4pm

DEN 637 8pm

OAK 1 8pm

CHI 68 Mon

That doesn't include the 68 people who didn't pick and revert to alphabetical. It doesn't show their pics.

WAS 208 1pm loss

Yup, that's me. I changed my Denver pick to Washington... thinking I would out-smart the field and save Denver for the Raider rematch on week 10.

Oh well, no cash for me, but at least I'm winning my fantasy league. And to think that I exploited that bug for nothing!

Nice job tallying up the picks Meek. I just updated the default picks and results. We now have 115 on Bears and 14 on the Cards for tomorrow, and we've lost 246 so far mostly on the Redskins of course.

Sorry to lose you Dave. Anyone interested in a 2nd half survivor pool starting week 8? No guarantees but I can see if I can pull it together if enough people want to do it. No big "free" prize this time though...

Fortulately I have made it thru so far. The matchups for next week are really tough though. I could only find one game that I really like, the rest are sorta scary matchups..

good luck

Hey Mike,

Next year can you set up the system so that the button is before the team name as opposed to after like it is now. I thought I had picked DEN over OAK and was shocked to see OAK as my pick this afternoon (my own fault.) Nearly did the same thing in the GB/PHI game a few weeks back but caught it.

Brian

Hey Mike,

Next year can you set up the system so that the button is before the team name as opposed to after like it is now. I thought I had picked DEN over OAK and was shocked to see OAK as my pick this afternoon (my own fault.) Nearly did the same thing in the GB/PHI game a few weeks back but caught it.

Brian

Okay Brian, I'll check that out and try to make some changes in the future so it is more clear. I appreciate the feedback. Did you get the confirmation email after making the pick?

Okay Brian, I'll check that out and try to make some changes in the future so it is more clear. I appreciate the feedback. Did you get the confirmation email after making the pick?

The confirmation emails are great. I get it almost immediately after I submit or change a pick.

I have the email. Was away for the weekend and had no internet access otherwise I would have probably checked. Almost di dther same thing a few weeks ago wuth the GB/Eagles game.

Yup, that's me. I changed my Denver pick to Washington... thinking I would out-smart the field and save Denver for the Raider rematch on week 10.

Oh well, no cash for me, but at least I'm winning my fantasy league. And to think that I exploited that bug for nothing!

I thought the same thing. Looks like we outsmarted ourselves. :-(

I thought the same thing. Looks like we outsmarted ourselves. :-(

I did the exact opposite. I switched my pick from Washington to Denver.

I think all the talkative ones in here got the boot last week. I have Indy in another survivor pool but my "test" entry here I've already used them, so I'm going with Denver over Cleveland. Tough week.

I'm still speechless about Chicago's comeback. I was looking forward to a thinner field.

You may be right about Denver, but I'm not that confident in it. If I had to pick one of the favorable games to be an upset, I have a feeling about this one. Denver is a good team, but I think I'm going to go futher down the line though, and save Denver for later.

I'm still speechless about Chicago's comeback. I was looking forward to a thinner field.

You may be right about Denver, but I'm not that confident in it. If I had to pick one of the favorable games to be an upset, I have a feeling about this one. Denver is a good team, but I think I'm going to go futher down the line though, and save Denver for later.

Team Picks Opp Time

JAC 576 Hou 1pm

SEA 147 Min 4pm

IND 74 Was 4pm

DEN 69 Cle 4pm

NE 58 Buf 1pm

ARI 55 Oak 4pm

PHI 47 TB 1pm

NYJ 44 Det 1pm

SD 30 KC 1pm

PIT 7 Atl 1pm

MIA 5 GB 1pm