Sign in to follow this  
ExtremeFajita

My IR blunder

I made an attempt to put Jeremy Stevens on my IR yesterday. I'm not sure how this got so botched but in attemting to shuffle my roster to get him on I ended of with he and Clinton Portis on the waiver wire now. I never clicked on anything that said "drop" or anything similar and had assumed (not ever using this interface before) that a player would not be released from your team without some sort of confirmation or prompt. I'm very confused how I managed to do this and obviously am hoping that I can get a pass on this one and have C.P. put back on my roster (which is at 24 players after this).

:shocking: :shocking: Just my luck! He gets injured less than 24 hours after I draft him and now I accidentally bump him off the roster.

You should be safe, no one would pick him up anyways.... :shocking:

Well now isn't this a kick in the ass. My 2nd best waiver wire pickup ever. Yeah someone actually waived Randy Moss a few years back.

I saw Portis had been waived yesterday afternoon and determined he would become available at about 10:45 my time this morning.

I came up with a plan to try to make sure I would have the opporunity to pick him up when he came available, I started about 10:45 refreshed every 15 seconds and finally got him about 11.

Now I come here and find it was a mistake. Oops my bad. wtf :bench:

If I know he was going to come up for waivers and what time he would be coming up why was this not taken care of way before he came available.

There is a 24 hr period that this could have been taken care of and do not understand why it could not be taken care of before I had the opportunity to add him to my team.

I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, that should scare the ###### out of you.

LOL. Well, I emailed Zap right after it happened yesterday morning but I think he's been out since then because I received no response. I tried to resnag him when I had a chance at work but you were too speedy.

LOL. Well, I emailed Zap right after it happened yesterday morning but I think he's been out since then because I received no response. I tried to resnag him when I had a chance at work but you were too speedy.

Couple things. This board gets brutally slow this time of year, and I avoid it. I never got email. I got a PM I rarely look at. You did the right thing posting here, but we have a message board at the league page, and we have the Owner's Stories option where you can post on top of the league home. Either of those would have been better. Anyway, I won't use this board much when the server is so slow.

BoneYard, do you have any transactions that need reversing in order to restore Portis to his rightful owner?

email = fftdpatron@yahoo.com liforc@aol.com

also PMs at FBG are something I regularly catch.

Sorry, I wasn't on top of this. I had all of my FF energies focussed on my local league yesterday and today. It is the true Chaos I Commish. Let's not make this a competitor, please. :bench:

Well if you indeed emailed Zap yesterday morning after it happened, I don't have a problem with getting him back on your roster and putting my guys back on mine.

But man I thought I had the pick up of the year, bummer.

I actually quit a league over the waiver wire yesterday, the league software allowed me to make FCFS earlier than the time listed, so I made them.

Somebody bitched and they were taken away from my roster, the big problem was that everyone now knew who I had planned to pick up and the FCFS time came while I was at work. When I got home from work 2 of the 3 players were gone, go figure. And one of them was Sage Rosenfels, what are the odds.

Anyway all I need is a forwarded, dated and time stamped copy of your email to Zap, a restoration of my players and we are good to go, othewise you will have to pry him out of my dead cold hands.

Couple things. This board gets brutally slow this time of year, and I avoid it. I never got email. I got a PM I rarely look at. You did the right thing posting here, but we have a message board at the league page, and we have the Owner's Stories option where you can post on top of the league home. Either of those would have been better. Anyway, I won't use this board much when the server is so slow.

BoneYard, do you have any transactions that need reversing in order to restore Portis to his rightful owner?

email = fftdpatron@yahoo.com liforc@aol.com

also PMs at FBG are something I regularly catch.

Sorry, I wasn't on top of this. I had all of my FF energies focussed on my local league yesterday and today. It is the true Chaos I Commish. Let's not make this a competitor, please. :)

I think just give me Chris Perry back on the IR.

The other moves were not related to Portis.

Man all that planning for nuttin... :bench:

Anyway all I need is a forwarded, dated and time stamped copy of your email to Zap, a restoration of my players and we are good to go, othewise you will have to pry him out of my dead cold hands.

I think just give me Chris Perry back on the IR.

From my AOL League Manager PMs

Date: Wed 09/06 11:56a ET

Subject: Botched IR Move

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi there: I attempted to put Jeremy Stevens on my IR today. I must have done this the wrong way because both Clinton Portis and Stevens are now on the waiver wire. If it is not possible to put a free agent directly into yout IR then that would explain it. If you could just reverse this botched attempt I would appreciate it. If you can't, then I'll live with it. Thanks

From my AOL League Manager PMs

Cool beans...

And don't you people watch what is going on with drops and adds, I can't believe me and the dOOd that accidently dropped him are the only ones that tried to add CLINTON FREAKING PORTIS to their rosters...