Sign in to follow this  
IndyTom

How to Use YouTube on Sportsline

bumping a classic thread....

i just put this video on my leagues sportsline page

Denny Green "They are who we thought they were!" Techno Remix!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I am almosti n tears!!

bumping a classic thread....

i just put this video on my leagues sportsline page

Denny Green "They are who we thought they were!" Techno Remix!!!!!! I'm laughing so hard I am almosti n tears!!

the fighting bear was pretty good. the rest was meh.

fridge perry = diabetes

:thumbsup:

Forgot all about this.....whose got some new material worth posting on the league home page.

Pass along.

I personally like the Saints are Coming vid...nice for big Saints games.

the fighting bear was pretty good. the rest was meh.

fridge perry = diabetes

I'm sorry... I just can't stop laughing at this... especially that Nintendo coach... was he from Mike Tysons punch out??? That is some of the funniest ###### I've ever seen on youtube. I dont know, maybe you have to be a child of the 80s to appreciate it. I also thought that fighting bear was the least interesting part. So, yeah I want to crown their ass!

This is great! I have a huge Cubs fan in my league and after they lost yesterday to the D-Backs I put this on the site...(VERY off-color language...But that is what makes this so very hilarious!). The first link is the embeded link the second is just to You Tube to watch the clip.

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="

name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

And for my 800th post on FFToday here is a great one for Tommy Lasorda fans!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPx327SbBQ0"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPx327SbBQ0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPx327SbBQ0

After you dominate someone..."That's waaaay to hard you fucken psycho!"

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSxY1rDgZ4"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSxY1rDgZ4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=THSxY1rDgZ4

Posted the Music City Miracle today for the Bills fan in my league, did the "310" font switch, but nothing appears unless you go to full story. Did sportsline change something up?

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TauUHAnn84k"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TauUHAnn84k" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

I'm getting the videos to appear, butI'm having to remove 50 from the last two numbers.

325 goes down 275, etc.

good luck, it still works just need to compress a bit more.

I'm getting the videos to appear, butI'm having to remove 50 from the last two numbers.

325 goes down 275, etc.

good luck, it still works just need to compress a bit more.

:doublethumbsup:

275, 275 did the trick.

I just tried adding a video and posted the youtube code in the story text, but the video isn't showing up on the league homepage. You have to click "full story" to see it.

Anyway to get it on the front page?

Using Sportsline for the first time.....great tool if I can get it on the frontpage.....tired using 200 and 140, still won't work

Make sure you're changing the settings at the end of the code and not the settings at the beginning.

275 and 275 worked on the Jim Mora video, but not on some others. 250 and 250 seems to work for all of them.

I use NFL.com commish league, and tried this out. It doesn't put it on the main screen, but you can see it only if you click on full story. I'd like for it to be on the main page, I've done some adjusting on the size that somebody had posted earlier, and it did the same thing. How do I get it on the main page?

Wow - this thread is still going strong.

:thumbsup:

If no one else figures it out, I will work on it tonight.

Wow - this thread is still going strong.

:angry:

If no one else figures it out, I will work on it tonight.

I tried forever trying to get it work, what I was thinking was that you could only put some many words on the story and then it would continue on to where you'd have to click the full story to view. The embeded code might exceed that limit which makes it carry over to the full story making it not appear on the main page, but on the full story. I don't know if it's possible to shorten that code to make it fit so that it doesn't carry over to the full story. I compressed the size to 50, 50, still wouldn't show up on the main. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I tried forever trying to get it work, what I was thinking was that you could only put some many words on the story and then it would continue on to where you'd have to click the full story to view. The embeded code might exceed that limit which makes it carry over to the full story making it not appear on the main page, but on the full story. I don't know if it's possible to shorten that code to make it fit so that it doesn't carry over to the full story. I compressed the size to 50, 50, still wouldn't show up on the main. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I think that the problem is you're adding a story. Try just the embedded code and no other text.

I don't think you can do both. ;)

Using Sportsline for the first time.....great tool if I can get it on the frontpage.....tired using 200 and 140, still won't work

Makesure you have the latest version of Shockwave Flash installed. I remember this being an issue in the past.

http://get.adobe.com/shockwave/

Make sure you're changing the settings at the end of the code and not the settings at the beginning.

275 and 275 worked on the Jim Mora video, but not on some others. 250 and 250 seems to work for all of them.

Mine too.

Incidentally, for those that want to "auto play" feature so the video starts automatically - that post is here:

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...t&p=2687290

It was on one of the previous pages, but thought I would post to seave the search.

I think that the problem is you're adding a story. Try just the embedded code and no other text.

I don't think you can do both. ;)

Nope, just the code.

I finally checked out this thread. Very nice and I just added a vid to my baseball league of the minor league manager who went balistic on the field and wrote that he was out league commish as he lost his playoff first round match-up by 6 points on the Sunday.

Thanks

Nope, just the code.

I added the code to the story bow and then followed it with a story. It worked.

On the league's front page we see the headline and the story. The video can be played once clicking on "more..."

I added the code to the story bow and then followed it with a story. It worked.

On the league's front page we see the headline and the story. The video can be played once clicking on "more..."

Yeah, I can see the video once I click on full story, I was wanting the actual video on the main page, if possible. I guess I can settle for writing a story first before the video code, so people would click on full story to read the rest and then see that there's a video, just wanted the video on the main screen. From some of these other posts I was under the impression that the video was on their main screen.

Yeah, I can see the video once I click on full story, I was wanting the actual video on the main page, if possible. I guess I can settle for writing a story first before the video code, so people would click on full story to read the rest and then see that there's a video, just wanted the video on the main screen. From some of these other posts I was under the impression that the video was on their main screen.

For clarification - the videos are on the main screen.

Have you added a video without adding text to the story to see if the video appears alone on the front page?

I was expecting to see that happen, too. No biggie. Just gotta lure them in with the headline.

I was expecting to see that happen, too. No biggie. Just gotta lure them in with the headline.

Gotcha, just did one, that'll work, my league hasn't seen this before, so it'll be a riot. Thanks for the replies, and if anybody can actually get it on the main page let us in on it.

Gotcha, just did one, that'll work, my league hasn't seen this before, so it'll be a riot. Thanks for the replies, and if anybody can actually get it on the main page let us in on it.

Try adding the videos - change the sizes to 200 in all four locations of the code - and add. Don't write any text other than the headline and see if it works. Keep in mind the video sizes will bounce to the "full story" portion only if the size exceeds the resolution you have set on your monitor. if it still goes to the full story instead of the main, start decreasing the video sizes in increments of 25 or 50 until it appears on the main page.

For clarification - the videos are on the main screen.

Have you added a video without adding text to the story to see if the video appears alone on the front page?

Yes, and installed an updated shockplayer, changed the compression, and no video on the main. I use NFL.com, so maybe there's a difference in sites.

Try adding the videos - change the sizes to 200 in all four locations of the code - and add. Don't write any text other than the headline and see if it works. Keep in mind the video sizes will bounce to the "full story" portion only if the size exceeds the resolution you have set on your monitor. if it still goes to the full story instead of the main, start decreasing the video sizes in increments of 25 or 50 until it appears on the main page.

I've had it as small as 50, still nothing. I just put up a story to lure the reader into clicking full story to see it, so I'm done for now, I'll try again after this weekend. Thanks