Sign in to follow this  
jaguiar88

Trade Randy Moss?

I'm one of those poor bastards stuck with Jordan and Moss. I was trying to move one of them in case the Raiders don't turn it around. I have a couple offers one is the following

I give- Pennington and Moss

I get- Thomas Jones and Terry Glenn

My team-

QB- TGreen, DBrees, CPennington

RB-SJackson, LJordan, CTaylor, MBarber, JNorwood

WR-RMoss, LColes,AByrant,DMason,JWalker

TE-BWatson

K-Wilkins

D-Chargers and Redskins

I'm one of those poor bastards stuck with Jordan and Moss. I was trying to move one of them in case the Raiders don't turn it around. I have a couple offers one is the following

My team-

TE-BWatson

K-Wilkins

D-Chargers and Redskins

Well, Tommy Jones is the starter, but this may not continue all year long. Moss is having a terrible season and this will likely continue at least until Brooks is back in the lineup. so I consider this part of the deal to be more or less a wash unless jones solidifies the starting position(which is possible so I give you a slight edge here). Glenn will have a decent season and could be of some use to you. Pennington is having a wicked start to the season, but is an injury risk, and right now (until Green returns to the lineup) he will be your #2 QB.

if this is league where you start 2 QB's I would not make this trade.

if you only start 1 QB in this league I'd hold off on this deal until monday or tuesday. By this time, you'll have a better idea of what Green's status is. So long as hes out, I'd hold off on making this deal for fear that you'll have no adequate backup. If green is expected to play the next week, I'd probably pull the trigger on this deal.

in the interim, I'd say this is an adequate deal, but not an outstanding deal. I'd shop around to see if you can get a better deal than this before accepting this offer. You may or may not be able to do better, but it doesnt hurt to try.

In the interim, I'd email the guy and tell him you're seriously thinking about it, but cant give an answer until monday or Tuesday.

I'd hold on to Moss for a few more weeks---

Raiders have a soft schedule and if they get better QB play, he's still better than Terry Glenn.

Pennington for a RB who will probably split carries---I don't like it.

I'd hold tight and if Moss has a good game or two, then look to move him if you're disgusted with him.

hold on to the guys you have, wait to move moss after he has a good game or two

Normally this is a good strategy, but Brooks is out of the lineup. That rookie will throw for no more than 220 yards per game even against a weak defense.

assuming the best case scenario happens and the kid throws for 220 and 2 touchdowns, I cant see moss getting more than 80 yards and 1 touchdown. (this is 40% of all passing yards and 50% of the touchdowns)

and to me, this is the best case scenario. if the kid throws for 160 yards and one or no touchdowns, there's a good chance that moss will have less than 65 total yards. Those arent starter quality numbers unless that Touchdown is actually thrown to Moss.

Given the state of the team (probably the worst O-Line in the league) I wouldnt expect a rookie QB to put up 220 yards against any team. I could be wrong (wouldnt be the first time) but I wouldnt bet on this.

Moss's value will only go down over the next couple of weeks.

Tough one, but I'd stand pat. This deal doesn't really help you. I like Glenn this year, but he's not any better than what you already have. You might as well treat T. Green as out, so taking this deal would leave you short handed at QB and not much better at WR.

My team-

TE-BWatson

K-Wilkins

D-Chargers and Redskins

If you start 2 RBs and 2 WRs I wouldn't do it. Glenn is the #2 on Dallas and Jones could lose his job before the year is out. Besides, you have C. Taylor as your #2.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=236660

This may not be the best trade terms, but it always astounds me how some people are willing to wait until the middle of the season to see if a player returns to his proper scores. i would say try to do better than TJones/Glenn, and with Moss's name you should be able to do that. But I would really hate waiting for Brooks/Walter/whoever to start figuring out how to get the ball to Moss. It's not that tough - throw it up, Moss grabs it. What are they going to learn about this that they haven't figured out already. brooks just stinks, you had better hope he doesn't play again, because he will not do the smart thing on the field and that would be, for most other qb's, getting Moss the ball. Trade Moss just try to do better than those two guys.

If you start 2 RBs and 2 WRs I wouldn't do it. Glenn is the #2 on Dallas and Jones could lose his job before the year is out. Besides, you have C. Taylor as your #2.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=236660

I would stand pat until Mon or Tues. You are one RB injury away from having a real problem of who to start after sjax. Tough call at least until Jordan gets going. Jones and Glenn give you added depth and options. The risk here as far as I see it is Pennington vs. Brees. Green might as well be out so if you can pick up someone on the wire that could help with spot starts then this might be a trade to make. otherwise just hold on.

Hang on to Moss. IMO Walter will be the new QB. Now if you just looked at the stat line, your reaction would be so what he sucks too. But, if you actually watched the last game, you would have saw that Walter was moving the chains reasonably well. This against the best D in the league (Balt), with virtually no run support (again playing the Ravens), already two scores down and coming off the bench. Walter has a little something and IMO will be an improvement at QB. I think with more time to prepare, he will be pretty solid. Oh yeah, he also throws a pretty deep ball.

They've played two of the absolute best Defenses in the league their first two games. They aren't going to see that kind of D every week, particularly the front 7's. THe offensive line is pretty bad no doubt, but the defenses they have faced have made them look worse than they really are. I expect the Oline to improve as the year goes on and again won't be playing this kind of front 7 every week. THis means you should start to see at least some running game, which will make them less one dimensional. If Moss can keep the injury bug at bay, he may have an excellent year since the team will be behind in quite a few games this year, but shouldn't continue to llok quite this bad.