Sign in to follow this  
waliguy

Dropping Randy Moss...how can I NOT?

I am a Minnesota homer, and Randy is, in my opinion, the most talented WR in the NFL. That said, I drafted him this year as WR2 and he's done almost nothing to help my team.

I know other Moss owners feel the same way.

The following WRs are all available, and every one of them have outscored Moss in FFB points this year in my league:

Williams (Jax)

Furrey (Det)

Muhammad (Chi)

Evans (Buf)

Bruce (STL)

I am going to cut bait with Moss. He's untradable as well. Of those 5 players, who would you suggest I pick up?

My WRs are Harrison (Ind), Key Johnson (Car), Edwards (Clev) and Moss. We can only start two WRs, unless I use one in a flex spot.

NEVER get to attached to your players...wow.

Another thread of someone dropping a very good player off to a slow start. Just like the drop Cadillac, Gates, Lamont Jordan, pretty much everyone else threads. I will just stay away from that.

But what the hell kind of league has Reggie Williams and Lee Evans not on a roster?

Having most of the threads on this bored with people crying about their free yahoo teams have polluted the water past the point of rescue.

Another thread of someone dropping a very good player off to a slow start. Just like the drop Cadillac, Gates, Lamont Jordan, pretty much everyone else threads. I will just stay away from that.

But what the hell kind of league has Reggie Williams and Lee Evans not on a roster?

Having most of the threads on this bored with people crying about their free yahoo teams have polluted the water past the point of rescue.

Yep. Williams is top 10 so far through 5 weeks. Find a real league if he is a FA. Really :shocking:

My point of the thread is that perceived value sometimes does not equal actual value.

If the Free Agent Pool is large (which it is)...why not drop a player like Moss (who is underperforming, has a bad attitude, and is on a lousy team with a lousy quarterback)?

I think about week 5-6 it becomes evident that Randy Moss will not be an impact player this year in the NFL. He's of little value in FFB, except in name. I was wrong about Moss this year. I've given up on him. He's projected on this board as getting 2 catches for 40 yards. Whoopee. Give me points week in-week out, over a name player.

I play in 4 leagues. 2 are VERY competative, 2 are not. Guess which one this is?

I was wondering this myself.

A guy in my office league had serious man-love for Moss going into this season and drafted him as his #1 WR. I love busting his chops about it every week. The Raidahs are so bad that the guy is afraid to even start him. :cheers:

With what's available on your WW, I would not just drop him. One good game and his trade value goes thru the roof. Just keep him on your bench. Don't reach for a flavor of the week guy. 3 weeks from now he could be gold but I would wait a little and try to trade him after he has a good game. But, yeah, I would dump him at the first opportunity.

Buffalo has a really soft schedule for the rest of the season.

They play Detroit, Green Bay and Houston in the next 6 weeks and Evans will probably score more those 3 games than Moss will the whole rest of the season. They finish up the season against The Jets, Miami and Tennessee (Wks 14,15,and 16). :banana:

In an 8-team league, Randy Moss won't make the starting lineup if you play 2 WRs. Not this year...he's too risky. Sure, everyone knows he might light it up for a game or two. He's explosive, and talented...but this ain't his year. I watched him every game when he was a Viking.

I dropped Moss for Lee Evans for very solid added depth on my squad. Favorite players aside, I want the points. My money is on Evans to outperform Moss the rest of the season.

I am a Minnesota homer, and Randy is, in my opinion, the most talented WR in the NFL. That said, I drafted him this year as WR2 and he's done almost nothing to help my team.

I know other Moss owners feel the same way.

The following WRs are all available, and every one of them have outscored Moss in FFB points this year in my league:

Williams (Jax)

Furrey (Det)

Muhammad (Chi)

Evans (Buf)

Bruce (STL)

I am going to cut bait with Moss. He's untradable as well. Of those 5 players, who would you suggest I pick up?

My WRs are Harrison (Ind), Key Johnson (Car), Edwards (Clev) and Moss. We can only start two WRs, unless I use one in a flex spot.

NEVER get to attached to your players...wow.

I have Randy in a 12 team redraft league. None of the WR's that you mentioned are available...if they were, I would definitely drop Randy for Reggie Williams.

Botton line is somebody will pick him up once you drop him cause of his name only. My advice: try to combine him in a trade package with another good player..perhaps a RB (I do not know your roster) and go after 1 soild player. A 2 for 1...and with the extra roster spot pick up one of those wr's you mentioned.