Sign in to follow this  
yanivsme

greg jennings

favre loves D. Drive; it was only a matter until he expressed it again. I expect D. Drive to continue to get 2x the looks jennings does at least.

Yes he was hurt, left the game with an apparant leg/ankle injury.

From what I have read, it may be serious as he was on crutches after the game, however no word out of Packers camp yet. No link...sorry.

favre loves D. Drive; it was only a matter until he expressed it again. I expect D. Drive to continue to get 2x the looks jennings does at least.

Driver owner. :huh: Jennings went down with an injury early second quarter and did not return.

as a packer fan-- that sucks ;

driver owners should know that makes him a top 3 fantasy wideout -- its going to be driver; no robinson, no jennings, no ferguson... so just driver and a bunch of practice squad shleps;

Driver will be money down the stretch if Jennings is out. Hes all favre has left

as a packer fan-- that sucks ;

driver owners should know that makes him a top 3 fantasy wideout -- its going to be driver; no robinson, no jennings, no ferguson... so just driver and a bunch of practice squad shleps;

Driver will be money down the stretch if Jennings is out. Hes all favre has left

Or he'll be doubled and triple covered, thus reducing his fantasy output.

Per Rotoworld:

Greg Jennings-WR-Packers Oct. 23 - 3:08 pm et

Coach Mike McCarthy didn't update Greg Jennings' status on Monday.

The team is performing tests on the rookie's injured ankle. Perhaps one of the local paper's blogs will have an update Monday night.

Yep; it has been proven again & again that any one player in the NFL can be stopped if a defense is determined to do so. Having other weapons is crucial to success by a given player. Andre Johnson could be one example this year--w/out Moulds on the other side, AJ probably sees triple coverage instead of doubles.

Yep; it has been proven again & again that any one player in the NFL can be stopped if a defense is determined to do so.

I disagree. My argument consists of 2 words...

Steve Smith

Eric who. I really don't think it has to do with Moulds. I think Kubick has done great work with Carr. Anyway. There are players that defenses can't stop. Steve Smith. Farve will throw to Driver and get picked 15 times if he has too just to prove he can get him the ball. I think Driver's value goes way up and i am going to try and trade for him.

Steve Smith

Your argument is lame..Steve Smith is an anomaly. Driver doesnt rate in the same tier. Driver cannot and will not be successful without someone else to take some of the pressure off.

Steve Smith

...and Roy Williams

...and Hines Ward

...and Santana Moss (circa '05)

...and Andre Johnson

The bottom line is there are numerous examples of WRs who are the one-trick pony of their respective s

squads and still find ways to produce.

Does it help to have a viable threat on the other side? Absolutely, but it's not the end if that's not the case. Oh, BTW, there is no doubt that Driver will be HUGE next week vs. Arizona at home.

How am I so sure? Because I play the Driver owner next week. :lol: :banana:

...and I played the Vick, Randy Moss, and Mike Furrey owner last week, so trust me on this one....

The Packers got a scare late in the second quarter when rookie receiver Greg Jennings sprained an ankle and was unable to return to the game.

McCarthy said he didn't know the severity of the injury.

Jennings was on crutches in the locker room after the game but said he didn't think the injury was serious. Further tests were to be done once the team arrived in Green Bay.

"It's not broken," said Jennings, though he had not seen the X-rays. "I'm sure I'll be able to go Sunday."

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/a.../610230460/1989

i don't buy it. most likely out a few weeks.

Your argument is lame..Steve Smith is an anomaly. Driver doesnt rate in the same tier. Driver cannot and will not be successful without someone else to take some of the pressure off.

I will break it down for you. Here is the quote with the important part bolded...

Yep; it has been proven again & again that any one player in the NFL can be stopped if a defense is determined to do so.

He said any one player could be stopped, and Steve Smith is any one player. I made no mention of Driver.

Class dismissed.

I will break it down for you. Here is the quote with the important part bolded...

He said any one player could be stopped, and Steve Smith is any one player. I made no mention of Driver.

Class dismissed.

Wow...you are really remedial. This thread is about GB receivers. Your response was to a post regarding if DRIVER could be productive by himself. So now your lame ass back track is saying you were just mentioning Steve Smith...so basically contributing nothing of any substance.

Oh yea...Smith was stopped by NE, GB, NYJ, BUF and ATL last year. Just because you pretend to watch the games doesnt mean you know anything, which is obvious at this point

Wow...you are really remedial. This thread is about GB receivers. Your response was to a post regarding if DRIVER could be productive by himself. So now your lame ass back track is saying you were just mentioning Steve Smith...so basically contributing nothing of any substance.

Oh yea...Smith was stopped by NE, GB, NYJ, BUF and ATL last year. Just because you pretend to watch the games doesnt mean you know anything, which is obvious at this point

From 3rd person's point of view..

He presented a valid point by providing a perfect example that over turns the first argument that 'anyone could be stopped'.

Also you are the one who said Smith is an anomaly. Doesnt that mean that he is not in that 'anyone who could be stopped' category? Now you came back and said that he has been stopped? What are you trying to say? Im very confused.. :doublethumbsup:

Heh, I admit there are anomalies out there (such as Steve Smith) who can't be stopped--CONSISTENTLY. I did a piss poor job of stating my point; the rebuttals also fail in that they they pre-suppose that defenses are actually "determined" (remember, that's also a word I used) to stop a given player. How do you know for a fact that defenses go into games "determined" to stop Steve Smith, at least every week? Is it possible that most defenses simply just want to "contain" SS, realizing it's better to allow SS to "get some" instead of leaving 3 other guys open? (see Shaq scoring 40, but eveyone else gets shut down back in his early days) Plus, what I also failed to point out, & was picked up on by others, is that implicit in my argument is that Donald Driver is certainly not the type of dominant player that can overcome a defense "determined" to stop him.... My bad for not stating that explicitly. Back to the original point: no, IMO, Driver does not necessarily "benefit" w/ a viable WR option on the other side of him being out.

Oh, & for the guy that is so strong in disputing the benefit AJ has gotten by Moulds' presence, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. Unless you're 12 years old, you'd remember that Moulds has credibility given his past production; somehow, guys like Corey Bradford did nothing to worry opposing defense in the past (you do understand the concept of one player protecting another player, such as in a baseball lineup, right?)...

From 3rd person's point of view..

He presented a valid point by providing a perfect example that over turns the first argument that 'anyone could be stopped'.

Also you are the one who said Smith is an anomaly. Doesnt that mean that he is not in that 'anyone who could be stopped' category? Now you came back and said that he has been stopped? What are you trying to say? Im very confused.. B)

Alias??..

Steve Smith is an anomaly. He had tremendous success without a great supporting #2 or TE...That was my point...I can draw it in crayon if you need. And his(or your) "valid" point made no sense as some teams did stop him and the post he(or you) replied to was about how Driver would do. This was far from a perfect example of anything, except how not to contribute to a thread

Alias??..

Steve Smith is an anomaly. He had tremendous success without a great supporting #2 or TE...That was my point...I can draw it in crayon if you need. And his(or your) "valid" point made no sense as some teams did stop him and the post he(or you) replied to was about how Driver would do. This was far from a perfect example of anything, except how not to contribute to a thread

Steve Smith was his example of 'any one player can NOT be stopped' argument. He didnt bring up Steve Smith to support an argument of 'one needs another great supporting #2 or TE to succeed. Those are two different arguments.

Yeah draw it in crayon since it is needed. Dont let your word just be a word.. walk the walk. I will be waiting for your crayon drawing .. hope to see what you can come up with.

Alias? ... what a joke.

This board is funny. Everybody has an opinion about things, that doesn't make anyone right or wrong. It was a joke about Moulds. I know who Moulds is. I think your response was a little emotional. I was trying to point out that it is not really so much about Defense's fearing Moulds as the system in Houston has changed. Andre Johnson has always been a great talent. Moulds is getting older and there are many recievers out there that are having better years that i think most of us would agree that they don't "strike fear" into the opposing team.

You are going to have to wait on Jennings and see.

Steve Smith was his example of 'any one player can NOT be stopped' argument. He didnt bring up Steve Smith to support an argument of 'one needs another great supporting #2 or TE to succeed. Those are two different arguments.

Yeah draw it in crayon since it is needed. Dont let your word just be a word.. walk the walk. I will be waiting for your crayon drawing .. hope to see what you can come up with.

Alias? ... what a joke.

wow... dumb and dumber...you guys deserve each other

Back on track...I cant find anything about Jennings so far today. Since they are off, we probably wont hear until tommorrow

wow... dumb and dumber...you guys deserve each other

Back on track...I cant find anything about Jennings so far today. Since they are off, we probably wont hear until tommorrow

still waiting on my crayon drawing... you are just gonna be talking huh?

Was he doubled and tripled covered and shut down the rest of the Miami game? Or last year when there was only Chatman, Ferguson opposite him doing nothing? Other GB passing options might suck but defenses will not leave them basically uncovered just to stop Driver.

This thread has reached a new level of retarded for FFToday.

Anyway, the local reports on Jennings haven't been good. No official word yet, but it sounds like there's a good chance he won't play this weekend.

This thread has reached a new level of retarded for FFToday.

Anyway, the local reports on Jennings haven't been good. No official word yet, but it sounds like there's a good chance he won't play this weekend.

Point 1 - I agree completely

Point 2 - So, who is the guy? Is there a guy? I kind of need a sneaky WR for just this week with Lee Evans on bye and this would be a good place to start looking since our WW is depleted.

:rolleyes:

If Jennings is unable to go, Ruvell Martin will be the #2 and Chris Francies will be the #3.

If Jennings is unable to go, Ruvell Martin will be the #2 and Chris Francies will be the #3.

Ouch.

Looks like it's Derrick Mason to the rescue for me.

It's a bit curious that so little is forthcoming from the Packers about Jennings' status. McCarthy is a first-time HC, so very little track record regarding how much/little info he'll give regarding players. But, given the leaguewide trend of the past few years, he's probably playing his cards close to the vest. I guess Jennings sits this week vs AZ (which sucks 'cuz it was a great match-up), maybe more. Gonna have to start MeShawn vs. an angry Cowboys team....hope they triple Steve Smith & let MeShawn roam free all night...

Can we get back on topic here? Anyone have anything concrete on Jennings status for Sunday?

Nothing definitive yet. Your best bet is to watch him Wednesday and Thursday to see if he practices. If he does then he`ll probably play Sunday. If he doesn`t practice by Thursday I would consider starting somebody else.

Don Mattingly should have and would have been a World Series winner in 1994 had it not been for the MLB strike.

:pointstosky: