Sign in to follow this  
Celticspride

Anyone considering benching Manning next week

My back-up is Matt Leinart, who is playing perhaps the worst secondary in the NFL, Green Bay. I'm sticking with Manning, but I was just wondering what other Manning owners are thinking of this week's match-up...

have a look at who the broncos have played so far. i'm not saying that they don't deserve to be 5-1, but the colts will get theirs.

Rams (Lost)

KC - Greenless, with new offense

New England - a few big plays, but nice win nonetheless

Baltimore

Oakland

Cleveland

They really haven't seen an offense like the Colts this year.

Get off the drugs kid!

:blink:

What drugs?...Denver's given up 2 TDs total this season!...Green Bay just allowed over 400 passing yards to Joey Harrington. As I said earlier, I'm going to start Manning, but I don't think considering benching him is that crazy...It's not like Manning's never had a 150 yard, 3 INT performance (or something similar)...

I don't think its completely crazy, but after watching what Leinart did last week, I'm not so sure he's a better option against anyone right now. Maybe Manning won't get as much as usual, but he'll still find some action, especially if Jake gives them a short field.

Denver's defense scares the sh!t out of me. No way I play Manning against those man-beasts! Did you see what they did to the Cleveland Browns :blink: and the Baltimore Ravens!! Two star studded offenses that they shut down. I am benching Peyton for Joey Heisman. This is the week he finally shows why Oregon spent so much money to plaster his face in Times Square.

Fantasy 101 you never bench your studs. You never know when great players are going to be great. It doesn't matter who they are playing or where. Peyton is one of those players and will continue to be. You are playing the avg's. He may throw 6 this week and 1 the next you just want to make sure you get all 7. : :ninja:

I think I am going to bench manning this week. Im playing a team that is a little stronger than mine and I will have Portis out due to a bye week so im already playing short handed. My backup QB is Grossman who is playing the 9ers.

Only thing that has me leaning towards Peyton is I dont think they will be able to run much so they will have no choice to pass. I have a feeling I'll be going back and forth on this all week. :bench:

you have to bench manning....

bronco's defence is too good ..its that simple

(manning can't perform in the clutch)

I considered it.

Then I sobered up the next morning. Unless you have McNabb on your bench, in which case you should stop playing in leagues with your Mom.

Manning 250 yrds. 3 TD's. The Denver D isn't that good. There's high-school teams that could shut down most of their opponents so far.

I have Denver defense and benching their butts again Indy. Manning is a TD wh0re. He'll get plenty of 1 yard TDs.

Denver's defense scares the sh!t out of me. No way I play Manning against those man-beasts! Did you see what they did to the Cleveland Browns :rolleyes: and the Baltimore Ravens!! Two star studded offenses that they shut down. I am benching Peyton for Joey Heisman. This is the week he finally shows why Oregon spent so much money to plaster his face in Times Square.

Star Studded offenses???? Cleveland and Baltimore. Must be some good cronic youre on :dunno:

If a mix of freezing rain and snow was in the forecast and the NFL made a rule that the Broncos could play with 12 defenders, I would consider benching Manning. Short of that, I'd start him.

i have Manning, with Philip Rivers as my backup. I also have Denver's D, with JAX as the backup..Who do I start?

i have Manning, with Philip Rivers as my backup. I also have Denver's D, with JAX as the backup..Who do I start?

Start Manning and Jax D.... obviously.

Start Manning and Jax D.... obviously.

i am thinking the same way you are, but Jax has been brutal. Maybe I at least hedge myself with Denver.

If anything, drop Jax D for another D and start them.

I'd avoid playing Denver D against the Peyton Manning show at all costs.

What drugs?...Denver's given up 2 TDs total this season!...Green Bay just allowed over 400 passing yards to Joey Harrington. As I said earlier, I'm going to start Manning, but I don't think considering benching him is that crazy...It's not like Manning's never had a 150 yard, 3 INT performance (or something similar)...

Those crackpots at pigskin addiction are predicting another 4 td game for Peyton this week.

http://www.pigskinaddiction.com/2006/08/Tue/default.asp

Don`t know if I`m buying that.

Fantasy 101 you never bench your studs. You never know when great players are going to be great. It doesn't matter who they are playing or where. Peyton is one of those players and will continue to be. You are playing the avg's. He may throw 6 this week and 1 the next you just want to make sure you get all 7. : :banana:

Rule #1 rookies.

Last weekend a guy who went to USC, who is a huge fan of Leinart of course, had the same thought...

He was playing the worst team in the league so I said this to him,

"I mean I'd probably never bench Manning, but why not give Matty a start. He's got a much better match-up and it's not like you are going to lose to (the worst team in the league)... you'll probably never going to have this chance again."

He bit, lost, and Manning would have caused him to win...

Oh ya, it vaulted me into his playoff spot. :thumbsdown: