Sign in to follow this  
CrymsonTyde

Steve Smith Owners

Not even close.

Amazing - two months ago you could have landed him with the 15th pick in the draft.

Today his owner would expect Tiki and Driver.

Kidding, but now is a bad bad time to buy.

Not that he's overrated, but in his owner's mind he's untouchable.

Probably take a solid tier 2 RB for a straight up deal. The guy is as close to a guarantee of 100 yards and 1 TD as you get from a WR, next to maybe Holt.

I would take Backs like Rudi Johnson or Steven Jackson for him in a heartbeat. Not sure on the likes of Dunn or C. Taylor I would probably need a WR like R. Brown with them.

I wouldnt give him up for any RBBC backs, that would just hurt my team. Again your the one who wants him, so make my team better and we can talk.

I was actually lucky enough to land Smith in a trade last week. I gave up McGahee, Roy Williams, and Winslow for Smith, Gates, and Ron Dayne. I hate to lose Williams, but for a chance at Smith, I had to jump on that one.

I would say he is worth a top 10 pick in the draft next year so that would be a mid level #1 RB for sure.

I own him in two leagues and I have no desire to trade him.

If I had him I wouldn't trade him unless the rest of my team is hurting bad and I needed to patch a BIG hole at RB and also get a normal WR.... He's clearly the Best, most explosive WR in the game today.... :thumbsdown:

If Chad Johnson has a huge game this weekend and I happen to be a huge Bengals fan, I would swap the two straight up...

...or at least that's what I hope is going to happen. Let's see if the guy goes for it.

i'm a panthers homer and s.smith is my fave player. (but in leagues full of NC guys i had no chance of drafting him.) w/that said if i had smith i'd still give him straightup for holt because of nagging injury concerns. but that's it for wideouts. for rb's he's probably considered on par w/s.jax caliber guys.

No one is untouchable...but Smith is close too it. It would take more than Brown and Addai for sure.

Players like Smith and P. Manning are untouchable in a sense that you have to give up so much to get them, that your team likely ends up worse than when you started. Unless you have Manning and McNabb, or LJ and LT, it's almost impossible to deal for a player like that.

If Chad Johnson has a huge game this weekend and I happen to be a huge Bengals fan, I would swap the two straight up...

...or at least that's what I hope is going to happen. Let's see if the guy goes for it.

Insane

vick/wayne for smith/big ben....

Nice trade.. well done. Basically Vick and Wayne for Smith. With Bulger on your squad really that was Smith for Wayne straight up. ;) Grab Romo as your Back up QB and dump Sucky Ben.

I just offered

Chester Taylor

Joe Horn

for

Smith

PPR league

He Ronnie Brown & Thomas Jones, anyone think he will go for it? He has at WR allready

Andre Johnson

Darrell Jackson

Antonio Bryant

Braylon Edwards

I have at RB

Dunn

K. Jones

R. Bush

i gave edge & driver for s. smith last week.

sad thing is driver scored a td & had decent yds. while smith just got decent yds.

Smith is as close to untradeable as I would go. Unless you get an offer you just can't say no to, he is so damn consistent and good it's rediculous

I had an owner inquire about him this week in a PPR league, and I told him no one is untouchable but he is going to have to overpay for me to give him up. Marvin Harrison and Marc Bulger for Smith is the deal I offered him (Pennington is my best QB). He declined, and we both went on with our lives. In response to the original post, there is no way I'd even think about trading Smith for Brown and Addai. If I'm trading the #1 WR in real and fantasy football, I better be getting at least a mid level #1WR in return along with a large upgrade at another position. In non PPR leagues, it wouldn't take quite as much to get him from me.

I traded Favre / Fragile / E.Parker / H.Miller / Vandy

FOR

Brunell / Fason / S.SMITH / DEZ CLARK / Dawson

More guys involved than you want but thought it might help...

I got Smith cheap from the Alexander owner who was desperate.

I traded:

Tatum Bell, Randy Moss, Michael Turner, Keyshawn Johnson

and I got

Steve Smith, Colston, Marion Barber III, and Barlow

I then flipped Barlow and Barber for DeShaun Foster

Of course, I am still 3-4, but I should be doing better. Gotten stuck against highest point total of the week recently.

A couple of weeks ago I traded to get Smith in a dynasty league. The deal was:

Plaxico

Marty Booker

Lee Evans

2007 1st Round Pick

Steve Smith

KC Defense

Nate Kaeding

2007 3rd round pick

My receivers after the deal:

Smith

C. Johnson

TO

:banana: :wall: :banana: :first:

I got Smith cheap from the Alexander owner who was desperate.

I traded:

Tatum Bell, Randy Moss, Michael Turner, Keyshawn Johnson

and I got

Steve Smith, Colston, Marion Barber III, and Barlow

I then flipped Barlow and Barber for DeShaun Foster

Of course, I am still 3-4, but I should be doing better. Gotten stuck against highest point total of the week recently.

Wow.. I've flipped players all year. This trade did go through. The guy decided he wanted R. Moss instead of Reg Brown. So I was happy with that. Now have TO, Reg Brown, Driver, S. Smith. :)

Wow.. I've flipped players all year. This trade did go through. The guy decided he wanted R. Moss instead of Reg Brown. So I was happy with that. Now have TO, Reg Brown, Driver, S. Smith. :banana:

Nice.

Only now you have a WR controversy. But it's one of those good kinds.

I grabbed Steve Smith and Torry Holt in the 2nd and 3rd rounds this year in a RB-happy league where Fitzgerald and Chad went before SS and TO went before Torry Holt.

Lets just say that along with Larry Johnson, I'm NOT interested in trading my three super-studs!!! Just monsterous production on a weekly basis...

In a redraft, expect to give up a solid RB or top QB. In a dynasty, even more.... he has many years left and has already proven that he is the guy regardless of the player or quality of player on the other side. Aside from the broken ankle, he hasnt lost significant playing time to injury. The time to get him was at the start of the season with the overreaction to the hammy.

Now his price is high, justifiably so.

I'm offering Reggie Brown and Addai. Enough? Too much?

Just wondering.

Yeah this is good deal. Why don't you also throw in Romo and ask for him to include P. Manning. I'm sure he'll teke it (as long as he doesn't follow football)>

I do not think there is a trade offer I would accept for Smith or Holt at this point.

At least not the ones I am getting.

Obviously if someone dilusional offered LT I'd break my finger clicking accept, but that ain't gonna happen.

My team Below.

It would cost your firstborn child, your widescreen plasma tv and your first round pick.

Actually, I have turned down Tiki a couple of times for him.

I traded Steve Smith for Chad Johnson and Greg Jennings...right before this past weekend! :first: :cry:

At the time, I was confident that CJ woud turn it around (he's not going to have a Keyshawn circa 2002 season) and I had Jennings in another league and he's been very consistent.

So naturally, Jennings suffers his first injury of the season the first time I start him and now he's out for at least this week.

Fortunately, I'm 7-0* and can afford the loss but still...

Not really, but it seems a lot of these "I'm screwed" threads end up like this!

A couple of weeks ago I traded S. Smith for S. Jackson and T. Owens. I'm in a keeper league and we get a pt per reception. It may seem like I screwed that giy but his team was stacked with LJ and and LT so Jackson was just a backup for him.