Sign in to follow this  
GiantsRule

***Official College Wagering Thread - Week of Oct 31***

Added:

2H Atlanta total Under 51.5

I can't see them scoring more than 85 points in this game. Then again, it's me and we know how money I've been.

And by money, you mean pennies that even bums ignore!

I think my Pat Hill man love has just about completely faded away....offense looking flat...

sorry about Bulls... I guess they are getting really careless after yesterday's surprise win in Miami... Magic has 7 blks and 7 steals to Bulls 0 blks and 3 steals...

sorry about Bulls... I guess they are getting really careless after yesterday's surprise win in Miami... Magic has 7 blks and 7 steals to Bulls 0 blks and 3 steals...

NMM: Thinking of hitting the Wash-Clev Over if it's 105 or less. You down?

NMM: Thinking of hitting the Wash-Clev Over if it's 105 or less. You down?

Yep. I'm down for that bet but im guessing the line will definitely be closer to 100. I'm also gonna probably bet the over on Memphis 2H since their defense isnt as good as before.

Yep. I'm down for that bet but im guessing the line will definitely be closer to 100. I'm also gonna probably bet the over on Memphis 2H since their defense isnt as good as before.

When I posted it, they were trending much higher. I'm in at Over 99. I'll check that Memphis total. They're playing my Knicks so I know there's no defense involved!

Yep its at o99.. i must be still drunk from this weekend.. i accidentally put a unit on the u99..so i had to go back and put in another bet for the o99 for 200.....stupid me ..automatically lost that juice diffence. :thumbsdown: Laying off memphis over.

Yep its at o99.. i must be still drunk from this weekend.. i accidentally put a unit on the u99..so i had to go back and put in another bet for the o99 for 200.....stupid me ..automatically lost that juice diffence. :wacko: Laying off memphis over.

$200...on an NBA halftime bet? Holy crap! Do you have an Olympic account? I think it would fit you wonderfully! :D

Damn. I thought you were onto something with the Memphis game. Grabbed Over 96.5. It's at 97.5 last I checked.

24-7 Boise!! :D

nba....zzzzzzzzzz

college b-ball starting this weekend :lol:

Your z's are in the wrong place, Chewy.

NBA ------> :thumbsdown:

College chucking, I mean, college basketball -----------> :sleep:

$200...on an NBA halftime bet? Holy crap! Do you have an Olympic account? I think it would fit you wonderfully! :lol:

Damn. I thought you were onto something with the Memphis game. Grabbed Over 96.5. It's at 97.5 last I checked.

Your z's are in the wrong place, Chewy.

NBA ------> :thumbsdown:

College chucking, I mean, college basketball -----------> :D

I actually play on credit (im a true degenerate...).. once i reach a certain point, i get paid in cash...or when i lose up to a certain point... i pay them in cash..

When i checked the Memphis line, it was 98 on my site, so i backed off...looks like most people betting over.

:ninja:

Paul Williams, Joe Fernandez and the rest of the playmakers for FSU just lost all love for the game I guess. How predictable should one team be? A program with great athletes stopped playing a few weeks ago and dont even show in a rivalry game that still has meaning, good lord. Statistics look like they will hold precidence here tonight......

:blink: Til Saturday...

Good Luck!! :blink:

Actually fock it....

Clippers team total 104...im going over. The Clip Show always scores a sh!tload of points when they play Phoenix, just took the shot of Tequila, its time to chase..

Good Luck!! :banana:

No argument from me! ALL the statistical breakdowns indicate a blowout in Boise States favor, hard to go agaist the stats! The reasons FSU may be in this game are as follows:

-Changing of QB (Much better one)

-Brutal schedule during turmoil times assure you to lose(with exception of Utah State and Colo ST)

-Skill position players (Offense) on FS side of the ball

-Season can be completely salvaged (with possibility of bowling still) winning this game and the rest thereafter (Major incentive factor here) This IS FSU's superbowl! And they've had 2 weeks to prepare.

-Interdivision rivalries are quite often not blowouts despite one team sucking for the season and the other not.

Still, everything else in in Boise's favor so taking Boise State is not a bad call whatsoever because seasonal stats are fact. Boise is bada$$ at home and can destroy anyone at anytime on the blueturf. Using stats and trends more often than not lead to wins. I just expect a "smack you in the mouth" ground game from both teams trying to establish dominance in the trenches, which when Boise State has the ball they should do easily against FSU front. Im looking for the same from the FSU O-line on the Boise State D-line which will be difficult, but again because of implications they show up here tonight. Will be exciting none the less!!

Good Luck!! :rolleyes:

Thanks you too. :unsure:

Whats up fellow degenerates?

Took Fresno tonite and they look focking awful. Fully expecting the final score to be something like 45-14.

Mild consolation is that I hit on the Orlando/Bulls game. Im always weary of teams that play back to back on the road even this early in the season.

Also took the ML (+175) on the Clippers tonite.

For whoever said they cant wait for college basketball Im with you. I seem to have had more success with that than anything.

I'll be taking WVU tommorrow so that almost guarantees a Louisville win. Oh well.

GL to everybody.

:rolleyes:

I would just like to say Fvck Fresno State....and anyone who went there and currently roots for them.

I could throw for 200 yards on these clowns.

What do you know? A high scoring game...and I didn't have the over. :dunno:

Let me guess: Boise State likes to run up the score, right? after all, I'm less than 3 points away from covering this nailbiter so it stands to reason that they'll put up an unnecessary TD at the end of the game.

Why didn't they taking a fvcking knee?!?

There was no need to keep running. Fresno didn't even have a timeout left. Didn't need to sweat that out.

And wouldn't you know it? My Knicks F it up and are now headed into 2X OT. Oy!

2006 College betting record

120-103-5 +5.804 units

2+ plays 24-26-1 -5.915 units

Boise -20.5@-128 .5 unit WINNER

this line dropped too much for me not to play it, bought it down the rest of the way obviously.

it was nice to be on the correct side for once of what looked to be a fishy ending there.

it was nice to be on the correct side for once of what looked to be a fishy ending there.

Congrats man! It's not often we could each say we were on the opposite side...and both end up winners!

:D

Let me guess: Boise State likes to run up the score, right? after all, I'm less than 3 points away from covering this nailbiter so it stands to reason that they'll put up an unnecessary TD at the end of the game.

Why didn't they taking a fvcking knee?!?

There was no need to keep running. Fresno didn't even have a timeout left. Didn't need to sweat that out.

Boise is notorious for running up scores. Almost every single game.

Not a bad start to the week 5-1

SMU/UAB Over 49 - Lose 1 unit

SMU -5 - Win 1 unit

SMU -3/2nd half - Win 2 unit

Boise -22 Win 1 Unit

Boise/Fresno over 57 Win

WVU +2 /1/2 1 Unit

Added all 1 unit

WVU/Louisville under 28.5 first half

WVU +7/under 62.5

Clemson -19.5

Kansas -2.5

Ohio -6.5

Kent -16

West Mich -13.5

Oregon -16

Leaning

Iowa -19

North Caroina -26

SMU -5 W

West Va +1.5

Indiana +6

Leans:

Tennessee (Home dog coming off confidence builder @ SoCar)

Va Tech (Cokehead's days are numbered)

Maryland (tradition of playing Clemson tough)

Notre Dame (NC should not be allowed to play outdoor sports - it's too embarrassing)

Pitt/SoFla Over (typically a high-scoring afair - both teams had 2 weeks to lick their wounds, weather should be good)

Regards

Woo hoo

I want to thank the Phoenix Suns for making up for the Boise st nonsense from last night.

Took the over 211 total points and that looked hopeless at half......so put a nice chunk on the Suns -2 in the second half.

Both got covered......whew. Gotta love late night money chasing.

This may sound foolish but should there be separate thread for college football and NBA? Don't kill me :dunno:

With that said, what's everyone think about WVU/Louisville(+1)?

With a close spread I usually take the home team, but I'm very interested to see any/all info.

This may sound foolish but should there be separate thread for college football and NBA? Don't kill me :banana:

With a close spread I usually take the home team, but I'm very interested to see any/all info.

I only bet football - it's the 1 sport we Americans are still the best at.

I am all over the Mountaineers +1.5.

Additional lean: Mich St -2 (Smith getting canned may be the emotional catalyst to wake the dead in Lansing).

This may sound foolish but should there be separate thread for college football and NBA? Don't kill me :lol:

You're probably right. However, the degenerates that would bet b-ball probably wouldn't bother going to the Geek Board. We're lucky enough that the "Mikes" allow us to talk wagering on the main board. I think as long as it's just mentioned what we take w/o any in-depth analysis or lengthy posts, it should be fine. Besides, it's an opportunity to possibly win more money. I'm not the biggest college football fan in the world, but I watch Division 9-Q teams battle it out if I can bet on it!

I only bet football - it's the 1 sport we Americans are still the best at.

I am all over the Mountaineers +1.5.

Additional lean: Mich St -2 (Smith getting canned may be the emotional catalyst to wake the dead in Lansing).

The team quit on the coach after the Notre Dame fiasco. Why would they now play for him?

Bucking the trend that's been killing me the most this season:

W. Virg-Louisville Under 28.5 1H

Dangerous play because both teams can score, but they might go very conservative to start for a game of this magnitude.

Good luck to all! :huh:

GR, did you ever get that referral?

I was still able to get WVa +1.5 at sportbet.com.

I like this game - like WVa's speed and depth. Just hope the money doesn't come in too high on WVa's side, that may bring a well timed holding or interference penalty to save the house.

At any rate, this is my best game of the college week.

The team quit on the coach after the Notre Dame fiasco. Why would they now play for him?

A win in November may get him a MAC job.

GR, did you ever get that referral?

I was still able to get WVa +1.5 at sportbet.com.

I like this game - like WVa's speed and depth. Just hope the money doesn't come in too high on WVa's side, that may bring a well timed holding or interference penalty to save the house.

At any rate, this is my best game of the college week.

I actually did buddy! Thanks a ton! :doublethumbsup:

I'm glad to see it's working out for you early on. I hope it continues.

This may sound foolish but should there be separate thread for college football and NBA? Don't kill me :doublethumbsup:

I gotta agree with this, I have absolutely no interest in NBA or basketball in general, don't need to see it clogging up this otherwise fine thread.

Gotta love a big game on Thursday night!

I actually did buddy! Thanks a ton! :banana:

I'm glad to see it's working out for you early on. I hope it continues.

It is - I'm happy with the site. GL

I gotta agree with this, I have absolutely no interest in NBA or basketball in general, don't need to see it clogging up this otherwise fine thread.

Gotta love a big game on Thursday night!

I'm not trying to but heads with the anti-NBA guys, but this is a betting thread. If someone has insight on plays in the NBA (and eventually college b-ball), there's nothing wrong with noting what you are taking and getting others' opinions.

We've all seen the value in the gambling thread. Yes, we concentrate primarily on football, but some of us are very knowledgeable in hoops and it's another opportunity for daily plays and picking up a few extra bucks.

Like threads or posters you don't like, you can simply choose to scroll past or ignore those betting tips. But I don't see the purpose in shunning them altogether.

Hope you can understand.

I'm not trying to but heads with the anti-NBA guys, but this is a betting thread. If someone has insight on plays in the NBA (and eventually college b-ball), there's nothing wrong with noting what you are taking and getting others' opinions.

We've all seen the value in the gambling thread. Yes, we concentrate primarily on football, but some of us are very knowledgeable in hoops and it's another opportunity for daily plays and picking up a few extra bucks.

Like threads or posters you don't like, you can simply choose to scroll past or ignore those betting tips. But I don't see the purpose in shunning them altogether.

Hope you can understand.

I can't complain about making money any way I can, but I do understand what the guy is saying. It gets harder and harder to find peoples picks between page 2 and 5 prior to Saturday. It would be easier if all picks were more confined (all on a few pages rather then spread out of 7 plus by Saturday morning). In a perfect world, I wouldn't mind seperate threads for college picks, NFL, NBA, etc and another thread for in game chatter. Like I said, I like making money and in the end it is still worth my time to scroll through multiple pages trying to figure out concensus picks.

Can someone check the college football forum at www.covers.com for DR Bobs picks. He releases them at 1 PM EST and supposedly the lines change 2-3 pts when he releases them (I would but I am at work right now and would probably get in trouble lol)

thanks if anyone can do this

Sorry to those who played Fresno State with a line under 24.....

Halftime wagering saves the night once again last night, dont know how long I can keep getting lucky and having profitable days via halftime picks....

I wouldnt bet against WV tonight, so im gonna make it easy on myself and not fight the points. All that is required is a measly touchdown per quarter from each team, both having high powered offenses. 28-28 gets me where I need to be.

OVER 56

Good Luck!! :pointstosky:

Halftime wagering saves the night once again last night, dont know how long I can keep getting lucky and having profitable days via halftime picks....

I wouldnt bet against WV tonight, so im gonna make it easy on myself and not fight the points. All that is required is a measly touchdown per quarter from each team, both having high powered offenses. 28-28 gets me where I need to be.

OVER 56

Good Luck!! :pointstosky:

i got the line at 23.5 ouch

What does everyone else seem to like in this game. I dont normally do my own research, but when I did I found that the Under was the best play. W.v allows 13 points a game on avg. and scores 41. THat puts the total at 54. Louisville allows 13 points a game and scores 39. THat puts them at 52. Neither has faced as good of defenses or offenses. So to start the game they should be conservative to get a feel for what each teams strength and weakness is. Each teams offense has moved the ball against subpar defenses. The only ranked team Louisville played was Miami who couldnt hold up against Flordia St.

This is just what I have found. Will someone chime in with what they think??

OVER 56

Good Luck!! :bench:

Thanks to you posting early, I did manage to get +24.5 which was the perfect number to have in this game. I also had a great night of NBA plays after starting off poorly with the Chicago -2 play:

2H Hawks Team Under 51.5 - I wish I pounded this one; that team is pathetic and would have needed 85 game points to go over

2H NY-Memphis Over 96.5

Lakers-Warriors Over 205

2H Lakers-Warriors Over 102

Since I have Under 28.5 for the first half tonight, I'll root for you to get your 14-14 tie en route to the over for the game! :cheers:

What does everyone else seem to like in this game. I dont normally do my own research, but when I did I found that the Under was the best play. W.v allows 13 points a game on avg. and scores 41. THat puts the total at 54. Louisville allows 13 points a game and scores 39. THat puts them at 52. Neither has faced as good of defenses or offenses. So to start the game they should be conservative to get a feel for what each teams strength and weakness is. Each teams offense has moved the ball against subpar defenses. The only ranked team Louisville played was Miami who couldnt hold up against Flordia St.

This is just what I have found. Will someone chime in with what they think??

Usually big meaningful interdivision games start out as a slugfest, getting a feel for one another as you've stated so there often isnt many points out of the gate.. The offenses both teams have faced thus far have been pretty terrible. Only Maryland has scored more than 20 points against WV (24) and Kentucky against Louisville (28) As you said, both teams have only faced crappy D's for the most part, but I guess I just like the fact that they have big playmakers on both sides of the offense. (Course I also said that Paul Williams and Joe Fernandez would make big plays last night, thanks for showing guys) Last years meeting took 3 overtimes to get to the final score of 46-44, but history has a tendency to repeat itself sometimes, heres hoping it does tonight.

Good Luck!! :bench: