Sign in to follow this  
vertigo

Mellencamp's Song

No. Not bitter, but scared....

Yeeeeeaaah, you all really stuck it to Bush! Conrats to you all. Take a few minutes and feel good about it, then go find your checkbook. You're gonna need it to pay all the extra taxes coming your way.

If you don't believe me try asking some fellow NJ homers how much fun it is to pay all the insane taxes to live in this state. NJ has been run by corrupt democrats for so long now, and yet people keep falling for it. I saw a poster on a Parkway overpass a few weeks back that read "Vote Menendez - Stop Bush". Well, needless to say NJ fell for it again. Here is a guy who has literally been caught on tape being corrupt, and yet we still vote him in.. It is sad, but I bet there are plenty of fellow 30 something'ers like me on this board that live in NJ that will eventually have to move out of the state they grew up in b/c its just too damn expensive....

Speaking of being scared, have you heard of all the great plans the democrats have to protect us from terrorists?... Of course you haven't B/C THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!

Here are just a few things the people "we" just elected into Congress are against:

- Stopping illegal immigration by building the fence.

- ID Cards for all LEGAL citizens in order to vote. (obviously so illegals can vote

for them)

- The Patriot Act that allows govt forces such as the CIA and FBI share info on

terrorists.

- Phone Monitoring of suspected terrorists calling into the USA.

- Profiling to help catch terrorists.

- Any form of torture, even mild, against terrorists (even if they have info of an

impending attack.)

- Military trials for terrorists. Instead they believe in the old Clinton method of

giving them constitutional rights and civilian trials. Yeh, that worked out well in

the past…

The fact is that democrats are against just about every method Bush and the conservatives use to try and protect us. They will say they are against the methods listed above b/c there is a chance one of them could infringe on a civilians (or terrorists) civil rights, but the reality is they just cannot agree with ANYTHING the Bush administration tries to implement soley out of principle. This is the greatest example of democrats playing politics with our lives. As I already said, the real scary thing is that they do not offer ANY alternative solutions to combat terrorism.

So once again, to answer your question. Bitter, no. Scared, YES!!!! :banana:

Just shut up, whitedude.

Just shut up, whitedude.

Wow, what a reply. You are right, you have convinced me to shut my pie hole. How could I have been so wrong on my last post. Thanks for setting me straight with you brilliant reply. :rolleyes:

Oh, and like you aren't a "whitedude" as well - I see under your profile your interests are listed as " Guitar Effects Pedals, Astronomy, Norwegian Black Metal". Ok "Blackguy"...

What an ass you are..

Wow, what a reply. You are right, you have convinced me to shut my pie hole. How could I have been so wrong on my last post. Thanks for setting me straight with you brilliant reply. :rolleyes:

well at least that's settled then. :banana:

and I'm a republican

Just shut up, whitedude.

Classic braindead, idiotic response from an ignorant liberal when presented with the cold, hard facts. Get educated Leonard Henry, then come back and have an intelligent debate, wow

and I'm a republican

Scooter, I've never seen eye to eye with you on here, but your latest code statement just raised your stock in my book :blink:

Scooter, I've never seen eye to eye with you on here, but your latest code statement just raised your stock in my book :lol:

:banana:

The funny thing is that I had hair down to my arse in college, and worked on an organic farm, yet I was pro capital punishment, pro-decriminalization of "soft drugs" and pro choice. THROW A LABEL ON ME, FOCKERS!

hahahaha

Those rustic looking factory people are far from hard working if they're in a Chevy plant. Those are union workers you dumba$$, you can't call what they do work.

I'd build a robot too if it helped get me away from those auto-unions. Absolute poison.

there are like 8 billion chinese...about 300 mill americans.

i'll give you one guess which country corporate america would LOVE to see have the slave labor building the products and which country they'd love to see get richer so they could sell to that country's masses.

one. focking. guess.

nafta and other similar treaties were done with the above in mind.

don't kid yourself.

there is nothing american or patriotic about any of the asshat corporations that are gutting the american people.

Classic braindead, idiotic response from an ignorant liberal when presented with the cold, hard facts. Get educated Leonard Henry, then come back and have an intelligent debate, wow

Scooter, I've never seen eye to eye with you on here, but your latest code statement just raised your stock in my book :wacko:

so...you're the man, whitey...part of the evil, tyrannical society...man, that sucks! i'm going to go straighten this ###### out right now!

Yeeeeeaaah, you all really stuck it to Bush! Conrats to you all. Take a few minutes and feel good about it, then go find your checkbook. You're gonna need it to pay all the extra taxes coming your way.

How the Fuk do you expect to pay for Bush's Illegal Iraq War he started huh!? $400 BILLION how do you think it's being paid for? Do you even know who's funding the war? It's China and if you don't think all that debt is going to hurt us in the long run your head is stuck farther up your ass than I thought. Your so afriad of higher taxes yet you have no problem with the mass debt the war is causing, jesus christ your a short sighted SOB.

And go hide in your basement if your so afraid of the terrorists, I'm not willing to give up my rights or freedoms because of the big bad terrorists, after all isn't that why the terrorist attacked us, because "they hate are freedoms" (LOL), I guess thats why Dubya is taking them away.

:mad:

The funny thing is that I had hair down to my arse in college, and worked on an organic farm, yet I was pro capital punishment, pro-decriminalization of "soft drugs" and pro choice. THROW A LABEL ON ME, FOCKERS!

hahahaha

Tool or A$$clown will be your label (you love those words anyway). :(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For anyone:

WSIS: USA or the Terrorists?

Wow, what a reply. You are right, you have convinced me to shut my pie hole. How could I have been so wrong on my last post. Thanks for setting me straight with you brilliant reply. :thumbsup:

Oh, and like you aren't a "whitedude" as well - I see under your profile your interests are listed as " Guitar Effects Pedals, Astronomy, Norwegian Black Metal". Ok "Blackguy"...

What an ass you are..

70% of white people vote republican because they stand for the white christian ideal. The democrats get the other 30%, and most of the black, hispanic, asian, middle eastern, and jewish vote. In other words, all of the garbage minorities that white republicans don't care about and don't want to deal with are pro-democrat.

I am a first generation Pakistani-American. I don't like stereotypical white christian republicans. I also don't like stereotypical white christian republicans that call people that disagree with their white christian values a "liberal" as if it's an insult. I don't like democrats either; they're just softies who take opposite stances and live off negative campaign adds. Unfortunately they're the only other option for us garbage minorities, unless we want to be ruled by white christian republicans. That still doesn't change the fact that as judgemental and racist as it may sound, you're still a stereotypical white christian republican, and I've heard all your bull a million times (I'll just watch Hannity & Colmes or Bill O'Reilly, thanks). You don't care about me, and I don't care about you. I'm young and I'm not relegated to BS bipardison politics. I feel sorry for you if you've been swept up in a pro-republican anti-democrat campaign as if it's the only solution in this country to solve any kind of problem. You might as well watch American Idol.

70% of white people vote republican because they stand for the white christian ideal. The democrats get the other 30%, and most of the black, hispanic, asian, middle eastern, and jewish vote. In other words, all of the garbage minorities that white republicans don't care about and don't want to deal with are pro-democrat.

I am a first generation Pakistani-American. I don't like stereotypical white christian republicans. I also don't like stereotypical white christian republicans that call people that disagree with their white christian values a "liberal" as if it's an insult. I don't like democrats either; they're just softies who take opposite stances and live off negative campaign adds. Unfortunately they're the only other option for us garbage minorities, unless we want to be ruled by white christian republicans. That still doesn't change the fact that as judgemental and racist as it may sound, you're still a stereotypical white christian republican, and I've heard all your bull a million times (I'll just watch Hannity & Colmes or Bill O'Reilly, thanks). You don't care about me, and I don't care about you. I'm young and I'm not relegated to BS bipardison politics. I feel sorry for you if you've been swept up in a pro-republican anti-democrat campaign as if it's the only solution in this country to solve any kind of problem. You might as well watch American Idol.

First off, I'm not the one who brought race into the discussion here. It was Leonard Henry. And how can you say "I don't care about you"? Why, b/c your a minority? Please point out where I mentioned I don't care about minorities. I guess I am racist b/c I am conservative... is that it?

How the Fuk do you expect to pay for Bush's Illegal Iraq War he started huh!? $400 BILLION how do you think it's being paid for? Do you even know who's funding the war? It's China and if you don't think all that debt is going to hurt us in the long run your head is stuck farther up your ass than I thought. Your so afriad of higher taxes yet you have no problem with the mass debt the war is causing, jesus christ your a short sighted SOB.

And go hide in your basement if your so afraid of the terrorists, I'm not willing to give up my rights or freedoms because of the big bad terrorists, after all isn't that why the terrorist attacked us, because "they hate are freedoms" (LOL), I guess thats why Dubya is taking them away.

Ok jack*ss, exactly where did I state I am for the war in Iraq? I guess b/c I made some statements that were on the conservative side you instantly assume I am pro-Iraq War. The truth is I'm not really sure how I feel about the War. I do know it could be going better over there and I hope with the new Sec of Def it might start to. I also know that whether you agree or disagree with us going in the first place the worst thing to do would be to cut and run and leave the country open to mahem. That would be bad for us and even worse for the innocent people in Iraq. There is no arguing that a free democracy smack dab in the center of the middle east will only be a benefit for the USA and the rest of the world in the long run though - It's surprising I realize that considering I'm such a "short sighted SOB".

And to call the war "Illegal" is just ignorant. You Bush haters always seem to convieniently forget that there were 17 U.N. resolutions passed to keep Saddam in check, and he ignored EVERY single one of them. (Thats U.N., NOT U.S. resolutions, mind you). He also denied UN weapons inspectors access to his country all the way up until the war began....gee, I wonder why? Maybe to move the weapons?.. NOOOOO, that couldn't be the reason! Lets give the benefit of the doubt to the 2nd coming of Hitler and call our president a liar and criminal.

It really is lose/lose with you types. If we didn't go into Iraq all you would hear is "For Gods sake, Saddam is clearly hiding something by ignoring the U.N., but Bush is too stupid to do anything about it". John Kerry would be yelling from the rafters about how Bush is incompitent and "how can we be ignoring Saddam's potential WMD's". Don't believe me, then watch this and then tell me I'm wrong:

And finally, exactly HOW is Bush taking away our freedoms? I don't seem to be affected at all by this? Does anyone else reading this feel thier freedoms are being stolen by Bush? If you consider keeping track of phone records of suspected terrorists calling into the U.S. "taking away your freedoms", then you better stop accepting calls from Osama.

Seriously, all the guy is doing is trying to protect the citizens of the US for Christs sake! Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to be doing everyting in your power to protect American lives and at the same time all the Left does is try and sabotage you for political gain (ie., the NY times leaking the NSA phone record story).

And finally, I am not going to "hide in my basement", but I will be concerened about terrorism. And I think we SHOULD be proactive and not reactive to it. Please tell me what methods YOU would use to combat terrorism if YOU were President? I'd love to hear them..... :mad:

Ok jack*ss, exactly where did I state I am for the war in Iraq? I guess b/c I made some statements that were on the conservative side you instantly assume I am pro-Iraq War. The truth is I'm not really sure how I feel about the War. I do know it could be going better over there and I hope with the new Sec of Def it might start to. I also know that whether you agree or disagree with us going in the first place the worst thing to do would be to cut and run and leave the country open to mahem. That would be bad for us and even worse for the innocent people in Iraq. There is no arguing that a free democracy smack dab in the center of the middle east will only be a benefit for the USA and the rest of the world in the long run though - It's surprising I realize that considering I'm such a "short sighted SOB".

And to call the war "Illegal" is just ignorant. You Bush haters always seem to convieniently forget that there were 17 U.N. resolutions passed to keep Saddam in check, and he ignored EVERY single one of them. (Thats U.N., NOT U.S. resolutions, mind you). He also denied UN weapons inspectors access to his country all the way up until the war began....gee, I wonder why? Maybe to move the weapons?.. NOOOOO, that couldn't be the reason! Lets give the benefit of the doubt to the 2nd coming of Hitler and call our president a liar and criminal.

It really is lose/lose with you types. If we didn't go into Iraq all you would hear is "For Gods sake, Saddam is clearly hiding something by ignoring the U.N., but Bush is too stupid to do anything about it". John Kerry would be yelling from the rafters about how Bush is incompitent and "how can we be ignoring Saddam's potential WMD's". Don't believe me, then watch this and then tell me I'm wrong:

And finally, exactly HOW is Bush taking away our freedoms? I don't seem to be affected at all by this? Does anyone else reading this feel thier freedoms are being stolen by Bush? If you consider keeping track of phone records of suspected terrorists calling into the U.S. "taking away your freedoms", then you better stop accepting calls from Osama.

Seriously, all the guy is doing is trying to protect the citizens of the US for Christs sake! Can you imagine how frustrating it must be to be doing everyting in your power to protect American lives and at the same time all the Left does is try and sabotage you for political gain (ie., the NY times leaking the NSA phone record story).

And finally, I am not going to "hide in my basement", but I will be concerened about terrorism. And I think we SHOULD be proactive and not reactive to it. Please tell me what methods YOU would use to combat terrorism if YOU were President? I'd love to hear them..... :banana:

:mad: :shocking:

Don't ever feel like you have to justify yourself to the loony left.

If you don't believe me try asking some fellow NJ homers how much fun it is to pay all the insane taxes to live in this state. NJ has been run by corrupt democrats for so long now, and yet people keep falling for it. I saw a poster on a Parkway overpass a few weeks back that read "Vote Menendez - Stop Bush". Well, needless to say NJ fell for it again. Here is a guy who has literally been caught on tape being corrupt, and yet we still vote him in.. It is sad, but I bet there are plenty of fellow 30 something'ers like me on this board that live in NJ that will eventually have to move out of the state they grew up in b/c its just too damn expensive....

Speaking of being scared, have you heard of all the great plans the democrats have to protect us from terrorists?... Of course you haven't B/C THEY DON'T HAVE ANY!

Here are just a few things the people "we" just elected into Congress are against:

- ID Cards for all LEGAL citizens in order to vote. (obviously so illegals can vote

for them)

terrorists.

- Any form of torture, even mild, against terrorists (even if they have info of an

impending attack.)

- Military trials for terrorists. Instead they believe in the old Clinton method of

giving them constitutional rights and civilian trials. Yeh, that worked out well in

the past…

The fact is that democrats are against just about every method Bush and the conservatives use to try and protect us. They will say they are against the methods listed above b/c there is a chance one of them could infringe on a civilians (or terrorists) civil rights, but the reality is they just cannot agree with ANYTHING the Bush administration tries to implement soley out of principle. This is the greatest example of democrats playing politics with our lives. As I already said, the real scary thing is that they do not offer ANY alternative solutions to combat terrorism.

So once again, to answer your question. Bitter, no. Scared, YES!!!! :mad:

I agree 100% with everything you said in the above quote. :shocking:

From you it's a compliment.

You're welcome.

You're letting the terrorists win.

:dunno:

You being a tool has nothing to do with the terrorists. :P

70% of white people vote republican because they stand for the white christian ideal.

Link? Dumbass :dunno:

Also, since when did 7-11 give their counter people internet access? :P

I'm white, I'm a Republican, but I don't stand for "the white christian ideal"

Now ring up my slurpee and STFU.

Link? Dumbass :P

Also, since when did 7-11 give their counter people internet access? :dunno:

Hey thanks for keeping the Republican white trash stereotype alive! Dumbass. :dunno:

Hey thanks for keeping the Republican white trash stereotype alive! Dumbass. :dunno:

I couldn't help it :dunno:

What's a race war without stupid stereotypes anyway?

Also, why is this thread even open still? Geek bored, sure...Here...:P

And finally, I am not going to "hide in my basement", but I will be concerened about terrorism. And I think we SHOULD be proactive and not reactive to it. Please tell me what methods YOU would use to combat terrorism if YOU were President? I'd love to hear them..... :banana:

Holy Sh*t, it's 2006 and I quote you, "The truth is I'm not really sure how I feel about the War". WOW while you've been trying to decide how you feel more than 2,840 Americas have been killed in Iraq. Christ, seriously how long until you know how you'll feel about the war? There were no WMD's and there is absolutly no proof that they were ever moved so please DON'T MAKE UP SUCH HORSESH*T, it's insulting to me and every American who has paid attention to what's taken place not to mention the 2,840+ Americans killed in Iraq.

And you have the fuking gull to say that if we cut and run the country will be open to mahem? Jesus Christ where have you been? No seriously. The country IS in mahem, god damn it open your eyes and read a report by one of the many generals who have served in Iraq and since retired. There aren't any flowers or candy being handed out to U.S. soldiers like Rumsfeld said there would be but I guess you hadn't notice, your still on the fence about how you feel about the whole war thing after all.

And I brought up Iraq in the first place because you're bitching about taxes, how the fuk do you expect to pay for Bush's $400+ BILLION Iraq war? Do you really think it's a great idea to allow China to own our ass, you know with them being the next power to challege us? God forbid if some of the burdon is put on your shoulders instead of your grandkids which it will be, how selfish can you be?? 2,840 Dead in Iraq and you're bitching about taxes, you ungrateful SOB.

You want to protect the U.S.? How about enacting the 9/11 Commission recommendations, something the Republicans decided not to do and something that is on the very top of the Democrats list to do this Janurary after the new Congress takes over. How about focusing on the war on terror instead of bullsh1t adventure wars like Iraq? Do you realize that Afghanistan is falling back under control of Taliban? Starting a senseless war in Iraq sucked our troops out of Afghanistan before it was stablized, that was pretty retarded wouldn't you say?

The war on terror will not be won with bombs alone, that's a fact you can take to the bank. You kill one terrorist and 3 more will pop up in their place, the U.S. does not have the resources...rather China does not have the cash flow to keep buying our debt to keep that process going on forever. You beat the terrorists by removing their recuitment strenghts, that means building up terror breeding sh*tholes like Pakistan so there are alternatives to religious fundelmentalism. People become terrorists because they feel they are oppressed and can't do anything to escape that oppression, let's remove the barriers and offer alternatives. In the meantime the military approach should be more Covert Op.

Bush wants to protect America? Then he should get out of bed with Saudi Arabia. 15 hijackers from there and Bush guns for Iraq? Come on man.

$400 Billion gone, almost 3000 American soldiers dead and what have we got for it. Honestly.

"You want to protect the U.S.? How about enacting the 9/11 Commission recommendations, something the Republicans decided not to do and something that is on the very top of the Democrats list to do this Janurary after the new Congress takes over."

.........and the Raiders will win the division and defeat Houston in the AFC championship game.

The only thing that is "on the very top" of the Democrats list of sh!t to do after the "new" Congress takes over is to continuing doing what's always been done....lie, cheat, and steal. You should be in P.R. because it really appears that you believe your own bullsh!t

Link? Dumbass :wall:

Also, since when did 7-11 give their counter people internet access? :cry:

I guess I didn't need to put it in words in the first place!

WHITE SUPREMACY!

Holy Sh*t, it's 2006 and I quote you, "The truth is I'm not really sure how I feel about the War". WOW while you've been trying to decide how you feel more than 2,840 Americas have been killed in Iraq. Christ, seriously how long until you know how you'll feel about the war? There were no WMD's and there is absolutly no proof that they were ever moved so please DON'T MAKE UP SUCH HORSESH*T, it's insulting to me and every American who has paid attention to what's taken place not to mention the 2,840+ Americans killed in Iraq.

And you have the fuking gull to say that if we cut and run the country will be open to mahem? Jesus Christ where have you been? No seriously. The country IS in mahem, god damn it open your eyes and read a report by one of the many generals who have served in Iraq and since retired. There aren't any flowers or candy being handed out to U.S. soldiers like Rumsfeld said there would be but I guess you hadn't notice, your still on the fence about how you feel about the whole war thing after all.

And I brought up Iraq in the first place because you're bitching about taxes, how the fuk do you expect to pay for Bush's $400+ BILLION Iraq war? Do you really think it's a great idea to allow China to own our ass, you know with them being the next power to challege us? God forbid if some of the burdon is put on your shoulders instead of your grandkids which it will be, how selfish can you be?? 2,840 Dead in Iraq and you're bitching about taxes, you ungrateful SOB.

You want to protect the U.S.? How about enacting the 9/11 Commission recommendations, something the Republicans decided not to do and something that is on the very top of the Democrats list to do this Janurary after the new Congress takes over. How about focusing on the war on terror instead of bullsh1t adventure wars like Iraq? Do you realize that Afghanistan is falling back under control of Taliban? Starting a senseless war in Iraq sucked our troops out of Afghanistan before it was stablized, that was pretty retarded wouldn't you say?

The war on terror will not be won with bombs alone, that's a fact you can take to the bank. You kill one terrorist and 3 more will pop up in their place, the U.S. does not have the resources...rather China does not have the cash flow to keep buying our debt to keep that process going on forever. You beat the terrorists by removing their recuitment strenghts, that means building up terror breeding sh*tholes like Pakistan so there are alternatives to religious fundelmentalism. People become terrorists because they feel they are oppressed and can't do anything to escape that oppression, let's remove the barriers and offer alternatives. In the meantime the military approach should be more Covert Op.

Bush wants to protect America? Then he should get out of bed with Saudi Arabia. 15 hijackers from there and Bush guns for Iraq? Come on man.

$400 Billion gone, almost 3000 American soldiers dead and what have we got for it. Honestly.

You know Lincoln was generally hated in his time as well. History has been pretty kind to him since. I firmly believe the same will hold true for Bush. I’m sure you’ll disagree with me on this, but hey, opinions are like a-holes (everyone’s got one).

You say we should be trying to build up terrorist breeding chitholes over there? Well, what do you think we are doing in Iraq? Bush is smart enough to know that there needs to be a democracy right in the center of the middle east, so people in Iran, etc… can look in their backyard and say “hey, why can’t we have that”? We may never feel the effects of this, but our grandchildren will…

Ok, maybe saying “I don’t know how I feel about the war” was the wrong choice of words. Obviously if you read the rest of my post you’d see I’m not against it, I just wish it were going better. And I don’t disagree with you that it is mayhem over there now. Of course it is..ITS A WAR, but you can’t just leave w/o at least building up the Iraqi guard so they can protect themselves. Hey man, I am realistic – I know its not going perfectly over there. But I’m sure things didn’t go perfectly in WWII either. I’m sure there were people that were plenty saying “why the hell are we fighting Europe’s war?”..

Speaking of WWII – could you imagine if the media were like it is today when that war was fought? Having EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL soldier’s death reported on the front pages.. I’m sure you’ll label me as insensitive or whatever, but 2800+ deaths is relatively small compared to other major wars. I know, I know, try telling that to the families of fallen soldiers.. Trust me, I’m just speaking statistically here. Every soldiers death is terrible. But my point is that the Left just LOVES to bring it up. It was like Christmas for them a few years back when the death toll hit 1000. You could not look at any news site w/o seeing if in bold large font.

And about the taxes – personally I don’t mind paying taxes that go towards a worthy cause (I know we disagree that the war is a worthy cause, but once again opinions are like a-holes…). What I DO mind is paying taxes that are unnecessary and due to corrupt politicians lining their own pockets. Do you live in NJ? If not, then you have no idea what I’m talking about.

And finally, don’t sit there and tell me the Dems are going to implement recommendations. Are you freaking kidding me?!!!! Can you even name one of these recommendations? (I’ll give you time to google…). Forget about what you think Bush has done to hurt the war on terror for a second and tell me one, JUST ONE idea or plan that any Democrat in congress has come up with to combat terrorism? (Once again try Google, but you may be there for a while…).

Dude. You need to check yourself. If you want things to change, this isn't how it's done.

You like being stereotyped as a Pakistani-American? If not don't add to the problem. Be above it.

for them)

terrorists.

impending attack.)

the past…

So once again, to answer your question. Bitter, no. Scared, YES!!!! :banana:

The Republican machine has created this belief. Building the "fear" and selling us on the belief that they're the only party that can "save" us. BS!

Same with the Religious right who fuels the belief that all christians in this country should be obligated to vote Republican because that's God's party. I'm pretty positive that God cares little about the Republican party.

I'm hoping both parties are in for a surprise in the future with younger generations. Generations who won't eat what they're trying to feed us anymore. As for right now, screw both parties! :banana:

there are like 8 billion chinese...about 300 mill americans.

i'll give you one guess which country corporate america would LOVE to see have the slave labor building the products and which country they'd love to see get richer so they could sell to that country's masses.

one. focking. guess.

nafta and other similar treaties were done with the above in mind.

don't kid yourself.

there is nothing american or patriotic about any of the asshat corporations that are gutting the american people.

I don't disagree with you about corporations, they'd sell our souls and their own to make a profit.....but isn't what makes America horrible also what makes America great?

My point at the time was how the Auto-unions are so dysfunctional it's embarrassing. The corporations are a whole other subject.

Wow, I don't know how this thread became a political shouting match, but I was just gonna say:

Get this song out of my head!!! Man, they've been playing it alot. I don't blame Mellencamp for making a buck, but PLEASE. Running it into the ground a little dontcha think?

My kids just started watching Pink Panther on Boomerang, so I've either had the Mellencamp song in my head or that Pink Panther theme music. AHHHHH :pointstosky:

I never heard a response to the below link as well... I'm sure you'll call it "typical right wing propaganda", but you can't deny that he said the things he said. He is a typical left winger - say one thing and if it doesn't hold true, deny you ever said it and say the opposite. Didn't Kerry vote FOR the war resolution before he voted against it? Or did he vote AGAINST it before he voted for it? I can't remember...

Speaking of twofaced Democrats, how about your 2008 candidate Hillary? For the life of me I cant remember what show it was, but I saw her being interviewed almost 2 yrs ago where she said that any company that hires illegal immigrants should be fined. Then a year later she is at the podium at a pro-illegal immigrant rally in NYC saying “you are the ones that raise our children and clean up after us. You are invaluable to us”. (Seriously, she really said that!)

The difference b/t Bush and the Dems is that he knows he’s not in a popularity contest. It is obvious he doesn’t care about polls and popularity. You may not agree with him, but at least you know where he stands…

Dude. You need to check yourself. If you want things to change, this isn't how it's done.

You like being stereotyped as a Pakistani-American? If not don't add to the problem. Be above it.

The Republican machine has created this belief. Building the "fear" and selling us on the belief that they're the only party that can "save" us. BS!

Same with the Religious right who fuels the belief that all christians in this country should be obligated to vote Republican because that's God's party. I'm pretty positive that God cares little about the Republican party.

I'm hoping both parties are in for a surprise in the future with younger generations. Generations who won't eat what they're trying to feed us anymore. As for right now, screw both parties! :ninja:

The young millenial generation? :blink: Good luck with that. Most of them can't read or write, just play focking video games all day :dunno:

I never heard a response to the below link as well... I'm sure you'll call it "typical right wing propaganda", but you can't deny that he said the things he said. He is a typical left winger - say one thing and if it doesn't hold true, deny you ever said it and say the opposite. Didn't Kerry vote FOR the war resolution before he voted against it? Or did he vote AGAINST it before he voted for it? I can't remember...

Speaking of twofaced Democrats, how about your 2008 candidate Hillary? For the life of me I cant remember what show it was, but I saw her being interviewed almost 2 yrs ago where she said that any company that hires illegal immigrants should be fined. Then a year later she is at the podium at a pro-illegal immigrant rally in NYC saying “you are the ones that raise our children and clean up after us. You are invaluable to us”. (Seriously, she really said that!)

The difference b/t Bush and the Dems is that he knows he’s not in a popularity contest. It is obvious he doesn’t care about polls and popularity. You may not agree with him, but at least you know where he stands…

Wow. A politician saying what people want to hear in an attempt to win the election. Imagine that. Kerry was not a good candidate and I'm glad he didn't become president. Bush was not a good candidate either, though, but he did get in. Bush vs. Kerry was stupid. Vote for the lesser of 2 evils or don't vote at all.

You are correct, I know where Bush stands. :(

The young millenial generation? :lol: Good luck with that. Most of them can't read or write, just play focking video games all day :dunno:

Thanks crotchity old man. "Back in my day......" :blink:

I happen to be a gen-xer so obviously, I trust no one. :ninja:

Call me crazy, but showing pictures of Katrina and 911 and then selling a truck at the end of the commercial is slightly disgusting. How is this pride? This is nothing more than marketing at its worst.

Hijacking american crises for markerting in the name of a dollar is the republican way! Didnt anybody watch Bushs campaign? "I will protect you from the big bad terrorists. No more 911!"

You know Lincoln was generally hated in his time as well. History has been pretty kind to him since. I firmly believe the same will hold true for Bush. I’m sure you’ll disagree with me on this, but hey, opinions are like a-holes (everyone’s got one).

You say we should be trying to build up terrorist breeding chitholes over there? Well, what do you think we are doing in Iraq? Bush is smart enough to know that there needs to be a democracy right in the center of the middle east, so people in Iran, etc… can look in their backyard and say “hey, why can’t we have that”? We may never feel the effects of this, but our grandchildren will…

Ok, maybe saying “I don’t know how I feel about the war” was the wrong choice of words. Obviously if you read the rest of my post you’d see I’m not against it, I just wish it were going better. And I don’t disagree with you that it is mayhem over there now. Of course it is..ITS A WAR, but you can’t just leave w/o at least building up the Iraqi guard so they can protect themselves. Hey man, I am realistic – I know its not going perfectly over there. But I’m sure things didn’t go perfectly in WWII either. I’m sure there were people that were plenty saying “why the hell are we fighting Europe’s war?”..

Speaking of WWII – could you imagine if the media were like it is today when that war was fought? Having EVERY SINGLE INDIVIDUAL soldier’s death reported on the front pages.. I’m sure you’ll label me as insensitive or whatever, but 2800+ deaths is relatively small compared to other major wars. I know, I know, try telling that to the families of fallen soldiers.. Trust me, I’m just speaking statistically here. Every soldiers death is terrible. But my point is that the Left just LOVES to bring it up. It was like Christmas for them a few years back when the death toll hit 1000. You could not look at any news site w/o seeing if in bold large font.

And about the taxes – personally I don’t mind paying taxes that go towards a worthy cause (I know we disagree that the war is a worthy cause, but once again opinions are like a-holes…). What I DO mind is paying taxes that are unnecessary and due to corrupt politicians lining their own pockets. Do you live in NJ? If not, then you have no idea what I’m talking about.

You didnt really just compare Bush to Lincoln (THE SOUTH SECEDED AND STARTED A CIVIL FOCKING WAR) and Iraq to WWII (EVER HEAR OF DEATH CAMPS AND THE INVASION OF POLAND?) Last I checked, thats not something Saddam is being "tried" for....

People like you are the reasons why the republicans are able to ride the christian wave all the way to the whitehouse. Keep those blinders on a little longer. Your kids will pay for it.

You didnt really just compare Bush to Lincoln (THE SOUTH SECEDED AND STARTED A CIVIL FOCKING WAR) and Iraq to WWII (EVER HEAR OF DEATH CAMPS AND THE INVASION OF POLAND?) Last I checked, thats not something Saddam is being "tried" for....

People like you are the reasons why the republicans are able to ride the christian wave all the way to the whitehouse. Keep those blinders on a little longer. Your kids will pay for it.

Hey fool, I wasn’t comparing Iraq to WWII. I was just making a point about the media and the Left’s general attitude towards war in general.

And last I checked Saddam WAS being tried and WAS convicted of gassing thousands. Sound familiar?....

And you have the balls to tell me to take the blinders off?! Our kids our going to pay for it??? What the hell are you talking about man?!! Our kids are going to pay b/c the Dems have no ideas of their own. They win elections soley by stating the “mistakes” of their opponents, not on what THEY are going to do. DON’T YOU EVEN TRY TO DENY THAT!

Lets keep it real simple jack*ss. Give me some ideas/solutions to combat terrorism? I keep asking this question from you people and yet I keep getting no answers…

Hijacking american crises for markerting in the name of a dollar is the republican way! Didnt anybody watch Bushs campaign? "I will protect you from the big bad terrorists. No more 911!"

Ok, I don’t even know where to begin with this statement… I am assuming you are about 16 yrs old and you and your friends are the type that sit around and bash republicans because “it’s cooool maaan”.

You say the above as if it wasn’t an important issue in the campaign. NEWS FLASH you idiot: Protecting the American people is the #1 priority of any president. The economy, etc… don’t mean crap if you’re dead (and by the way, the economy is at record levels, but you rarely hear about that…)

And last I checked there HASN’T been another 911. I’d say Bush has done a pretty good job at keeping his election promises.

You people think folks like me are paranoid and are buying into some Republican fear campaign. You could not be further from the truth. I don’t believe that protecting America is the highest priority b/c some Republican politician/radio host tells me so. I believe it b/c I knew people that died in 911 and I had the misfortune of sitting at my desk that morning while smelling the smoke and wondering how many of my friends were dead. So don’t sit there and demean those that died by making statements like “the big bad terrorists”. The threat is real my friend, even if you have your head so far up your Bush hating ass that you don’t realize it….

Wow. A politician saying what people want to hear in an attempt to win the election. Imagine that. Kerry was not a good candidate and I'm glad he didn't become president. Bush was not a good candidate either, though, but he did get in. Bush vs. Kerry was stupid. Vote for the lesser of 2 evils or don't vote at all.

You are correct, I know where Bush stands. :(

Thanks crotchity old man. "Back in my day......" :sleep:

I happen to be a gen-xer so obviously, I trust no one. :headbanger:

The fact that you couldn't refute my main point but had to resort to lame old man joke just proves my point. You keep headbanging gen-xer and leave running the country to those who know what the hell is going on in this world. Obviously, your liberal government school education has left you uniformed, to put it mildly.

Our kids are paying now because Bill Focking Clinton was too busy getting knob gobblers in the oval office instead of defending this country. You can kill Bush all you want; he is no preferct president. But if Clinton was even 1% competent when it came to foreign affairs, we might not be in Iraq now. You really want to get pissed off? Go read a book called Dereliction of Duty and see how Bill, Shillary and Uncle Al Gore really feel about this country. :thumbsdown:

The fact that you couldn't refute my main point but had to resort to lame old man joke just proves my point. You keep headbanging gen-xer and leave running the country to those who know what the hell is going on in this world. Obviously, your liberal government school education has left you uniformed, to put it mildly.

Refute your main point?

Wasn't your main point that millenials "couldn't read and play video games all focking day"? Was I supposed to answer that seriously? Sorry, I was pretty sure you weren't being serious.

I went to a private college and paid my loans all by myself brother. And do you know what's going on in this world better than I? I highly doubt it. Do you trust what's coming out of our White House? If so....why?

And best of all.....how has my education left me "uniformed"? :doublethumbsup: :lol:

Our kids are paying now because Bill Focking Clinton was too busy getting knob gobblers in the oval office instead of defending this country. You can kill Bush all you want; he is no preferct president. But if Clinton was even 1% competent when it came to foreign affairs, we might not be in Iraq now. You really want to get pissed off? Go read a book called Dereliction of Duty and see how Bill, Shillary and Uncle Al Gore really feel about this country. :doublethumbsup:

Right on man.

Here is a link to a little reported story: http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/12/D8FNUKEO0.html

I can't imagine how Bush must have felt after hearing of this. Here you are trying to wage a war on terror and at the same time keep relations good with the Arabs that don't want to kill us, and here you have the former vice prez of the USA giving a speech in the middle east that is full of blatant lies that makes the US look terrible. This goes waaaaay beyond just not liking the Bush administration. How Gore was able to get away with this is insane. If he were a Republican he would have been tried for treason and it would have been on the front page of every major newspaper. Please, someone try to tell me I'm wrong on this.....

This thread is still going on? :banana:

You people be funny :banana:

I have to agree with you SUXBNME. I am done with this thread. Arguing with these liberal fools is about as productive as trying to teach algebra to my dog.

Back to football. HOW BOUT THEM JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dance :banana: BE-OTCH :banana: DANCE!

I have to agree with you SUXBNME. I am done with this thread. Arguing with these liberal fools is about as productive as trying to teach algebra to my dog.

Back to football. HOW BOUT THEM JETS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Dance :banana: BE-OTCH :lol: DANCE!

THEM JETS ARE THE SUX :thumbsdown: :banana:

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!

my lord, shut that damn commercial off, drives me nuts!!!!

Can we get a Man Law ruling on banning any listening, singing, or mention of this song ever again?

What's so stupid is how they label all the pictures with these patriotic depictions of America and Chevy.

I believe when they print "Our Mascot" they show a lean cowboy with great looking Golden Retrievers.

I think it would be more realistic if Mellencamp used a picture from a line from another one of his songs,

"Sucking on a chili dog, outside the tasty freeze" and show some fat slop doing just that. That's more like America's Mascot.

THIS IS OUR COUNTRY!!!!!!!!!!

my lord, shut that damn commercial off, drives me nuts!!!!

TURN IT UP, MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub: