Sign in to follow this  
Mike MacGregor

Compiler and Buddy Help Guide

Hey what do you know, I actually came up with some instructions for the Compiler and Buddy this year...

Getting Started - Includes installation, enabling macros, basic operating steps for each of the Compiler and Buddy.

Cheatsheet Compiler - What each tab in the Compiler does and basics on how they work.

Draft Buddy - What each tab in Buddy does and basics on how they work.

Advanced Features - Creating/saving/loading league profiles, inputting starters and backups, overall ranking methods including what they are and some discussion on custom baselines.

Importing Projections - All the concepts you need to know to get the job done.

FAQ - Frequent questions and answers.

To be updated for 2005, but its still helpful to use the 2004 guide for the time being if needed.

in the section where you can add FF points for distances of TDs, do you put the amount you want added to a TD, or what you want the entire XXX yard TD to score?

thanks

Hi l.o.d.d.

If, for example, your league scores 6 points per TD plus 2 bonus for TDs 40 yards or longer, then you input it as either...

TD = 6 FF Points Per 1 Unit

Distance Table:
0 to  9 = 0
10 to 19 = 0
20 to 29 = 0
30 to 39 = 0
40 to 49 = 2
50 to 59 = 2
60 to 69 = 2, etc., etc.

OR

TD = 0 FF Points Per 1 Unit

Distance Table:
0 to  9 = 6
10 to 19 = 6
20 to 29 = 6
30 to 39 = 6
40 to 49 = 8
50 to 59 = 8
60 to 69 = 8, etc., etc.

Both will work. Do not input 6 in the regular scoring and then 6/8 in the distance table or TD scoring will be overstated.

The help guide and FAQ are updated. Let me know if anyone sees anything that is missing or should be expanded on.

Guest harryg1234@aol.com

i wanna purchase the draft compiler for this fantasy football season. I used it last year when my buddy had it and i won my league!! If you could jsut send me any information that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry Grossman

i wanna purchase the draft compiler for this fantasy football season.  I used it last year when my buddy had it and i won my league!!  If you could jsut send me any information that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Harry Grossman

Hi Harry,

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase here at the site with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

If you have any problems or questions about the order process just send an email to sales@fftoday.com and we'll be happy to help.

Thanks,

Is there something wrong with the setting for the Free Agents? When I run my cheat sheet every thing looks good except that Eddie George and Ki-Jana Carter keep popping up. I like Ki-Jana as much as the next guy, but I assume that's a mistake.

Do you mean in the Compiler Jason? Are they showing up on the cheatsheets? - Position ranking or overall?

They most definitely should not be on the cheatsheets. I haven't heard of this problem from any others. Did you add or edit any projections on the RB tab?

It's happening in the overall and RB for the compiler. Their actual projections (yards etc) show zero, but they have high total points. It's probably operator error, but I can't think what it could be.

By the way, I love the compiler. It's going to save me hours of prep time.

Zip the file and email it over to me. I'll take a look. That will be the best way for us to get to the bottom of this.

I don't know how to zip the file, but I looked at the total points cell for George and it just says "203" instead of having formula. I've updated projections and run a new cheatsheet, and Ki-Jana is no longer showing up.

Even if you don't know how to zip the file just send it over as an attachment. If you have a dial-up connection it will take a little while to send though.

Guest t_s_jernigan

Hey. I just bought the Cheatsheet Compiler and Draft Buddy, but at the time of purchase, I did not have an account. Will I receive the Compiler via email? If not, what do I need to do to get it? I can send someone my Paypal receipt if needed.

You should have received an email after purchase with login info. If you didn't receive it, then drop me an email at compiler@fftoday.com and we'll take care of it. Send a copy of your PayPal receipt. That is a good idea.

Guest t_s_jernigan

Thanks Mike. I didn't receive the email, so I'll send you the Paypal receipt.

Okay t. I just forwarded your login info to you. Cheers.

Guest t_s_jernigan
Okay t. I just forwarded your login info to you. Cheers.

Just got it. Thanks Mike.

Stupidly, I didn't read the instructions prior to filling out the scoring in the compiler.

When filling out the scoring for the compiler, I changed the ranges in the TD and FG areas for bonuses (or just yardage for FG's). I then went to view the instructions after I'd already saved everything, and it states, "The distance ranges shown for TDs and FGs cannot be changed." Well, my CAN be changed and I did. I'm now a little worried that I made a major mistake.

Did I royally screw up or is this ok? If I screwed up, how do I fix it?

Thanks in advance.

I don't think anything is "royally" screwed GDogg. Its just that the distance ranges will ignore what you put in, and account for the points at the preset ranges for each row as specified previously: 0-9, 10-19, 20-29, etc.

So, your scoring is a bit off. Depending how big the bonuses are it probably won't make that much difference in the player rankings, and all you need to do is switch the scoring back using the ranges that were in there.