Sign in to follow this  
Zap

Commentary Rounds 9-12

I had to blink three times. I can't believe Edwards was still on the board. Yes, his team sucks. Yes, they'll be running a new scheme. Yes, he is an IDP monster no matter what. Steal o' the draft so far...

I restarted the computer to see if I could get a fresh run at this site... lol. Editing is almost impossible, so track the current rounds and pick away. I'll get back to it and see how it goes, but the site wasn't responding, returning errors, timing out, etc.

I restarted the computer to see if I could get a fresh run at this site... lol. Editing is almost impossible, so track the current rounds and pick away. I'll get back to it and see how it goes, but the site wasn't responding, returning errors, timing out, etc.

Yeah, the site sucks today, no doubt.

:banana:

No mail from scooter at either address.

No! Not scooter! He would never....

Ah, blow it out yer arse Aaron - you truly are a packer. Fudge, that is.

B)

I'm here. I had to go to preop this morning - I have a torn labrum (old football injury) and I'm having surgery tomorrow. sorry that this mock was not the most singular thing in my life right now.

Kinda pissed Boston just got taken - that changes things a little for me. I think he's going to suck, but he's great value right there.

This would be a prudent time to double check your rosters considering the troubles I was having this morning.

Moz?

Scooter? You're vexing us. B)

Thanks for the list FF Aff. Let me know if you're back in time. I really don't open them. We took Wayne at the same time last round. Ya'll see how nice that worked? He picked Wayne while I was referencing his list. I came in and picked Wayne without noticing he'd already done so. :banana:

Maybe I'm an arrogant bast@rd, but I am really not that intimidated byt this idea - I really feel like I can compete with anyone in FFB. Perhaps it will be an expensive lesson in humility?

[For scooter continuing other commentary to make sure he sees it.]

My advice: Don't let the big dollar entry fee fool you. There are lots of people out there with money to throw around and that has no correlation to their skill level at fantasy football. There isn't much difference in skill level between people competing in these big competitions and a typical - well, what I would call typical - internet league full of competitive message board geeks.

So, I would expect more skill than most local leagues, but on par with geek leagues. No magazines. Everyone will probably have purchased some up-to-date internet service of some kind. You're probably making a good choice going with this contest, as I did notice WCOFF more competitive in year 2 as they had a year under their belts to cut away some less skilled players and all returning members were more in tune with the intricacies of the game.

If you can get a good handle on a 14 team draft going in, then I expect you'll be in great shape because that could throw some people not used to it.

Ah, blow it out yer arse Aaron - you truly are a packer. Fudge, that is.

And the winner for most original insult is...

Touchy touchy :banana:

Just commenting on the daily wait for scooter, who then comes on and complains about having to wait... B)

I'm having surgery tomorrow. sorry that this mock was not the most singular thing in my life right now.

This will slow us down.

Send a list, please. And I had the same injury. Good luck with that. It can still bring intense pain if I grab a rebound going one way the same time another grabs it going the other way. Then I drag my arm around for an hour. Very painful. :banana:

You guys should stick to the armchair sports :banana:

I'm here. I had to go to preop this morning - I have a torn labrum (old football injury) and I'm having surgery tomorrow. sorry that this mock was not the most singular thing in my life right now.

And that sucks. Good luck.

...and just one more comment on Nick Barnett... NOW, we finally see the best LB from the NFC Central drafted :banana:

I'm having surgery tomorrow.  sorry that this mock was not the most singular thing in my life right now.

This will slow us down.

Send a list, please. And I had the same injury. Good luck with that. It can still bring intense pain if I grab a rebound going one way the same time another grabs it going the other way. Then I drag my arm around for an hour. Very painful. B)

nah - actually it'll speed it up when I get home. I'll be off for many moons and will have nothing to do but harrang people to make their picks.

I'll send you a list tonight - I'll probably get to make at least one more pick today the way things are progressing, so after that I will send you a looooong list so as to not impair the draft in the morning.

...and just one more comment on Nick Barnett... NOW, we finally see the best LB from the NFC Central drafted :banana:

I refuse to comment about this player. B)

We have a real nice run set after Moz picks twice. I have a list from Blue. I'd hate to proxy Moz twice, and I'd hate to lose the run. Crud, how patient are you? Don't go anywhere without leaving me a short list, please and TIA. I'm keynote speaker at a company lunch at noon. I can send a list to any volunteer who is here for the day.

Moz looks like he'd be seeking defense and receiver with these picks, imho.

Yes, Reed was a bit of a reach. Probably still too early to take a DB, but I just didn't see a hell of a lot of value around, and he is a playmaker.

I love that pick. I think Reed ends the 2004 season as the #1 FF point-getter at DB. The ADP I have (from xpertleagues) has him at 9.6, so you're getting him right about where you should.

Yes, Reed was a bit of a reach. Probably still too early to take a DB, but I just didn't see a hell of a lot of value around, and he is a playmaker.

I love that pick. I think Reed ends the 2004 season as the #1 FF point-getter at DB. The ADP I have (from xpertleagues) has him at 9.6, so you're getting him right about where you should.

Thanks - I didn't think he was a steal there, but I agree that he has #1 DB potential - and I could have done a lot worse there.

I had a couple of LB I was eyeing, but Reed kept jumping out at me.

Maybe should have went defense -- But I am sure someone was targeting Lefty in this round and didn't want to risk him not getting back to me.

Maybe should have went defense -- But I am sure someone was targeting Lefty in this round and didn't want to risk him not getting back to me.

Nice choice. I was going to have a hard time passing on him as my backup...

I was going to encourage BW to consider Leftwich too, but then I realized he has the same bye-week as Vick (his #1 QB). Oh well... back to the drawing board (or the cell phone in this case).

After my next pick, I'm out for an hour or more (2 max, lunch at the beach in San Diego in July is distracting). Anybody want my list? I'll check my email for yours and get yuo covered before I leave.

PackerAaron sent me a list for Round 11?? Shall I open it and use it for Round 10? It was probably a typo, misunderstanding. He's not here.

This post is to cover me if I'm in error. :unsure:

PackerAaron sent me a list for Round 11?? Shall I open it and use it for Round 10? It was probably a typo, misunderstanding. He's not here.

This post is to cover me if I'm in error. :lol:

I would assume also that it's a typo. Use it....I think. :unsure:

Scooter ygm. I'm gone. You kids are on your own. Play nice. Don't pick people that are already gone. Have fun. No updates for a couple hours so watch the current round thread before picking. Good luck. Goodbye. Good riddance.