Sign in to follow this  
Reavers

Marvin Harrison Imploding?

Last week Manning and Harrison were arguing on the sidelines. This week has Harrison walking off the field early. What's going on here? Any info?

Colts receiver Marvin Harrison had just one catch for 8 yards, but his night was more eventful than that.

Harrison was the only player to walk off the field with four seconds left in the first half as the Colts were preparing for a field goal. His departure was made more conspicuous when there was a dispute as the Colts were lining up for the play, leading to a delay and a penalty.

Later, when Philadelphia cornerback Lito Sheppard wrestled the ball from Harrison for an interception, Harrison stood and watched as Sheppard returned it instead of chasing the play.

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti.../611270393/1100

Looked like Marvin was having a bad day, but I wouldn't read any more into it than that. On the interception, by the time Marvin got off the turf Sheppard was already 15 yards downfield.

This behavior is not better than that of TO and Moss and we know how they get ripped. Why is it OK for Harrison?

This behavior is not better than that of TO and Moss and we know how they get ripped. Why is it OK for Harrison?

Maybe because Harrison hasn't done it is whole career like those 2 have.

It just goes to show you that all these guys are the same. They all have ego's and want the ball.

When they don't get it, they all get pisssed.

Harrison mopes...TO, CJ, and Moss just talk.

Plus Manning is probably smart enough and good enough to realize when Harrison is getting pissed and quickly placate him, whereas those other guys QB's have neither been as smart or as good.

So in summary, Harrison goes off this week....which is good for me because I need a big game from him.

manning hasn't even looked at Marvin in a few weeks ! against Dallas he threw him one really long pass other than that he had awful stats. Manning is only throwing to Wayne now almost exclusivley. ONly time he looks at Harrision is on those little 7 yard slant over the middle . everything over 10 yards he throw to Wayne or the TE's other than when he really needs a play then he goes to marvin :rolleyes: .

Not certain what happen between them but certainly all is not alright in Marvin / Manning land

manning hasn't even looked at Marvin in a few weeks ! against Dallas he threw him one really long pass other than that he had awful stats. Manning is only throwing to Wayne now almost exclusivley. ONly time he looks at Harrision is on those little 7 yard slant over the middle . everything over 10 yards he throw to Wayne or the TE's other than when he really needs a play then he goes to marvin :cheers: .

Not certain what happen between them but certainly all is not alright in Marvin / Manning land

link :bench: :banana: :banana:

manning hasn't even looked at Marvin in a few weeks ! against Dallas he threw him one really long pass other than that he had awful stats. Manning is only throwing to Wayne now almost exclusivley. ONly time he looks at Harrision is on those little 7 yard slant over the middle . everything over 10 yards he throw to Wayne or the TE's other than when he really needs a play then he goes to marvin ;) .

Last week against the Cowboys he was 6-94 with a 38 yard reception and 10 targets....the same targets as Wayne..The week before the Cowboys game Harrison had 7 targets to Waynes 4......so hasnt looked at him in weeks..WRONG...Throwing to Wayne exclusively...WRONG....only throws 7 yarders.....WRONG

Against the Eagles Manning only threw 20 times...Wayne targeted 5, Harrison 2

The only thing you got right is that something is wrong.....way to go out on a limb....try watching a game or even look at a stat or 2 before you make an idiot out of yourself nextime... :rolleyes:

Bill Polian was on local radio last night stating that Marvin left the field early because he needed to meet with a trainer for stretching. He claims Dungy knew about it, and all is well.

Not sure if there is any truth what Polian said, but thought I would pass it along.

Bill Polian was on local radio last night stating that Marvin left the field early because he needed to meet with a trainer for stretching. He claims Dungy knew about it, and all is well.

Not sure if there is any truth what Polian said, but thought I would pass it along.

HE NEEDS TO STRETCH OUT AND CATCH THE DAMN BALL.......all i need was 2 catches to win and i lose with his one catch performance......... :thumbsdown:

HE NEEDS TO STRETCH OUT AND CATCH THE DAMN BALL.......all i need was 2 catches to win and i lose with his one catch performance......... :thumbsdown:

You couldn't have gotten those points from your other 8-10 starters. Sounds like a team management issue.

I survived his 8 yard effort, but I built a team.

When Addai has a game like he did, the WR's aren't gonna get many chances.

If you listening to the broadcast close, you would have heard they were relentlessly doubling Marvin. Seeing that Peyton is Peyton and can see a double from a mile away and also seeing the Eagles were playing nickel almost all game long, you get Wayne single covered and you get Addai running against 6 in the box.

Marv is pissed off about not getting thrown the ball...because he's getting doubled. You have to ask yourself, throw to a single-covered Wayne or a double-covered Harrison?

News flash: The Colts have one goal this year and thats to win at whatever cost and get to the SuperBowl... They could care less about fantasy stats and who gets the ball.... If Marvin is doubled all game Manning will audible Addai and Rhodes up yur a$$ all game, just like he did Sunday night.... Basically it's pick your poison.. they got an easy win....end of story... I'm sure any Colts fan on here or anyone who knows what Peyton is all about will concur :banana:

You couldn't have gotten those points from your other 8-10 starters. Sounds like a team management issue.

This is a pretty stupid comment. Not knowing what the score was in his game you can't make dumb comments like the one you made. If you're going to comment at least make sense.

If you listening to the broadcast close, you would have heard they were relentlessly doubling Marvin. Seeing that Peyton is Peyton and can see a double from a mile away and also seeing the Eagles were playing nickel almost all game long, you get Wayne single covered and you get Addai running against 6 in the box.

Marv is pissed off about not getting thrown the ball...because he's getting doubled. You have to ask yourself, throw to a single-covered Wayne or a double-covered Harrison?

Great analysis...just what I was looking for. Oh wait. If YOU would have been watching the game or listening to the game you would have known that they were actually doubling both WRs on many plays. Wayne is just a better WR at this point...plain and simple!!!

Great analysis...just what I was looking for. Oh wait. If YOU would have been watching the game or listening to the game you would have known that they were actually doubling both WRs on many plays. Wayne is just a better WR at this point...plain and simple!!!

Now isn't that funny...because I don't remember once where Wayne caught the ball in double coverage...not saying he didn't...just saying I don't remember when he did...guess we were watching two different games. So, while I'm not going to insult your intelligence, I'm going to lay out the facts. The Eagles were playing nickel most of the game. If they were doubling both WRs "most of the time", who was covering Dallas Clark in the slot? And if you say it was a safety, that means the Eagles were going zero coverage A LOT. I highly doubt the Eagles went zero coverage on the Colts on every drive of every series.

I highly doubt you will find a "football person" that would agree with you that Wayne is better than Harrison at this point. What you have to ask yourself is, "If Peyton needs to make a play, who is he going to trust the most?" You know that answer has been, is, and will be Harrison for quite some time. That said, if you were Peyton, who would you go at? Harrison at a team's #1 CB (with a possible double team) or Wayne against the opponents' #2 CB? The day you see Champ Bailey or Rashean Mathis covering Wayne instead of Harrison is the day we'll know Marvin has been overtaken. Right now, it's simply about matchups. The time is coming where Wayne overtakes Marvin, but that time is not now.

Wayne is just a better WR at this point...plain and simple!!!

Settle down there big guy.... you're comparing something with no logic... They're both equal at this stage and they're both equally important in the "big scheme" (not fantasy football) in helping their team win...

I'd still take Marvin Harrison over any Wr in the game... can't blame the guy for getting two targets...the team won the game easily, and he wasn't a part of the game plan besides the fact the the D was doing everything they could do to make sure he didn't beat them.... the Eagles picked there poison and Manning exposed their run D end of story....

This is a pretty stupid comment. Not knowing what the score was in his game you can't make dumb comments like the one you made. If you're going to comment at least make sense.

One guy having an off day, shouldn't wreck your week.

We are talking about the most inconsistent position in FF...A RB is a bit of a different story.

Don't need to know his points or players. He's complaining about one guy, Marvin.

Ease up Know it all....Lost 131 to 129

My team

AlexSmith lost mcnabb to inj

Chester

Caddy

Towens

MHarrison

Dev Henderson

Chicago

Kaeding

lost to

Vick

gore

thomas jones

holt

welker

TJ housh

wilkens

pats def

not a team mgmt issue just lost to a good team.....both of us scored above avg and i needed 2catches for 20 yds from Harrison to win sun nite and ended up with 1-8. He sunk my ship........end of story. :wall:

He sunk my ship........end of story. :wall:

Actually the Eagles, and the intelligent Peyton Manning are the ones who "Sunk your Ship"... but blame Marvin if you like :thumbsup:

Ok, let's look at the whole picture here. Since the Denver game, Wayne has not had a monster week, since the N.E. game, Harrison hasn't done much. It isn't like Wayne is getting 9 179 2 TD's every week. Without Stokley in the slot forcing the safety over towards the middle, teams have chosen to double Marvin & live with Wayne getting his. Hopefully the signing of Proel will take away some of the coverage. I say Marvin (like Chad Johnson a few weeks ago) is in for a huge last 5 games.

Sorry, I have to agree that Wayne is just a more athletic, explosive reciever at this point in his carrer.

I drafted Marvin 2.11, Wayne went 3.1

Waching the games this year Wayne has been more consistent, many more big plays and has been more of a red zone target than Marvin......End of story.

Harrison has 5td's on two 2td games! He's had two good games other than that he has played second fiddle.

Mannings chemistry with Wayne is up and Harrison has lost a little of everything - a good #2 receiver.

Anyone willing to take Harrison over Wayne next season? :blink:

Now isn't that funny...because I don't remember once where Wayne caught the ball in double coverage...not saying he didn't...just saying I don't remember when he did...guess we were watching two different games. So, while I'm not going to insult your intelligence, I'm going to lay out the facts. The Eagles were playing nickel most of the game. If they were doubling both WRs "most of the time", who was covering Dallas Clark in the slot? And if you say it was a safety, that means the Eagles were going zero coverage A LOT. I highly doubt the Eagles went zero coverage on the Colts on every drive of every series.

I highly doubt you will find a "football person" that would agree with you that Wayne is better than Harrison at this point. What you have to ask yourself is, "If Peyton needs to make a play, who is he going to trust the most?" You know that answer has been, is, and will be Harrison for quite some time. That said, if you were Peyton, who would you go at? Harrison at a team's #1 CB (with a possible double team) or Wayne against the opponents' #2 CB? The day you see Champ Bailey or Rashean Mathis covering Wayne instead of Harrison is the day we'll know Marvin has been overtaken. Right now, it's simply about matchups. The time is coming where Wayne overtakes Marvin, but that time is not now.

:blink: great post

These debates are always fun. Who's more athletic? Who's better? Who does Peyton like more? Might as well determine who can spit the farthest too. The only question that needs to be asked and unfortunately can only be answered by each weeks opponent is who are they going to put more emphasis on in coverage. Peyton is too good at reading defenses and too accurate a passer to force throws into coverage when he doesn't have to. Obviously Harrison has slowed down some. He's freakin' 34 years old. Considering he's already lasted longer and accomplished more than most, I hope this isn't a surprise to anyone. As a Manning owner in one of my leauges it is my hope that at least one of the upcoming opponents D coordinators makes the same assumption some on this thread have made in that Harrison has lost his ability. That way Marvin can have another big game and then we can read posts claiming he's got at least four more years left. Apparently Torry Holt and now maybe even Steve Smith are washed up too?

Wayne is better than Harrison.

Well since Harrison gets constant double teams, and Wayne does not, your logic makes perfect sense. :mad: ;)

Well since Harrison gets constant double teams, and Wayne does not, your logic makes perfect sense. ;) :P

That BS Marvin is always double teamed excuse is REALLY used up as well as wrong... :mad:

the issue is that people are arguing different things:

who is the better wr? harrison

who is the better fantasy wr? wayne

harrison is still a better wr than wayne but the difference between the two is not enough any more to make up for harrison consistently facing a #1 cb and potential double teams

trying to decide who will be the better wr next year is a total crap shoot because you don't know how teams will cover them......both will be good 3rd round picks in my opinion but wayne should be slightly more valuable bc he gets targeted more in the red zone. but again, if marvin sees single coverage nex year, he wll put up better numbers than wayne

the only way you can avoid the headache is by taking peyton and avoiding these two wr's, which will be tough if they slip to the 3rd round.

That BS Marvin is always double teamed excuse is REALLY used up as well as wrong... :mad:

Who did Champ Bailey cover in that Denver game?

Marvin's still the better receiver and no receiver is always double teamed, but defenses put more of an emphasis on Marvin and Manning doesn't force balls into coverage that often.

Who did Champ Bailey cover in that Denver game?

He shoulda been on Wayne. :mad: :D :wub:

If you took Marvin out of the game, would Wayne perform up to par? Maybe.

If you took Wayne out of teh game, would Marvin perform up to par? I think he would do better statistically.

Marvin is the guy who makes Wayne the reciever he is. There is no way that Wayne should be single covered, and Marvin always commands the double team. If Marvin wasn't there to shift half the coverage in his direction, Wayne would always be doubled, and would not have the stats he has.

I think Marvin is like all the rest, he just NEVER speaks. I bet behind the scenes he is a real a-hole. The one thing that stood out to me in the post game coverage after the Colts lost at home to the Steelers in the playoffs was....where was Marvin?

Manning, Edge, Wayne, Stokely, and Freeney all faced the tough questions in the press room or locker room, all the cameras shoved in their faces, they faced the crap head on for 10-15 minutes each. Manning once again was put on the spot. Edge and Wayne were FA's so they got grilled twice about the loss and their futures. Harrison was not seen or heard from once.

I just never bought into the pub this guy has gotten, as the ultimate team player and the one WR in today's era who does things the right way.

Earlier in the year i started to notice that pattern of one of them blowing up one week and then the other. I used to joke about it but reading that article, it makes me glad to know i was onto something. Although that means i might have to temper expectations this week for Wayne in my first playoff game.