Sign in to follow this  
Casey71

Holt owners

I'm thinking about it. I have Stallworth and Devery Henderson as options this week, but not sure if I can pull the trigger.

It's tricky. Because...doesn't the way the QB goes...the WR's go? If everyone predicts Bulger to do crap, shouldn't Holt be like crap too?

Any other thoughts from Holt benchers or starters?

It's tricky. Because...doesn't the way the QB goes...the WR's go? If everyone predicts Bulger to do crap, shouldn't Holt be like crap too?

Any other thoughts from Holt benchers or starters?

Not necessarily, If Bulger throws for 160 a 1 TD 3 INTs, basic scoring would give him about 6 points.

Holt could have 110 yards and the TD, scoring 17 to 22 depending on bonus points for 100yrds.

I just changed my line-up and benched him myself. However, I have three things going in my favor - I have already clinched division (and #1 seed, thanks LT!), I have CJ and Driver to fall back on, and I am still a 20 point favorite over my opponent.

I am worried that if Bulger takes a direct hit (a distinct possibility), he may not get back up again.

I'm benching him for Devery Henderson this week. (I would have shot myself had I uttered those words in the draft 14 weeks ago) :(

I'll start him with D.Branch and Driver. Hopefully Colston is healthy and plays "TE" :( for me this week.

I'm currently comtemplating benching Holt for Donte Stallworth. :wall:

If you're looking for some positives for Holt here are a few...

- St. Louis is at home

- Split stats show the Bears don't do AS well defensively on turf (although I wouldn't put much weight into this)

- DT Tommie Harris is likely out for the Bears

- Bears starting CB Nathan Vasher is out

The bad.... Bulger called out his team in last week's lost to Arizona...primarily directed at his O-Line although indirectly. That's not the best thing to do before you face Chicago.

I would have to bench him for Cotchery in the league that matters, so no I am not doing that.

In the other 2 leagues I own him, I got byes :huh: :banana: :banana:

since posting 150-3, he has sucked it up big time. hell, sjackson gets more looks/recs than the wrs---that cant be good.

I just have this image of Bulger getting his ribs crushed with helmet...out for game. Rams WR useless. My instinct has been wrong before though.

I would have to bench him for Cotchery in the league that matters, so no I am not doing that.

In the other 2 leagues I own him, I got byes :banana: :banana: :lol:

:huh:

If I had guys like Stallworth or Driver to insert it would be an easy move. Unfortunately my #2 WR was Hines Ward and my #3 (now #2) is Bernard Berrian followed by Chris Henry. If Ward wasn't hurt I might of briefly considered benching Holt for BB but I can't roll into the first round of the playoffs with BB and Henry as my WR's.

:cry:

I just have this image of Bulger getting his ribs crushed with helmet...out for game. Rams WR useless. My instinct has been wrong before though.

Haha..I think I'll pick up Griese thanks to this mental image.

Edited...

Ooops..i meant Frerotte.

Oakland is overrated..methinks.

I have other options, I think I might go with Housh and DJax this week. It's "safe", I know.

If someone can talk me out of this decision, I'm open to ideas lol

:first:

If I had guys like Stallworth or Driver to insert it would be an easy move. Unfortunately my #2 WR was Hines Ward and my #3 (now #2) is Bernard Berrian followed by Chris Henry. If Ward wasn't hurt I might of briefly considered benching Holt for BB but I can't roll into the first round of the playoffs with BB and Henry as my WR's.

:cry:

Yeah actually in leagues that dont matter I dont have much of a choice either

Bradley or Holmes in one

and

well yeah the other one i have good choices

D Henderson Rhodes etc etc bums bums

As a Rams fan... a Torry Holt fan... and a Torry Holt owner... it pains me to say this, but I probably will not be starting him again this season. Facing excellent defenses/secondaries the next two weeks (plus the Rams traditionally play horrible on grass)... and without him... I doubt I'll make it to Week 16 and face the decision of what to do with him vs the Redskins.

The one good thing is... his value will probably take a dive next season... and he'll be a steal come auction day.

My apologies Mr. Holt. I appreciate that you got me here... but I need to move in a different direction...

I'm a Holt owner, but luckily I got a first round bye :D . In another league with Holt I'm already out of the playoffs :blink:

But I hope nobody will bench Holt. I mean TORRY HOLT?!?! Come on. The Bears haven't been lights-out on #1 WRs either. There's plenty of #1 WRs lacking the elite talent Torry Holt has that have posted respectable numbers against the Bears. Just going down each week here's how #1's have produced against the Bears.

1. Donald Driver 7/96

2. Roy Williams 6/71

3. Travis Taylor 6/82 (not really sure who Minnesota's #1 is)

4. Darrell Jackson 5/62

5. Lee Evans 9/94/1 TD

6. Anquan Boldin 12/136/1 TD

8. Antonio Bryant 5/58/1 TD

9. Chris Chambers 5/58/1 TD

10. Plaxico Burress 4/48

11. Laveranues Coles 8/80

12. Ben Watson 6/87/ 1 TD ( I know not a WR, but I consider him NE's best pass-catching option)

13. I won't include the Minnesota game last week. A complete offensive clusterfock for both sides.

If you look right there the only receivers held below 70 yards without a score were Darrell Jackson and Plaxico Burress. Sure temper your expectations for Holt a little, but he's too valuable to bench.

I'm a Holt owner, but luckily I got a first round bye :D . In another league with Holt I'm already out of the playoffs <_<

But I hope nobody will bench Holt. I mean TORRY HOLT?!?! Come on. The Bears haven't been lights-out on #1 WRs either. There's plenty of #1 WRs lacking the elite talent Torry Holt has that have posted respectable numbers against the Bears. Just going down each week here's how #1's have produced against the Bears.

1. Donald Driver 7/96

2. Roy Williams 6/71

3. Travis Taylor 6/82 (not really sure who Minnesota's #1 is)

4. Darrell Jackson 5/62

5. Lee Evans 9/94/1 TD

6. Anquan Boldin 12/136/1 TD

8. Antonio Bryant 5/58/1 TD

9. Chris Chambers 5/58/1 TD

10. Plaxico Burress 4/48

11. Laveranues Coles 8/80

12. Ben Watson 6/87/ 1 TD ( I know not a WR, but I consider him NE's best pass-catching option)

13. I won't include the Minnesota game last week. A complete offensive clusterfock for both sides.

If you look right there the only receivers held below 70 yards without a score were Darrell Jackson and Plaxico Burress. Sure temper your expectations for Holt a little, but he's too valuable to bench.

thanks for the stats.....lee evans nine for ninety four and a touch.....if you bench tholt your a focking idiot along with the baaastard that started this post and the stupid responses....

start tory.....win or lose idiots :lol:

i'm starting holt, never bench your studs...i'm also starting bulger over t. green vs baltimore :doublethumbsup: