Sign in to follow this  
king41

Palmer @ INdy?

Hesitant to start Palmer this week on Monday night against Indy...I have a feeling that Rudi will have about 200 and 2 TD's and limit Palmer's production....

My other option is Hasslebeck vs. SF---

Any Thoughts?

As a Rudi owner, I'm very excited about his matchup with Indy, but that said, you can't predict 200 yards just based on what happened last week. I think about 120 and 2 is more likely. Also, although I'm sure Cinci will try to run the ball down Indy's throat, I still think that Carson, CJ and Housh will put up some numbers, they won't completely go away from the pass...I'd give Carson 250 and a couple scores...

I think that because Indy got torched sooooo bad last week that they are going to focus on the run and nothing but the run all week in practice.

Hence opening the door for Palmer to have a big game in a shoot out with Manning. :cheers:

I think that because Indy got torched sooooo bad last week that they are going to focus on the run and nothing but the run all week in practice.

Hence opening the door for Palmer to have a big game in a shoot out with Manning. :thumbsup:

I have Rudi and sadly I think this is what will happen :cry:

I don't see how you could possibly even consider sitting Palmer with the potential of this game. You need to be playing all of your Bengals and Colts based on what "could" happen alone.

I have Rudi and sadly I think this is what will happen :pointstosky:

As a Rudi, Housh, and Henry owner, I am starting all three, and here's why:

1. Last week's runfest by JAX was no aberration...the Colts run D has been suspect all year, and at this point in the season, what is Dungy really going to do to fix it, except tell his D that its their ass on the line against Cincy. Do you honestly think Dungy spends yesterday and today on tackling techniques? No, all he can do is yell and pray.

2. Its MNF, and the stage is set for Cincy to be this year's Steelers in terms of momentum and charge into the playoffs. I think Cincy goes for the jugular right off the bat, and doesnt let up at all.

3. Its Indy, so of course there is a chance Manning could throw 4 TDs and it turns into who can score the most...which helps all of the Bengals FF-wise.

and most importantly...

4. Its the playoffs for me. I think you either put your sack out on the table or you dont. Housh at this point to me is always a consistent FF scorer. Chris Henry will either have 1 catch and no TDs or 6 catches and 2 TDs. Rudi will either have a monster game or get like 15 carries. I think for me you just have to go for it and take the chance.

I agree.

What more can you hope for than a shootout on Monday night with two of the more explosive offenses?

I thought breifly about playing Brady against Hou instead of Palmer. But then I came to my senses.

Since I'm a Cowboy fan and have been guessing wrong each week on who to start between Romo and Palmer I think I will go back to Carson this week just so Romo can go back to throwing 5 Td's and hopefully they will win. :pointstosky:

This game will be a major shoot out. Benching Palmer would be crazy. I'm leaving Brees on my Bench in order to play Palmer against the Colts. And yes, after last week's thoroughly humiliating embarassment, the Colts will be working hard to tackle the Bengals RBs. Palmer and Manning will each have close to 400 passing yds with a few TDs a piece.

This game will be a major shoot out. Benching Palmer would be crazy. I'm leaving Brees on my Bench in order to play Palmer against the Colts. And yes, after last week's thoroughly humiliating embarassment, the Colts will be working hard to tackle the Bengals RBs. Palmer and Manning will each have close to 400 passing yds with a few TDs a piece.

First week of my playoffs and I am starting Palmer and he is startin Manning.

:doublethumbsup:

To the above starting Chris Henry....

I'm in the same shoes as you and normall I would start him against Cincy....but my enemy has Palmer going so anything C. henry gets will have come from palmer...

I totally agree with the prognosis on C. Henry....either 1 catch for 5 yrds or he grabs a TD....it's tough to run with one of those players in the playoffs....

I survived the mistake of benching Palmer from Romo last week. It will not happen again. Rolling with Palmer, TJ AND Henry Monday night and going to sit back and enjoy the fireworks!!

I wouldn't have any problems starting every player on either offense if I was alreayd starting them. I'd bump up Rudi a notch but have no reason to expect less than normal production from anyone else. Not saying it wil happen, but the chances / match-up is as good as any.

In my 2nd round playoff game I am going against Manning and I have Wayne. I have a feeling that my game comes down to MNF and I hope Manning throws to Wayne all night long.

I have Brees going as my QB so as long as they cancel each other out, I am happy!

First week of my playoffs and I am starting Palmer and he is startin Manning.

:banana:

I have Palmer and Chad and THANK GOD the owner of Manning and Harrison got bounced last week in the first round of the playoffs.... otherwise I would have been facing that duo this week... although it would have been entertaining, I'd rather not go up against that potential nightmare :doh:

...and just to add a few facts to the mix if you're not already convinced. The Indy secondary is completely decimated. Doss is out for the year, and the two guys who harrassed Brady so much during the NE game, Bethea and Sanders... are still questionable and at the very least will play hurt.

Cinci may find their best success through the air. :thumbsup:

...and just to add a few facts to the mix if you're not already convinced. The Indy secondary is completely decimated. Doss is out for the year, and the two guys who harrassed Brady so much during the NE game, Bethea and Sanders... are still questionable and at the very least will play hurt.

Cinci may find their best success through the air. :thumbsup:

Anyone that doesn't start Palmer is asking for a playoff loss. Simple fact, Bengals defense can't stop anyone. Palmer will do his share of throwing to keep up.