Sign in to follow this  
BadMojo11

Worst QB You Ever Saw In FF Superbowl

The worst was five years ago (I think) when the Chiefs and Raiders played and it was an absolute monsoon. Gannon had a great year, but had about 70 yards and nothing else. I won the Title by a few points. Had it been nice weather......Gannon surely would have beat me.

A guy in my league a few years ago won the first 2 rounds of the playoffs before losing in the Superbowl with NO quarterback. I don't remember who he started with, but all of his qbs went down/were benched. Luckily, he had Jamal Lewis and Clinton Portis. This was the year Lewis broke the record and the 2 of them absolutely dominated the rest of the league.

Worst part was, he wasn't able to make the draft so I drafted his team for him, only to watch them steam roll through most of the year as my team hovered around .500

Billy Volek baby! The combo of him and Drew Bennett took me to the title in 2004 :lol:

Volek took me to the championship game in 2004, but his awful performance against Denver on Christmas day lost me the FF superbowl B)

Got you all beat.

2001 Super Bowl, 2-QB league:

QB1: Kordell Stewart

QB2: Chris Weinke

Where's my cookie?

I faced a team that had Kerry Collins last year. He had SA and Lamont Jordan, which basically carried him straight to the SB. I won, though.

He's not the worst ever, but I heard Ben Roethlesberger had the LOWEST QB RATING in the history of the SuperBowl for a winning QB.

The worst was five years ago (I think) when the Chiefs and Raiders played and it was an absolute monsoon. Gannon had a great year, but had about 70 yards and nothing else. I won the Title by a few points. Had it been nice weather......Gannon surely would have beat me.

Yup. I had Gannon and got destroyed that day. Truth be told, he coulda passed for 500 yards and I still would have lost.

I guarantee my buddy easily has the record on this.

He drafted Jeff George the year he was cut in week 3. He never dropped him and accidentally emailed his lineup in (before we were online) as George as his starter. The commish held him to his email even though it was obviously a mistake. He left someone (can't remember who) on the bench that would have won it for him all on a brain fart.

Volek took me to the championship game in 2004, but his awful performance against Denver on Christmas day lost me the FF superbowl :banana:

same here, Volek was awesome in 2004, had some HUGE games for me only to piss it away the last week

same here, Volek was awesome in 2004, had some HUGE games for me only to piss it away the last week

agreed..

but thats about to be topped this year by grossman...

I used Kordell Stewart about 5 years ago. The year he was actually decent.

10 + year IDP DYNASTY LEAGUE (in 1998) I picked this dirt bag up and started him in my fantasy Bowl... can't rem who they played but he didn't get a single fantasy point and cost me the damn fantasy Bowl because I officially lost by 1 focking point... I LOST BY 1 FOCKING POINT AND KORDELL DROPPED A GOOSE EGG IN THE BOWL... :wall: :wall:

As for the worst guy in line-up that won a Bowl it would have to be last years winner who went with David Garrard.....crazy ironic that in all this time of FF in this long standing league with 10 + years of history/own website, stats, etc.... and he was the first black Qb to lead a team to the Bowl :pointstosky:

This topic made me dig into my archive and I was wrong Garrard wasn't the worst it was Trent Dilfer in 2000... Kid Rode Eddie George in the Bowl that year he torched my Browns in the Snow week 16 I remembered after I looked at it.... I love Dynasty Leagues !!!!!

I won w/David Carr a few yrs ago, when LJ took over for Priest midseason and put up his monster numbers. I had LJ who single-handedly won the title for me...Carr just came along for the ride

I won w/David Carr a few yrs ago, when LJ took over for Priest midseason and put up his monster numbers. I had LJ who single-handedly won the title for me...Carr just came along for the ride

:pointstosky:

Trent Green, 2003 against the Vikings. 224 yards, 0 TDs, 2 INTs. Only scored 1 point but his owner won anyway, 83-55, in our league's lowest-scoring championship game ever.

This topic made me dig into my archive and I was wrong Garrard wasn't the worst it was Trent Dilfer in 2000... Kid Rode Eddie George in the Bowl that year he torched my Browns in the Snow week 16 I remembered after I looked at it.... I love Dynasty Leagues !!!!!

Oh Yeah, I remember that. Man, Dilfer was God Awful!! You got me beat. :banana:

this year in the final four....the #1 seed has Kitna and Mcnair....#2 seed has Harrington and Garcia and Grossman....#3 seed had Peyton and Young....#4 me Palmer and Favre....50 50 split if you ask me...we only start 1 Qb

A guy in my league a few years ago won the first 2 rounds of the playoffs before losing in the Superbowl with NO quarterback.

10-12 years ago, I played in a neighborhood league in Apple Valley, MN. We had a weekly meeting at somebody's house for waiver wire picks and the commish produced the best weekly stat sheet ever, all by hand. At the end of every season the commish would hand everybody a binder that had league and individual team stats, historical league data and a football card for every player that'd been on your roster that year! This was hands-down the best league I've ever been in due to the participation levels, smack talk, etc. The only negative to this great league was a rule that transactions ended with the end of the fantasy regular season. A friend of mine had both his QB's go down that final week and won two playoff games with NO QB, losing by 2 points in the Fantasybowl. Great league with one bad rule...

i won with brad johnson two years ago in one league. a few years back (2001?) i actually won a championship with NO qb: the rosters were locked in week 13 and both my qbs (forget who now) went down with injuries, one in week 14 (a win) and another in week 15 (another win) leaving me with a blank spot and a big, fat zero at the qb spot for the championship game.

i had, if i remember right, david boston, shaun alexander, a couple other studs who went off and i creamed the guy.

go figure.

i won with alex van pelt on buffalo as my starting QB maybe 4 or 5 years ago. I had QBBC and he was best option week 16. i had sick RBs, WRs, and DTs...

10-12 years ago, I played in a neighborhood league in Apple Valley, MN. We had a weekly meeting at somebody's house for waiver wire picks and the commish produced the best weekly stat sheet ever, all by hand. At the end of every season the commish would hand everybody a binder that had league and individual team stats, historical league data and a football card for every player that'd been on your roster that year! This was hands-down the best league I've ever been in due to the participation levels, smack talk, etc.

I still do it, same way same everything you just stated.... I started my league way back in High School same way and I'm still doing it to this date... except 3 years ago I started my own website and I had to backlog all of the old data to get it up to date....which took me a piss load of time but it was worth it for what history is there,,,, my whole clan won't let me change the way I run it.... have had 10 owners stay the same and the latter two were expansion teams 6 years ago and they're the same.... As soon as the Monday Night game is over half of them call me to ask me what day the weeky will be coming out, like crows circling a dead animal.... Oh well it's time consuming sometimes, but it comes so damn natural now its not that big a deal.. someone thats not in my league will look at my weekly report and be like dude what is this your full time job jesus.... but I get the $hit done in like 5 or 6 hours... it's just my Tuesday nights ..... no big deal... I love it :doublethumbsup:

Fantasy bowl maybe 4 years ago. I had Armani Toomer go off. He had 3 TD's that day. The guy I was playing for the championship just happened to be my brother. I won by 1.5 points that year. He had Brian Griese starting for him.....he was on the Broncos. Griese gave him -2. I won by .5 points. The ###### he heard through the years is priceless. He could have started Griese's father and still won. He could of started John Elway and still have won. Hell, he could of started Johnny Unitas and still have won. Man, it was great. :thumbsup:

Fantasy bowl maybe 4 years ago. I had Armani Toomer go off. He had 3 TD's that day. The guy I was playing for the championship just happened to be my brother. I won by 1.5 points that year. He had Brian Griese starting for him.....he was on the Broncos. Griese gave him -2. I won by .5 points. The ###### he heard through the years is priceless. He could have started Griese's father and still won. He could of started John Elway and still have won. Hell, he could of started Johnny Unitas and still have won. Man, it was great. :wall:

A popular poster here, DrJ, started Ryan Leaf of the Chargers in 2000. Here's the link to his lineup: http://xdl.dyndns.org:8080/XDL/2000/0016_Starters.htm

Jeff Blake in 2002

It was in a huge 16 team league and i had unfortunately drafted kurt warner in the first round that year and he was hurt off and on that season and blake was coming on for the ravens and i grabbed him and rode him to a superbowl win. fred taylor had a nice year for me that season too as my #1 RB and Rod Gardner was a huge sleeper pick that worked out for me. love those 16 teamers...this was easily my best and favorite year in fantasy football.

Last year I believe I started Josh McCown in the final game and actually won. I had McNabb and used matchups from the junk pile the rest of the season after he went down.

I think it was about 5 years ago, had to pick up C Weinke(his rookie year 1-15) and start him in the Super Bowl. Thank god he wasn`t the difference. Lost about 150-65. OUCH :pointstosky: