Sign in to follow this  
dcgangstas

Okay, Who's starting Ron Dayne in the Super Bowl?

Seventeen week league, but I might start him in the semis. I've rotated Ahman, Cory Dillon and Tatum Bell all year opposite FWP. Worked so far, but Ahman plays Minny this week. Thinking of Dayne, but a little frightened.

I'm wafflin over starting Dayne over SA this week. Dayne doesn't make me nervous, Kubiak makes me nervous. How many times this season has Gary annointed someone the #1 RB only to put them on the shelf the next week. If Dayne's first 3-4 carries are decent, he has a shot at a big day, otherwise Kubiaks yanking him for someone else, he has 0 patience with RB's.

Round 2 of the championship (2 weeks combined)- $600 on the line.

I'm leaning with Dayne over Dunn & Bush.

I have a 28 point lead- which is significant. If it were closer, the decision would be tougher- but none of these options are great.

Incidentally, my QB last week was Cutler- this week Rattay? Tough decisions this week.

I've currently got him starting next to S-Jax in my league's SB (vs the team loaded at RB w/ LT, FWP and Gore). Addai, C Houston and Fargas are my other options. I like Addai's talent the best, but his splitting carries w/ Rhodes and ankle sprain have me worried about consistent production.

Since taking over the primary role in Hou, Dayne has averaged just over 100 total yds and 21 touches each of the past 3 games, including three total TDs. Against Indy's poor rush D I am hoping for good things. And Kubiak at least has known and worked with Dayne for longer than his other backs - having worked w/ him in Denver the past couple of yrs.

I feel confident that he'll get the touches again - just not sure whether Hou gets so far behind Indy early that they abandon the run altogether.

I've currently got him starting next to S-Jax in my league's SB (vs the team loaded at RB w/ LT, FWP and Gore). Addai, C Houston and Fargas are my other options. I like Addai's talent the best, but his splitting carries w/ Rhodes and ankle sprain have me worried about consistent production.

Since taking over the primary role in Hou, Dayne has averaged just over 100 total yds and 21 touches each of the past 3 games, including three total TDs. Against Indy's poor rush D I am hoping for good things. And Kubiak at least has known and worked with Dayne for longer than his other backs - having worked w/ him in Denver the past couple of yrs.

I feel confident that he'll get the touches again - just not sure whether Hou gets so far behind Indy early that they abandon the run altogether.

Houston fell behind early to NE and Dayne still got 98 yds and a Touch.

I also like the fact that Indy won an emotional game on Monday Night and now have to travel on a short week to Houston. Sounds like a trap game to me.

I'm starting him my 14 teamer redraft, aka my "Miracle Team".

How else do you explain a semi-finals winner that included Vince Young, Derrick Mason, D.J. Hackett and Ron Dayne?

Keep in mind it's a crazy azz 11 starter lineup format (QB/WR/WR/WR/RB/RB/TE/WT/WR/K/DT).

The semi-respectable starters are Driver, Harrison, SJax, T Jones, Crumpler, with a bench of Bryant, Cutler, Jacobs, Jurevivius, Matt Jones, and Welker.

Still, hard to believe that crap went 11-3 for the #2 seed.

Leaning towards it... With R. Brown questionable and Dillon going up against Jax, I might roll the dice with Dayne! :D :(

I'm wafflin over starting Dayne over SA this week. Dayne doesn't make me nervous, Kubiak makes me nervous. How many times this season has Gary annointed someone the #1 RB only to put them on the shelf the next week. If Dayne's first 3-4 carries are decent, he has a shot at a big day, otherwise Kubiaks yanking him for someone else, he has 0 patience with RB's.

Good point - we are talking about Son of Shanahan here.

Have Gore as my RB1

Have to decide between Dayne and J. Lewis. Leaning towards Dayne because I think Pittsburgh is going to trounce the Ravens on Sunday. Do not really have a bead on the Indy/Houston game though. You would think letdown by Indy would be in the works, but Houston got crushed by NE on Sunday....

Have Gore as my RB1

Have to decide between Dayne and J. Lewis. Leaning towards Dayne because I think Pittsburgh is going to trounce the Ravens on Sunday. Do not really have a bead on the Indy/Houston game though. You would think letdown by Indy would be in the works, but Houston got crushed by NE on Sunday....

Gotta go with Dayne.