Sign in to follow this  
larrymcirish

what do i do until next year?

4th year playing. finally serious this season. i've ignored ff until draft gets close but want to keep on top of what's happening this year. in addition to this board, does anyone have any suggestions on good offseason sources?

thanks.

Get more work done. If that doesn't sound appealing, Casey71's suggestion is a good one.

you should seriously get into an IDP Dynasty league.... season never dies except for that $hitty a$$ February.... always something going on with the owners meetings, NFL draft, free agency period, etc...

Off season goes by a lot quicker :mad:

24 is back in 2 weeks

Jack Bauer no doubt helps :pointstosky:

Good suggestions . 24 is back and will keep me busy. Lost is returning Feb and American Idol starts the Marathon of terrible singers in a few weeks . Also Madden 2007 is a great way to keep the football thoughts alive after the playoffs . Also put a ton of cash down on the Superbowl Props bets. I have gotten the coin toss wrong 5 straight years and I keep doubling up.

When do the Magazines come out , I cant wait.

I slowly fall into a vegatative state and get weekly updates concerning trades and free agent moves. Then once training camp rolls around my body begins to resume activity, burning carbs and what not. Then I resume my run at yet another league title.

Or I watch hockey and baseball and play a LOT of slowpitch softball.

Play some Madden 07.

:banana:

I agree about playing Madden 07 works for me.

This Off Season I am going to Try some fantasy baseball, for the first time, Any Suggestions?

Also I like to keep close tabs on the off season moves.

:lol:

This kid came spinning through the house the other day terrorizing everything in site. Then I find a little girl sitting in a corner making play money. Then a woman comes out and talks to me like she knows me.......come to find out it's my wife!

Same thing for me. I get reaquainted with the strangers in my house for about seven months then get back into general manager/coaching mode and hide from the family.

Actually, I play catch up on everything I should have gotten done the past seventeen weeks. My kids are in everything imaginable so I stay plenty busy. I love fantasy football, but when I see my daughter do five backhand springs and fly into a twisting backtuck.........what can be better?! Besides I don't curse and throw things when my kids don't put up mad stats!!

4th year playing. finally serious this season. i've ignored ff until draft gets close but want to keep on top of what's happening this year. in addition to this board, does anyone have any suggestions on good offseason sources?

thanks.

Depends on just how obsessive you're willing to become, or how much time you're willing to spend with little return on.

I've managed to talk a few of the owners in some of the leagues I'm in to participating in a NFL draft contest with financial interest. This helps a little from Feb - April. May and June are good for doing the comparison and investigative stuff to attempt to find any results, likelihoods or trends that might help me in preparing for the upcoming fantasy draft. July and August are mandatory for message board stuff to see what others are thinking and hopefully learn something/ anything that might help out. Then it's time for football!

Play/Start a league with an early draft....I know lots of people who have their inaugural dynasty drafts the weekend after the NFL draft. Make it a slow draft over email or something, that way it wil last a month and you can kill time picking your 20+ roster of dynasty players. For more fun, make it IDP.