Sign in to follow this  
omarkal

If owned Holt, Chad Johnson, Fitz, R Wayne, M Harrison

I am not ranking them, just listing them.

Colston (he being a wr, not a TE)

Housh

Burress

D Jackson

T Glenn

D Stallworth

How many have suffered losses during the regular season when the stars dont perform on consistant basis. Chad Johnson, M Harrison, T Holt, R wayne all have many dud games and they explode in one game and u do end up winning that week. I would rather have a wr corp that is consistant on regular basis then the studs. U cant say the same about RB's or QB's but with WR's my strategy will be different. Another exmaple, is Stallworth, who i picked i the 5 round, and untill he got hurt he was top 5 wr with Donnie Mac at qb. My other wr T Glenn also produced pretty good numbers on a regular basis.

Any thoughts?

When did Colston switch to wide receiver?

I think Yahoo Sports are the only one listed him as TE. which too will change next year according to thier fantasy guru's

Colston has played the WR postion all year. Those able to use him as a TE during the regular season were fortunate.

When did Reggie Wayne not produce? Since mid-season, he's only had one game that I am aware of (I owned him too) where he didn't perform. He's been a stud most of the year.

I don't think you can classify Reggie Wayne or Torry Holt as having to many "dud" games this season. Torry had a couple injuries this season and they were well known prior to his games, at least they were here in the St. Louis media. During those 2 weeks, he should not have been in anyone's lineup.

i duno about u...but marvin avg me 18 points from weeks 13-16....for the one person who started the post and listed marvin...he clinched me the playoffs, and then posted tremendous numbers and brought it home for me...along with sjax and dayne ahah

Housh

Burress

D Jackson

T Glenn

D Stallworth

How many have suffered losses during the regular season when the stars dont perform on consistant basis. Chad Johnson, M Harrison, T Holt, R wayne all have many dud games and they explode in one game and u do end up winning that week. I would rather have a wr corp that is consistant on regular basis then the studs. U cant say the same about RB's or QB's but with WR's my strategy will be different. Another exmaple, is Stallworth, who i picked i the 5 round, and untill he got hurt he was top 5 wr with Donnie Mac at qb. My other wr T Glenn also produced pretty good numbers on a regular basis.

Any thoughts?

I was a victim to the off games from "stud" WRs also. This was my first year in a new league that had a rule where you only had to play 1 RB and 1 WR then 2 flex players (RB or WR) So, I thought I would draft best available player rather than being the runningback hoard that I usually am during drafts. Well, I found out the hard way that RBs still outscore WRs consistantly and you aren't going to win playing 1 RB and 3 WRs. Even though I had Harrison, Holt, and Driver, I still missed the playoffs in that league because people like Fred Taylor or Marion Barber or Jamal Lewis etc. were outscoring my "stud" WRs. I will definately go back to my draft runningbacks early and often strategy. There are alwayss WRs to pick up later in the draft or on the waiver wire. In my other 2 leagues, I was able to get Colston off waivers to play at WR and won the championship in one of them and am playing in the championship game this weekend in the other. I know this is a little different than what you were talking about, but it helps prove your point that WRs are too inconsistant to waste too many early draft picks on them.

I think Yahoo Sports are the only one listed him as TE. which too will change next year according to thier fantasy guru's

Yahoo and Guru mentioned in the same breath. LOL! That is too funny! There are no guru's at Yahoo.

Colston has played the WR postion all year. Those able to use him as a TE during the regular season were fortunate.

When did Reggie Wayne not produce? Since mid-season, he's only had one game that I am aware of (I owned him too) where he didn't perform. He's been a stud most of the year.

I don't think you can classify Reggie Wayne or Torry Holt as having to many "dud" games this season. Torry had a couple injuries this season and they were well known prior to his games, at least they were here in the St. Louis media. During those 2 weeks, he should not have been in anyone's lineup.

Ah, please check Holts stats for week 8,9,10, 11, 12, 15 and 16. I think most kickers have better numbers then him during that time.

Housh

Burress

D Jackson

T Glenn

D Stallworth

Any thoughts?

I think I'm misunderstanding your post. I think you're saying (my interpretation) if you had any of the following: Harrison, Wayne, Chad, Fitz or Holt you would "give them up" for any of the following: Colston, Housh, Burress, D Jax, Glenn and Stallworth. Do you mean like a trade? Are you simply comparing where these two groups of players were drafted? Or are you saying that next year you'll look pass up on drafting a receiver in the second round because many of the players drafted that early didn't perform up to expectations? By the way, you missed Chambers and Anquan Boldin on the first list and Driver, Evans and Coles from the second.

I'm wondering because when you break it down and look at poor games and games missed, most of the players you listed from the second group basically put up very similar stats in terms of weekly consistency in scoring to the players from the first group. Are you saying you'd trade Harrison for Glenn? Or Wayne for Stallworth? I don't think Glenn or Stallworth belongs on the second list with Housh, Colston or Jackson and Burress makes it barely maybe. Stallworth may have been among the top five WR's at the time of his injury... in week four after having a bye in week three. Top five after two games isn't a lot to hang ones hat on. This is whats confusing about your post. Jackson and Burress were pretty much a round after most of the first list guys and all in all, neither one of them was that dramatic a difference from the players on the first list. Glenn and Stallworth are not even relatively close statistically to the first list of names so I don't see where there would be a difference maker or comparison between the two of them and the players on the first list. Colston is a deal all his own as he pretty much came out of nowhere to and wasn't even drafted in the majority of leagues. So that pretty much leaves Housh as the worthy player who out produced his draft position by a good deal and makes sense to me if this in fact some kind of comparison.

When did Colston switch to wide receiver?

haha. trying to be all sarcastic and clever. WHOOPS!

He is a WR! :banana:

Housh

Burress

D Jackson

T Glenn

D Stallworth

Any thoughts?

Colston has missed 2 games and had 6 games without a TD.

Jackson has missed 2 games and 4 games without a TD (not to mention he's been injured during the most important time of year)

Stallworth has missed 4 games and 6 games without a TD

Glenn has had 10 games without a TD

Housh has missed 2 games and 5 games without a TD

Burress is the only one you listed that I could say I would group with the elite, and even that is a bit of a stretch. Colston has to show me more than 1 year of production for me to even inlcude him in the top 20, how quickly we forget how many of us were burned by Michael Clayton. Jackson has proven to be injury prone by missing 2 games this year and half the season in 2005. Stallworth again is injury prone. Glenn is getting up there in years and was the favorite target of Bledsoe, not Romo. Housh is a young receiver who I can see being in the top 10, but his production will always be limited due to the presence of Chad Johnson, very similar situation as Harrison/Wayne have.

ALL receivers are going to give you hit and miss performances and I don't believe drafting guys like Jackson, Colston, Stallworth, Glenn & House over them is a smart move. Bottom line is if you're counting on your WR's to win you games week in and week out then you may be in trouble.

Mr wayne cost me the championship in week 16 with his outstanding 2pts

I dont get it.....ALL players have off weeks.....why does everyone complain?......thats why there IS luck involved.....ya know? :o

Ah, please check Holts stats for week 8,9,10, 11, 12, 15 and 16. I think most kickers have better numbers then him during that time.

Yea Holt sucked the 2nd half of the year.....but thats not like him.

its gonna happen, you cant predict it, so stop trying.

TJ is one of the most underrated fantasy properties of the past two years. He doesn't put up those monster weeks that guys like Holt, Harrison, and CJ can give you, but he's incredibly consistent from week to week and is about as good of a WR2 as you can find. However, since CJ grabs the headlines, he'll again be a 5th - 6th rounder next year whom I will happily target.