Sign in to follow this  
hoffdaddy

Wisconsin is a fraud

Fraud like a fox :clap:

2nd youngest team in the big 10 starting many freshman and sophomores

only getting better and better :pointstosky:

:pointstosky:

Top 5 or so in football. Currently top 4 in hoops. Defending champs in mens and women's hockey. What a year for the Badgers! :clap:

I watched every Arkansas game vs a decent opponent this year. The Wisconsin LB's are the fastest they played against.

Arkansas should have beaten Wisconsin, that they did not is a shameful representation of their team. Wisconsin is not that good, but had a lot of luck today.

Arkansas should have beaten Wisconsin, that they did not is a shameful representation of their team. Wisconsin is not that good, but had a lot of luck today.

Just another North over the South A$$ kickin' :pointstosky:

Just another North over the South A$$ kickin' :pointstosky:

Are you referring to VaTech and Georgia :huh: I guess not ;) :mad:

Wisconsin is not that good, but had a lot of luck today.

Yeah they really suck only losing 1 game this year.

Another example of an dumb a$$, just posting out his a$$

Wisconsin has a top-notch football and basketball team. Top five in both sports. A fantastic season this year for the Badgers.

That being said, there really isn't the need for such chest thumping on this. Arkansas outgained Wisconsin 368-201 and while Wisconsin did win the game, they certainly didn't dominate it by any stretch of the imagination.

Kudos to Wisconsin, but let's not get carried away......

Yeah they really suck only losing 1 game this year.

Another example of an dumb a$$, just posting out his a$$

not having to play ohio state helped with the 1-loss thing. but yes they had a good year and have a good outlook next year.

unfortunately, though, they play in the big-10 and it's going to be tough sledding next year.

Wisconsin has a top-notch football and basketball team. Top five in both sports. A fantastic season this year for the Badgers.

That being said, there really isn't the need for such chest thumping on this. Arkansas outgained Wisconsin 368-201 and while Wisconsin did win the game, they certainly didn't dominate it by any stretch of the imagination.

Kudos to Wisconsin, but let's not get carried away......

link to anywhere anybody said they dominated today...

I can give a rats ass about yardage...McFadden had one long run early and then was quiet the rest of the way...

arkansas had 2 long runs on reverses and one long run on a draw against the pass prevent with no time left in the first half.

Looks nice on the stats, but when Arkansas tried to run non-trickery offense (most of the game) they were completely shut down by UW's defense and that's why they lost.

Badgers could have put more points on the board at the end, but they chose to lose 15 yards on purpose. Of course that further hurt them in the yardage game, but you don't get an Capitol One Bowl Trophy for yardage.

Congrats to the razorbacks on their yardage. Truth be told, if the badgers don't foolishly turn the ball over 3 times down in arkansas territory and eat the ball at the 10 yard line at the end of the game, the final score could have been worse.

Regardless, this is a very young team with a first-year coach that will only get better.

and the badgers didnt play their best either....

less than 20 yards from their top rb and they still won...

arkansas was never a threat...reason the badgers are a top 5 team...

if there was a tourney..they would be in the final 4 easily...now im done watching college football til next season...

not having to play ohio state helped with the 1-loss thing. but yes they had a good year and have a good outlook next year.

unfortunately, though, they play in the big-10 and it's going to be tough sledding next year.

And this is different from any other year in what way? Not sure what your point is?

and the badgers didnt play their best either....

less than 20 yards from their top rb and they still won...

arkansas was never a threat...reason the badgers are a top 5 team...

if there was a tourney..they would be in the final 4 easily...now im done watching college football til next season...

:cheers: Totally agree. Actually, I thought is was one of their poorer efforts of the year. The O line in particular did not have a very good day. I will give some credit to Ark for that but it was still not a good day on their part.

arkansas was never a threat...

The final score was 17-14. How can that possibly equate to never being a threat. Arkansas had the ball in the fourth quarter with a chance to achieve the go-ahead score, correct?

link to anywhere anybody said they dominated today...

I can give a rats ass about yardage...McFadden had one long run early and then was quiet the rest of the way...

arkansas had 2 long runs on reverses and one long run on a draw against the pass prevent with no time left in the first half.

Looks nice on the stats, but when Arkansas tried to run non-trickery offense (most of the game) they were completely shut down by UW's defense and that's why they lost.

Badgers could have put more points on the board at the end, but they chose to lose 15 yards on purpose. Of course that further hurt them in the yardage game, but you don't get an Capitol One Bowl Trophy for yardage.

Congrats to the razorbacks on their yardage. Truth be told, if the badgers don't foolishly turn the ball over 3 times down in arkansas territory and eat the ball at the 10 yard line at the end of the game, the final score could have been worse.

Regardless, this is a very young team with a first-year coach that will only get better.

There are two threads about this and hoff's initial post and the title of the post is chest thumping.

Label it however you wish. When you get outgained almost two to one and the all-star running back for the other team isn't 100%, you take your win and rejoice. But, you don't thump your chest like you just ran somebody over.

I'm not an Arkansas fan. I just thought the game was very even and could have gone either way.

There are two threads about this and hoff's initial post and the title of the post is chest thumping.

Label it however you wish. When you get outgained almost two to one and the all-star running back for the other team isn't 100%, you take your win and rejoice. But, you don't thump your chest like you just ran somebody over.

I'm not an Arkansas fan. I just thought the game was very even and could have gone either way.

Hoff's first post was tame and making fun of the many people and pundits who predicted doom for the Badgers (much the same story when the Badgers stomped Auburn last year -- sec is too fast for the badgers, etc. ).

Nobody said dominated; nobody said Arkansas wasn't a great team. :dunno:

We had a good football weekend (stomping the Bears, too); and we're all still a little bit drunk from New Years.....

just let us have our day.. :thumbsup:

Congrats, Wisconsiners. Maybe next year, your school should put Ohio State and one or more decent non-conference opponents on their schedule, and they might not have to rely on the benefit of the doubt.

Congrats, Wisconsiners. Maybe next year, your school should put Ohio State and one or more decent non-conference opponents on their schedule, and they might not have to rely on the benefit of the doubt.

osu is usually on our schedule. That's more of the big 10's fault than UW's.

Agree with you on non-conference, though.

osu is usually on our schedule. That's more of the big 10's fault than UW's.

Agree with you on non-conference, though.

Has NOTHING to do with WI. Big Ten makes the conference sched, not WI. And, for those who forgot, WI was supposed to play MD non conference. They backed out for more $ vs some nobody at home and WI had to scramble to get Buffalo. Good for MD. If they got their azz's handed to them by WI, they may not have gotten a bowel.

Has NOTHING to do with WI. Big Ten makes the conference sched, not WI.

Too bad for them. Just as Wisconsin can only play the conference schedule that is given to them, the pollsters and fans can only evaluate them based on the meaningful games that they played. There simply wasn't much to go on, maybe 2-3 meaningful games in the regular season. Even so, Wisconsin was ranked higher and predicted by plenty to beat Arkansas, a team that had lost its last two conference games of the season. So I think the told-ya-sos are being a bit overdone today. If that 3-point win makes the Badger fan's year, well, good for Badger fan I guess. :banana:

Hoff's first post was tame and making fun of the many people and pundits who predicted doom for the Badgers (much the same story when the Badgers stomped Auburn last year -- sec is too fast for the badgers, etc. ).

Nobody said dominated; nobody said Arkansas wasn't a great team. :(

We had a good football weekend (stomping the Bears, too); and we're all still a little bit drunk from New Years.....

just let us have our day.. :wub:

OK. Fair enough. :o

There are 11 teams in the Big 10. There is a rotation of games that are played that the school does not control.

And looking at the Badgers recent history with OSU...why would they not want to play them?

OK. Fair enough. :banana:

I truly do hope you understand this. Arkansas played a hell of a game. But every year, us Badger fans have to listen to this crap. Wisconsin is slow. They play only power football. They can't hang with the speed of their opponent. They aren't as good as they're ranking. This is every freaking year.

Bottom line is the final score. Wisconsin was badmouthed heading into two straight bowl games and won, against the SEC, when they were told they didn't stand a chance.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of hearing about how Wisconsin got lucky, and they can't hang with the speed of other schools.

UW throws stereotype out the window

Posted: Jan. 1, 2007

http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=547927

Michael Hunt

Orlando, Fla. - You would think they have televisions in Arkansas, not that you would know it by the way the Natural State's leading college football team reacted to the airborne achievements of the Big Ten slug.

"It did me," Razorbacks coach Houston Nutt said when asked if Wisconsin's passing ability had surprised him. "I didn't think they would throw and catch like that against us."

Hmmm. That John Stocco guy only passed for, what, 7,000 yards in his career? Travis Beckum? Paul Hubbard? Luke Swan? Clearly, they were only getting open against, well, you know, other Big Ten slugs.

"We stopped the run," said Keith Jackson's namesake, "and they came out with a little passing game."

You mean "little" like the way the Badgers threw for 2,500 yards this season, which would be more than they rushed for?

Can we please stop this nonsense already? Here in the seventh year of the new millennium, hasn't it been long established that this three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-FieldTurf gibberish left the building with Woody Hayes and Bo Schembechler? Isn't it generally accepted that the Big Ten has athletes who can run and jump and catch and throw with the best of whatever they have in the Southeastern Conference, and have going on two decades now?

The memory of Barry Alvarez nearly coming over the podium, bad foot and all two years ago at the mere suggestion that his Big Ten slugs couldn't run with the SEC jackrabbits, still hovers like a Stocco-to-Beckum end-zone floater. The Badgers didn't beat Georgia in the 2005 Outback Bowl, but they destroyed Auburn here last season and followed it up Monday with a 17-14 mission statement of sorts against the SEC finalist Razorbacks in the Capital One Bowl.

Here's what the Badgers had to prove by beating Arkansas:

Nothing.

They are seriously legit, a genuine top-five team with all the qualities associated with being one of the truly outstanding teams in the non-playoff world in which they reside. The fact that they also play with the underdog's complex isn't necessary, but it sure doesn't hurt.

"I'm just tired of hearing all that stuff," Stocco said after passing for 206 yards and two touchdowns in his final collegiate appearance. He was talking about, of course, the wrongheaded perception that the Big Ten is not worthy of breathing the same air as their SEC counterparts, but that did not stop Alvarez's resourceful successor from making it a point of motivational contention with his charges.

Bret Bielema is very good that way, just as he tactically maneuvered Wisconsin to yet another slice of post-season glory on a day when it rushed for 5 yards fewer than you and me against the Razorbacks. He showed the Badgers video of some media wag in Arkansas saying UW had beaten exactly no one in the top-25 before leveling the Hogs. It managed to work the Badgers into a righteous pre-game froth, but just as they no longer have to run like, well, Wisconsin, to win, the rhetoric was superfluous.

These Badgers stand on their own, thank you very much, and by the way Bielema can coach 'em up and the players stood in there against a team that gave Florida all it wanted in the SEC championship game, they should be a national player for years to come. Of course, there will always be skeptics in this cross-sectional debate, including the redoubtable Mr. Nutt.

"I'm partial because I'm a believer in SEC football," he said. "When you lose, you don't have much to say. But we've got an awfully strong conference, guys."

So does Wisconsin.

I truly do hope you understand this. Arkansas played a hell of a game. But every year, us Badger fans have to listen to this crap. Wisconsin is slow. They play only power football. They can't hang with the speed of their opponent. They aren't as good as they're ranking. This is every freaking year.

Bottom line is the final score. Wisconsin was badmouthed heading into two straight bowl games and won, against the SEC, when they were told they didn't stand a chance.

Frankly, I'm getting sick of hearing about how Wisconsin got lucky, and they can't hang with the speed of other schools.

OK. I wasn't aware of that, but o.k. Wisconsin gets plenty of respect from the people I talk to. They've been a great program for quite some time now.

I have heard from people that the Big Ten lacks speed as a conference, but that was mostly in reference to their poor showing in Rose Bowls in some years past. But, I have never heard Wisconsin called out individually- just the Big Ten as a whole.

Congrats on the win. I didn't mean to start an argument about it all. Just gave an alternative opinion.