Sign in to follow this  
hines86rules

LT Press conference

I never took the "2" to mean second-best.

I thought it was because Lawrence Taylor was the first LT, and Tomlinson was the second. :thumbsdown:

If Kellen Winslow Jr. ends up being better than his father some day, is he no longer a jr.? :cry:

Tomlinson isn't as good as LT1 yet. LT1 redefined how the linebacker position was played. He was Ray Lewis x 2. Plus LT1 helped lead his team to two Super Bowl crowns. None the less.....LT2 definitly has a chance to be LT1 someday, but not quite yet.

Now I do think that undoubtedly the initials "LT" are the greatest in football history!!

The "2" indicates a sequel...and sequels are always worse than the original. Can't they both just be LT? I mean, given the context of the discussion, it's pretty obvious who is being talked about.

It was also obvious who the poster was referring to when he said LT2. The fact that someone would object to that label, as if it were some kind of insult to his talents, is juvenile.

That was his moniker as long as I've known him. Why would becoming an elite player mean he should drop the "2"?

The guys on Sirius NFL Radio this morning, nailed it on the head.. if LT doesn't want other teams celebrating, and mocking Merriman, maybe he needs to tell Merriman to stfu.

I personally have not seen many Charger games this year, but the guys were talking about how even late int he 4th quarter of blow out losses Merriman has been doing his stupid little 'lights out' dance. Where's LT to whine about the class then? Or, I suppose that's ok as long as they are winning... :cry:

Also, why call Belichick out? What did Belichick do to LT other than compliment him the entire week leading up to the game? All I saw yesterday was a smiling Belichick, who was celebrating by hugging his own damn kids.. then went to mid-field for a hand shake. Completely unprovoked attack by the classless little b*tch himself, LT. :thumbsdown:

I read both articles, and none of that really seemed all that bad. It doesn't help your argument any that both websites exist solely to hug the Pats' nuts, either.

Your kidding, right? Saying F%&K Th Patriots to the newspapers is classy? Making predicitions in the paper is classy? Head Butting a guy after a 3rd down incompletion is classy?

It was also obvious who the poster was referring to when he said LT2. The fact that someone would object to that label, as if it were some kind of insult to his talents, is juvenile.

That was his moniker as long as I've known him. Why would becoming an elite player mean he should drop the "2"?

Wow, some of you guys are really taking this discussion seriously.

Gotta drop the 2 because it's just more to say...and that's inefficient. After shortening LaDainian Tomlinson to a short, concise LT, why muck it all up by adding a 2 back in?

Copying a dance on a TD is a little different then running to mid-field and mocking the other team. Call it one of those stupid unwritten rules, but the Pats need to act like they've won before and show a little more class. That being said, I don't know who was dancing it was probably some lame backup.

I don't like the Pats, but it's mostly since their fans are so overbearing now. I absolutely love the way Tom Brady plays and carries himself (even when he whines, he's earned that right). I love LT, hate Merriman and he should be treated like Barry Bonds/McGwire, etc. But, there is a way to win and a way to act.

I guess I didn't get the TD dance memo. The funny part about this is:

Why didn't any of LT's teammates get so mad? Was he the only one who saw it? Are they not a close group? I would think for such a classy player to be outraged everyone else would have went ballistic as well. My guess is because this whole thing is BS and LT had a hissy fit after losing and is using this as crutch which is odd because he did tell us how classy he is in his interview.

He's a great player and has handled himself very well during his career. He had a little meltdown yesterday which is understandable after losing such a tough game. Yet, I'd have a lot more respect for him if he had issues with Merriman doing his dance on a weekly basis or if I read something about how he thought Merriman saying the Pats would lose on national TV was thumbing his nose at a potential opponent..

In the end who has issues with this is very predictable. Whether it was this or something else there would be an issue with a big Patriot win. Always is and it appears there always will be. It's as if these guys want the Pats to show no emotion or apologize for winning. It's actually getting pretty funny and hopefully the Patriot train keeps chugging along and continues to drive people crazy.

Wow, some of you guys are really taking this discussion seriously.

Gotta drop the 2 because it's just more to say...and that's inefficient. After shortening LaDainian Tomlinson to a short, concise LT, why muck it all up by adding a 2 back in?

I could care less if people just want to call him "L". Doesn't mean sh!t to me.

I just laugh at people who make a point to correct others when they call him LT2.

I just laugh at people who make a point to correct others when they call him LT2.

Just to clarify, if you could care less, how much do you care now?

How about we all call him LaDainian.... :thumbsdown:

Just to clarify, if you could care less, how much do you care now?

Let me clarify.

I don't care at all if people call him Ladainian Tomlinson, Tomlinson, #21, LT2, LT, L, R2D2, or anything else.

I do care that people would correct others for calling him LT2. That's kind of trivial, don't ya think?

I don't care at all if people call him Ladainian Tomlinson, Tomlinson, #21, LT2, LT, L, R2D2, or anything else.

Sweet! I propose we call him R2D2 from now on.

Of course, George Lucas would probably sue us all into oblivion if we did that.

I do care that people would correct others for calling him LT2. That's kind of trivial, don't ya think?

Yes, but WHY do you care? This seems to be a very sensitive subject for you.

In the end who has issues with this is very predictable. Whether it was this or something else there would be an issue with a big Patriot win. Always is and it appears there always will be. It's as if these guys want the Pats to show no emotion or apologize for winning. It's actually getting pretty funny and hopefully the Patriot train keeps chugging along and continues to drive people crazy.

actually i think it's entirely opposite. it's the patriot fans that are being homers. you guys just like your team and BB manufacture disrespect when there is none. it's really amazing to still be delusional and have that fire burning after all the superbowls. #1 reason for their success :thumbsdown:

But,

patriots = TO

LT = George Teague

Mike ditka on mike and mike said it best, the way the patriots celebrated was classless. he's consistent on TO and the patriots.

patriot fans don't defend TO, why are they defending their team with the same arguments? because they're homers, nothing wrong with that. just admit it.

Who the HELL cares! Call him what you want. This is America...freedom of SPEECH!

I AM SB...

I AM SB2...

I AM SB3....

I AM SB4.....

I AM SB5......

Get the point?

Mike ditka on mike and mike said it best, the way the patriots celebrated was classless. he's consistent on TO and the patriots.

patriot fans don't defend TO, why are they defending their team with the same arguments? because they're homers, nothing wrong with that. just admit it.

:cry: :thumbsdown:

Who the HELL cares! Call him what you want. This is America...freedom of SPEECH!

I AM SB...

I AM SB2...

I AM SB3....

I AM SB4.....

I AM SB5......

Get the point?

Thank you.

:blink: You guys crack me up.

The laughing smilie already implied that we crack you up. To type the words is unneccessary. Kinda like adding the "2"

(See? Doesn't it seem silly for someone to correct someone else on the words he choses to use?)

I hope you'll take something from this thread. I feel I may have made you a better poster. :lol:

Ditka is too much of a pro to keep the constant Pats/Belichick bashing going. The Mike and Mike was the latest example of Ditka taking a shot at both. Hate to say this but, he`s coming off as being envious and it appears to me that he can`t stand that fact that Belichick is mentioned with the best of the all-time coaches and well, he`s not. He won 1 S Bowl with one of the cockiest, loudest, TALENTED, team I`ve ever seen. From what I can recall, the 85 Bears Def was one if not the best D ever. Buddy Ryan was as important to that team as Coach Ditka. He also mentions class many times when he "discusses" the Pats/Belichick. Should he have won more with that gang, maybe so. But, one of the most lasting memories I have of that squad was stuffing the fridge TD down the Patriots throat while leaving arguabley the "classiest" player of all time Walter Payton empty handed! Sweetness would never say it, NOBODY can question THE COACH in Chitown, but it must have hurt. Mike and Mike did their usual hum job on the coach but he`s becoming a "one trick pony". :lol:

The laughing smilie already implied that we crack you up. To type the words is unneccessary. Kinda like adding the "2"

I wouldn't say it was entirely redundant. I wanted to emphasize how amusing you guys are. The "2" doesn't really emphasize LT's "2-ness".

(See? Doesn't it seem silly for someone to correct someone else on the words he choses to use?)

When it's a silly post like yours, it does.

I hope you'll take something from this thread.

Yeah, that no matter how silly the topic, you can always get someone fired up on the Mange Bored.

I feel I may have made you a better poster. :lol:

I doubt it. But hey, don't let me stand in the way of your contorting to pat yourself on the back.

actually i think it's entirely opposite. it's the patriot fans that are being homers. you guys just like your team and BB manufacture disrespect when there is none. it's really amazing to still be delusional and have that fire burning after all the superbowls. #1 reason for their success :lol:

But,

patriots = TO

LT = George Teague

Totally disagree. If you look at the past week most Patriot fans were open and upfront about this game. They knew they could win but also understand they were the underdog. Yet, they just don't sit back when others repeatedly say they will lose for the same reasons over and over again. As for mocking Merriman I tend not to be an in your face celebration guy but when a guy goes on national TV (and yes, I will keep repeating this) and says you will lose at halftime of your game all I can say is payback's a ######.

As for the Pats I have no problems with the manufactoring disrespect stuff. The bottomline is while they are definetly stretching it a lot of times it works for them. When you're the topdog it's important to stay motivated and if this works for them than I give them all the credit in the world for finding a formula that's feeding into long term success. Sometimes it does look silly but the results speak for themselve and outside of dumping on Freddy Mitchell they never talk smack before a game.

:lol: You guys crack me up.

They/we crack me up too........call me: YGCMU2

Ditka is too much of a pro to keep the constant Pats/Belichick bashing going. The Mike and Mike was the latest example of Ditka taking a shot at both. Hate to say this but, he`s coming off as being envious and it appears to me that he can`t stand that fact that Belichick is mentioned with the best of the all-time coaches and well, he`s not. He won 1 S Bowl with one of the cockiest, loudest, TALENTED, team I`ve ever seen. From what I can recall, the 85 Bears Def was one if not the best D ever. Buddy Ryan was as important to that team as Coach Ditka. He also mentions class many times when he "discusses" the Pats/Belichick. Should he have won more with that gang, maybe so. But, one of the most lasting memories I have of that squad was stuffing the fridge TD down the Patriots throat while leaving arguabley the "classiest" player of all time Walter Payton empty handed! Sweetness would never say it, NOBODY can question THE COACH in Chitown, but it must have hurt. Mike and Mike did their usual hum job on the coach but he`s becoming a "one trick pony". :lol:

Maybe the Pats can do a rap video this week and Ditka will consider them classy.

when you get taunted all day, get all the calls against you, and then watch the rest of your team make stupid mistakes, you wouldnt want to have a bunch of ###### patriots in your face. if i was LT i would have punched Reche Caldwell right in the fisheye.

not disagreeing, when you are the best player and you know you ar ethe best and yuo did everything to win, and you still lose it sucks

Totally disagree. If you look at the past week most Patriot fans were open and upfront about this game. They knew they could win but also understand they were the underdog. Yet, they just don't sit back when others repeatedly say they will lose for the same reasons over and over again. As for mocking Merriman I tend not to be an in your face celebration guy but when a guy goes on national TV (and yes, I will keep repeating this) and says you will lose at halftime of your game all I can say is payback's a ######.

As for the Pats I have no problems with the manufactoring disrespect stuff. The bottomline is while they are definetly stretching it a lot of times it works for them. When you're the topdog it's important to stay motivated and if this works for them than I give them all the credit in the world for finding a formula that's feeding into long term success. Sometimes it does look silly but the results speak for themselve and outside of dumping on Freddy Mitchell they never talk smack before a game.

Once again you say it better than anyone can. :thumbsup:

Also, I will say this, let the media play up LT's comments. They won't be talking about this...

http://www.projo.com/patriots/content/proj...ts.8ae0256.html

"[bleep] New England and their team," suggested cornerback Drayton Florence. Florence then said to the collection of onlookers in the hallway. "Get the look of shock off your faces. Don't be shocked. We beat your [butt]."

Or this...

http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/...rticleid=176282

Now, on to Merriman, who was wildly fun to listen to. Last week, the All-Pro sent Jason Taylor a “Lights Out” hat, t-shirt and a box of popcorn, so he could “watch me in the playoffs” after Taylor’s comments criticizing his positive steroid test. Patriots QB Tom Brady said today that Taylor and Merriman would probably be sipping Mai Tais together at the Pro Bowl. In response to that, Merriman said, “tell Tom he can wear my shirts, I’ll send him some stuff.”

Look at it this way. You keep winning and people will find reasons to hate you. It's inevitable. Top two reasons why it exists at FFT are the large number of existing Pats fan and Bristol, Connecticut's own ESPN. Why it exists in the media is because the Patriots don't pander to them by giving them exclusive information, which makes the pundits work harder at their jobs than they'd like. The Patriots are respected but at the same time hated. That's how it is, and it won't change as long as they keeping winning. So it's pointless to get caught up in it. Let the haters hate and the winners win. My two cents.

I'd give LT2 a break. He's always been a classy player and his comments came after a gut-wrenching loss. The entire Chargers team should be angry and pissed. Far as the Pats, yeah dancing on the logo afterward is borderline classless but so what? Get over it and move on.

So far as Belichick, I lost a lot of respect for him when he acted like a spoiled little b1tch toward Mangini earlier this year. When Bill Parcells is calling Andy Reid to give him a pep talk after McNabb gets hurt, it is utterly classless to ignore a guy you went to war with because he had the nerve to take a raise.

The end, nothing to see here. I'm glad next week's game is Pats-Colts.

My new favorite player.

Talking about how Pats players stood in the middle of the field and danced like Merriman

Wow he just tanked Belichick!!!

"They showed no class at all, absolutely no class and maybe it comes from their head coach". LT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yep, LT got sweet, sweet vengeance on Belichek. LT's gotta feel pretty cool about getting last word in (as he and his 31 TD's watch the rest of the playoffs from home) .

Also, why call Belichick out? What did Belichick do to LT other than compliment him the entire week leading up to the game? All I saw yesterday was a smiling Belichick, who was celebrating by hugging his own damn kids.. then went to mid-field for a hand shake. Completely unprovoked attack by the classless little b*tch himself, LT. :first:

That's my problem with the whole thing. I didn't see the celebration, but if the Patriots did make it a point to dance on the logo, yeah, I could definitely live without that, and coupled with the frustration of losing after such an effort I can understand Tomlinson's anger to a point. But I'm pretty sure Belichick didn't order it, or probably even know it was occurring. There was no need to drag Belichick into it, other than Bill has gotten some bad press of late and he though maybe that would help keep the press and/or public on his side. That line really came off sounding a lot like sour grapes.

Copying a dance on a TD is a little different then running to mid-field and mocking the other team. Call it one of those stupid unwritten rules, but the Pats need to act like they've won before and show a little more class. That being said, I don't know who was dancing it was probably some lame backup.

I don't like the Pats, but it's mostly since their fans are so overbearing now. I absolutely love the way Tom Brady plays and carries himself (even when he whines, he's earned that right). I love LT, hate Merriman and he should be treated like Barry Bonds/McGwire, etc. But, there is a way to win and a way to act.

I actually think the real (not the johnny come lately) fans are being pretty tame this season. Yes, in past SB seasons, there have been the obnoxious outbreaks, but honestly this season we've been doing a lot of defending. Look at all the threads now, all started by Pats haters (including you Hines, sorry). IMO the Pats haters have been a lot more overbearing, which is understandable. I remember hating the Cowboys and their fans when they were a dynasty. I was just sick and tired of always hearing about them and just wanted them to go away. I'm sure it's the same for everyone outside of NE.

Yep, LT got sweet, sweet vengeance on Belichek. LT's gotta feel pretty cool about getting last word in (as he and his 31 TD's watch the rest of the playoffs from home) .

:thumbsdown: :wub:

Imagine for a second some of the Colts mocking the Ray Lewis dance on the field in Baltimore after their game. If you were a Raven, you'd be pretty pissed. There's a big difference between celebrating a win and mocking the team you just triumphed over.

TO mocked Ray-Ray's dance and the Ravens didn't bitch and moan about it.

LT is still the class of the NFL. You guys expect him not to get emotional and pissed after losing a tough game like that and having to watch a couple of classless bastages mock his team? Gimme a break, he's a freakin football player, not the second coming of Christ.

That said, Merriman is still a total douche. I'm glad he lost, but I'm not glad LT lost. Plus, Schottenheimer deserved better than that - lots of folks will blame this loss on him. I guess you can place a little of the blame on him since he should have his players better prepared mentally - but when it all comes down, his players (Parker, Jackson, Rivers, the secondary) lost that game for him by making mental mistakes at critical junctures, and the Pats made 'em pay.

I hope the Colts beat the Pats on a Vinatieri FG. It would be a fitting ending to the Pats dynasty, Belichick losing because in his arrogance he failed to value the right players.

I agree with all this.

Hey once you walk the walk you have every right to talk the talk. To the victors go the spoils

Just heard someone talking about the fact that the Pats have won 3 superbowls and should act better. Well everyone including the Boston media had them dead and buried so the game ends "Now we do the dance of joy"

Dead and buried? That is B.S. Only 5 point underdogs on the road in the divisional round (home teams historically win like 75% of divisional round games) against the team with the best record in the NFL is anything but dead and buried.

I actually think the real (not the johnny come lately) fans are being pretty tame this season. Yes, in past SB seasons, there have been the obnoxious outbreaks, but honestly this season we've been doing a lot of defending. Look at all the threads now, all started by Pats haters (including you Hines, sorry). IMO the Pats haters have been a lot more overbearing, which is understandable. I remember hating the Cowboys and their fans when they were a dynasty. I was just sick and tired of always hearing about them and just wanted them to go away. I'm sure it's the same for everyone outside of NE.

Don't forget, theb Patriots looked pretty average for most of the season. Even the most supportive fans went into this postseason with some doubts. Obviously, you're not going to hear a ot of smack talk when you're not too sure how your team's going to do.

Let them win another Super Bowl and you'll see how tame they are.

(also, I hope they beat Manning again. This is getting hilarious) :thumbsup:

I love Hines Ward, I can do without his imitations. The only one I loved was against the Eagles in 04 when he did the bird thing like TO.

Fair enough. :thumbsup:

I never took the "2" to mean second-best.

I thought it was because Lawrence Taylor was the first LT, and Tomlinson was the second. :dunno:

If Kellen Winslow Jr. ends up being better than his father some day, is he no longer a jr.? :wacko:

LT2 is to LT as T2 is to Terminator 1 :thumbsup:

Well stated, Mr. Scott. The Pats going away is exactly what the non=Pats fans want. Im with you.... I hated the 49ers winning all the time and the Bills, Redskins, Cowboys, etc, etc. Even the broncos back to back SB wins irked me a bit with the Elway slobbering!

One of the differences to me is how the Pats rarely actually beat anyone like those old teams did. The Pats seem to have a lot of things handed to them by shellshocked opponents or the football gods are simply watching over them. Maybe Jesus bets $50 a week on the Pats and the over? :thumbsup:

This combination of winning in rather dicey fashions combined with their easy to hate Head Coach makes them even more annoying than Jimmy Johnson which I didnt think was possible. :thumbsup:

Bottom line......

Pats players were not doing anything wrong by celebrating!

Tomlinson wasn't doing anything wrong trying to get to the locker room.

But when the Pats players were grabbing at LT and trying to stop him and trying to talk to him and forcing a hand shake and congrats.........

Now that would chap my A**! Just let me go to the locker room, I don't need to say you played a good game, I don't need to shake your hand, just get away from me and let me walk off the freeking field.

of course it doesnt sound like him, but when you get taunted all day, get all the calls against you, and then watch the rest of your team make stupid mistakes, you wouldnt want to have a bunch of ###### patriots in your face. if i was LT i would have punched Reche Caldwell right in the fisheye.

Hold on, let me get teh "Wha"mbulance for you.

I am going to enjoy laughing at you :mad:

I hate the Patriots but I personally thought it was great. Anytime these guys do their stupid little dances or showboat and then someone on the other team does it back, it's funny how quickly it becomes "unclassy" when it was "unclassy" in the first place.

The Strahan jumpshot copied by the Iggles, TO doing the Ray Lewis dance, and now the Pats doing the Merrimen roid shuffle. I caught the altercation with LT but didn't see what led up to it, but one of the 3 Pats did say "You got to be better than that" as LT walked away. Thinkn Merriman wouldn't have done from end zone to end zone if the Chargers had won? Hell yes, and I bet the Pats wouldn't have called him out on it.

That's sports, when one of your players is a jackass, prepare to receive the same treatment in return when you lose. LT should talk to Merriman, not the Pats. Or maybe to Eric Parker or Drayton Florence. I like LT but he needs to STFU on this one.