Sign in to follow this  
benbadman

'07 QBs -- who are the Top 10?

Hey guys,

I was doing a little thinking about which QB I'd like to marry my team to next year, so...

Here were the top 10 scoring QB in my league from the 2006 season:

Peyton

Brees

Bulger

Palmer

Vick

Brady

Rivers

McNabb* (his pts/game are higher)

Eli

Kitna

--Vince & Grossman are 10 pts below Kitna

Just guessing on who teams will keep, draft & sign, who do you see slipping out of the top10 fantasy QBs and who may surprise and enter the top10 (Cutler, Romo?).

Looking ahead to the draft in 6 months...

My situation is that I am in a 2 player keeper league (I kept Edge & Chester Taylor), and of the 20 keepers-- 5 were QB (Peyton, Vick, Brees, Brady, Cutler) and 13 RBs. So I have the 3rd pick in the 1st round and 2nd pick in the 2nd round, then its wacky and snakes after that. I'm pretty sure I'll get Carson Palmer or Bulger w/ that 3rd pick (really the 23rd player off the board), but if Shaun Alexander is on the board I might have to take him if he's looking too good to pass on. Although with the 3rd and 12th overall picks, and 0 WRs kept, I could probably snag two elite receivers, but then hope to get a sleeper or value pick at QB.

My Master List for now (guard it with your life):

1. Carson Palmer

2. Peyton Manning

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Drew Brees

5. Tony Romo

6. Michael Vick (if you get 1 pt for 10 yards rushing and 6 pts for rushing tds for QBs)

7. Tom Brady

8. Jay Cutler

9. Philip Rivers

10.Marc Bulger

11.Vince Young

12.Jon Kitna

My Master List for now (guard it with your life):

1. Carson Palmer

2. Peyton Manning

3. Donovan McNabb

4. Drew Brees

5. Tony Romo

6. Michael Vick (if you get 1 pt for 10 yards and 6 pts for rushing tds)

7. Tom Brady

8. Jay Cutler

9. Philip Rivers

10.Marc Bulger

11.Vince Young

12.Jon Kitna

Does McNabb's injury problems concern you? He played 10 games in 06, 9 games in '05. I definitely know some owners in my league think he can rebound and will draft him early (probably in the 1st round after keepers to an owner with 2 RBs already). McNabb did go like 7th overall in this league in 2005, but fell to 41st overall in 2006 (to the team with LT no less lol).

Kitna seems like a guy I might want to target as a backup QB, assuming his bye week doesn't conflict with my starter. He has some great WRs, and I have a feeling the Lions will take Calvin Johnson LOL. But if they are smart and improve their O-line, and KJ comes back, with Martz still there u have to like Kitna as a good depth QB or a starter if your team is deep elsewhere.

Rivers is a guy I am keeping an eye on. He doesn't turn the ball over. He has proven all-star weapons in LT & Gates. Since 20 players are off the board going in, I could probably grab Gates in the 2nd round (#12) and get Rivers in the 3rd possibly.

Here is the true list:

1 - Brees

2- Palmer

3- Peyton

4 - Hasslebeck

5 - Favre

6- Bulger

7- Michael Vick or Vince Young - they will have identical stats

8- Lienart :banana:

9- Eli

10 -Kitna

*** I don't know if Mcnaab is going to be ready for the season opener. Hasn't there been some problems on his recovery?

Brady - they absolutely need to upgrade their wr - Caldwell became his #1 - must be those :banana:

Romo - two 30+ receivers on the team - no thanks

Keeper league:

1 - Palmer

2- Peyton

3- Brady

4 - Brees

5 - Favre

6- Leinart

7- Cutler

8- Bulger

9- Rivers

10 -Alex Smith

McNabb scares me with injuries.

Does McNabb's injury problems concern you? He played 10 games in 06, 9 games in '05. I definitely know some owners in my league think he can rebound and will draft him early (probably in the 1st round after keepers to an owner with 2 RBs already). McNabb did go like 7th overall in this league in 2005, but fell to 41st overall in 2006 (to the team with LT no less lol).

Kitna seems like a guy I might want to target as a backup QB, assuming his bye week doesn't conflict with my starter. He has some great WRs, and I have a feeling the Lions will take Calvin Johnson LOL. But if they are smart and improve their O-line, and KJ comes back, with Martz still there u have to like Kitna as a good depth QB or a starter if your team is deep elsewhere.

Rivers is a guy I am keeping an eye on. He doesn't turn the ball over. He has proven all-star weapons in LT & Gates. Since 20 players are off the board going in, I could probably grab Gates in the 2nd round (#12) and get Rivers in the 3rd possibly.

Well, before McNabb got hurt he was the NUMBER 1 OVERALL FANTASY PLAYER, so I think he'll be in the top 5 of QBs again. Obviously, we'll have to monitor his injury comeback status.