Sign in to follow this  
edjr

Federer > Woods

Way go to Tiger.

When it's 1 on 1 you choke again.

I still love you and you're my favorite golfer, but it's obvious Federer is better in his sport than you are in yours. Thanks for playing.

Way go to Tiger.

I still love you and you're my favorite golfer, but it's obvious Federer is better in his sport than you are in yours. Thanks for playing.

:blink:

4 foot putt for birdie on the 1st extra hole to win and he misses. :wall: :blink:

then he loses.

WAY TO BE CLUTCH TIGER! :doh:

BWAHAHAHAHAAAAA

i'll bite

yea, hahaha he could only win 7 of the last 8 pga tourneys he sucks :doh:

LMK when federer wins a few french opens. :blink:

2nd extra hole, Nick O'hern from 250 pulls it to the left of the hole in the sand and on the very next shot, Tiger having the advantage from about 10 yards closer, he GAGS and hits it in the same area about 10 feet left of the sand in the rough. Then tiger GAGS again and muffs the pitch and misses the 20 footer for par. Nick O'hern sinks a 12 footer for PAR.

Federer > woods

i'll bite

yea, hahaha he could only win 7 of the last 8 pga tourneys he sucks :rolleyes:

LMK when federer wins a few french opens. :banana:

hey douche, how many French Titles did Sampras win, recognized at the best ever? oh yes. ZERO.

hey douche, how many French finals did Sampras win, recognized as the best ever? oh yes, ZERO

NEXT!

hey douche, how many French Titles did Sampras win, recognized at the best ever? oh yes. ZERO.

hey douche, how many French finals did Sampras win, recognized as the best ever? oh yes, ZERO

NEXT!

I didn't know Woods was spelled 's a m p r a s'

Phil better than both. :thumbsup:

Sniffs bait...

:thinks Edjr. should get better bait:

Swims away.

Way go to Tiger.

You are the most worthless poster ever. Even Mackgee had purpose.

Sniffs bait...

:thinks Edjr. should get better bait:

Swims away.

go ahead and bite, it's a slow day why not

There have been many dominant tennis players throughout the years but what Tiger has done has been pretty much unequaled throughout the history of golf.

There have been many dominant tennis players throughout the years but what Tiger has done has been pretty much unequaled throughout the history of golf.

really????

:wub:

I am not trying to take anything away from Federer because he is awesome! When all is said and done Federer might go down as the best tennis player in history but that has yet to be seen.

Name me any other golfer besides Jack Nicklaus that has been as successful as Tiger. Tiger would already be the greatest or second greatest golfer of all time if he retired today.

Seems that way :wub:

I am not trying to take anything away from Federer because he is awesome! When all is said and done Federer might go down as the best tennis player in history but that has yet to be seen.

Name me any other golfer besides Jack Nicklaus that has been as successful as Tiger. Tiger would already be the greatest or second greatest golfer of all time if he retired today.

Since the 2005 Wimbledon federer has won. 6 of 7 Grand Slams. The only one he lost in, he lost in the finals of the French Open, which Pete Sampras never even made the finals.

The only thing we really have to compare Woods to Federer is match play. Woods lost again in match play this week.

Federer > Woods

Since the 2005 Wimbledon federer has won. 6 of 7 Grand Slams. The only one he lost in, he lost in the finals of the French Open, which Pete Sampras never even made the finals.

The only thing we really have to compare Woods to Federer is match play. Woods lost again in match play this week.

Federer > Woods

What's strange about that, is earlier in his career, Woods was the sh1t when it came to match play. :bench:

Federer > Woods

Maybe the reason Federer is so dominant is the lack of competition. You can't say Federer is better than Woods. More dominant in his sport? perhaps, but better? Nope. On any given week on the PGA Tour there are 30 guys who have a realistic chance to win because of the nature of the game. At any given ATP tour stop, there's only a couple guys that Federer has to worry about. I shouldn't even have taken the bait, since your act is old, but I figured I'd offer my 2 cents anyway....

really????

:bench:

Yes, really. Since the greatest players started playing the PGA Tour consistantly (and didn't have to work as club pros to make ends meet), no golfer has dominated at the same level that Tiger has. Jack was great and is still IMO the greatest golfer ever, but the only thing he has on Tiger right now is longevity. Tiger's won about 38% of the majors in his career, and almost 60% of the WGC events, which are the second tier events behind the majors...Jack's career numbers are not that good.

Maybe the reason Federer is so dominant is the lack of competition.

It's impossible to prove something like this.

1994 tennis national champ and US open participant chiming in here.

What dumb fock said there is no competition on the tennis tour right now? there are 100 players capable at any time taking down Federer. He has to win 7 rounds every tournament to be claimed champ. It only takes on bad match and he's out. Except he puts together perfect tournaments all the time one versus one. Tiger hasn't ever won 7 matches in a row in match play has he?. Federer has done that how many grand slams in a row? He's on the verge of being the greatest tennis player of all time.

I do believe Tiger is also on the verge of being the greatest golfer of all time so I don't want to take anything away from that achievement.

As far as match play goes however, THERE IS NO DOUBT ROGER IS #1!

It's impossible to prove something like this.

True.

How would have Woods done back when playing against The Bear, Palmer, Snead, Nelson, etc. vs. How well would Federer have done against Bjorg, Conner, Mac, Agassi (in his prime), etc. ?

Assuming they were all brought up in the same time span using the same equipment.

Apples and Oranges. Roger right now is dominating more than Woods is IMO.

Two totally different games.

Golf - playing against yourself

Tennis - Playing against an opponent

Can't compare the two realistically.

Maybe the reason Federer is so dominant is the lack of competition. You can't say Federer is better than Woods. More dominant in his sport? perhaps, but better? Nope. On any given week on the PGA Tour there are 30 guys who have a realistic chance to win because of the nature of the game. At any given ATP tour stop, there's only a couple guys that Federer has to worry about. I shouldn't even have taken the bait, since your act is old, but I figured I'd offer my 2 cents anyway....

Yes, really. Since the greatest players started playing the PGA Tour consistantly (and didn't have to work as club pros to make ends meet), no golfer has dominated at the same level that Tiger has. Jack was great and is still IMO the greatest golfer ever, but the only thing he has on Tiger right now is longevity. Tiger's won about 38% of the majors in his career, and almost 60% of the WGC events, which are the second tier events behind the majors...Jack's career numbers are not that good.

there are more golfers..but the overall talent is awful....

look at the match play..that was some of the worst golf in ages...

just becasue u dont know WHO the tennis guys are...doesnt mean the talent level is low...

edjr IS right..and the french open argument is idiotic...its a different playing surface...

roger doesnt choke the way that tiger does..and tiger has had better equipment then his peers for a decade..

edjr IS right..and the french open argument is idiotic...its a different playing surface...

never watched the british open?

2 foot deep grass =/ 6" rough

pot bunkers =/ pga bunkers

open natural landscape =/ perfectly manicured landscape

treeless windy crazy weather =/ mostly nice warm weather

never watched the british open?

2 foot deep grass =/ 6" rough

pot bunkers =/ pga bunkers

open natural landscape =/ perfectly manicured landscape

treeless windy crazy weather =/ mostly nice warm weather

they dont play on grass on other courses? :ninja:

this will be a better argument once roger loses a major...

meanwhile..we can sit back and watch tigger miss 3 foot putts and i guess, be in awe..

What dumb fock said there is no competition on the tennis tour right now? there are 100 players capable at any time taking down Federer. He has to win 7 rounds every tournament to be claimed champ. It only takes on bad match and he's out. Except he puts together perfect tournaments all the time one versus one. Tiger hasn't ever won 7 matches in a row in match play has he?. Federer has done that how many grand slams in a row? He's on the verge of being the greatest tennis player of all time.

I do believe Tiger is also on the verge of being the greatest golfer of all time so I don't want to take anything away from that achievement.

As far as match play goes however, THERE IS NO DOUBT ROGER IS #1!

Very well put.

I'm not taking anything away from woods either. I've played both sports as well, certainly not at a high level and I know how very difficult they both are.

Let's take the 97 Masters. Tiger struggled mightily on the front 9 shooting 40, then going on to win the tournament. if Federer plays that bad he's out of the tournament, no chance to come back on the back nine or friday and saturday.

women's tennis >>>>>>>>>>>> men's tennis.

lmk when that changes

you're getting slapped around in this thread like a woman, who would know better than you?

there are more golfers..but the overall talent is awful....

look at the match play..that was some of the worst golf in ages...

just becasue u dont know WHO the tennis guys are...doesnt mean the talent level is low...

roger doesnt choke the way that tiger does..and tiger has had better equipment then his peers for a decade..

The talent on the PGA Tour right now is far from awful. If Mickelson, Els, Goosen, Furyk, Singh, etc. played during Jack's day, Jack would not have won 18 majors. Nicklaus always says "Tiger doesn't play against proven winners like I did", well maybe the reason Tiger's peers haven't won as much as Jack's competition is because of Tiger. Its obviously a subjective argument, but IMO Tiger's peers are far better players than Nicklaus', Hogans', palmers', etc. Players nowadays have more complete games than players in the past. And the fields are far deeper than at any time in the history of the PGA Tour.

As for the equipment comment- thats just wrong. Tiger has been using inferior equipment to his competition since he turned pro until about 2 years ago when he finally decided to start using a graphite shafted driver and a larger headed driver as well. Don't you remember Mickelson's comment a few years ago about Tiger using inferior equipment?...Well, that comment was pretty much universally accepted as truth, albiet somewhat over the lines, by the golf community.

I still say that Federer is more dominant, but not better than Tiger. As someone said earlier, its apples and oranges.

The talent on the PGA Tour right now is far from awful. If Mickelson, Els, Goosen, Furyk, Singh, etc. played during Jack's day, Jack would not have won 18 majors. Nicklaus always says "Tiger doesn't play against proven winners like I did", well maybe the reason Tiger's peers haven't won as much as Jack's competition is because of Tiger. Its obviously a subjective argument, but IMO Tiger's peers are far better players than Nicklaus', Hogans', palmers', etc. Players nowadays have more complete games than players in the past. And the fields are far deeper than at any time in the history of the PGA Tour.

As for the equipment comment- thats just wrong. Tiger has been using inferior equipment to his competition since he turned pro until about 2 years ago when he finally decided to start using a graphite shafted driver and a larger headed driver as well. Don't you remember Mickelson's comment a few years ago about Tiger using inferior equipment?...Well, that comment was pretty much universally accepted as truth, albiet somewhat over the lines, by the golf community.

I still say that Federer is more dominant, but not better than Tiger. As someone said earlier, its apples and oranges.

That's where this thread came from. A few months back we had a long thread about who was more dominant. I was saying Federer, as others were, but a lot were saying Woods.

oh come on now...

you just named 3 legends of the past..there is only 1 current legend...

and you didnt even get into the tom watsons of the world...

complete game, yes....completely average..

borg>>federer

borg retired at 26 career record: 576-124

titles: 77

federer is 25 career record: 490-125

titles: 46

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

borg>>federer

borg retired at 26 career record: 576-124

titles: 77

federer is 25 career record: 490-125

titles: 46

:pointstosky: :pointstosky:

Federer's career is over? :mad:

Borg 11 Grand Slam titles in his career.

Federer 10 already, won't be 26 till August

What else you have zmanzjr?

alright... this should end the argument...

tennis is a ###### sport that no one cares about... probably less than hockey. and while golf is by no means a "super power" when it comes to other sports it kicks the chit out of tennis because as stated above... tennis has a huge gaping vagina.

and as the analogy follows anyone who is good at golf is > anyone who is good at tennis

alright... this should end the argument...

tennis is a ###### sport that no one cares about... probably less than hockey. and while golf is by no means a "super power" when it comes to other sports it kicks the chit out of tennis because as stated above... tennis has a huge gaping vagina.

and as the analogy follows anyone who is good at golf is > anyone who is good at tennis

Right. That's why golf fans are so defensive about this discussion. :ninja:

Right. That's why golf fans are so defensive about this discussion. :ninja:

i mean let's apply this in the real world.

strike... if i were to say to you "hey... you wanna go play some tennis?"

"no you phagg... and quit looking at my ass"

or "hey strike you wanna go play some golf?"

"yeah... i'll grab some beer"

i mean let's apply this in the real world.

strike... if i were to say to you "hey... you wanna go play some tennis?"

"no you phagg... and quit looking at my ass"

or "hey strike you wanna go play some golf?"

"yeah... i'll grab some beer"

I like both, and both are worthy of beer :ninja: