Sign in to follow this  
Trey5

Which two would you keep?

Ok so I posed this question here about a month ago:

Standard scoring league - start 2RB 2 WR 1flex

2 keepers and you lose the draft pick of the round you drafted the player in. 12 teams in the league.

Choices are:

Portis (1)

Bush (2)

Gore (9)

I could also keep Carson Palmer (4) or even Housh (5) based on the rounds I got them in, but I've pretty much decided I'm keeping 2 RB's.

Leave a link and I'll get you back.

---The majority seemed to be in favor of going Gore/Bush and then there was a fairly strong contigent that said Gore/Palmer was the way to go.

Well now I've been dealt a new hand and I'm not sure what to do. The recent free-agent happenings around the league have left me with an interesting decision. First, Norv Turner is gone and that hurts Gore's value a bit. Then, Travis Henry (16), who I took a flyer on late in last year's draft, has signed with Denver and is being paid like the starter.

So, the new question is; Which two would you keep?

Gore (9)

Portis (1)

Bush (2)

Palmer (4)

Henry (16)

AT FIRST GLANCE, I AGREE WITH KEEPING BUSH/GORE BUT WITH HENRY NEW HOME,

MY FIRST QUESTION WOULD BE, AT WHAT POSITION ARE YOU DRAFTING IN YOUR 12 TEAM LEAGUE?

BASED ON WHETHER YOU ARE IN THE TOP 6 OR BOTTOM 6. EITHER WAY YOU STILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING BUSH BACK OR ANOTHER TOP RB.

HAVING GORE IN RD 9 AND HENRY IN ROUND 16 IS HELL OF A STEAL FOR BOTH GUYS.

SO I WOULD KEEP GORE/HENRY

PLEASE ANSWER MINE

www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=267759

MY FIRST QUESTION WOULD BE, AT WHAT POSITION ARE YOU DRAFTING IN YOUR 12 TEAM LEAGUE?

BASED ON WHETHER YOU ARE IN THE TOP 6 OR BOTTOM 6. EITHER WAY YOU STILL HAVE A GOOD CHANCE OF GETTING BUSH BACK OR ANOTHER TOP RB.

PLEASE ANSWER MINE

I AGREE WITH SOLO. GORE & HENRY ARE THE BEST VALUES & YOU STILL HAVE YOUR 1 & 2 PICKS.

With Travis Henry now in Denver, I would have to keep Gore and Henry. You will have 2 RB1s that you can start each week and you only lose very late round picks for them. Those are 2 great kepers and a very solid nucleus for your team in 2007.

PLEASE ANSWER MINE

Well, I answered your previous one, and I was one of the guys who suggested keeping Gore and Palmer.

going on the assumption you have rejected keeping a QB outright, the option of keeping Gore & Henry isnt bad.

Especially if you finished in the bottom half of your league. Let us assume that if everyone keeps their first round pick you pick 3rd or 4th. I would guess at least one or two of the guys picking ahead of you may forfeit their first round pick to keep their best guy.

if you can successfully guess who would be available you may be able to get Portis, Palmer, or another RB early.

with this being said, I am not keen on Henry as a player in general. He gets hurt a lot and is getting older. Also he plays in Denver where they tend to go with RB by committee regardless of who the named starter is.

If I were in your position and I kept him, I would only keep him for the purpose of trading him to someone else.

So before making him your keeper, I'd at least ask around to see if anyone has interest in him(for a trade). Even if you have no intention of trading him, This may help you to determine what his value would be if you kept him.

Well, I answered your previous one, and I was one of the guys who suggested keeping Gore and Palmer.

going on the assumption you have rejected keeping a QB outright, the option of keeping Gore & Henry isnt bad.

Especially if you finished in the bottom half of your league. Let us assume that if everyone keeps their first round pick you pick 3rd or 4th. I would guess at least one or two of the guys picking ahead of you may forfeit their first round pick to keep their best guy.

if you can successfully guess who would be available you may be able to get Portis, Palmer, or another RB early.

with this being said, I am not keen on Henry as a player in general. He gets hurt a lot and is getting older. Also he plays in Denver where they tend to go with RB by committee regardless of who the named starter is.

If I were in your position and I kept him, I would only keep him for the purpose of trading him to someone else.

So before making him your keeper, I'd at least ask around to see if anyone has interest in him(for a trade). Even if you have no intention of trading him, This may help you to determine what his value would be if you kept him.

The reason you do keepers to to try to get value.... I would go Gore and Bush...... Bush is slated late 1st early 2nd anyway so the value is there and Gore as a 9th rounder is great....... You would anoly need one other back and you could grab one after you get a qb and recievers

Good Luck!!!!!!

With Travis Henry now in Denver, I would have to keep Gore and Henry. You will have 2 RB1s that you can start each week and you only lose very late round picks for them. Those are 2 great kepers and a very solid nucleus for your team in 2007.

I'd probably do this move too.

The reason you do keepers to to try to get value.... I would go Gore and Bush...... Bush is slated late 1st early 2nd anyway so the value is there and Gore as a 9th rounder is great....... You would anoly need one other back and you could grab one after you get a qb and recievers

Good Luck!!!!!!

Well, I'm not one of those guys who would jump on the Travis henry bandwagon just cuz hes in denver.

I'd probably keep gore & bush also. I dont think you can really lose this way.