Sign in to follow this  
SmartassBoiler

Your Favorite Steak Marinade?

Hardcore bbq'ers always get mad if you add any marinade other than a few simple things. But i've always thought that as long as the marinade isn't overbearing, it adds to the flavor of steak, not covers it up. With that said, sometimes i do like a steak with nothing but olive oil and montreal steak seasoning which only has a few spices in it.

But if i'm getting an actual marinade, i like McCormicks lousiana red pepper marinade. I love spicy food and this adds a bit of a kick. It says you only need to marinade for 30 min, but if you add white wine to the marinade and let it sit for a while, 3-4 hours, i think it tastes great. Another thing i like to do is about 3-4 minutes before the steak is done is get some foil, put butter and a mix of peppers and onions, place the steak on top, then add more butter and peppers (bell peppers mostly but a few jalepenos and some crushed red pepper) and onions and then wrap it up. Let it cook like that for a few minutes, then take it off the grill and let it sit for 5-10 minutes.

ketchup and A1 :banana:

Sometimes I'll add a little dirt just to mix it up. I'm crazy like that. :banana:

If I'm cooking for a date, I'll jerk off into a ziplock bag for like a week, throw a little S&P in there and marinate the steak overnight in there.

that way I know no matter how bad the date is, she'll be swallowing my man gravy either way.

this sounds weird... but if you are feeling 'tropical' like for steak kabobs or something

pineapple juice

teriyaki sauce

peppercorn

2 cloves minced garlic

italian dressing

L&P Worcestershire

2 dashes red wine vinegar

this sounds weird... but if you are feeling 'tropical' like for steak kabobs or something

pineapple juice

teriyaki sauce

peppercorn

This actually works very well. The sugar carmelizes on the steak. It's a tasty variation from just plain ol' steak. :o

(note: add a little fresh ginger next time)

Last time tried something new...Bout 2 hours before cooking...I rubbed the steaks with Kosher Salt...let it sit for about an hour...then rubbed it off. :o Then I rubbed the salt off the steak too. :o

Then the usual Olive Oil, Seasoned Pepper, and Bell Pepper/Garlic mix.

This actually works very well. The sugar carmelizes on the steak. It's a tasty variation from just plain ol' steak. :banana:

(note: add a little fresh ginger next time)

would ginger and peppercorn go well together??? or are you saying sub the peppercorn for ginger??

would ginger and peppercorn go well together??? or are you saying sub the peppercorn for ginger??

fock it, do both. :banana:

I'll have to try a few of these.

I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with the man-gravy marinade. :thumbsdown:

garlic, pepper, seasoned salt. That's it for a good steak.

Best one yet! :thumbsdown: Anything added to steak other then salt, pepper, and a little bit of garlic takes away from the taste.

Not sure but I now anyone that likes their steak any mo done than medium is ghey ! :mad: :dunno: :D

Garlic, olive oil, salt & pepper. Montreal steak seasoning. Sometimes I throw in some coca-cola.

:dunno:

Yah, if i'm going to add anything to a steak aside from just s&p it's got to be Montral Steak Seasoning. A good cut of meat doesn't require any fancy marinade or anymore than 3 minutes a side on a flaming hot grill.

Anyone who puts fruits and crap on their steak has a vag.

:D

The best thing that goes on top of a steak is...another steak.

Also, also, if it's red, it ain't dead. If it ain't black, send it back!!#&*@!## :unsure: :unsure:

The best thing that goes on top of a steak is...another steak.

Also, also, if it's red, it ain't dead. If it ain't black, send it back!!#&*@!## :rolleyes: :dunno:

Agreed that a good steak needs nothing. But those in much of the country have never had a truly good steak.

But the "if it' ain't black" thing...absolutely not! Show it a picture of another naked cow. Just enough to get it hot.

Today I signed a new client that's putting his steak marinade on the market. I"ll let you know what it is in a few weeks. :rolleyes:

No, really. It's good stuff. You'll want some. :dunno:

Once again I have to swoop in and save another food thread.

Tiny bit of butter

Squeeze fresh oranges juice

Chipolte

Put this into a ziplock bag with the steak overnight. Don't worry the orange won't make the steak taste like fruit, for you homophobes.

Cook the steak on over properly done charcoal. Towards completion (medium rare) sprinkle some crushed red pepper and sea salt (the large pcs) over the top. Serve with saut onions and mushrooms.

Drink with a glass of Cab Sav, I like a 2002 early harvest myself from Two Mountain Winery in Zillah, Washington.

Trust me fellas, I would not let you down on this one.

But the "if it' ain't black" thing...absolutely not! Show it a picture of another naked cow. Just enough to get it hot.

Undercooked steaks are for queers.

HTH.

soy sauce 2 parts

red wine vinegar 1 part

couple scoops of grey poupon

chopped garlic

stir it up. let sit 45 min-2hrs

thank me later

that'll ruin a good steak. :dunno:

Typically I don't marinate ribeyes or fillets.

When I make kabob, I do the following:

2 C white wine

3/4 C soy sauce

1 jar fresh crushed garlic

1 tsp black pepper

1/8 tsp white pepper

2 hearty squirts of Sirachi sauce (that vietnamese sh!t with the rooster on it) for heat

1 diced red onion

2 tsp coleman's dry mustard

Makes a b!tchin teryaki. :thumbsdown:

For a simple and quick marinade

1 flat dark beer

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp coleman's dry mustard

pinch of salt

couple of cloves of garlic, crushed

Pour the beer into a ziplock baggy, dump in the steak, add the other ingredients, seal and it's ready in as little as 30 mins.

Typically I don't marinate ribeyes or fillets.

When I make kabob, I do the following:

2 C white wine

3/4 C soy sauce

1 jar fresh crushed garlic

1 tsp black pepper

1/8 tsp white pepper

2 hearty squirts of Sirachi sauce (that vietnamese sh!t with the rooster on it) for heat

1 diced red onion

2 tsp coleman's dry mustard

Makes a b!tchin teryaki. :thumbsdown:

For a simple and quick marinade

1 flat dark beer

1 tsp black pepper

1 tsp coleman's dry mustard

pinch of salt

couple of cloves of garlic, crushed

Pour the beer into a ziplock baggy, dump in the steak, add the other ingredients, seal and it's ready in as little as 30 mins.

See, this I can agree with, Marinade the fock out of a cheap arse sirlion.. Leave the good steaks alone.

If you like teriyaki steak, try Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki. Stuff is awesome, way better than reular teriyaki.

Other than that, anything more than garlic, olive oil and Montreal will kill a steak. Ketchsup, PUKE!

As for cooking, wipe his butt and walk him in here, anything else is over done!

Undercooked steaks are for queers.

HTH.

Rarely felt compelled to tell anyone on these boreds that they're azzholes, but you just qualified.

HTH.

Expected better from you.

If you like teriyaki steak, try Kikkoman Roasted Garlic Teriyaki. Stuff is awesome, way better than reular teriyaki.

Other than that, anything more than garlic, olive oil and Montreal will kill a steak. Ketchsup, PUKE!

As for cooking, wipe his butt and walk him in here, anything else is over done!

Olive oil I can live with, leave the montreal sh!t off as well. :wacko:

Rarely felt compelled to tell anyone on these boreds that they're azzholes, but you just qualified.

HTH.

Expected better from you.

I've been called white trash, a doosh, and and now an azzhole. All in one day. And I can't argue any of these truisms.

Seems like the Great Steak Debate definitely brings out emotions in people.

:wacko: