Sign in to follow this  
Gepetto

Matt Schaub traded to the Houston Texans

:o

(((((Paging Scott Mitchell))))) Please pick up a Houston Texan white courtesy phone.

(((((Paging Scott Mitchell))))) Please pick up a Houston Texan white courtesy phone.

Shaub's the most overhyped back-up QB since the Lame Lefty. How a guy with Schaub's stats garner as much attention as he has is beyond me.

I'm not saying he won't succeed, but he's done NOTHING to warrant the constant manlove he receives.

:doublethumbsup:

Shaub's the most overhyped back-up QB since the Lame Lefty. How a guy with Schaub's stats garner as much attention as he has is beyond me.

I'm not saying he won't succeed, but he's done NOTHING to warrant the constant manlove he receives.

I agree with this for the most part. Giving up their high 2nd plus more? How bad do they look for not taking Vince Young now?

Stupid. They're gonna suck again.

I don't think Schaub has ever won a game he has started in his career.

0-2

1033yds 6 TD and 6 int on career

298yds and 3 TDs were in one game

Sweet! Leaves the door open for the Vikings to get Carr on the cheap to start for at least a couple of years.

Mr. Carr, I'd like to introduce you to your offensive line. I think you'll be getting along just fine.

Does this mean Carr is out or are the texans just adding depth?

they are shopping Carr now that they have someone to take over the starter role...

wonder what they're going to get for him... think someone would pay may for Matt Schaub than David Carr? between the two, i would have to think Carr would at least still garner more interest...

i'm also interested to know who ATL brings in as the backup... maybe Vick's cousin Aaron Brooks...

Compensation:

Matt Schaub - QB - Falcons

In exchange for Matt Schaub, FoxSports.com reports that Houston will send a 2007 second-round pick, a 2008 second-round pick, and swap positions (No. 8 for No. 10) in the first round of this year's draft.

This deal just got a whole lot riskier for Houston. Schaub is a great quarterback prospect but ultimately has a 6.4 yards-per-attempt average, with only six touchdowns and six picks in his NFL career. The amount of compensation makes him the overwhelming favorite to start in Houston next year. Sorry, Sage. Mar. 21 - 2:18 p.m. ET

Source: FoxSports.com

Compensation:

In exchange for Matt Schaub, FoxSports.com reports that Houston will send a 2007 second-round pick, a 2008 second-round pick, and swap positions (No. 8 for No. 10) in the first round of this year's draft.

This deal just got a whole lot riskier for Houston. Schaub is a great quarterback prospect but ultimately has a 6.4 yards-per-attempt average, with only six touchdowns and six picks in his NFL career. The amount of compensation makes him the overwhelming favorite to start in Houston next year. Sorry, Sage. Mar. 21 - 2:18 p.m. ET

atlanta now has more than enough ammo to comfortably trade up and go after cj if they want.

atlanta now has more than enough ammo to comfortably trade up and go after cj if they want.

all of that from a 3rd round pick in the form of Shaub.

Ohhh...that would be good!

Sweet! Leaves the door open for the Vikings to get Carr on the cheap to start for at least a couple of years.

Mr. Carr, I'd like to introduce you to your offensive line. I think you'll be getting along just fine.

Oh...are you in for a big surprise.

Here's hoping Schaub gets a chance to shine in Houston.

This coming from a UVa fan.

:thumbsdown:

Oh...are you in for a big surprise.

yeah, they could have gotten joey even cheaper--the other other white meat qb of that draft :thumbsdown:

Compensation:

Wow. Atlanta took Houston to the cleaners. Great trade for Atlanta and now they may try to package to move up to #2 or even #1 to get Charles Johnson as Swamp Dog mentioned.

Wow. It is my opinion that Houston will remain a bad team in 07. :thumbsdown:

a Falcons fan just called and asked if they could trade 3rd rounders...like a punter or something to the texans every year....

Wow. Atlanta took Houston to the cleaners.

I gotta agree and that was before the rest of the trade was announced. :thumbsdown:

Compensation:

That is just stunning to me. Congrats ATL. Houston looks like they just grabbed their ankles and ATL didn't even leave a breath mint on the pillow in return.

Houston will thrive with Schaub and at the end of the season you will ralize how badly the Texans took ATL to the cleaners. ATL will continue their sucky ways with vick and NO viable alternative behind him.

The Texans will go 8-8 or better with Schaub/Sage. THAT would be an impossible task with carr. So I would say, their trade was a good move.

Mr. Schaub welcome to a world of pain. You are going to learn what it is like to get sacked a record amount of times. Ouch that one hurt. Oh where did he come from. Yikes, blam they sure are getting to me fast. Why can't my Oline block a damn person? I can't keep throwing to Andre Johnson b/c he's triple teamed every play b/c we don't have a legit #2 wr. Ron Dayne better be a monster next year.

Houston will thrive with Schaub and at the end of the season you will ralize how badly the Texans took ATL to the cleaners. ATL will continue their sucky ways with vick and NO viable alternative behind him.

The Texans will go 8-8 or better with Schaub/Sage. THAT would be an impossible task with carr. So I would say, their trade was a good move.

:cheers:

Cheers to you. You are a very loyal fan. I wasn't sure any of them existed anymore.

Mr. Carr, I'd like to introduce you to AN offensive line. I think you'll be getting along just fine.

Fixed it for you.

SKOL :cheers:

David Carr a Raider. From the area, grew up a fan, Tom Cable shuffles the o-line, starts Newberry, trades Moss for a 2nd rounder, draft Calvin Johnson, Jordan-Rhodes combo. I really can see this happening. Al rarely drafts a 1st round QB (only once with Marinovich).

Mr. Schaub welcome to a world of pain. You are going to learn what it is like to get sacked a record amount of times. Ouch that one hurt. Oh where did he come from. Yikes, blam they sure are getting to me fast. Why can't my Oline block a damn person? I can't keep throwing to Andre Johnson b/c he's triple teamed every play b/c we don't have a legit #2 wr. Ahman Green better be a monster next year.

Fixed

Mr. Schaub welcome to a world of pain. You are going to learn what it is like to get sacked a record amount of times. Ouch that one hurt. Oh where did he come from. Yikes, blam they sure are getting to me fast. Why can't my Oline block a damn person? I can't keep throwing to Andre Johnson b/c he's triple teamed every play b/c we don't have a legit #2 wr. Ron Dayne better be a monster next year.

Really????

Explaing this then.

Same game: Carr zero TD's, 5 sacks, Sage R. 3 TD,s ZERO sacks.

I already know. IT was carr, not the o-line. There will be no pain. Carr can't read a D among other faults.

Any chance Atlanta turns that 2nd rounder into Michael Turner? It seems to fit.

Doubt it....Highly doubt it.

actually espn has been reporting that it's the 1st round swap, a 2nd rounder and a 2nd rounder next year as well, conditional on shaub

signing a longterm deal which looks like it will happen.

Doubt it....Highly doubt it.

Why? They're saying Atlanta wants a power runner for their new blocking scheme, and there are reports SD would trade Turner for a high 2nd rounder.

Think he'd cost too much money?

I'm guessing that Atlanta is getting some ammo to try and move up to #2 for CJ

Could be a good move by Houston, but can Schaub play with a craptastic offensive line? He might be better than Carr, but they still need a hecka lot more than a QB to make a respectable squad.