Sign in to follow this  
Mrsteak21

Virginia quashed bill allowing handguns on campuses

Think about if a few qualified people were packing, this nut wouldnt have been able to kill 33+ people. Someone who is aiming to kill some people aren't going to look at the on campus gun ban....it will be ignored and then the innocents will have no ability to protect themselves. I bet the Viginia Tech spokesman quoted in this article feels like crap....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=55226

Think about if a few qualified people were packing, this nut wouldnt have been able to kill 33+ people. Someone who is aiming to kill some people aren't going to look at the on campus gun ban....it will be ignored and then the innocents will have no ability to protect themselves. I bet the Viginia Tech spokesman quoted in this article feels like crap....

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=55226

Title got cut off but second part says: "Tech spokesman celebrated 2006 defeat because it would help make campus safe"

I remember college (vaguely), I'm not so sure I'd want me and mine to be packing heat. :(

getting that bullet out of your shirt pocket would have given everyone a chance to slap you silly and take your weapon before you hurt yourself wiffle. Gun control laws only control a needed response to a criminal with a gun...when will we ever learn.

Think about if a few qualified people were packing, this nut wouldnt have been able to kill 33+ people.

Actually, I am in 100% agreement with this statement.

One of my 1st thoughts was, "man, how is it that no one in that dorm shot that focker before he could walk across campus to shoot 30 more people 2 hours later?!?"

Every year violent crimed are prevented by law abiding gun owners. Of course those rarely make the news. :(

Wasn't this done in classrooms? You seriously think college kids should be bringing guns to class? :(

Jesus. Some of you watch too many Westerns. This was a focking tragedy. Wait a day or two to make these asinine posts.

How about Professors?

If every household in my community had a tripod-mount 50-caliber machine gun mounted in an upstairs bedroom window, I'd consider it one of the safest in the country.

:(

Wasn't this done in classrooms? You seriously think college kids should be bringing guns to class? :(

Jesus. Some of you watch too many Westerns. This was a focking tragedy. Wait a day or two to make these asinine posts.

You may not like the timing of the post, but the substance of it is 100% correct.

Studies indicate that firearms are used more than 2 million times a year for personal protection, and that the presence of a firearm, without a shot being fired, prevents crime in many instances. Shooting usually can be justified only where crime constitutes an immediate, imminent threat to life, limb, or, in some cases, property. Anyone is free to quote or reproduce these accounts, which are condensed from individual newspaper clippings sent to:

“The Armed Citizen,”

11250 Waples Mill Road, Fairfax, VA 22030-9400.

Kansas’ concealed carry law took effect January 1, 2007. On January 19, two armed men burst into a gas station owned by Dean Yee. According to police, they twice demanded money from Yee while holding him at gunpoint. A customer inside the store, however, had a concealed-carry permit. He shouted for the robbers to drop their weapons. When they refused, he shot one suspect before the other fled. Station owner Yee feels lucky to be alive. “I would have been shot in the chest,” he told 27 News. Kansas Sen. Phil Journey, (R-Haysville) added, “Hopefully this will put other criminals and thugs on notice that Kansas is a different state today

than it was just 20 days ago.” (The Topeka Capital-Journal, Topeka, KS, 01/23/07)

Raymond Hill’s 12-year-old daughter woke him up with startling news: two people were trying to break into their home. Police say Hill loaded a .40-caliber handgun and went downstairs, where he saw one of the suspects removing a screen from the rear window. The suspect continued trying to break in, and Hill shot and killed him. Police nabbed the second suspect as he attempted to flee on a bicycle. (Las Vegas Review-Journal, Las Vegas, NV, 01/24/07)

Isaac Wilson pulled over to take a cell phone call when a career criminal approached. The man pointed from inside his clothes with what Wilson thought was a gun. He then told Wilson to get out of the car. They traded places, and then Wilson ordered the carjacker to get out. Police say the carjacker rushed toward Wilson acting as though he had a weapon. “That’s why I pulled my gun,” says Wilson. He shot his assailant once. The suspect was listed in fair condition at the hospital. (WTHR13 News, Indianapolis, IN, 01/26/07)

When two armed men approached a residence and flashed a handgun, the fearful person inside let them in. The resident’s compliance only emboldened the intruders. Police say a shot rang out, and a relative in an upstairs apartment hurried down with a rifle. He shot both suspects, killing one and causing the other to flee. The wounded suspect was apprehended at the hospital. Authorities in Schenectady, N.Y., say it was the fourth case in two months in which a would-be victim shot an intruder. (Albany Times Union, Albany, NY, 01/20/07)

Police say a man and a woman were getting into their car outside a Wal-Mart when an attacker shoved a pistol into the man’s stomach and demanded the keys. The woman pulled a pistol from the glove box and fired five shots at the carjacker, who dropped his pistol and ran away. He was arrested at a hospital where he sought treatment for a gunshot wound. “We’re kind of hailing (the man and woman) as heroes,” said Richland County, S.C., Sheriff Leon Lott. The suspect stands accused of committing nine additional armed robberies in less than a month. (The State, Columbia, SC, 01/17/07)

The safety of his mother and nephew was all 22-year-old Phillip Mendoza could think about after six armed men invaded their home. Mendoza snuck into a bedroom and grabbed a shotgun. “I knew they had my mom with a gun and my little nephew,” he recalls. Police say one of the intruders kicked open the bedroom door and Mendoza fired a load of buckshot, critically injuring the suspect. Then another intruder appeared in the doorway and Mendoza fired again, killing one of the men. The other intruders and the wounded suspect fled. Two were apprehended. (The Tucson Citizen, Tucson, AZ, 01/04/07)

Sonya Dople and her boyfriend, Charles Green, were getting ready for dinner when two masked men burst inside with a BB gun. Police say the men held the gun to Dople’s head and forced her to the ground. That’s when Green came around the corner, pointing his gun at the intruders and demanding their departure. When they refused, he shot one of the suspects and they fled the home. “If we hadn’t had the gun and [Green] hadn’t done that … we could’ve been dead today,” said Dople. (WATE6 News, Knoxville,

http://www.nrapublications.org/armed%20citizen/Index.asp

In 1966 the police in Orlando, Florida, responded to a rape epidemic by embarking on a highly publicized program to train 2,500 women in firearm use. The next year rape fell by 88 percent in Orlando (the only major city to experience a decrease that year); burglary fell by 25 percent. Not one of the 2,500 women actually ended up firing her weapon; the deterrent effect of the publicity sufficed. Five years later Orlando's rape rate was still 13 percent below the pre-program level, whereas the surrounding standard metropolitan area had suffered a 308 percent increase.[

Guest Davaco

iam sure 20 year old kids pack heat

iam sure 20 year old kids pack heat
oh god...that misses the point by light years. Do you libs EVAH deal with reality or is it always pre-packaged politically correct nonsense? 30+ dead because not a single law abiding person had a weapon on this safe "gun free" campus. WAKE UP.

oh god...that misses the point by light years. Do you libs EVAH deal with reality or is it always pre-packaged politically correct nonsense? 30+ dead because not a single law abiding person had a weapon on this safe "gun free" campus. WAKE UP.

First off, im pretty sure people that are against gun control and for concealed carry are not libs. Second, if there were a few faculty, professors, security etc. that had guns this punk would not have made it out of the dormatory all the way across campus and then into a classroom to blow 20+ people away. Someone would have taken him out or at least wounded him. If you cant understand this i give up....there are countless stats posted in this very thread that you must "pass over". You must ignore anything you dont agree with.

Gun laws do two things very well: 1) Make guns a commodity for which illegal activity is often derived, and 2) ensure those who are willing to illegally access those guns are better able to kill since lawful citizens arent carrying them

Wasn't this done in classrooms? You seriously think college kids should be bringing guns to class? :wacko:

I believe YOU watch too many westerns. They wouldnt have two hip holsters with loaded 44 magnums and a belt full of bullets. Just a compact glock or j-frame 38 would suffice. They can be carried in purses or booksacks. Its another tool like mace but with much greater accuracy and distance. Anyone 18 or over should have the right to protect themselves.

As we have seen time and time again, the police are ALWAYS too late.....do to no fault of their own, they are limited by the speed of communication and the fog of the situation.

The bottom line is we are the ONLY ones who can defend ourselves perfectly, its how it always has been and always will be. The difference between how safe we FEEL, and how safe we actually are are light years apart. I make my decisions based on the second part of my previous sentence. Nobody will ever catch me sleeping.....so to speak...unless of course im actually sleeping then Ill admit, Im probably dead. :wacko:

GB cops... but they cannot protect us. Cops exist to deal with crime after it happens... at BEST when the commission of a crime is underway. They are not our bodyguards.

I couldn't care less if people are double-strapped with .44s and a full ammo belt openly. If everyone law-abiding citizen did... I'd feel pretty focking safe.

Think about if a few qualified people were packing, this nut wouldnt have been able to kill 33+ people. Someone who is aiming to kill some people aren't going to look at the on campus gun ban....it will be ignored and then the innocents will have no ability to protect themselves.

:dunno:

Gun laws do two things very well: 1) Make guns a commodity for which illegal activity is often derived, and 2) ensure those who are willing to illegally access those guns are better able to kill since lawful citizens arent carrying them

:cry:

Acreed.

Anyone who really wants a gun can get one. Keeping them accessable to law abiding citizens will make criminals think twice before robbing homes.

having a ccw is nice...but taking it to class? can't imagine i'd even consider that.

besides I already had a gun that was going off all the time in college, getting me in trouble