Sign in to follow this  
Guest RenoZ

Nice run in the UFC, Mirko.

I can't believe he was able to walk after his leg got bent back like that. Couture is going to have his hands full.

Guest RenoZ
Couture is going to have his hands full.

Did you hear Couture predict the Gonzaga win before the fight and actually say that he would rather fight Cro Cop? After this, I couldn't agree more.

Wow.

I can't believe he was able to walk after his leg got bent back like that.

I had one helluva time watching that for the third through sixteenth time that they replayed it.

I am in complete shock right now. :(

Cro Cop just got owned. One big upset after another in UFC lately. Hell, Bispig nearly focked up his fight.

I really thought Cro Cop wasn't going to get up from that high kick. Holy crap!

Gonzaga shocks the world!

The guy getting choked unconscious was pretty insane as well since he was in total control of the fight up to that point. Dana White has to be thinking about the gem he gave away for free (thanks Dana) and wondering what the fock to do with Cro Cop now.

That was focking insane. He had no clue that kick was coming (excellent planning on Gonzaga's corner). Gonzaga dominated the fight but it's gonna be easy to root against him. He seems like a crazy jerk-off.

I didn't even know there was some big UFC whoop-tee-do last night, and I happened to stumble upon it and got hooked. The wife hung with me for about 25 seconds and then took her book and went up to bed.

:cheers:

No it was on Spike tv for free last night.

really a live ufc made cable? :headbanger:

really a live ufc made cable? :headbanger:

It wasn't "live". It was from England on tape delay. I'm guessing that's why it was free but not sure.

It wasn't "live". It was from England on tape delay. I'm guessing that's why it was free but not sure.

pride and ufc repeats are shown on cable. how long was the tape delay? :headbanger:

pride and ufc repeats are shown on cable. how long was the tape delay? :headbanger:

A few hours I'd guess. That's why I'm not sure if it's the reason it was free. There's one from Ireland in June. It'll be interesting to see if that one's free as well. Oh, and they just cut a deal with HBO so they should start showing up on HBO this summer some time.

A few hours I'd guess. That's why I'm not sure if it's the reason it was free. There's one from Ireland in June. It'll be interesting to see if that one's free as well. Oh, and they just cut a deal with HBO so they should start showing up on HBO this summer some time.

sweet.

a far cry from the early 90's when that shiit was borderline illeagle.

a far cry from the early 90's when that shiit was borderline illeagle.

Yup. I was a big fan then too. I was worried as they started implementing rule changes meant to appease those trying to make the sport illegal that it would lose it's essence and become not much more than glorified boxing. It think they've hit the perfect balance of rules to legitimize the sport while keeping the facets that make it so enjoyable and exciting.

Yup. I was a big fan then too. I was worried as they started implementing rule changes meant to appease those trying to make the sport illegal that it would lose it's essence and become not much more than glorified boxing. It think they've hit the perfect balance of rules to legitimize the sport while keeping the facets that make it so enjoyable and exciting.

is was so bummed when royce gracie got clobbered. :mad:

he was my hero. :blink:

That was focking insane. He had no clue that kick was coming (excellent planning on Gonzaga's corner). Gonzaga dominated the fight but it's gonna be easy to root against him. He seems like a crazy jerk-off.

I think he had no clue it was coming because he was only half conscious from that beating he took on the ground. If the ref hadn't brought them back to their feet, he would have been done there.

Arlovski showed nothing last night as well. He'll be lucky if he gets on another card. Maybe they throw him against Cro Cop?

I was shocked by Grice's loss too as he was dominating that fight.

Decent card overall. I wouldn't have been too happy had I paid for it.

That was one hell of a kick, surprising too cause I wouldn't of thought that guy would have had the flexibility neccessary to do that.

Really surprised the Oklahoma wrestler went out in the first round. He looked to have gone unconsious twice, looked like he was out on his feet and just managed to pull his head out of the choke right as he was going nite-nite.

Can't remember his name, the French kick boxer, great strikes, too bad his ground game & ground defense was about the worst ever. Had that other guy had any offensive ability on the ground that fight would of been over in the first round.

Bisping(sp?) is an animal, great conditioning, he needs to be a little bit more aware when he's ground and pounding, almost lost that fight by leaving that arm out.

That was one hell of a kick, surprising too cause I wouldn't of thought that guy would have had the flexibility neccessary to do that.

Really surprised the Oklahoma wrestler went out in the first round. He looked to have gone unconsious twice, looked like he was out on his feet and just managed to pull his head out of the choke right as he was going nite-nite.

Can't remember his name, the French kick boxer, great strikes, too bad his ground game & ground defense was about the worst ever. Had that other guy had any offensive ability on the ground that fight would of been over in the first round.

Bisping(sp?) is an animal, great conditioning, he needs to be a little bit more aware when he's ground and pounding, almost lost that fight by leaving that arm out.

The ref was terrible in the wrestler match.... also with bisping was beating that guy, that match could have been stopped in the 1st round. The Bisping match was a terrible mismatch set up for the home town guy.

The ref was terrible in the wrestler match.... also with bisping was beating that guy, that match could have been stopped in the 1st round. The Bisping match was a terrible mismatch set up for the home town guy.

Agreed about the Bisping match, but he's still pretty new to the UCF, not like he's going to get a high ranked match at this point, though he might now.

Why did you think the ref was terrible in the wrestler match?

Can't recall precisely, I remember thinking the ref in the French guy match was standing them up too quickly, at one point, he stepped in to cut some tape off the gloves and then stood them up, instead of making them go back to previous position. Not that the guy was really taking much advantage of the position, but still, he had side control a number of times, thought the ref should of given him more time to see what he might do.

Agreed about the Bisping match, but he's still pretty new to the UCF, not like he's going to get a high ranked match at this point, though he might now.

Why did you think the ref was terrible in the wrestler match?

Can't recall precisely, I remember thinking the ref in the French guy match was standing them up too quickly, at one point, he stepped in to cut some tape off the gloves and then stood them up, instead of making them go back to previous position. Not that the guy was really taking much advantage of the position, but still, he had side control a number of times, thought the ref should of given him more time to see what he might do.

Because he was out cold the first time ---- (when the Britsh guy had the standing g-choke in) His eyes rolled in the back of his head. :pointstosky: That is why he went to the ground, but his sort of came back to and out of instinct grabbed the leg where he finally got choked out. Big John would have stopped it correctly at the first choke.

The French guy ? are you talking about the big black guy Congo (sp)? That was an OK kind of match, but I agree there was a stand up that was done that shouldn't have, but for the most part that was a decently officiated match.

Bisbing could have had a tougher opponent. He is 13-0 and "the ultimate figher" ;)

Because he was out cold the first time ---- (when the Britsh guy had the standing g-choke in) His eyes rolled in the back of his head. :pointstosky: That is why he went to the ground, but his sort of came back to and out of instinct grabbed the leg where he finally got choked out. Big John would have stopped it correctly at the first choke.

The French guy ? are you talking about the big black guy Congo (sp)? That was an OK kind of match, but I agree there was a stand up that was done that shouldn't have, but for the most part that was a decently officiated match.

Bisbing could have had a tougher opponent. He is 13-0 and "the ultimate figher" ;)

Yeah, I saw the out cold in that match, but I think the ref's angle was bad at the time, that's why he didn't stop it, or at least why I thought he didn't stop it.

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be overly entertained looking at the card, but some pretty decent matches & exciting matches.

Yeah, I saw the out cold in that match, but I think the ref's angle was bad at the time, that's why he didn't stop it, or at least why I thought he didn't stop it.

Honestly, I didn't think I was going to be overly entertained looking at the card, but some pretty decent matches & exciting matches.

I agree that card was weak but it ended up being ok.

If you think about the commercials for it on Spike all they would say about the Bis match is he had a home town match, they never even mentioned that he was fighting "Elvis" who was 8-9.

The fight was supposted to be live also, but as said before in previous posts, it had to be on a tape delay. England is what 5-6 hours a head of Eastern time? The the show didn't start until 9:00pm est. If it was "live" the fights were at 2 or 3 am local time.

It was Good for Free, but my biggest complaint was soooooo many focking commercials. :pointstosky:

Guest RenoZ
It was Good for Free, but my biggest complaint was soooooo many focking commercials. :banana:

Yep and they were Girls Gone Wild commercials every damn time. My 14 year old had a chubby the whole time. I could do without "that type" of commercial during a prime time event when the wife and kids are walking around.

Wow! Gonzaga must have been a huge underdog, and came up big against Mirko. A back leg roundkick that landed flush. I'd still take Mirko if they fought again, but impressive none the less. :blink:

Guest RenoZ
I'd still take Mirko if they fought again, but impressive none the less. :blink:

Ya, uh, I don't think I would. Gonzaga pounded him down on the ground and kicked his @ss (and head) on their feet. Vegas surely wouldn't bet it the same!

If you're in the fight game long enough, you're going to get knocked out. Mirko is a complete fighter, not to say Gonzaga isn't either, but I'd still lay the cash on Mirko.

Yep and they were Girls Gone Wild commercials every damn time.

What really sucked is they would accidentally put stars and the GGW logo over the "ladies" good parts, you couldn't even see anything. :thumbsdown:

Guest RenoZ

If you're in the fight game long enough, you're going to get knocked out. Mirko is a complete fighter, not to say Gonzaga isn't either, but I'd still lay the cash on Mirko.

I would have agreed with this if not for the fact that he got beaten for FIVE minutes before the final KO. It wasn't hardly the one lucky punch that put him out.

I was talking to a buddy on the phone during the fight and we were bitching about the ref bringing them back to their feet with 30 seconds left. We thought it was a major advantage for Cro Cop and, then, Wham-OOOOOOOO.

He got beat soundly in every aspect of that fight. I see the same thing if they fought again.

I would have agreed with this if not for the fact that he got beaten for FIVE minutes before the final KO. It wasn't hardly the one lucky punch that put him out.

I was talking to a buddy on the phone during the fight and we were bitching about the ref bringing them back to their feet with 30 seconds left. We thought it was a major advantage for Cro Cop and, then, Wham-OOOOOOOO.

He got beat soundly in every aspect of that fight. I see the same thing if they fought again.

I didn't say it was lucky, it was a great shot without question. I don't think Cro Cop gets hit with the same shot twice. I've seen Cro Cop take a beating and still win fights. I wouldn't exactly call what Gonzaga did prior to the KO "soundly beating" Cro Cop, but he was in dominant position throughout the round. I'd have liked to see his stamina and some of his ground skills before making judgement on this guy. Impressive fight though!

Guest RenoZ
I wouldn't exactly call what Gonzaga did prior to the KO "soundly beating" Cro Cop, but he was in dominant position throughout the round.

Cro Cop threw ONE punch/kick in the entire fight. Gonzaga caught the kick and proceeded to take him to the ground. From there, he punched him (repeatedly) until the ref decided to bring them back up. Gonzaga was on the receiving end of a grand total of ZERO shots. That is a "sound beating", no? :thumbsup:

Cro Cop threw ONE punch/kick in the entire fight. Gonzaga caught the kick and proceeded to take him to the ground. From there, he punched him (repeatedly) until the ref decided to bring them back up. Gonzaga was on the receiving end of a grand total of ZERO shots. That is a "sound beating", no? :thumbsup:

NO! Bisping gave blondie a sound beating, despite almost getting caught in a kimura.

Encore tonight 8pm est....... :( :thumbsup:

Guest RenoZ

Encore tonight 8pm est....... :banana: :cheers:

Any word on the soft pron commercials every 4-6 minutes?

Yep and they were Girls Gone Wild commercials every damn time. My 14 year old had a chubby the whole time. I could do without "that type" of commercial during a prime time event when the wife and kids are walking around.

Acreed. My young kids (11/8/5) are all into UFC; thankfully they were all busy with our recently-acquired Wii and weren't watching the event with us. :cheers:

Guest RenoZ

Acreed. My young kids (11/8/5) are all into UFC; thankfully they were all busy with our recently-acquired Wii and weren't watching the event with us. :cheers:

Yup. Mine (14/9/4) were loving it until the younger girls had to see that commercial for about the 74th time. Your face can only turn red so many times before you just say "fock it."