Sign in to follow this  
GettnHuge

Super Mario Brothers - the perfect game

http://www.archive.org/details/Mario1_500

ridiculous! :( :clap:

------------------------------------------------------

Speed run of Super Mario Bros. done on April 10 2007. Available in five versions: low/normal quality DivX, and normal/high/low quality H.264 MPEG-4.

Author's comments:

I believe that this may be a perfect time by Speeddemosarchive's timing of Super Mario Bros. 1.

Scott's run made me decide to push this game to its limits. After seeing his near perfect run, I wanted to completely perfect the game. I give a lot of credit to Scott for achieving a run played perfectly (within the second) without the use of alternate pipe glitches and the walljump. Same goes for Trevor.

I hope you all enjoy this run. I've worked hard to make this possible. Thanks to everyone at SDA who supported me. I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.

http://www.archive.org/details/Mario1_500

ridiculous! :( :clap:

------------------------------------------------------

Speed run of Super Mario Bros. done on April 10 2007. Available in five versions: low/normal quality DivX, and normal/high/low quality H.264 MPEG-4.

Author's comments:

I believe that this may be a perfect time by Speeddemosarchive's timing of Super Mario Bros. 1.

Scott's run made me decide to push this game to its limits. After seeing his near perfect run, I wanted to completely perfect the game. I give a lot of credit to Scott for achieving a run played perfectly (within the second) without the use of alternate pipe glitches and the walljump. Same goes for Trevor.

I hope you all enjoy this run. I've worked hard to make this possible. Thanks to everyone at SDA who supported me. I'm sure you'll enjoy this one.

agreed that it's nuts... but i heard they "cheat" by doing it on a computer where you can save your direct position (at any point... even in the middle of a level..) so i don't think it was 1 solid run through... which would be insane

I believe this was played online, not on an emulator. This small group of virgins seem to be strict about doing it legit.

My dad was so focking cool. When we were kids, he'd scorekeep at all of our baseball games. He must have kept score at literally thousands of games. He'd do just about anything we asked him to do. When I was in HS, he took me to a ton of Nuggets games and then would take me to the Bennigans by our house afterwards. It would be midnight and I'm hanging out with my dad at a bar. I handwrote several papers in middle school and high school and he'd stay up half the night typing them out for me. When I sucked ass at basketball and couldn't make the HS team, he never missed any of my rec league games. Before he got sick, he'd hang out with my girlfriend and I and laugh his ass off watching Jackass.

He also was the 4th person in our family to beat Super Mario. My brothers and I all beat the game and my dad played it until he could beat it, too. When he made Mario jump, he'd lift the controller in the air as if it would help Mario get over the Koopas and the turtles. Our friends would watch him sit Indian-style on the floor, lifting the controller in the air to help Mario out, and laugh their asses off. But he didn't care. He learned to beat the game.

:cheers:

My dad was so focking cool. When we were kids, he'd scorekeep at all of our baseball games. He must have kept score at literally thousands of games. He'd do just about anything we asked him to do. When I was in HS, he took me to a ton of Nuggets games and then would take me to the Bennigans by our house afterwards. It would be midnight and I'm hanging out with my dad at a bar. I handwrote several papers in middle school and high school and he'd stay up half the night typing them out for me. When I sucked ass at basketball and couldn't make the HS team, he never missed any of my rec league games. Before he got sick, he'd hang out with my girlfriend and I and laugh his ass off watching Jackass.

He also was the 4th person in our family to beat Super Mario. My brothers and I all beat the game and my dad played it until he could beat it, too. When he made Mario jump, he'd lift the controller in the air as if it would help Mario get over the Koopas and the turtles. Our friends would watch him sit Indian-style on the floor, lifting the controller in the air to help Mario out, and laugh their asses off. But he didn't care. He learned to beat the game.

:blink:

amen to that... my dad never played too many video games, but when i was a kid he and my mom would play mario bros and other nintendo games with me. He also did the controller lift... he also had this funny thing he'd do whenever we'd play contra where he'd open his mouth when ever he'd shoot a gun...

my mom was all about kung fu

I call BS. That pipe is NOT how you get to the level 4-2 warp. Level 4-2 warp is before those pipes..you hit invisible coin blocks to reach those bricks in the air just after the elevators. One of those blocks has a vine that leads up to the level 4-2 warp. Also, they are definetly using an emulator which can easily be cracked.

Also, in the original NES version you could not jump like that over pirahna plants (barely grazing over them). Final clue is how the video hesitates for a second a couple of times (like it was being paused/restarted, etc).

Hah, once you get into world 8 he isnt even barely getting past the plants, he is going through the top of them.

I call BS. That pipe is NOT how you get to the level 4-2 warp. Level 4-2 warp is before those pipes..you hit invisible coin blocks to reach those bricks in the air just after the elevators. One of those blocks has a vine that leads up to the level 4-2 warp. Also, they are definetly using an emulator which can easily be cracked.

Also, in the original NES version you could not jump like that over pirahna plants (barely grazing over them). Final clue is how the video hesitates for a second a couple of times (like it was being paused/restarted, etc).

Hah, once you get into world 8 he isnt even barely getting past the plants, he is going through the top of them.

:blink: jealousy is an ugly thing :mad:

i played super mario world before super mario brothers and was kind of annoyed at the lack of graphics, but it was fun and i really didn't win the levels as easily as i thought i could.

i used to play with my little brother and daughter.

super nintendo>nintendo 64>gamecube

she wants a wii now....

i played super mario world before super mario brothers and was kind of annoyed at the lack of graphics, but it was fun and i really didn't win the levels as easily as i thought i could.

i used to play with my little brother and daughter.

super nintendo>nintendo 64>gamecube

she wants a wii now....

Super Mario World was far more fun for me personally.

well, we know what someone was doing while others were going to college, getting laid, getting a job, buying a house, and all that other stupid stuff. :mad: