Sign in to follow this  
Jetdoc

6th Annual Jetdoc Mock

Ladies and she-males, it's time for the 6th annual Jetdoc Mock, the first official "commentary" mock of the season.

The mock will be starting on Wednesday, May 30th at 10AM CST sharp this year, and if past trends hold true, it should end by Monday, June 4th.

As usual, the participants from last year have the first "crack" at the draft slots, but after that, it's basically up for grabs.

Here are the participants from last year and their current status:

ShaneFalco (IN for 2007)

Vikings4ever (IN for 2007)

Fumbleweed (IN for 2007)

NAn (IN for 2007)

remote controller (IN for 2007)

Fantasy King (IN for 2007)

Erb047 (IN for 2007)

Clash of the Titans (IN for 2007)

Da Bomb (IN for 2007)

thedanzone (IN for 2007)

Miller Time (IN for 2007)

JB

Just waiting on JB...anyone seen him around?

If you're in, please send me an e-mail to steven.dougherty@elpaso.com (with your FFtoday name, of course).

Also, if you're in, post here... http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=273212

...to make sure you have access to the Mocking Station.

Ladies and she-males, it's time for the 6th annual Jetdoc Mock, the first official "commentary" mock of the season.

The mock will be starting on Wednesday, May 30th at 8AM sharp this year, and if past trends hold true, it should end by Monday, June 4th.

As usual, the participants from last year have the first "crack" at the draft slots, but after that, it's basically up for grabs.

Here are the participants from last year and their current status:

ShaneFalco (IN for 2007)

Vikings4ever (IN for 2007)

Fumbleweed (IN for 2007)

NAn (IN for 2007)

remote controller (IN for 2007)

Fantasy King (IN for 2007)

Erb047 (IN for 2007)

Clash of the Titans (IN for 2007)

Da Bomb

thedanzone

JB

Miller Time

If one of the last four bows out, I'm in (of course). After that, I select from anyone else who is interested.

If you're in, please send me an e-mail to steven.dougherty@elpaso.com (with your FFtoday name, of course).

Also, if you're in, post here... http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=273212

...to make sure you have access to the Mocking Station.

just verifying that i am in for your mock and will take whatever draft position assigned....looks like we are going to have significant turnover in the IBL- think you may have time to get back in this year? B)

Confirming that I'm in......sounds like fun. :mad:

In and ready to go. :ninja:

you interested in playing in the IBL dude? :banana:

Looks like -jb- has been out for a while.

His profile says that he last posted at:

2nd January 2007 - 12:33 AM

I'll probably assume his position for now, but will bow out if he responds.

The only one I haven't heard back from other than -jb- is erb...but he posted in the other thread that he's in.

I'll post some draft orders tommorrow. Make sure you post in the other thread at the Mocking Station if you have a preference - otherwise, it'll be completely not random.

Jetdoc

JetDoc:

You should probably participate, but if you don't I am still very interested in joining this Mock. May 30th start is great for me so let me know if I am in or not. I would like to "re-connect" to the folks on this Board and this is a great way to do it, and it could help everyone early on this season.

Thanks for the consideration.

Robb

Maybe we could make you an alternate.........it's amazing how low your member # is! Why don't you post more??

:doublethumbsup:

I haven't posted more because I was a little self-conscious that what I had to say would not be important enough to anyone. Now, after a few Championships I think I can "play" with anyone and have stuff to offer. I am a hospital administrator and kinda got tired of all the hassels at work and when I get home, it was hard to get into it again!

That's my story, I feel more confident (I have to work on my Minnesota sarcasism tho) and willing to explain what I think these days.....so onward and upward!!

I have participated some, it's not like I've been silent. I am the one who updates the Defense By Committee spreadsheet every year and post it for everyone's enjoyment and use! Mike Sweeny developed it but I like to update the schedule and strength of schedule on it every year so it is more useful.

Maybe we could make you an alternate.........it's amazing how low your member # is! Why don't you post more??

Member number envy :doublethumbsup:

Member # check :banana:

You and I registered just days apart, with very close member numbers, yet I have 10k more posts :banana:

I am not sure what to do with that :doublethumbsup:

you interested in playing in the IBL dude? :banana:

Whats the details on that Clash? Not sure what it is.

ladies and she males...that is funny.

also a member # check

Hey guys -

Unfortunately I've got to work all next weekend (1st - 3rd). And while I'd be able to make picks Weds and Thurs, I think I'll take this opportunity to give someone else a spot in this years Mock.

I'll definitely be watching and making a couple posts on it Weds and Thurs, but the rest of the weekend I'll be working without internet access, so I don't want to hold things up.

So, if robb or someone would like, they may have my spot. :clap:

Sad to hear that, erb. Sounds like I'll give your spot to Robb if -jb- doesn't show up.

Robb - shoot me an e-mail to steven.dougherty@elpaso.com if you haven't done so already.

I'll start to set up the threads this weekend, set the draft order, etc. We'll officially start on Wednesday, but it's likely we'll get in a ton of picks on Tuesday.

I just sent Jet Doc an e-mail. I am already to go Wednesday. I will be gone Tuesday evening from 2 pm to 10 pm MDT, but if you don't start until Wednesday I am fine or I can pick once or twice on Tuesday still. Or, I can pre-draft for Tuesday if you do start early, but Wednesday is much better for me, let's see when you actually start tho!

Robb

check baby check :dunno:

I just sent Jet Doc an e-mail. I am already to go Wednesday. I will be gone Tuesday evening from 2 pm to 10 pm MDT, but if you don't start until Wednesday I am fine or I can pick once or twice on Tuesday still. Or, I can pre-draft for Tuesday if you do start early, but Wednesday is much better for me, let's see when you actually start tho!

Robb

Hey Robb, good to have you aboard.

FYI, from my experience in this thing, we'll likely have quite a few folks check in on Tues and be ready to get their picks in.

So, if you can...I would predraft a list of at least 1st rnd to Jetdoc.

Just a suggestion.

Thanks NAn, I will do a 1st round pre-draft if I haven't selected by 2 pm on Tuesday. Otherwise-it's on to Wednesday! It sure is an honor to be a participant and I only hope I can lend something valuable in return.

Whats the details on that Clash? Not sure what it is.

in a nutshell.....

The Interboard Challenge League is a competition between five message boards - FFToday.com, Footballguys.com, FFWarroom.com, TheHuddle.com and FantasySportsWire.com that is in its 6th year of existence.

Each board selects 12 members to participate in one massive 60 team league.

A quick rundown on how the league works:

--- There are 5 copies of every player in the NFL.

--- There are 5 drafts held, beginning usually in late July, early August and mid August. Each board has 2-3 of its members in each draft.

--- Once the drafts are completed, all 60 teams are combined into one massive league.

--- Each week, each participant submits ONE lineup for their team, and that lineup will be matched up with four other members of the four other boards. So, essentially, you are playing 4 head-to-head matchups each week.

In the end, there will be a determination as to which FFBoard "wins" the challenge by simply adding up the wins that each of its members recorded during the season.

The league is free, but requires a substantial time commitment. DO NOT UNDERESTIMATE THE TIME COMMITMENT REQUIRED FOR THIS LEAGUE. Besides drafting and submitting lineups, there is massive trade activity and waiver wire activity that occurs (I used to get 10+ trade offers per week). In addition, there is a ton of collaboration between members of the FFToday team for everything from player rankings to overall drafting strategy to trade evaluations.

looks like we are going to have a little more turnover than usual this year, so i am just trying to get the ball rolling for the team now

would love to see you throw your name in the hat fantasy king you's make a heckuva player :ninja:

The draft order has been set...

1.01 Vikings4ever

1.02 thedanzone

1.03 Fumbleweed

1.04 remote controller

1.05 Shane Falco

1.06 Clash of the Titans

1.07 Jetdoc

1.08 robb

1.09 Da Bomb

1.10 NAn

1.11 Miller Time 21

1.12 Fantasy King

The draft officially starts tommorrow at 10AM, but if you want to make some earlybird picks, go ahead. Here's the thread.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=273409

This mock is currently underway........in the 3rd round now.......in case anyone has an opinion or two to share.

Great mock so far. People that I thought (or hoped) would fall are not, which attests to the quality of the mockers.

I'd love to hear more input from the Board on it - it's going on in the Mocking Station.

Edit your original post and paste this at the top of the page!

1.01 Vikings4ever - LaDanian Tomlinson, RB SDC

1.02 thedanzone - Steven Jackson, RB STL

1.03 Fumbleweed - Larry Johnson, RB KCC

1.04 remote controller - Frank Gore, RB SFO

1.05 Shane Falco - Shaun Alexander, RB SEA

1.06 Clash of the Titans - Brian Westbrook, RB PHI

1.07 Jetdoc - Joseph Addai, RB IND

1.08 robb - Willie Parker, RB PIT

1.09 Da Bomb - Rudi Johnson, RB CIN

1.10 NAn - Laurence Maroney, RB NEP

1.11 Miller Time 21 - Willis McGahee, RB BAL

1.12 Fantasy King - Ronnie Brown, RB MIA

2.01 Fantasy King - Travis Henry, RB DEN

2.02 Miller Time 21 - Chad Johnson, WR CIN

2.03 NAn - Edgerrin James, RB ARI

2.04 Da Bomb - Clinton Portis, RB WAS

2.05 robb - Peyton Manning, QB IND

2.06 Jetdoc - Steve Smith, WR CAR

2.07 CooooooooooooT - Terrell Owens, WR DAL

2.08 Shane Falco - Reggie Bush, RB NOS

2.09 remote controller - Maurice Jones-Drew, RB JAX

2.10 Fumbleweed - Marvin Harrison, WR IND

2.11 thedanzone - Thomas Jones, RB NYJ

2.12 Vikings4ever - Torry Holt, WR STL

3.01 Vikings4ever - Cedric Benson, RB CHI

3.02 thedanzone - Reggie Wayne, WR IND

3.03 Fumbleweed - Carson Palmer, QB CIN

3.04 remote controller - Larry Fitzgerald, WR ARI

3.05 Shane Falco - Roy Williams, WR DET

3.06 Clash of the Titans - Deuce McAllister, RB

3.07 Jetdoc - Anquan Boldin, WR ARI

3.08 robb - Cadillac Williams, RB TBB

3.09 Da Bomb - Javon Walker, WR DEN

3.10 NAn - Donald Driver, WR GBP

3.11 Miller Time 21 - Brandon Jacobs, RB NYG

3.12 Fantasy King - TJ Houshmanzadeh, WR CIN

4.01 Fantasy King - Tom Brady, QB NEP

4.02 Miller Time 21 - Andre Johnson, WR HOU

4.03 NAn - Lee Evans, WR BUF

4.04 Da Bomb - Marques Colston, WR NOS

4.05 robb - Antonio Gates, WR SDC

4.06 Jetdoc - Marshawn Lynch, RB BUF

4.07 CooooooooooooT - Plaxico Burress, WR NYG

4.08 Shane Falco - Randy Moss, WR NEP

4.09 remote controller - Drew Brees, QB NOS

4.10 Fumbleweed - Marion Barber III, RB DAL

4.11 thedanzone - Hines Ward, WR PIT

4.12 Vikings4ever - Jamal Lewis, RB CLE

5.01 Vikings4ever - Darrell Jackson, WR SFO

5.02 thedanzone - Laverneous Coles, WR NYJ

5.03 Fumbleweed - Adrian Peterson, RB MIN

5.04 remote controller - Ahman Green, RB HOU

5.05 Shane Falco - Donovan McNabb, QB PHI

5.06 Clash of the Titans - DeAngelo Williams, RB CAR

5.07 Jetdoc - Marc Bulger, QB STL

5.08 robb - Jerious Norwood, RB ATL

5.09 Da Bomb - Julius Jones, RB DAL

5.10 NAn - Tatum Bell, RB DET

5.11 Miller Time 21 -

5.12 Fantasy King -

Things that I've noticed from the first three rounds:

Manning going in the 2nd round? Manning has been a first round pick in my league for at least the past 3 years. I'd guess that's the case in a lot of leagues.... no?

Jones-Drew went in the 2nd round? I bet Remote Control could easily have waited til the third and he'd still have been available.

No WRs taken in the 1st round and no TEs taken in the first 3 rounds? That's somewhat unusual.

Surprising to see McNabb fall to the 4th round.

Interesting to see Reggie Bush go early in the 2nd. I guess this is ppr scoring? I still think that's a bit early.

Look at old Cadillac. From late first round last year to mid third round this year. How the mighty have fallen.

.......................................................................................................................................................

My favorite teams thus far:

Da Bomb - Rudi and Portis are studs. I love that RB corps. Personally I would have preferred Donald Driver over Javon Walker in the 3rd, but whatever.

Vikings4ever - except I think he could have done better than Benson with that 3rd round pick. I would have taken another elite WR there.

Fumbleweed - LJ and Harrison were excellent picks. Then he took a chance on Palmer. I think Fitzgerald would have made more sense. That's a pretty high pick for Palmer IMO.

Manning going in the 2nd round? Manning has been a first round pick in my league for at least the past 3 years. I'd guess that's the case in a lot of leagues.... no?

No WRs taken in the 1st round and no TEs taken in the first 3 rounds? That's somewhat unusual.

Surprising to see McNabb fall to the 4th round.

Interesting to see Reggie Bush go early in the 2nd. I guess this is ppr scoring? I still think that's a bit early.

Vikings4ever - except I think he could have done better than Benson with that 3rd round pick. I would have taken another elite WR there.

1. This has historically been a mock that has QBs going late. FFT has a lot of vets that agree with the QB late mentality.

2. No standout #1 receiver, but a bunch of top WRs that are roughly equal. In this mock, TEs aren't required, they're lumped with WRs.

3. See #1.

4.No PPR.

5. I considered going Wayne or Fitzgerald at 3.01, but decided I'd like the crop of WRs at the 4.12/5.01 turn a hell of a lot better than the RBs that would be there.

4.No PPR.

5. I considered going Wayne or Fitzgerald at 3.01, but decided I'd like the crop of WRs at the 4.12/5.01 turn a hell of a lot better than the RBs that would be there.

4. Then taking Bush that early makes absolutely no sense to me.

5. I hear ya. What RBs did you project to be at 4.12/5.01 ? I'm guessing it was RBs like Brandon Jacobs, Jamal Lewis, and Duece McCallister? So the question is - is the point difference between Fitzgerald and the WR you could have taken in the late 4th round bigger than Benson and one of those three RBs? My initial guess is that the WR point difference would be bigger, although this mock draft has pushed so many good WRs down so low that maybe you were right.

this is an excellent draft. i just got back from church from lighting candles. i am praying to God that i get a top 5 pick in all of my drafts.

great value picks already - cedrick benson at 25. potential to be a tier 2 RB, top 6 RB.

players of whom i am afraid - mcgahee, i'm afraid of that OL and whole offense.

travis henry - i know they are payng him the big bucks, but i don't think shanahan is a sellout.

portis - betts and injuries

taken too early - palmer. if you go WR here, you would get comparable value at QB witht he 10th pick in Rd 4 and another tradable big name WR.

while i am afraid of those RBs, i can't see myself taking bush or MJD over them but i might.

it is good to see the big 5 WR all go in the 2nd round.

CAN'T WAIT FOR ROUNDS 4 THROUGH....

5. I hear ya. What RBs did you project to be at 4.12/5.01 ? I'm guessing it was RBs like Brandon Jacobs, Jamal Lewis, and Duece McCallister? So the question is - is the point difference between Fitzgerald and the WR you could have taken in the late 4th round bigger than Benson and one of those three RBs? My initial guess is that the WR point difference would be bigger, although this mock draft has pushed so many good WRs down so low that maybe you were right.

Jacobs and Deuce are gone. Jamal Lewis MIGHT be there.

I'm a big RB guy. Unless something really focked up happens, I have to go RB in 2 of the first 3 rounds. It's not uncommon to go RB 3 of the first 4 rounds.

I do have a possible RB value pick in mind, although I'm not going to be revealing it until he gets picked (by me or someone else).