Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

KFFL shuts down all leagues.

All those owners at KFFL who built their teams year by year, player by player, working the waiver wire each week, getting trades done despite Commish indifference, getting peanuts back even if they won a championship.....all those sad KFFL patrons have been kicked to curb just 3 months before the season starts and are now lost, devastated and homeless. If ya know one of these poor souls....send them a message of hope http://www.glffl.net/ like cool water in the desert

All those owners at KFFL who built their teams year by year, player by player, working the waiver wire each week, getting trades done despite Commish indifference, getting peanuts back even if they won a championship.....all those sad KFFL patrons have been kicked to curb just 3 months before the season starts and are now lost, devastated and homeless. If ya know one of these poor souls....send them a message of hope http://www.glffl.net/ like cool water in the desert

:rolleyes: Acreed the GLFFL rocks almost as hard as Pearl Jam... However, last time I looked only one 1 squad was available there for sale...

I had been in a KFFL "rollover" league there (Paul Brown) for about 10 years... It was a good group really kinda too bad... I had heard the "letter" was coming, something about 9 or 10 states looking at FF payoffs as gambling??? B)

I guess I better be off to a GA session...

"Hi, my name is Brad".... (all) "Hi Brad"

:pointstosky:

I'm confused - is there actually a story about the KFFL leagues here, or are you just trying to pimp the GLFFL out to everyone on FFT by spamming us?

:dunno:

I believe the story is that one of the first, largest and once well-respected online fantasy football networks just collapsed, leaving their owners holding the bag. Unless you were part of KFFL's leagues, you probably wouldn't understand the complete shafting that occured...

I'm confused -

Wow what a shocker !!!! I nominate that the Capt. Obvious statement of the day !!!! :dunno: MB

I believe the story is that one of the first, largest and once well-respected online fantasy football networks just collapsed, leaving their owners holding the bag. Unless you were part of KFFL's leagues, you probably wouldn't understand the complete shafting that occured...

Shafted as in having 5 years of building a team flushed down the toilet with 1 email. :thumbsdown: :dunno:

s

fastfish teams started at KFFL and it was good...but we left after the 2002 season 'cause it was bad...non-reponsive Commish, terrible payouts, leagues left to pretty much run themselves as KFFL wandered off to pursue....who knows what. Shutting down in late May is just typical KFFL...oblivious to their customers wants and needs until the very end. MFL, their software provider, got the same treatment. A sad and bitter ending to a business that was a pioneer in online FF games that once gave so many so much enjoyment.

and no one had their teams written down? :ninja:

Seems like while an inconvenience, it isn't the end of the world?

happy holiday to everyone. :cheers:

yeah, just get the other owners to move somewhere else and load the rosters in the new spot. shouldn't be hard.

yeah, just get the other owners to move somewhere else and load the rosters in the new spot. shouldn't be hard.

Not a bad idea...and not a bad time to start a website to host some FF leagues :wink:

'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

'S'mofo butter layin' me to da' BONE! Jackin' me up... tight me!

"pardon me, I speak jive..." :banana:

Can you explain? I'm confiused about the MFL reference?

Thanks,

3'

KFFL was a middleman service (like most for pay sites)..they bought the software that runs the games from My Fantasy Leagues...sold the games to their customers...paid out less (way less) than their overhead and that was the business. But MFL got word of the KFFL shutdown same time as the KFFL customers did in late May...KFFL thereby shafting 100% of those they had done business with for years...nice eh?

KFFL was a middleman service (like most for pay sites)..they bought the software that runs the games from My Fantasy Leagues...sold the games to their customers...paid out less (way less) than their overhead and that was the business. But MFL got word of the KFFL shutdown same time as the KFFL customers did in late May...KFFL thereby shafting 100% of those they had done business with for years...nice eh?

I don't know... If I am using a cell phone for 4 years and suddenly decide that I don't need a cell phone any longer, I surely don't think I am shafting CellCom because I no longer need their services. :bench:

DAMN LIBERALS!!! :P

Are there any other reputable sites like KFFL out there? I've found a few, but the ones I've found have no openings or keep like 50% of the league dues...any info is appreciated.

Are there any other reputable sites like KFFL out there? I've found a few, but the ones I've found have no openings or keep like 50% of the league dues...any info is appreciated.

I've done FFF - Fuzzys Fantasy Football the past 2 years and have been more than satisfied with their service and payouts for public leagues. I think league signups begin sometime in July.