Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

breaking news on Vick

NFL Network is right now reporting that dogs might be buried on Vick's property....a search warrant has been approved by the Court to start digging...but the Prosecutor has sent the warrant back for better "wording" ....Adam Sheftner says the outlook for Vick is "bleak"

well i hope he invested his money well because he will need it when he gets out of prison. what an idiot he has all this money and fame and look at how he acts....... this shows that stupidity runs in that family his brother was on track to be in the nfl for a long time as well but he threw it away now older brother did the same thing

well i hope he invested his money well because he will need it when he gets out of prison. what an idiot he has all this money and fame and look at how he acts....... this shows that stupidity runs in that family his brother was on track to be in the nfl for a long time as well but he threw it away now older brother did the same thing

Sirius NFL is reporting they have tips that as many as 30 bodies of pit bulls killed in fighting are buried on Vick's property. Thus the warrant...wow

Move over Marcus, you are are no longer the "bad" Vick.

So when is the commish going to step in? Or is he going to wait until this goes to trial b/c innocent until proven guilty?

i heard there was a big hubbub about when it goes public of who he sold the house too... don't know why that would be a factor, just something i heard on one of the sports talk channels... didn't he sell it for like 1/2 of it's actual value?

but if they start digging up pit bull corpses, it's all just a matter of time before Vick's mugshot is plastered all over the internet...

i really can't believe there's a chance he gets to play this year if he's even indicted on the charges. Can you imagine the added security risks that will be involved for every stadium he plays in? Fundamentalists will target him wherever he goes, and therefore create huge problems for the entire NFL... Goodell is going to have to step in very soon if things keep going in this direction...

Beware the next team harrington joins.

i can see the "Harrington Curse" is going to replace the Madden Curse very soon...

So when is the commish going to step in? Or is he going to wait until this goes to trial b/c innocent until proven guilty?

Punkman was never proven guilty. That precedent has already been set...

Not only is he garbage as a qb but pretty much garbage as a human. Wonder if stupid Portis will stick up for him now ? Also Atlanta's FO has egg on it face for trading the wrong qb.

Not only is he garbage as a qb but pretty much garbage as a human. Wonder if stupid Portis will stick up for him now ? Also Atlanta's FO has egg on it face for trading the wrong qb.

Another way of looking at this is that ATL's front office now has a very easy out. They were handcuffed to Vick because of the fans...now they can sever ties, save all that $ and go out and get a Trent Green for a year while they re-adjust.

Falcons might have just caught their luckiest break from this.

go out and get a Trent Green for a year while they re-adjust.

why would replace Joey Heisman w/ that POS Trent Green?? Do you know what Joey brings to the table?? :blink:

why would replace Joey Heisman w/ that POS Trent Green?? Do you know what Joey brings to the table?? :mad:

:lol: - now this is funny - - very nice famousb

Another way of looking at this is that ATL's front office now has a very easy out. They were handcuffed to Vick because of the fans...now they can sever ties, save all that $ and go out and get a Trent Green for a year while they re-adjust.

Totally agree. This is a good out. Trent Green for a couple years, get Brohm in the draft next year. Petrino probably wouldn't mind. Fresh start in Atlanta.

Now I know where Jake Plummer will land....

Jake the Fake - the white Michael Vick. He might flip off the crowd, but that looks classy after what Ronnie Mexico pulled. :lol:

we already knew that there was dog fighting at the property. if they do find a bunch of dogs buried there, it still doesn't get the prosecutors any closer to linking vick to it.

i feel strongly that vick was involved but that doesn't mean that there is enough evidence to convict him of anything.

we already knew that there was dog fighting at the property. if they do find a bunch of dogs buried there, it still doesn't get the prosecutors any closer to linking vick to it.

i feel strongly that vick was involved but that doesn't mean that there is enough evidence to convict him of anything.

I beg to differ. 30 dogs burried on his property makes them Vick's property. That's the smoking gun right there. Jail emminent. He'd get 2 years for animal abuse (the maximum) and then they could go after him for gambling.

Vick has been associated with an ongoing investigation since 2000. That's when he was in college, and was seen betting $5K-$40K a fight. Where's a college senior without a job get that kind of cash? VaTech could get dragged down with this - what a horrible time for that school to get sucked down into the mud.

But no mistake - if they find dog corpses, that's a lock. Running an illegal gambling organization has to carry a fat sentence.

YOu are assuming Green would go to the Falcons. Based on everything I have heard he wants to go to Miami.

YOu are assuming Green would go to the Falcons. Based on everything I have heard he wants to go to Miami.

I was just tossing a name out there. Plummer, Green, Harrington, Carr, etc. Go after something low end with upside. Then draft your QB of the future next year.

:lol:

I beg to differ. 30 dogs burried on his property makes them Vick's property. That's the smoking gun right there. Jail emminent. He'd get 2 years for animal abuse (the maximum) and then they could go after him for gambling.

Vick has been associated with an ongoing investigation since 2000. That's when he was in college, and was seen betting $5K-$40K a fight. Where's a college senior without a job get that kind of cash? VaTech could get dragged down with this - what a horrible time for that school to get sucked down into the mud.

But no mistake - if they find dog corpses, that's a lock. Running an illegal gambling organization has to carry a fat sentence.

to me, the informant's information is still his word against vick's. if they find dogs buried there, can't vick keep saying that he knows nothing about them and/or blame his 'tenants'? i just don't know if they have or will ever have enough to convict him. i hope they do though.

Totally agree. This is a good out. Trent Green for a couple years, get Brohm in the draft next year. Petrino probably wouldn't mind. Fresh start in Atlanta.

Wouldn't it be awesome if KC trades Trent to Atlanta for less than what Miami was willing to offer just to rub it in their faces for making a lowball offer.

Result: Miami is stuck with a lemon.

Except that massive cap hit they would take from his contract...

More like he gets 30 counts of animal abuse and ends up paying a fine with community service.

No one ever gets the maximum sentence, but having dogs buried on your property doesn't prove anything unless 1. you can prove they were abused, and 2. you can prove Vick abused them.

They have to prove either that he knew there was dog fighting on the premises or that he was gambling on dog fights or that he participated in dog fighting in some way shape or form. Currently there is no proof. He's going to end up with a few animal cruelty charges and that's it. Please listen to me. I'm begging you to listen to me.

Wouldn't it be awesome if KC trades Trent to Atlanta for less than what Miami was willing to offer just to rub it in their faces for making a lowball offer.

Result: Miami is stuck with a lemon.

cleo lemon?

More like he gets 30 counts of animal abuse and ends up paying a fine with community service.

No one ever gets the maximum sentence, but having dogs buried on your property doesn't prove anything unless 1. you can prove they were abused, and 2. you can prove Vick abused them.

They have to prove either that he knew there was dog fighting on the premises or that he was gambling on dog fights or that he participated in dog fighting in some way shape or form. Currently there is no proof. He's going to end up with a few animal cruelty charges and that's it. Please listen to me. I'm begging you to listen to me.

Seems to me they have enough evidence against Vick right now to bring charges - dogfighting on his premises and at least one credible witness who will put him at the scene. A jury only needs to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't see how Vick can seriously claim to not know anything about the multimillion dollar dog fighting operation on his own property. He didn't wonder why there were dozens of caged dogs and a bloody fighting pit in his house? :thumbsup:

I'll be really disappointed Vick isn't suspended for at least half the season.

UPDATE----------> Falcons QB Vick evidence could prompt July grand jury...... Written by: STEVE WYCHE      5/29/2007 ...Source: www.ajc.com .......Authorities investigating felony dogfighting at a Virginia property owned by Falcons quarterback Michael Vick could have enough evidence to present to a specially called grand jury before a scheduled July session, according to Commonwealth Attorney Gerald Poindexter.......That evidence includes possible testimony from two people who have contacted authorities - - one out of state - claiming they have information that could assist the investigation. Poindexter was in an undisclosed part of Virginia Tuesday doing due diligence on the background of a person who has contacted him about the investigation."The investigation is proceeding," Poindexter said.......Vick has not been charged and denied any involvement in illegal dogfighting. Vick, in April, blamed family members who lived at the property he occasionally visited for this situation. .......Vick was not been available for comment on the case and his attorney, Lawrence Woodward, has not returned calls for weeks........Poindexter continued to caution that up to 10 people had access to Vick's 15-acre property and that the investigation could be focused on more than one person........Poindexter said that two initial searches of the property in April show that dogfighting likely occurred at the property. .......Authorities seized 66 dogs and other objects, such as a blood-spattered ring resembling a fighting pit, during those searches. Poindexter said last week that charges were likely to be filed but against whom is the question...........Poindexter and Surry County Sheriff Harold Brown denied the execution of a search warrant requested Friday by a Surry County deputy Sheriff, who wrote in the warrant that the U.S. Department of Agriculture wanted another search of the property to look for dog carcasses and forensic evidence.........Investigators wanted to look under floors of the so-called "pit area" and possibly dig under and disassemble some structures on the property for dead dogs and blood evidence, Poindexter said........ The USDA, the federal agency involved in the investigation, is assisting in the forensic part of the investigation, Poindexter said........The warrant, obtained by Hampton Roads newspapers but denied to the AJC upon phone requests, stated authorities also wanted to search for "any utensils or weapons utilized in the killing of any animals to include ropes, guns/rifles, spent shotgun shells, spent bullet cartridges, or shovels and all evidence contributing to dog fighting and animal cruelty.".......Poindexter said some language in the request prompted enough concerns to ask for it to be denied at this point. However, the request has a "10 to 15 day" life to where the initial denial could be lifted and investigators could execute the search."We'll go in if we have to," Poindexter said.......When asked if he felt they had enough evidence to press charges without searching the property again, Poindexter said, "I'm not going to comment on that." http://www.ajc.com

Yup. Not only that, but they're nailing certain individuals for the same thing, and you damn well know those folks are gonna flip and dime him out.

Vick may do the same thing, however given the evidence of dead dogs buried on his property, it's gonna look quite obvious that he is guilty.

Yup. Not only that, but they're nailing certain individuals for the same thing, and you damn well know those folks are gonna flip and dime him out.

Vick may do the same thing, however given the evidence of dead dogs buried on his property, it's gonna look quite obvious that he is guilty.

yup, and if it comes down to a he said/she said type scenario the ultimate responsibility will come down on Vick since it's his property...

This is why I don't like the commissioners new policy. To me, someone has to be convicted of something before action should be taken. Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty. Lets say the Feds get a few guys to tell on Vick, which will probably happen since no one wants to go to jail. Vick may plead or he may go to a trial jury. Now lets say Vick gets suspended for the year. Assume he decides to fight the charges. His top-notch lawyers will pack the jury with those sympathetic to Vick and maybe he is found innocent. Then what happens. Vick sues the NFL for lost wages and that could possibly be a fortune, particularly if ATL cuts him. I am making no apologies for any guys who are getting in trouble, I just feel our system of law is based on innocent until proven guilty, that is why I don't like the commissioners new policy.

This is why I don't like the commissioners new policy. To me, someone has to be convicted of something before action should be taken. Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty. Lets say the Feds get a few guys to tell on Vick, which will probably happen since no one wants to go to jail. Vick may plead or he may go to a trial jury. Now lets say Vick gets suspended for the year. Assume he decides to fight the charges. His top-notch lawyers will pack the jury with those sympathetic to Vick and maybe he is found innocent. Then what happens. Vick sues the NFL for lost wages and that could possibly be a fortune, particularly if ATL cuts him. I am making no apologies for any guys who are getting in trouble, I just feel our system of law is based on innocent until proven guilty, that is why I don't like the commissioners new policy.

I've tried to say the same thing about Pacman. I focking despise these types of people, but the NFL is opening themselves up to some lawsuits. The policy itself is filled with contradictions. They're talking about punishing teams, but the CBA itself prevents teams from doing much until due process is completed.

how about favre going back to atlanta where he started his career to end it??????????

and the commish needs to do something now!!!!!! is he holding off just because of who it is??????? he sure didnt wait for pac-man jones to come down hard on him!!!!!!!!!! this is just as bad if not worse then what jones did ............ vick is not on my drafty board at all.............

Now I know where Jake Plummer will land....

I don't know if I can see McKay trading with Gruden plus it's the same division. :dunno:

I don't understand why anyone would defend this POS. Every day, more news about something else. 1st it was linked to dog fighting. Then it was his property. Then 60 dogs on the property, then he was a major player/gambler in the fights, then dog corpses possibly found burried.

Come on, there is enough circumstantial evidence now. I am sure the prosecutor isn't going to rush to things. He is going to take his time so he doesn't get egg on his face, but it appears it is only a matter of time before Vick is charged.

What a POS.

any corporation has the right to form a personal conduct policy it deems fit...

for instance, emailing p0rn is not a felony, or even a misdemeanor, but if you get caught doing it, you're likely to get fired or maybe just suspended depending on your job, position, and importance.

Well, the NFL didn't suspend Punkman for getting convicted of any crime, they suspended him for giving the NFL tons of bad press. Who knows, if he actually does get convicted of all of those charges, maybe the NFL suspends him longer.

As for Vick, the commish has every right to suspend him even without a conviction if any part of this falls into the broad spectrum of the personal conduct policy. Witnesses saying they've seen Vick bet on dog fights is pretty detrimental to his image, and as a result the image of the league too. Doesn't matter if he's convicted of running the dog fighting ring or not, just like Punkman hasn't even been charged with any wrong doing in the 'make it rain' incident that led to a shooting. He was at a strip club, bad sh!t happened, he's been getting into other bad sh!t repeatedly, he gets suspended...

Personally, i think Vick's already gotten more leeway than Punk simply due to how he has been marketed by the NFL because he's already had multiple PR issues (Ron Mexico, flipping off the fans, airport incident) and now he has this. If this was Punkman's house he'd already be gone from the league...

Innocent until proven guilty has to do with your legal rights...not your rights to be a part of the NFL. Goodell has the power to try and protect the image of his league. The problem I have with his policy is that it is too subjective to what Goodell thinks or feels about something. The terms as to what gets your suspended are not really laid out clearly.

If Vick is suspended for the year but later found innocent...on what grounds will he sue? The policy does not state that there needs to be a conviction. Its basically something that puts the NFL in a negative light...and Vick has really already done that.

I dsiagree. The NFL is unlike the real justice system. A high profile company can remove/suspend employees for giving their company a bad name. We are not talking about jail time here, but being the face of a company/league has some responsibilities. Vick is in violation of that by even being linked to this.

Unfortunately, you sign the multi-million contract, this schtuff comes with it.

Seems to me they have enough evidence against Vick right now to bring charges - dogfighting on his premises and at least one credible witness who will put him at the scene. A jury only needs to find him guilty beyond a reasonable doubt. I don't see how Vick can seriously claim to not know anything about the multimillion dollar dog fighting operation on his own property. He didn't wonder why there were dozens of caged dogs and a bloody fighting pit in his house? :dunno:

I'll be really disappointed Vick isn't suspended for at least half the season.

Not to mention if Vick wasn't funding the operation who was? His deadbeat cousin who lived at the house? There is plenty of evidence starting to pile up to at least start criminal proceedings against Vick. Sometimes all it takes is circumstantial evidence to send a man to jail, if that evidence leads to no reasonable doubt. See. Scott Peterson going away for murdering his wife.

I've got a call in to an attorney friend to help explain why the guys heading the investigation have had a search warrant since 5/23 but have blocked it's being executed...I don't get that. The other new thing in this piece is a picture of the property. ------->Salisbury Post | SPORTS | NFL: Search warrant obtained on Vick's property http://slspublish.bits.baseview.com/sports...66842278085.php

This is why I don't like the commissioners new policy. To me, someone has to be convicted of something before action should be taken. Whatever happened to innocent before proven guilty.

I am so tired of hearing this lame statement. "Innocent until proven guilty" is strictly a presumption in criminal proceedings, nothing more. A private corporation can do whatever it wants to its employees. You don't think Joe Jackson gets fired from the filling station simply because his employer beleives that he's taking a donut from the bakery section every morning?

any corporation has the right to form a personal conduct policy it deems fit...

for instance, emailing p0rn is not a felony, or even a misdemeanor, but if you get caught doing it, you're likely to get fired or maybe just suspended depending on your job, position, and importance.

Well, the NFL didn't suspend Punkman for getting convicted of any crime, they suspended him for giving the NFL tons of bad press. Who knows, if he actually does get convicted of all of those charges, maybe the NFL suspends him longer.

As for Vick, the commish has every right to suspend him even without a conviction if any part of this falls into the broad spectrum of the personal conduct policy. Witnesses saying they've seen Vick bet on dog fights is pretty detrimental to his image, and as a result the image of the league too. Doesn't matter if he's convicted of running the dog fighting ring or not, just like Punkman hasn't even been charged with any wrong doing in the 'make it rain' incident that led to a shooting. He was at a strip club, bad sh!t happened, he's been getting into other bad sh!t repeatedly, he gets suspended...

Personally, i think Vick's already gotten more leeway than Punk simply due to how he has been marketed by the NFL because he's already had multiple PR issues (Ron Mexico, flipping off the fans, airport incident) and now he has this. If this was Punkman's house he'd already be gone from the league...

[/quot

I don't agree. Corporations are not allowed to have personal conduct policies. A company, for example cannot say they want those who believe in God to work for them. They also cannot say they only want those who are married working for them. There are all types of of anti-discrimination laws out there. Those who get in trouble for e-mailing at work get in trouble because they were not doing their job while on the clock. Vick and these other guys cannot be held responsible 24/7, unless their contract states that their job is 24/7. I just feel the league is opening themselves up to lawsuits, and when you're talking about millions, the lawyers will jump on board. Also, if and when these civil claims trials go to jury, anything is possible. Just look at the hot coffee at McDonald's case. Again, I don't defend the actions of those responsible, I just think the league need to cover itself better by making suspensions after plea bargains or jury convictions.