Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

breaking news on Vick

Nobody has said that, but it has been mentioned as a "ring" and as such the Feds will give it at least a cursory look. And to be honest, the Feds could give a crap about the dogs, this is about the gambling and money. These guys living in Vicks house and running this show were getting their $$$ from somewhere...now it's just a game of follow the wallet.

Good point. And pretty focking sad if you ask me.

Did you forget that the reason they raided the house in the first place was because they were going after drug dealers?

Fighting dogs are dogs that are generally bred to fight. Before you saw Awwww a moderately handled one in public society can still bite the face off a child, never mind the number of times a bigger mean dog has snapped at cat's, small dogs, squirls ect. But random uncontrolled actions of violence are ok.. except for the small child part.

I've known more than one person who litterally had to pull small dogs out of jaws of bigger ones.

I suspect the dogs used came out of lines bred to hunt bear, deer, fox, humans ect...

I myself don't like pets in generall, and emu's are mean gets.

I think, my friend, that you are falling into the trap of believing stereotypes. My boss actually spent a large number of years training dogs, of all breeds, for various purposes. He has trained police dogs, and has trained house pets simply to be obedient. While it is true that certain breeds have more aggressive characteristics, it is erroneous to say that they are natural born killers. That has to be trained into them. Once they have been trained that way, there is no turning back, but they don't start that way. Left to their own devices, they will react according to the influences around them.

Just thought you might like the perspective from someone who has worked with these breeds in a more positive manner.

NFL Network's Adam Shefter reports on talks about league actions re: Pac Man, Tank Johnson and Joey Porter. Vick? ...not mentioned at all on the show either this night or last night. ....This is very loud silence, considering news outlets everywhere are talking 'bout Vick news. And this dead silence by the official network of the NFL means.....what? Not sure but it's plain the order was given to say nada.

Actually, I think that this speaks well of the NFL. Roger Goodell and his group are brilliant. If he responds to this right now, then he sends the message that he will be turned simply by the waves of public opinion. This is news right now, because everything is breaking. But Goodell will act when facts play themselves out, charges are made, etc. He has to do it this way; he has to wait, because he wants to set a standard that will be unwavering, and ultimately will be seen as consistent and solid. Great move in saying nothing, or he ends up responding to everything.

But Goodell will act when facts play themselves out, charges are made, etc. He has to do it this way; he has to wait, because he wants to set a standard that will be unwavering, and ultimately will be seen as consistent and solid. Great move in saying nothing, or he ends up responding to everything.

And herein lies the problem with his suspension of PacMan...he did not let all of the facts play out or charges being made. And that is part of PacMan's appeal and threat of a lawsuit...that things are not being done consistently.

And herein lies the problem with his suspension of PacMan...he did not let all of the facts play out or charges being made. And that is part of PacMan's appeal and threat of a lawsuit...that things are not being done consistently.

All due respect, but the facts had played out with Pac Man. The current charges had not yet gone to trial or resulted in conviction, but it was what, his 4th or 5th arrest/police incident in a calendar year? That was why Pac Man got suspended - for violating the personal conduct policy. It doesn't need a conviction - Adam Jones was constantly in trouble, and the strip club incident proved that he couldn't stay away from those situations.

In his previous arrest, he swore to a judge and the NFL that he'd "stay out of trouble" and that "this will be the last time I appear before [the judge]". Then 2 weeks later the strip club incident happens.

That is more than enough to violate the personal conduct policy - getting convicted of the specific charges is between Pac Man and the county. The NFL was perfectly within their rights to say "we do not want this person representing our league".

PacMan is habitual. The guy has 10 run-ins with police during his short time in the league. And his suspension was more closely linked to the clause in his contract and the players agreement to report any circumstances which could be considered in violation of the code of conduct IMMEDIATELY to the league offices. This isn't for PacMan's one act.

PacMan is habitual. The guy has 10 run-ins with police during his short time in the league. And his suspension was more closely linked to the clause in his contract and the players agreement to report any circumstances which could be considered in violation of the code of conduct IMMEDIATELY to the league offices. This isn't for PacMan's one act.

yup, i think that's what alot of people miss. Punkman was never convicted of anything (as of yet), but he made the cardinal sin of not reporting two incidents to his team and the league office. Right there is the breach of contract that could be enough to enforce his suspension whether or not Goodell wants to throw in the other issues...

Pacman's biggest violation (other than his 10 arrests and general thugness) was failing to report two prior arrests to his team and the NFL a direct transgression from what is required under the collective bargaining agreement. His suspension is more than warrnted.

and so it begins...... ATLANTA (AP) -AirTran Airways has ended its relationship with Atlanta Falcons quarterback Michael Vick, who has been a pitchman for the airline since 2004, but whose image has been tarnished in several off-field incidents...........``Michael´s contract expired May 8, and we decided to go in another direction,´´ AirTran spokesman Tad Hutcheson told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution on Thursday.------------->Most recently, Vick's name has been dragged into a Virginia investigation of dog fighting after authorities confiscated dozens of dogs at property owned by Vick and said they found evidence related to fighting.------------->Among Vick's other publicity problems, security screeners at the Miami airport stopped him from boarding a flight in January with a water bottle that turned out to have a hidden compartment. Vick said he used it to store jewelry, and police found no evidence of smuggled drugs.------------->Vick's publicist blamed AirTran when the quarterback known for his quickness failed to arrive in Washington to speak before Congress. AirTran said Vick had ample opportunities to get to his destination on AirTran but chose not to.

goodell wont do anything to Vick and that is a shame i read where he said that pac man and henry are not the same because their past??????? but does he not see what Vick has done in the past just because he doesnt get a rrested doesnt mean he has not done anything wrong....... I would love to be there when he is announced this season at all the away games......... how can the NFL do this if they dont suspend him then this is where the new league will gain some ground for next season because the nfl will have no credibilty..... they are saying if you are a big time name then do anything you want........ lesser known and we will suspend you....... I will have lost respect for goodell if he doesnt do anything to vick at all and i think he will lose respect from the players and owners as well........ i think just for his name being connected at all he needs a couple games at least

All due respect, but the facts had played out with Pac Man. The current charges had not yet gone to trial or resulted in conviction, but it was what, his 4th or 5th arrest/police incident in a calendar year? That was why Pac Man got suspended - for violating the personal conduct policy. It doesn't need a conviction - Adam Jones was constantly in trouble, and the strip club incident proved that he couldn't stay away from those situations.

In his previous arrest, he swore to a judge and the NFL that he'd "stay out of trouble" and that "this will be the last time I appear before [the judge]". Then 2 weeks later the strip club incident happens.

That is more than enough to violate the personal conduct policy - getting convicted of the specific charges is between Pac Man and the county. The NFL was perfectly within their rights to say "we do not want this person representing our league".

The facts have played out? He was suspended more for the deal in Georgia...which at this point he has not been convicted nor have all the facts been presented. Don't even get me started on the Vegas incident where the "facts" have been severely misreported at times.

I agree he deserved to be suspended...but no, the facts were not all out there, nor were the results of one actual case even known yet.

And again, I agree that he should have been suspended.

But this is also not the first "incident" with Vick. It just seems the NFL has not treated the water bottle thing as an incident.

goodell wont do anything to Vick and that is a shame i read where he said that pac man and henry are not the same because their past??????? but does he not see what Vick has done in the past just because he doesnt get a rrested doesnt mean he has not done anything wrong....... I would love to be there when he is announced this season at all the away games......... how can the NFL do this if they dont suspend him then this is where the new league will gain some ground for next season because the nfl will have no credibilty..... they are saying if you are a big time name then do anything you want........ lesser known and we will suspend you....... I will have lost respect for goodell if he doesnt do anything to vick at all and i think he will lose respect from the players and owners as well........ i think just for his name being connected at all he needs a couple games at least

I think you'll see that a few days after charges are levied upon Vick, he'll meet with Goodell, and he'll be suspended.

The reason why they aren't suspending him right now is cause he hasn't been arrested/charged with anything at the moment. For all the NFL knows (legally), Vick is innocent, and it's all hearsay.

But the second anything is charged against him, you know the hammer will come down quickly. And the more the media/animal rights groups/congressmen etc... bring this up and put it in the public's eye, the harsher the penalty will be. So the longer this drags out, the harder the hammer will come down on Vick. Think Punkman got a long suspension? Just you wait till Vick get's charged.... he may never see another game again.

as long as goodell doesn't count this as a 1st offense, so a slap on the wrist, cause if he does, then he will lose all future battles with suspensions, including the punkman jones one.

Pacman's biggest violation (other than his 10 arrests and general thugness) was failing to report two prior arrests to his team and the NFL a direct transgression from what is required under the collective bargaining agreement. His suspension is more than warrnted.

This is also to the 2 posters who said a similar thing...Im not sure how many people know exactly what PacMan was punished for...so here is a recent article about the NFLPA's letter to the commish in support of PacMan's appeal.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cf...p;news_id=56412

Players union submits letter supporting Pacman

By Terry McCormick, tmccormick@nashvillecitypaper.com

May 30, 2007

The NFL Players Association submitted a four-page letter, obtained by The City Paper, to NFL commissioner Roger Goodell in support of Adam “Pacman” Jones regarding the appeal of Jones’ one-year suspension levied April 10.

The letter, signed by NFLPA general counsel Thomas J. DePaso and dated May 23, echoes the sentiment of the letter sent to Goodell by Jones’ attorneys, Manny Arora and Mark Trigg, regarding the suspension.

It says that Jones was disciplined under the 2006 Personal Conduct Policy that “clearly provides that a player will not be disciplined until the player is ‘convicted of or admit(s) to a criminal violation.’”

Jones was suspended for one year based on felony obstruction of an officer charges in Georgia, the disposition in January 2007 of charges of disorderly conduct and public intoxication from an incident in Murfreesboro and a marijuana arrest in March 2006 in Georgia that was later dropped. A portion of Jones’ suspension also came as a result of his failure to report the two arrests in Georgia.

The plea in the letter says that Jones is being punished unfairly and too harshly as it pertains to the personal conduct policy that was in place in 2006.

The letter also alleges that the punishment is a violation of “clearly established principles of employment and labor law.” It quotes Elkouri & Elkouri that “An employee must receive clear notice of both what the employer expects as well as the range of penalties to be imposed for failing to meet the employer’s expectations.”

As part of that the letter urges that Jones should not be disciplined over the pending charges in Georgia since he had no previous notification “that merely being charged with a crime would result in discipline under the Policy.”

It also states that Jones’ failure to report the arrest for felony obstruction of an officer in Georgia should not be held against him until the charges are resolved in a conviction. It also states that the non-reported marijuana possession charge that was later dropped should fall under the collective bargaining agreement procedure of the Drugs of Abuse Policy, which the NFLPA claims does not fall under the failure to report clause of the Personal Conduct Policy.

Arora could not be reached for comment.

A ruling by Goodell on the appeal is expected this week.

And I bolded some key statements that address the points that were made.

And again...before someone claims I am his lawyer or defending him...I agree he should be suspended...but I don't think many people really know the facts of what has gone on.

This is also to the 2 posters who said a similar thing...Im not sure how many people know exactly what PacMan was punished for...so here is a recent article about the NFLPA's letter to the commish in support of PacMan's appeal.

And again...before someone claims I am his lawyer or defending him...I agree he should be suspended...but I don't think many people really know the facts of what has gone on.

So we shouldn't consider a letter from PacMan's lawyer and the NFLPA as being biased in Jones' favor? We're supposed to accept these as "the facts"? :pointstosky:

Seems a little spurious to me.

Yeah how did that contradict what I said? I'll help you, it didn't.

Good point. And pretty focking sad if you ask me.

Maybe he earned the $10,000 he gave to VT from winnings in betting on dog fights. Canine loss is humanity's gain! :pointstosky:

So we shouldn't consider a letter from PacMan's lawyer and the NFLPA as being biased in Jones' favor? We're supposed to accept these as "the facts"? :pointstosky:

Seems a little spurious to me.

Of course its a bit biased...but as part of the appeal, you would think they would have the facts more correct on what Jones was suspended for over the likes of most people on this board...don't you think?

Yeah how did that contradict what I said? I'll help you, it didn't.

The part where you claim the biggest part of it was due to the failure to report the thing in Georgia...when the article clearly says its only a portion and a part that they are even appealing....HTH

OK everyone lets' stop taking the media b¡tches' perspective here and examine the facts. Remember one thing in life. The media is made up of a bunch of b¡tches.

Vick hasn't been proven guilty of anything. NOTHING! No weed was found on him and having a bottle with a hidden compartment is not illegal and neither is having pot residue in said hidden compartment.

Even if Vick is getting investigated for his role in this dog fighting syndicate, someone will need to have proof of this in the form of a couple of eye witnesses, a money trail, or video evidence, or something to convict him.

Right now there is a bunch of circumstantial evidence against Vick. He's been seen on the property, he's been reported to have gambled on dog fights, etc. This don't mean jack, and if push comes to shove he's going to cut a deal and get misdemeanor charges brought against him and pay a fine, but there is a good chance he will get off scott-free.

If he pleads guilty to any sort of charges, he will probably get a 2-4 game suspension depending on the details of his conviction. If he gets charged and nothing comes of it, he will not get suspended. If the nearly impossible happens and he ends up going to trial, it probably won't finish up until after the 2007 season anyway.

Don't be the media's b¡tch!!@#!

OK everyone lets' stop taking the media b¡tches' perspective here and examine the facts. Remember one thing in life. The media is made up of a bunch of b¡tches.

Vick hasn't been proven guilty of anything. NOTHING! No weed was found on him and having a bottle with a hidden compartment is not illegal and neither is having pot residue in said hidden compartment.

The NFL policy has more to do with putting the league in a negative image than it does with actual convictions. As others have said...look at PacMan and the lack of convictions. Its about the league's image.

Even if Vick is getting investigated for his role in this dog fighting syndicate, someone will need to have proof of this in the form of a couple of eye witnesses, a money trail, or video evidence, or something to convict him.

Perhaps, but I don't know if a full on conviction will even be necessary for him to be suspended.

Right now there is a bunch of circumstantial evidence against Vick. He's been seen on the property, he's been reported to have gambled on dog fights, etc. This don't mean jack, and if push comes to shove he's going to cut a deal and get misdemeanor charges brought against him and pay a fine, but there is a good chance he will get off scott-free.

Right now the investigator claims to have enough to indict him on. Its more than just circumstantial and anyone thinking he has no connection to this is not really being honest with themselves.

-he owns the property in question

-he is licensed to breed the types of dogs in question

-numerous stories of Vick being involved in gambling on the activity in question

-the address of the property in question used on Vick's dog breeding website

You say you want eye witnesses...yet are now saying that him being seen on the property and reported to have gambled on dog fights don't mean jack.

If he gets lesser charges brought against him...Goodell is not stupid, he sees that a full on conviction for the felony charges are very tough and will still probably suspend Vick.

If he pleads guilty to any sort of charges, he will probably get a 2-4 game suspension depending on the details of his conviction. If he gets charged and nothing comes of it, he will not get suspended. If the nearly impossible happens and he ends up going to trial, it probably won't finish up until after the 2007 season anyway.

Don't be the media's b¡tch!!@#!

2-4 games for a felony? I think you are sadly mistaken. Its a minimum of a year if he pleads guilty to any felony...and in that case he should worry more about the jailtime...which would be more than a year.

If he gets charged...I think he will end up suspended indefinitely.

The NFL policy has more to do with putting the league in a negative image than it does with actual convictions. As others have said...look at PacMan and the lack of convictions. Its about the league's image. Perhaps, but I don't know if a full on conviction will even be necessary for him to be suspended.

There is some truth to that, but in general induction > analogy. That's why PacMan's situation has virtually no bearing on this one. PacMan has a long list of craziness. Vick's craziness has pretty much been blown out of proportion, and we can just disagree about whether it will take a conviction to suspend Vick, but I doubt anyone is going to suspend him becasue he is charged with a crime. Innocent until proven guilty words. :thumbsup:

Right now the investigator claims to have enough to indict him on. Its more than just circumstantial and anyone thinking he has no connection to this is not really being honest with themselves.

-he owns the property in question

-he is licensed to breed the types of dogs in question

-numerous stories of Vick being involved in gambling on the activity in question

-the address of the property in question used on Vick's dog breeding website

You say you want eye witnesses...yet are now saying that him being seen on the property and reported to have gambled on dog fights don't mean jack.

Owning property - circumstantial

liscensed dog breeder - circumstantial

stories of gambling - hearsay

dog breeding/property - circumstantial

Here's the thing. Owning the property where crimes take place doesn't mean Vick is complicit in the crime. We all know he's guilty as sin, but there still needs to be proof in the courts. Breeding pit bulls is not a crime. Owning the property may be a crime. Stories about Vick gambling on dog fighting does not equate to running a dog fighting syndicate although if several witnesses come forward with eye witness accounts of his gambling on dog fighting that puts him as an accessory.

If he gets lesser charges brought against him...Goodell is not stupid, he sees that a full on conviction for the felony charges are very tough and will still probably suspend Vick.

2-4 games for a felony? I think you are sadly mistaken. Its a minimum of a year if he pleads guilty to any felony...and in that case he should worry more about the jailtime...which would be more than a year.

If he gets charged...I think he will end up suspended indefinitely.

He is not going to get convicted of a felony in my opinion, and I am not mistaken about jail time for a felony because I haven't said anything about jailtime for a felony, but I actually did do the research and dog fighting is a class 6 felony. The minimum sentence for a class 6 felony is a fine. My point is that if he is found guilty of anything it will be because he cut a deal to get it knocked down to several misdemeanor animal abuse charges.

I think you are wrong about him getting suspended for being charged, but that's a valid opinion to hold.

You guys are letting the media make you their b¡tches. This is the same group that put Michael Irvin in jail for the cocaine in the hotel room and put those Duke Lacrosse players in jail for rape. The garbage ass media has a long track record of over-reporting crap. I mean fock. When the water bottle thing first broke. You would have thought Vick had a pound of weed hidden in his water bottle when it was only residue! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!@#@#!@!!

They won't charge him unless they feel they can get a conviction - per Poindexter. I don't think they'll charge him.

Vick is being put in charge of audibles at the line. New offense with huge potential. He's going to have a huge season and be a steal in fantasy drafts.

There is some truth to that, but in general induction > analogy. That's why PacMan's situation has virtually no bearing on this one. PacMan has a long list of craziness. Vick's craziness has pretty much been blown out of proportion, and we can just disagree about whether it will take a conviction to suspend Vick, but I doubt anyone is going to suspend him becasue he is charged with a crime. Innocent until proven guilty words. :banana:

Yeah...the strong possibility that he comitted a major federal crime has been blown out of proportion. :thumbsup:

Innocent until proven guilty is a presumption in a court of law. Goodell does not need to follow that rule. Especially given that Vick does not exactly have a clean past...Ron Mexico, the bird, water bottle, and now dog fighting.

Owning property - circumstantial

liscensed dog breeder - circumstantial

stories of gambling - hearsay

dog breeding/property - circumstantial

Owning property is not really circumstantial...if they find that there was dog fighting there...it is enough to get him on at least a smaller charge. Ignorance to what goes on at that property is not an excuse. The point with me bringing those up though is that it is a very naive thing to think that he was not involved at all at this point.

You guys are letting the media make you their b¡tches. This is the same group that put Michael Irvin in jail for the cocaine in the hotel room and put those Duke Lacrosse players in jail for rape. The garbage ass media has a long track record of over-reporting crap. I mean fock. When the water bottle thing first broke. You would have thought Vick had a pound of weed hidden in his water bottle when it was only residue! DON'T BELIEVE THE HYPE!@#@#!@!!

Im not letting the media do anything. Im letting the facts as they are known at this point affect my opinion of what is up with Vick.

Its not hype..its a very serious charge to which he appears to be very guilty.

I'm with you, Sho Nuff, in believing he's guilty. We are brothers in that way. I see what the problem is now though. You care about this situation on some sort of personal/moral level where all I care about is how this is going to effect my fantasy season so his guilt or innocence is irrelevant to me. It's whether he is going to miss time that is relevant.

Yeah...the strong possibility that he comitted a major federal crime has been blown out of proportion. rolleyes.gif

Innocent until proven guilty is a presumption in a court of law. Goodell does not need to follow that rule. Especially given that Vick does not exactly have a clean past...Ron Mexico, the bird, water bottle, and now dog fighting.

Also this makes me believe you just want to fight with me.

I said Vick's craziness has been blown out of proportion. Read that in context and I'm talking about his history compared to PacMan. "ie, Ron Mexico, the bird, water bottle." The bird he's been punished for. The water bottle is a minor thing at best, and the herpes thing is irrelevant.

And the hype I'm referring to is the media acting like he's going to go to jail when he is not. I understand that you probably have a profound love of animals and you want to see him locked away. I traded him away last year in a keeper league and I wouldn't mind it either, but I'm just trying to give you the likely outcome here.

And while I admit that if he only owned the property, that doesn't absolve him of any wrong doing, there is no way they are going to pin felony jail time on him because he owned the property unless other facts come to light.

I'm with you, Sho Nuff, in believing he's guilty. We are brothers in that way. I see what the problem is now though. You care about this situation on some sort of personal/moral level where all I care about is how this is going to effect my fantasy season so his guilt or innocence is irrelevant to me. It's whether he is going to miss time that is relevant.

Also this makes me believe you just want to fight with me.

I said Vick's craziness has been blown out of proportion. Read that in context and I'm talking about his history compared to PacMan. "ie, Ron Mexico, the bird, water bottle." The bird he's been punished for. The water bottle is a minor thing at best, and the herpes thing is irrelevant.

And the hype I'm referring to is the media acting like he's going to go to jail when he is not. I understand that you probably have a profound love of animals and you want to see him locked away. I traded him away last year in a keeper league and I wouldn't mind it either, but I'm just trying to give you the likely outcome here.

And while I admit that if he only owned the property, that doesn't absolve him of any wrong doing, there is no way they are going to pin felony jail time on him because he owned the property unless other facts come to light.

I certainly don't care about how he will affect my fantasy season...as I don't plan on having that unreliable guy anywhere near my team. Moral level? To an extent...that type of activity does disgust me.

Fight with you? Not at all...

While he has been punished...and you think the water bottle is a minor thing and the herpes irrelevant...I disagree. The water bottle and Herpes thing are all "incidents" which put the NFL and the Falcons in a negative light. The very thing Goodell is claiming to try and fix.

The media is reporting that it may be difficult to prosecute him...but they are simply reporting any breaking news about the facts as they are brought to light.

And Im not stating that he will get any felony jailtime simply for owning the property. Im speaking more from what Goodell might do...and I don't think it will take a felony to suspend him more than 2 games.

Vick is being put in charge of audibles at the line. New offense with huge potential. He's going to have a huge season and be a steal in fantasy drafts.

you're assuming Vick is smart enough to read a defense and audible to the right play... he's not Peyton Manning, and opposing Ds will quickly learn how to fool him because i guarantee he doesn't spend 20+hrs per week studying game film.

he'll have some big games running due to some weak defensive opponents, but he'll be calling his own number way too often...

This IS Fantasy Football so I wonder how this plays out. The way it sounds he will play this year without any suspensions until next season. What does Blank do?? Play him in hope that he plays with a burr up his A$$. That seems advantageous to both Blank and Vick, as I just don't see him in the plans AFTER 2007, and they need get something for him. he needs to perform at a level that makes him marketable after his suspension too. Yes, he will get suspended.

Just saw something on CNN this morninig confirming that feds have dug up and located over 50 pit bull remains and 10 remains of various other breeds.

Vick's gonna need private security just to keep PETA off his ass.

Just saw something on CNN this morninig confirming that feds have dug up and located over 50 pit bull remains and 10 remains of various other breeds.

The great news is that he's cut his hair, so it's all over now and that should wrap up all outstanding issues. :cheers:

I can't find this anywhere on the internet including CNN.com. LINK???

I can't find this anywhere on the internet including CNN.com. LINK???

No link.

They just showed a picture of the house with a caption about the number of dog's found.

This is probably a couple of days old I think. Either that or they were quickly able to identify the type of breeds just by looking at the remains?? It seemed kinda weird that such a big find in this case was worth only a 10 sec blurb.

It was pretty quick, I was hoping they would elaborate on the find but they followed it up by talking about the individual who's currently in jail serving time for fighting dogs, who places Ron at several dog fighting events. Then they cut away to another story.

CNN may have made a mistake by saying "found" , or someone in one of the alphabet agencies leaked it to them. Either way it seems like they may have jumped the gun.

No link.

They just showed a picture of the house with a caption about the number of dog's found.

This is probably a couple of days old I think. Either that or they were quickly able to identify the type of breeds just by looking at the remains?? It seemed kinda weird that such a big find in this case was worth only a 10 sec blurb.

It was pretty quick, I was hoping they would elaborate on the find but they followed it up by talking about the individual who's currently in jail serving time for fighting dogs, who places Ron at several dog fighting events. Then they cut away to another story.

CNN may have made a mistake by saying "found" , or someone in one of the alphabet agencies leaked it to them. Either way it seems like they may have jumped the gun.

Probably meant to say those were the number of dogs found alive. No search warrant or digging has been started.

Probably meant to say those were the number of dogs found alive. No search warrant or digging has been started.

Remember the days when you saw a media report and you didn't have to confirm it with three other sources? God the media is horrible.

Did I miss something? When did Vick become an NFL QB?

Did I miss something? When did Vick become an NFL QB?

2001 - #1 overall pick - QB Atlanta Falcons. Typical hate. People just can't seem to understand that Vick's rushing ability puts pressure on the defense and his rushing stats (1000 yards rushing) from the QB position add to the offense and 2500 yards passing and 20 passing touchdowns last year. Ranked 6th in fantasy football last year for QBs too. HTH

2001 - #1 overall pick - QB Atlanta Falcons. Typical hate. People just can't seem to understand that Vick's rushing ability puts pressure on the defense and his rushing stats (1000 yards rushing) from the QB position add to the offense and 2500 yards passing and 20 passing touchdowns last year. Ranked 6th in fantasy football last year for QBs too. HTH

Your fantasy love I understand, although only in warped leagues where rushing TDs are more valuable. But please explain to me how that translates into Vick being a good NFL QB. I realize all the pressure he puts on defenses because of his running ability, but when they don't have to fear the pass AT ALL it rather diminishes that asset, don't you think?

And for that great ability to lead the team to wins and such, what was their record last year?

Time to stop blaming the WRs for all his ills.

Your fantasy love I understand, although only in warped leagues where rushing TDs are more valuable. But please explain to me how that translates into Vick being a good NFL QB. I realize all the pressure he puts on defenses because of his running ability, but when they don't have to fear the pass AT ALL it rather diminishes that asset, don't you think?

And for that great ability to lead the team to wins and such, what was their record last year?

Time to stop blaming the WRs for all his ills.

Vick was ranked 6th for QBs in leagues that give 6 points to QBs for all touchdowns.

Teams should and do realize that Vick has the ability to pass:

week 7 PIT W 41-38  18 30  60.0  232  4 TDs 2   5 40 
week 8 CIN W 29-27  20 28  71.4  291  3 TDs 0   9 55 

He throws a tight spiral, a great deep ball, in the pocket or on the move, and puts the ball in his receivers hands enough to give them the opportunity to catch it at a 55 - 59% completion percentage...add in his rushing ability and I consider him a top NFL QB.

Atlanta Falcons 2006 record: 7-9. Remember, football is a team sport, besides the QB (who is very important) there are 10 other offensive players and 11 defensive players + special teams players. Bulger most consider a good NFL QB - the Rams were 8-8. And the Bengals were 8-8 with Carson Palmer. HTH

The Falcons have had winning seasons every year except last year with Vick as starting QB. The year before Vick arrived and the year Vick missed the season with a broken leg, the Falcons sucked. HTH x 2

Atlanta Falcons 2006 record: 7-9. Remember, football is a team sport, besides the QB (who is very important) there are 10 other offensive players and 11 defensive players + special teams players. Bulger most consider a good NFL QB - the Rams were 8-8. And the Bengals were 8-8 with Carson Palmer. HTH

The Falcons have had winning seasons every year except last year with Vick as starting QB. The year before Vick arrived and the year Vick missed the season with a broken leg, the Falcons sucked. HTH x 2

I hope you are happy with that because that is all you will ever get from him.

I hope you are happy with that because that is all you will ever get from him.

I don't blame Vick. He was the best player on the field for that team last year. And your basing your opinion of Vick on one season's team record??? C'mon, he's been in the league 7 years now and the Falcons have had winning records, including going to the NFC Championship game three years ago.

Also, I don't really care about the Falcons record. I'm a Cowboys fan. :first: