Sign in to follow this  
Mike FF Today

2007 Cheatsheet Compiler/Draft Buddy

Wow, season #7 for the CC/DB...

Version 1.0 - 6/7/2007

Version 1.1 - 7/5/2007

Compiler: Customized projections/rankings for your league(s)

Draft Buddy Tracks your draft

- Price is $16.95.

- Free Entry Into our Survivor Pool Contest - $5000 grand prize!

- Product/projection updates through the start of the regular season (9/6).

Some of the new additions in '07 include...

• Compiler: Player Comparison tab - View Screencast :(
  • Compiler: Alternate cheatsheets with player notes
  • Buddy: Draft a player from any cheatsheet :banana:
  • Buddy: Auction inflation calculations
  • Buddy: Trash talking sound effects

...and there's more where that came from.

All the details

Purchase Info: You may make your purchase with your credit card through Paypal, or by check/money order. Order here

Compiler Message Board

Draft easy with the CC/DB!

I'm probably stealing a bit of Mike N Mike's thunder, but there will be an article on the site that reviews Krueger's projections from last year. While the review takes a critical slant, you should know that FFToday's projections were ranked #2 in a website study of 17 sites. Although they didn't want to mention them in print, the sites that didn't make the top of the list were several prominent (and imo, well-produced, and well-run) pay sites.

If you are doing your own projections and want a great basic list as a starting point or strong projections to use, get the Compiler as a method to format them in an organized fashion for your scoring system.

Mike Krueger's projections and the MacGregor's Applications are the best 1-2 Punch for your draft day planning.

I'm probably stealing a bit of Mike N Mike's thunder, but there will be an article on the site that reviews Krueger's projections from last year. While the review takes a critical slant, you should know that FFToday's projections were ranked #2 in a http://www.rotosource.com/ppcfootball06.html -]website study of 17 sites[/url]. Although they didn't want to mention them in print, the sites that didn't make the top of the list were several prominent (and imo, well-produced, and well-run) pay sites.

If you are doing your own projections and want a great basic list as a starting point or strong projections to use, get the Compiler as a method to format them in an organized fashion for your scoring system.

Mike Krueger's projections and the MacGregor's Applications are the best 1-2 Punch for your draft day planning.

:banana: Congrats on the ranking!

I'm probably stealing a bit of Mike N Mike's thunder, but there will be an article on the site that reviews Krueger's projections from last year. While the review takes a critical slant, ...

Hey now, it isn't that critical a slant. I just don't want Krueger getting a big head. I mean too big. Well... much bigger :D

Mike, just a suggestion for this year or next you may want to consider -- I'm considering buying the Compiler and Draft Buddy, but I'd really like a demo version I could use to take a test drive. I saw the one-minute video you linked to above, but I'd really like to play with it, make sure it's easy to use, see firsthand how customizable it is, etc.

Any way you could set up a version with bogus data, or data from prior years, for free download so potential buyers can check it out for themselves?

Thanks for all the hard work you do!

That's a good idea. I'll really have to think about how I could put that together, but probably not until next year at this point.

Good stuff. Purchased this for the second year in a row.

Would be very cool to see QB Passer Rating incorporated into the spreadsheets. I'm not sure how widely used that stat is in FF, but my league is going to begin using it this year.

Good stuff. Purchased this for the second year in a row.

Would be very cool to see QB Passer Rating incorporated into the spreadsheets. I'm not sure how widely used that stat is in FF, but my league is going to begin using it this year.

Thank you zaurg. I think we'd run into a problem juding what the passer rating is weekly as it would fluctuate quite a bit. Are you earning points for passer rating each week?

Bump for 8/2 projections. We now have some player notes flowing into the Compiler for players in the news.

Guest _my_2_cents_
Bump for 8/2 projections. We now have some player notes flowing into the Compiler for players in the news.

Good stuff...one question/concern - Will these override notes previously entered manually? :banana:

Good stuff...one question/concern - Will these override notes previously entered manually? :unsure:

Not if you put them under the User Notes heading on each of the position tabs. If you put them under the FF Today heading, then yes. Careful!

I think we'd run into a problem judging what the passer rating is weekly as it would fluctuate quite a bit. Are you earning points for passer rating each week?

Yes, each week. It's looking like our scoring system will be setup like this. Essentially it's setup so it doesn't penalize for INTs, it just gives bonuses for 0 INT/high rating. The majority of our league kept voting no on any kind of negative scoring so this was brought up as an alternative solution to prevent the crap where a QB with 3 TD, 5 INT, 300 YDS outscored a QB with 3 TD, 0 INT, 275 YDS, which was ridiculous.

After setting up the scoring rules I realized I don't really have an easy way to analyze QB rankings based on past stats.

Passing TD: 6 points

Passing Yards: 1 point per 25 yards

Passer Rating Bonus: (QB only. Minimum 15 pass attempts required to qualify.)

0.0 - 89.9: 0 points

90.0 - 99.9: 5 points

100.0 - 109.9: 6 points

110.0 - 119.9: 7 points

120.0 - 129.9: 8 points

130.0 - 139.9: 9 points

140.0 - 149.9: 10 points

150.0 - 158.2: 12 points

158.3 - 158.3: 15 points

You know what I would do for this, this year? I would add prior year passer ratings to the Custom fields for QBs. Then you can refer to it on the cs with notes cheatsheet when you are analyzing your QBs. It doesn't factor into the ranking, but it would be a good reference point if you are otherwise deciding between two similarly ranked QBs.

Can the draft buddy be configured for a 3RR draft, which we're doing this year?

Can the draft buddy be configured for a 3RR draft, which we're doing this year?

You can input a custom draft order, so no problem there. I'll have to see about adding a specific formula for 3RR next year.

You can input a custom draft order, so no problem there. I'll have to see about adding a specific formula for 3RR next year.

Thanks Mike!

I need updates on 8/27 & 9/2. Hope this can be accomodated. Thanks. :rolleyes:

Here is the schedule DAGAME:

6/4 - Initial release

6/21 - Done

7/5 - Done

7/26 - Done

8/2 - Done

8/9 - Done

8/16

8/23

8/30

9/4

Not exactly what you are looking for, but if anything major happens off the planned schedule (major injury) then we will adjust. I even dropped Kenny Irons from the projections this past Fri or Sat when we learned he was lost for the year.

Based on history, I have doubts there will be anything significant between the 8/30 update and the start of the season, because that last preseason game week is almost a non-event for the starters.

can some1 guide me through how to make my own football complier/drafy buddy?? i need help with the formulas??

I'm not sure what you mean Simon. Did you purchase and you're stuck at some point using the software?

i want to use excel now to make my own complier. i just dunno the formulas and need help with that.

You'll save way more time buying the Compiler.

Bump to let you know the 8/23 update is, up!

Was that a screenshot from the actual program, or just an illustration of what it looks like?

Under what set of rules/ point systems is it even conceivable to have Antonio Gates ranked 9th overall?

Was that a screenshot from the actual program, or just an illustration of what it looks like?

Under what set of rules/ point systems is it even conceivable to have Antonio Gates ranked 9th overall?

I'm quite the artist :thumbsup: but that is an actual screenshot. Now I'm not sure how much thought was put into the settings at that time, but just because he's valued that high doesn't mean you have to draft him that high.

I'm quite the artist :lol: but that is an actual screenshot. Now I'm not sure how much thought was put into the settings at that time, but just because he's valued that high doesn't mean you have to draft him that high.

Thanks.

I wasn't trying to be a smartass as I didn't know how the program worked and am interested in trying it out. So the ratings are set by the user... OK, no problem... I knew there had to be some explanation.

Sorry. I was trying to be a smart ass. Long day.

Yes, the user inputs their league settings and scoring system so the Compiler can crank out cheatsheets specific to your league.

Just used it for our draft last night. <Comic book guy>BEST TOOL EVAR</comic book guy>

Thanks Mike

Is there an update since KJ didn't go on PUP and Herron getting put on IR? Don't know any others that I am missing?

Final Update! :music_guitarred:

(barring any other crazy stuff like starting QBs getting released, etc.)