8.12- TE Jason Witten, Dal.

9.01- RB Lamont Jordan, Oak.

10.12- TE Ben Watson, NE

11.01- WR Troy Williamson, Min.

12.12- QB Trent Green, Mia.

13.01- K Nate Kaeding, SD

14.12- WR Drew Carter, Car.

15.01- D/ST New England Patriots

Analysis: This will be a tough squad in the No-Hassle format for the rest of us to have to deal with. The team is well-balanced and has a terrific mix of safe picks and higher upside picks. The quarterbacks are a bit scary in terms of recent injury histories, but other than that this squad looks really solid. Like I said before, I thought Michael Turner was needed to make this team almost fool-proof, but other than that disagreement, it's hard to argue against what JScott did with this spot. Easiest draft spot this year, though, so drafting out of the one spot this year is kind of like holding serve or winning on your homecourt.

Key to No-Hassle success: McNabb staying healthy jumps off the page as being most critical to this team. He's got second round talent/potential and he lasted until the fifth round due to recent history. If McNabb plays a full season, this team should be a monster in our league format.

Favorite pick: Besides McNabb, I thought Mark Clayton fell too far and was a nice pick-up.

Least Favorite pick: Troy Williamson. Doesn't do much for me.

Overall outlook: This team is a serious No-Hassle title contender.

ICEMAN:

1.02- RB Steven Jackson, Stl.

2.11- RB Ronnie Brown, Mia.

3.02- TE Antonio Gates, SD

4.11- RB Marshawn Lynch, Buf.

5.02- WR Deion Branch, Sea.

6.11- QB Tony Romo, Dal.

7.02- WR Terry Glenn, Dal.

8.11- QB Phillip Rivers, SD

9.02- WR Donte' Stallworth, NE

10.11- D/ST Chicago Bears

11.02- K Adam Vinatieri, Ind.

12.11- WR Michael Clayton, TB

13.02- TE Daniel Graham, NE

14.11- RB Anthony Thomas, Buf.

15.02- K Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Analysis: Interesting strategy used by ICE in this one as he acquired a defense early and then took two kickers. The result could produce some extra points at those positions, but leaves him a little vulnerable in the depth department. Also, this team is not very balanced....which is not always a bad thing. The running game is VERY strong and solid and I think the combo of Romo and Rivers will do quite nicely. It's the receivers that worry me a bit....there's an injury history with three of the four and it's possible this team won't get enough points from that position to contend for a title. Gates is a strength, though, and it's hard not to see that where this team is strong, it's VERY strong....so maybe those strengths will carry the team far.

Key to No-Hassle success: The wide receivers must stay healthy and produce. This corps could collapse, which would put a lot on the shoulders of the running game. If a receiver were to break out of this group and be a top ten guy, however, the complimentary firepower could lead to a real run. Also, Ronnie Brown must take the next step in his development.

Favorite pick: Ronnie Brown. Came at a bargain price, all things considered

Least Favorite pick: I think D/ST and kicker positions were filled too quickly

Overall outlook: Title contention is quite possible, but some guys will have to exceed expectations with so many other strong, deep teams to contend with.

Clash of the Titans:

1.03- RB Larry Johnson, KC

2.10- WR Terrell Owens, Dal.

3.03- RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jax.

4.10- WR Plaxico Burress, NYG

5.03- RB Ahman Green, Hou.

6.10- WR Joey Galloway, TB

7.03- TE Jeremy Shockey, NYG

8.10- QB Jay Cutler, Den.

9.03- RB Michael Turner, SD

10.10- WR Ronald Curry, Oak.

11.03- QB Jake Delhomme, Car.

12.10- QB Rex Grossman, Chi.

13.03- WR Michael Jenkins, Atl.

14.10- K Jason Elam, Den.

15.03- D/ST, San Diego Chargers

Analysis: While Clash has definitely left himself open to frustration at the QB position, it's quite evident that this team is otherwise loaded. The touchdown potential is very high with guys like Johnson, Owens, and Jones-Drew. The team has good depth as well with Ahman Green being an ideal choice as a #3 fantasy back in 2007. So many of these picks were well-timed and fit with the overall scheme of the team. It's an explosive team to put it mildly and given Clash's history of competition in the No-Hassle, it should be another stellar edition.

Key to No-Hassle success: As strange at it sounds, it could be Eli Manning taking another step forward in his development. With both Burress and Shockey on this team, both are dependent upon that happening to excel and thus so is Clash to a point. I'd also be a little worried about Terrell Owens staying on task....he is a high, high risk at this stage in his career given all his recent and longtime antics.

Favorite pick: I thought Ronald Curry was well worth the pick at 10.10. Really like that one.

Least Favorite pick: Cutler or Owens. I like Cutler, but I'm more comfortable with him as a back-up as he could face a difficult sophomore experience this year. Owens is just too risky for me.

Overall outlook: No-Hassle title contender, but team has more potential to flop than some others due to high risk/high reward players.

Captain Lou:

1.04- RB Frank Gore, SF

2.09- WR Steve Smith, Car.

3.04- WR Roy Williams, Det.

4.09- QB Tom Brady, NE

5.04- RB Marion Barber III, Dal.

6.09- WR Braylon Edwards, Cle.

7.04- RB Warrick Dunn, Atl.

8.09- RB Kevin Jones, Det.

9.04- WR Kevin Curtis, Phi.

10.09- QB Michael Vick, Atl.

11.04- TE L.J. Smith, Phi.

12.09- TE Randy McMichael, Stl.

13.04- K Robbie Gould, Chi.

14.09- WR Marty Booker, Mia.

15.04- D/ST, Philadelphia Eagles

Analysis: Bow to the master. Lou's drafts are always the same. Solid in terms of balance and high end potential. Sprinkled with value picks. Loaded with depth. What can I say? This team is hard not to like. Several of my sleeper WRs were gobbled up by Lou and he was able to secure some risk guys like Kevin Jones and Vick for real bargain prices. The only negative comment I have is that Lou always seems to pick near the top. I think he pays Mike each year for his always great draft position while ted and I labor in no man's land year after year.

Key to No-Hassle success: Barber needs to become the main back in Dallas or else this team's scoring at RB may be a bit sporadic at times. Also, a third QB might have been nice with Vick in such hot water at the moment. An injury to Brady could thus prove to be a death blow.

Favorite pick: Good golly. I love most of them. Smith, Brady, Barber....all of these were picks I loved. I think this team became great in Rounds 4&5 with Brady and Barber.

Least Favorite pick: Roy Williams. I like Roy, but I wouldn't have picked him quite this high.

Overall outlook: Major title contender. Probably the favorite for me when the season kicks off.

The Soloist:

1.05- RB Willie Parker, Pit.

2.08- WR Marvin Harrison, Ind.

3.05- RB Thomas Jones, NYJ

4.08- WR Andre Johnson, Hou.

5.05- QB Jon Kitna, Det.

6.08- RB Fred Taylor, Jax.

7.05- WR Vincent Jackson, SD

8.08- TE Chris Cooley, Was.

9.05- WR Jerry Porter, Oak.

10.08- QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit.

11.05- RB Dominic Rhodes, Oak.

12.08- K Shayne Graham, Cin.

13.05- WR Ashley Lelie, SF

14.08- QB Jason Campbell, Was.

15.05- D/ST- Denver Broncos

Analysis: Mixed feelings about this team as usual. Solo's teams always have a look all their own as others have mentioned. The 1-2 punch of Parker & Jones at RB along with the 1-2 punch of Harrison & Johnson at WR should yield some pretty productive weeks much of the time. I even think the QBs are probably going to be a little better than most people realize. What I don't like here is the WR depth where I think the cupboard is fairly bare. I thought Lelie was a wasted pick...still, if WR depth is the primary complaint, the team must be fairly solid. And, for the most thought, I think this team is just that.

Key to No-Hassle success: Willie Parker. If used the same way he was last year, he will anchor a talented team in a solid way. But, if the new coaching staff reduces him to a Tiki Barber circa 2006 role, I don't know if this team has enough firepower to stay in the hunt with some deeper, more balanced teams present in the mix.

Favorite pick: Easy choice. I thought Thomas Jones was a steal at 3.05 and made this team instantly better.

Least Favorite pick: Jackson, Porter, & Lelie. Some real risk with these three.

Overall outlook: Possible contender for a title, but some things have to bounce right including Parker remaining the stud that he was last year and Detroit not going in the tank to the point that Kitna is replaced.

Ray Lewis' Limo Driver:

1.06- RB Joseph Addai, Ind.

2.07- WR Torry Holt, Stl.

3.06- WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.

4.07- RB Jamal Lewis, Cle.

5.06- WR Reggie Brown, Phi.

6.07- QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea.

7.06- TE Vernon Davis, SF

8.07- RB DeShaun Foster, Car.

9.06- RB Vernand Morency, GB

10.07- D/ST Baltimore Ravens

11.06- WR Nate Burleson, Sea.

12.07- WR Ernest Wilford, Jax.

13.06- QB Byron Leftwich, Jax.

14.07- RB Adrian Peterson, Chi.

15.06- K David Akers, Phi.

Analysis: I don't have a real strong feeling about this team, but a lot of that stems from my feeling that Jamal Lewis is a washed up back. If not for that and the later round picks, this team would be much easier to get on the bandwagon with. The team is very strong at WR and Ray did a good job putting together a top three that can score week in and week out in double figures. I also like the depth at RB, where Ray protected himself well against injury. Only problem there is there's no guarantee that Foster and Morency will see significant time on the field....still good value where they were picked for sure. Quarterback is a little weak, but not bad and tight end is a possible strength as the season wears on. A good overall effort here tainted a bit not by Ray's ability, but my distaste for a few of the players.

Key to No-Hassle success: Pretty simple here. Lewis, Morency, and Foster. One of these guys will need to step up or else that #2 RB slot is going to be a pain in Ray's side. If Thomas Jones could have slid one more pick, what a team this might be.

Favorite pick: Morency. I thought that was awful late in the draft to get a likely opening day starter. Solid choice.

Least favorite pick: Jamal Lewis, Byron Leftwich. I just think Lewis is washed up and Leftwich could easily get benched, leaving you with no backup to Hass.

Overall outlook: Everybody is good enough to contend in the No-Hassle as this is a fine group of drafters, but as I look at the teams closely, this wouldn't be one of my top choices for contention. Still, there are strengths here- those receivers are gonna be fun to follow.

Dan:

1.07- RB Brian Westbrook, Phi.

2.06- RB Brandon Jacobs, NYG

3.07- WR Anquan Boldin, Ari.

4.06- QB Marc Bulger, Stl.

5.07- WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ

6.06- TE Kellen Winslow, Jr., Cle.

7.07- WR Isaac Bruce, Stl.

8.06- RB Brandon Jackson, GB

9.07- WR Mike Furrey, Det.

10.06- WR Joe Horn, Atl.

11.07- QB Matt Schaub, Hou.

12.06- RB Lorenzo Booker, Mia.

13.07- K Jeff Reed, Pit.

14.06- WR Amani Toomer, NYG

15.07- D/ST Pittsburgh Steelers

Analysis: This team is an interesting blend of younger and aging players and Dan put his own stamp on the draft by not being afraid to go after guys he personally felt would help his team. That being said, he's obviously put a lot on the shoulders of Jacobs as has been discussed before and I thought there were better WRs to be had where Bruce was picked. Still, he did a good job making the team balanced so that solid scoring should come from all of the major positions and there is upside at the tight end and #3 running back spot. I like the way Dan filled out his roster evenly and with balance, but is this team talented/explosive enough to compete? Some of these guys are going to have to reward Dan for picking them so high is all I can say.

Key to No-Hassle success: Hate to sound like a broken record, but Brandon Jacobs is the key to this whole draft. If Jacobs becomes a star, the team will likely progress nicely, but if he struggles in his new role and Jackson doesn't get the ball right away in Green Bay, this team could suffer.

Favorite pick: I'm not opposed to picking QBs early, so I actually liked the Bulger pick. He's low risk with more upside this year given that he has more weapons to work with. Nice pick.

Least favorite pick: The Jacobs pick was ballsy and a breath of fresh air for the draft at that point, so I won't fault it...instead, I would say Winslow as his health and QB situation concern me and I wouldn't have touched him until at least the 8th.

Overall outlook: Short of Jacobs becoming a superstar, I don't know if this team can compete for the No-Hassle title. But, they're not going to be a bottom dweller either. There are too many safe, solid picks for that to happen. I think this team ends up middle of the pack by season's end.

Vikings4Ever:

1.08- RB Shaun Alexander, Sea.

2.05- RB Willis McGahee, Bal.

3.08- WR Javon Walker, Den.

4.05- WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin.

5.08- WR Darrell Jackson, SF

6.05- RB Tatum Bell, Det.

7.08- QB Matt Leinart, Ari.

8.05- RB Lendale White, Ten.

9.08- QB Brett Favre, GB

10.05- WR Derrick Mason, Bal.

11.08- RB Chris Henry, Ten.

12.05- WR Brandon Marshall, Den.

13.08- K Jeff Wilkins, Stl.

14.05- TE Greg Olsen, Chi.

15.08- D/ST Miami Dolphins

Analysis: Plenty of balance here as Vikes tends to draft in a real similar way to what Clash does....with less risk. All positions look solidly stocked with talent, although Darrell Jackson is a bit of a question mark with me and RB depth is sorta suspect behind the powerful duo of Alexander & McGahee. Tight end may also be a point of weakness as Olsen's points may not come right away and thus he could prove to be a poor choice in a best ball format. Nevertheless, there's no denying the talent of this team's likely starters....some of the depth picks concern me, but not enough that I think this isn't a pretty good team. It is.

Key to No-Hassle success: This is a pretty safe team, so the key is just for everyone to meet expectations. Alexander is probably the key, though. If he returns to scoring 18-20 TDs, this team should shine barring injury losses.

Favorite pick: Leinart and Favre. Waited late for a QB, but got a solid tandem from a No-Hassle standpoint.

Least Favorite pick: Darrell Jackson, although there's no denying you didn't reach for him.

Overall outlook: Solid team. Title contender if Alexander and McGahee provide the thrust that most believe they will. Vikes is the defending No-Hassle champ, so he's a proven winner.

FantasyKing:

1.09- RB Laurence Maroney, NE

2.04- WR Chad Johnson, Cin.

3.09- QB Carson Palmer, Cin.

4.04- RB Carnell Williams, TB

5.09- RB Jerious Norwood, Atl.

6.04- TE Tony Gonzalez, KC

7.09- WR Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ

8.04- RB Ladell Betts, Was.

9.09- WR Greg Jennings, GB

10.04- WR Eddie Kennison, KC

11.09- QB Chad Pennington, NYJ

12.04- RB Marcel Shipp, Ari.

13.09- WR Arnaz Battle, SF

14.04- K Olindo Mare', NO

15.09- D/ST Minnesota Vikings

Analysis: I really like this team a lot. FK went out and got a stud at each major position and then drafted nice depth. I think this team could score 100+ a lot of weeks during the year with what they've got. With Williams & Norwood as the 2/3 RBs, one guy should emerge there and produce. Same with Cotchery and Jennings...both are young and should improve on last year's numbers. Betts was also a solid choice in the 8th. Didn't understand the Shipp pick much, but no big deal. My kinda team....much improved effort from the Jetdoc Mock.

Key to No-Hassle success: Palmer's health. There's a big drop-off from Palmer to Pennington and Chad Johnson's production will also drop off big-time if Palmer were to get hurt. He's GOT to stay healthy for this team to succeed.

Favorite pick: Palmer. Potentially a 30 TD QB late in the third is great value in my eyes.

Least Favorite pick: Other than Shipp, maybe Chad Johnson....but just because I like other WRs better there.

Overall outlook: Solid title contender, but the drop-off from contender to also-ran is pretty steep where Palmer is concerned. If you're going to take a QB early, you're soft other places and Palmer must anchor this team.

Remote controller:

1.10- RB Rudi Johnson, Cin.

2.03- RB Reggie Bush, NO

3.10- WR Donald Driver, GB

4.03- QB Drew Brees, NO

5.10- RB DeAngelo Williams, Car.

6.03- WR Chris Chambers, Mia.

7.10- TE Todd Heap, Bal.

8.03- WR D.J. Hackett, Sea.

9.10- WR Brandon Jones, Ten.

10.03- WR Muhsin Muhammad, Chi.

11.10- QB J.P. Losman, Buf.

12.03- TE Bo Scaife, Ten.

13.10- RB Kenny Irons, Cin.

14.03- K Matt Stover, Bal.

15.10- D/ST Jacksonville Jaguars

Analysis: As we've said before, you can't get through a draft with good people in fantasy football and be strong in every area.....that's true here as well, but the positions of strength (QB, RB, TE) are quite strong, making this team a potentially tough one to deal with as the season goes on. The RB position (as would be expected....this is remote we're talking about) is stocked with both consistency and upside as Johnson provides the stability while Bush & Williams add in their high ceilings. It's the WRs that worry me a bit here, but not enough to really have major concerns. Overall, this team is very solid....perhaps one of the surest bets to finish top five barring major injury (of course). Very well put together. The draft of an experienced No-Hassler

Key to No-Hassle success: This team is pretty low-risk, much like Vikes' team, so I think the success will come regardless. The key to winning it all, however, probably lies in getting production out of a WR not named Driver. The other four have some question marks.

Favorite pick: Williams and Heap. Got both guys in spots that I would have loved to get them. Tremendous value on both players in Rounds 5 & 7.

Least Favorite pick: Brandon Jones. Thought some better WRs were out there, but who knows?

Overall outlook: Hard to be title contender drafting from the #10 spot, but I think remote may have accomplished just that. I like the look of this team. Not quite as explosive as some of my other favorites, but definitely a team to watch.

Fumbleweed:

1.11- RB Travis Henry, Den.

2.02- QB Peyton Manning, Ind.

3.11- WR Lee Evans, Buf.

4.02- RB Deuce McAllister, NO

5.11- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.

6.02- WR Santana Moss, Was.

7.11- WR Bernard Berrian, Chi.

8.02- QB Vince Young, Ten.

9.11- WR Santonio Holmes, Pit.

10.02- WR Devery Henderson, NO

11.11- TE Heath Miller, Pit.

12.02- TE Dallas Clark, Ind.

13.11- RB Reuben Droughns, NYG

14.02- K Josh Brown, Sea.

15.11- D/ST Dallas Cowboys

Analysis: I don't always like my finished product in this draft (last year for example, I really didn't), but I can honestly say I'll be happy to see what this team can do. The team is a little weak at WR as many of my June Mock teams tend to be, but I tried to pair a safe player with a high upside player at each of the major positions and what I think that gives me is a team that's very well suited to this format....or to most scoring formats for that matter. It's hard to evaluate your own team, because obviously you like most of the players you picked....my primary regrets are not getting Mike Bell and not having a better option to pick from at 3.11. I like Evans, but I didn't like the value of everybody (including Evans) that was available there.

Key to No-Hassle success: Honestly, I think it's Travis Henry. I burned a first round pick on a journeyman RB going to a team whose coach can get rather schizophrenic about who he plays when. I think he's going to turn heads and end up a top five RB, but I'll be the first to admit it's a somewhat risky way to open a draft grabbing Henry and then opting for another position in Round Two.

Favorite pick: That's easy. I think Adrian Peterson is going to be a star. I thought he was allowed to slide way too far.

Least Favorite pick: Lee Evans. Don't get me wrong, I like Evans. But, a bunch of tiers disappeared right before that pick and I would have liked to have gotten a more reliable #1 WR.

Overall outlook: This team is higher risk in some spots, but I like taking chances from the #11 hole. I think you're not going to win a No-Hassle title from this spot without doing that (although remote may prove otherwise this year), so I think I'm a contender, but certainly there are teams I like better than mine based upon what those guys did with their draft spots.

Gratefulted:

1.12- RB Edgerrin James, Ari.

2.01- RB Clinton Portis, Was.

3.12- WR Marques Colston, NO

4.01- WR Randy Moss, NE

5.12- RB Julius Jones, Dal.

6.01- WR Calvin Johnson, Det.

7.12- QB Eli Manning, NYG

8.01- TE Alge Crumpler, Atl.

9.12- RB Mike Bell, Den.

10.01- WR Matt Jones, Jax.

11.12- QB Alex Smith, SF

12.01- WR Drew Bennett, Stl.

13.12- WR Anthony Gonzalez, Ind.

14.01- K Neil Rackers, Ari.

15.12- D/ST Tennessee Titans

Analysis: This team contains a whole bunch of players I've vowed not to touch this year unless the value is perfect, so naturally I don't like some of the individual pieces in place here (James, Portis, R. Moss, J. Jones, Eli). That being said, the team is very balanced and I loved the Calvin Johnson and Drew Bennett picks. There is upside with both guys and I love the #12 drafter taking some chances. I think you have to do that from this spot. This is truly a well-rounded team....but maybe one without a stud. I don't know how well the team will stack up against others, but I admire some of the elements of ted's draft like taking rookies and some high upside players. Don't love the team, thus, but I do like the job that ted did if that makes any sense.

Key to No-Hassle success: I think it's probably Randy Moss. You shouldn't burn the #37 overall pick on a guy that's washed out, and if Randy turns out to be just that, ted can count on finishing in the bottom half of the league. But, if Moss can be a top 5-10 WR again, there's enough solid talent around him that it could make this team pretty salty.

Favorite pick: Calvin Johnson. You're drafting from the #12 spot. You're not going to win it all drafting a boring vet here. Got for it with a guy most feel is a special talent.

Least Favorite pick: Edgerrin James. I just don't think he's going to produce the way you guys think he will. At all.

Overall outlook: I think this team will have to climb a steep mountain to get into contention, but the WRs have enormous upside....all 3 of them....so it's very possible. Just wish I could get more excited about Manning, James, & Portis. So....possible contender, but I'm skeptical.

Coming this afternoon as time permits.......

So wrong.... :dunno:

I really like what FantasyKing has done. Palmer and Pennington, solid. I think he'll be able to easily get 2 RBs per week with Maroney, Cadillac, Betts, Norwood, and Shipp - a few breakout candidates in there. His WRs are all up and coming, Chad Johnson will be a stud and the Palmer to Johnson hookup will be huge. Cotchery, Jennings, Kennison, and Battle will all have great years - good young WRs on the rise. He has the best TE other than Gates in Gonzo. He easily dominated us all and will win hands down. Grade A+

Wow thanks Fumble! :mad:

Great job Fumble! I am truly excited about Hackett this season, and feel he will split duty with Chambers as my #2. Vince young loved his TE's last season, but getting a teams #1 wideout in the 9th, led to the decision you speak of above. There were a few others who interested me, but they were #2's or #3's on there respective teams. This is likely one of the weaker running back drafts I've had. I like the 4 I got, but the one was a cuff. I was eying Morency for my 9th round pick and Ray grabbed him. That actually led to me regrouping for a wideout in the 9th, hence the decision on Jones. Once again thanks for your recap. There is a lot of positive things that took place in this draft and you caught all of them for everyone.

I'm in agreement with most favorite and least favorite picks on my draft. I was really happy with Hackett and Scaife too. (my educated longshots this year) :wub:

Analysis is finished. Hope this is helpful. :wub:

It is at that and as always I enjoy your insight, now to explain this mess I drafted.

QB Eli Manning, NYG

QB Alex Smith, SF

RB Edgerrin James, Ari.

RB Clinton Portis, Was.

RB Julius Jones, Dal.

RB Mike Bell, Den.

WR Marques Colston, NO

WR Randy Moss, NE

WR Calvin Johnson, Det.

WR Matt Jones, Jax.

WR Drew Bennett, Stl

WR Anthony Gonzales, WR, IND

TE Alge Crumpler, Atl.

I'm not too happy with my 1st 2 picks either but what was left was'nt much to jump up and down about, it was RBBC galore and I didn't want my feature RB duo to be part of a RBBC, the law of averages screams at me that Portis will have a full season (he's due) and I'm hoping that Edge will have a much better season now that he's been with this team foe a year now. I like J. Jones and M. Bell as back-ups, both are still ranked as the #1 RB on thier teams.

I am a little weary on Moss, I'm hoping for some rejuvenation now that he's with a good team and a chance at a title, I shouldn't have Calvin Johnson, I screwed up somehow and didn't have Chambers or DJax on my list. I would have been all over them if I didn't delete them from said list.

I agree that my QB's are questionable, I was hoping for Bulger but missed out, both have upside though.

Thanks, Fumble. Great job. Echoing Ted, I'll explain the mess that my draft was . . . or seemed . . . or became . . . or whatever.

QB Marc Bulger

QB Matt Schaub

RB Brian Westbrook

RB Brandon Jacobs

RB Brandon Jackson

RB Lorenzo Booker

WR Anquan Boldin

WR Laveranues Coles

WR Isaac Bruce

WR Mike Furrey

WR Joe Horn

WR Amani Toomer

TE Kellen Winslow

Okay, the Brandon Jacobs pick. Obviously, this is the key to this team because of when he was taken. It comes down to this. I wanted to try something different than I normally try. I tend to stay away from the RB-RB mantra, and normally go a different direction. After losing Willie Parker in the first, and then Peyton Manning in the second, I decided to try this strategy. Jacobs just happened to be the best on my board, as I'm not overly fond of some of the others that went in the next 12 picks. Unfortunately, that probably threw part of my draft off-kilter, because I wasn't able to do some of the other things that I normally like to try and do. Ultimately, if I regret the Jacobs pick, I don't think it will be because of his production. It will more likely be because of what I cost myself in strategy.

Overall, I've had a lot better drafts. This one will compete within the format given, because the finished product is probably better than the draft effort itself. The Kellen Winslow pick comes from the QB concerns, ironically. I think he will be the most likely benefactor of a young QB in need of a security blanket. I'm comfortable with that.

The RBs overall make me queasy, but I've played dynasty long enough to realize that if you're going to succeed, sometimes the butterflies have to come with it. I'm not crazy about handcuffs; I prefer talent. Jackson is the most talented RB on the Packers. Will he bring it to fruition? Hmmm. That's the question. And if I'm wrong, the team will suffer big. If I'm right, though . . . :).

The WRs don't concern me at all, as all six are key, or a key, in their offenses (Mike Furrey possibly excepted) and put up good numbers. The best ball format that I tried to avoid aids the depth of that position. I tend toward safe wideouts, but I usually like to get a couple younger prospects when I'm carrying that many. But my targets at WR were being carted off right in front of me. Again, I punched myself a round behind with Jacobs. But . . . oh well. It was an interesting experiment.

Pushed. :blink:

Great job, Fumble.

Ray Lewis' Limo Driver:

1.06- RB Joseph Addai, Ind. ~ Best available RB at the time, good value for a guy who will finish in the top 5

2.07- WR Torry Holt, Stl. ~ I still consider him to be one of the best, he was there so I grabbed him; could have gone RB, but his value was much better, and none of the RB's could inspire me to shy away from him

3.06- WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari. ~ Some may have looked RB here, but again, none of the RB's were worth taking over someone like Fitz; I lokked up two WR spots with absolute 2nd round WR's'; His value here was considerable

4.07- RB Jamal Lewis, Cle. ~ Jamal is in the twilight of his career; he still has at least one season left; No longer misused in Baltimore he is actually going to a better O-line; It will be agood hurrah as this cat tears the ass out of defenses since the Brownies are going to allow him the cutback once more; This is about where he should go overall

5.06- WR Reggie Brown, Phi. ~ Much depends on McNabb; I saw his value in the 5th round as appropriate, I am not sure he is a 4th rounder, but I expect him to be a 4th rounder for many people come August; Decent value for me, could have gone RB, but why take a mediocre RB when I can have a starter and difference-maker at WR

6.07- QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea. ~ The 6th is where I start looking for QB's, though often I do wait until later rounds; Could not pass on the value of the Seahawks QB in round 6, he should be taken here.

7.06- TE Vernon Davis, SF ~ I am high on Davis; Pure gutcheck pick as I feel this guy emerges from the shadows this year to challenge Gates for TE supremacy; Very subjective pick; I might covet him a little too much (tunnel vision on a player)

8.07- RB DeShaun Foster, Car. ~ Foster will start at least the first 6 games, but not likely any thereafter; He gets me through a few weeks, I trade him for something else; Backup for Jamal or a flex player

9.06- RB Vernand Morency, GB ~ Morency will start for Green Bay, is more likely to finish as the starter than Jacobs; Gives me a little more backup to Lewis, more potential trade bait; If he excels I shop Lewis to the team that loses a starting RB to injury

10.07- D/ST Baltimore Ravens ~ If you tell me that I must start a defense, I will get the absolute best for teh scoring system; The Ravens are a big play defense and with Reed, McAllister and Landry they posess the ability to score

11.06- WR Nate Burleson, Sea. ~ Completely below the radar right now; People laughed at me when i took Walker "too high" a few years back in this draft/league, then I had the last laugh; Nate is going to emerge as the primary target in Seattle this year....just watch and see

12.07- WR Ernest Wilford, Jax. ~ Tough to pass on a starting WR on a decent passing team in round 12; Wilford is the best WR on the team as well; Loved it that he fell here, should have actually taken him a round earlier

13.06- QB Byron Leftwich, Jax. ~ It has become clear that Garrard is falling out of favor in Jax, Leftwhich is safe in his position; Garrard was furious that the team went after Cpep, and they had to meet with him to calm him down as he knew this was directed at him; You can always get good QB value late

14.07- RB Adrian Peterson, Chi. ~ I am not a big fan of Benson, I think he at least splits time with Peterson, and I think Peterson can overtake him; I expect to have another starting RB in this cat by mid-season

15.06- K David Akers, Phi. ~ I was told I had to take one.....

Remote controller:

1.10- RB Rudi Johnson, Cin. - There isn't a safer 10 out there and feel he should start being comsidered at 6 or 7

2.03- RB Reggie Bush, NO - This guy should be a first rounder, and likely will be by Fanatsy draft time. Like Westbrook last season, this is my second round target this season

3.10- WR Donald Driver, GB - Would have loved to have waited for Driver till 4.03, but he would have been gone. Steady wideout with unbelievable chemistry with his Qb.

4.03- QB Drew Brees, NO - I've jumped on him twice now in the 4th which is very uncommon for me. Love the explosive, and innovative offense. He and Reggie are a strong combo for my squad.

5.10- RB DeAngelo Williams, Car. - I was sweating this one out after taking Brees, as I would not have been comfortable with any other back, at that point, other than Green.

6.03- WR Chris Chambers, Mia. - I had to get another wideout here, and Chambers had the most potential impact of those left. I need him to rebound and respond well to Green.

7.10- TE Todd Heap, Bal. - I would have waited and grabbed Cooley had I passed up Heap. I just didn't see much else out there that would offer the same potential impact, at there respective position, at that time, as Heap.

8.03- WR D.J. Hackett, Sea. - This is my "gut check" guy, as Ray used the term above. He is going to be the top fantasy receiver on this squad. He and Hass had great chemistry last season, and it seemed he was the first guy he looked for. He also did another thing better then the rest of the wideouts....he actually caught the ball!

9.10- WR Brandon Jones, Ten. - I missed out on Morency here and had to scramble. There were about 4 wideouts I considered, but the other 3 were all complimentary receivers and Jones was the #1. Young's 2nd year can only be a bonus to Jones.

10.03- WR Muhsin Muhammad, Chi. - He was one of the four I was looking at in round 9, and was glad to still get him too. I needed to beef up at wide receiver, thus the 3 wideouts in a row.

11.10- QB J.P. Losman, Buf. - As the draft progressed, I knew I was going to wait till this round to grab a second. I had a wishlist of Delhomme, Alex Smtih and Losman. He won't have to do much with bree's starting, but he always has a few incredible games with Evans that will help.

12.03- TE Bo Scaife, Ten. - This is my sleeper pick of the year. The "Texas Connection". I predict 500 yards and 5 tds receiving. 5 carries for 50 yards and a Td..

13.10- RB Kenny Irons, Cin. - A cuff for Rudi. I need to back up my first round investments, and this rb/cuff combo comes cheap compared to LT/Turner or Portis /Betts.

14.03- K Matt Stover, Bal. - This is where you take.............

15.10- D/ST Jacksonville Jaguars ...............kickers and defenses ;)

[quote name='Fumbleweed' date='Jun 18 2007, 01:Least Favorite pick: I think D/ST and kicker positions were filled too quickly

Captain Lou:

1.04- RB Frank Gore, SF

4.09- QB Tom Brady, NE

Analysis: Bow to the master. Lou's drafts are always the same. Solid in terms of balance and high end potential. Sprinkled with value picks. Loaded with depth. What can I say? This team is hard not to like. Several of my sleeper WRs were gobbled up by Lou and he was able to secure some risk guys like Kevin Jones and Vick for real bargain prices. The only negative comment I have is that Lou always seems to pick near the top. I think he pays Mike each year for his always great draft position while ted and I labor in no man's land year after year.

Key to No-Hassle success: Barber needs to become the main back in Dallas or else this team's scoring at RB may be a bit sporadic at times. Also, a third QB might have been nice with Vick in such hot water at the moment. An injury to Brady could thus prove to be a death blow.

Favorite pick: Good golly. I love most of them. Smith, Brady, Barber....all of these were picks I loved. I think this team became great in Rounds 4&5 with Brady and Barber.

Least Favorite pick: Roy Williams. I like Roy, but I wouldn't have picked him quite this high.

Overall outlook: Major title contender. Probably the favorite for me when the season kicks off.

Thank you for taking the time to evaluate the teams Fumble. You too Remote.

I love to read what others think in terms of pure talent, risk reward, and nice value draft picks. It is also

something we can all take in order to build upon. Even if our league drafts have been finalized, it does not

stop us from using the vital information we can always pick up while doing this mock in order to broker a few deals before and during the season.

With regard to my team, I found myself once again avoiding the number two back in order to secure some studs at other positions. I recall doing this last season and went RB, WR,TE,QB, and of course Barber in the 5th. It was a huge gamble that really paid off well for my team in the end.

In the first round Gore was a lock for me. I have some pretty good expectations in 2007 and see the offense actually picking it up a notch or two. Smith and Davis along with the addition of a very good receiver in Jackson to go along with a solid running game could vault this team to 500 or a game above. In the NFC, the

49rs may very well a borderline playoff team. This does not please me so much because my Pats own their 2008 first rounder.

Second round selection of Smith was like a gift IMO. Pound for pound I will take this smallish receiver to war with me every Sunday. He is a big time playmaker who always manages to get open or make the big catch.

I rate him number 1 going into the season. The loss of Keyshaun means more opportunity for Steve IMO, and Jarrett along with the other receivers will make just enough contribution so that this team should not miss a beat in the passing game, Throw in an elusive Williams - Foster running game to keep the defense

honest, and Smith picks up right where he left off and then some.

Third round pick Roy Williams was exactly where I had him ranked. I have him ahead of both Fitzy and Walker. This is a tough tier because stats can be real close, but my guy should be a 1350-1400 yard receiver with possibly 9 scores in 2007. I do not see the other two mentioned hitting those lofty numbers.

Boldin could easily outscore Fitz, so flip a coin. I also think Walker has peaked whereas Williams in my honest opinion has not. If anything, the addition of CJ may actually help boost Williams' numbers in reality.

Odd man out big time at years end is Furrey IMO.

Fourth round pick Tom Brady may very well be my steal of this draft as well as my 10.9 pick of Vick. My feeling is even if Vick plays 8 games, he will be on a mission and most likely have a few monster efforts

that will add valuable points to my year end total. I would have taken him in the 10th in a basic re-draft as well. With regard to Brady, I see him as a 4500-4700 yard passer with 30-32 scores. This will clearly be his best year as a pro. They have lined this team up perfectly IMO, and there will be no excuse for not winning another Super Bowl this year. They have built this team to win multiple titles this deacde. Brady could very well have 5 or 6 rings when the dust settles and he finally retires down the road.

Fifth round selection of Barber was luck of the draft slot. He may have been gone had I been a couple of slots down the draft board. Waiting until the fifth is a huge risk, but Barber who averaged a touchdown a game last season was just reward for the gamble. I am not a huge Julios Jones fan. He has some speed as well as moves, but between injury problems , inability to be a touchdown scorer, and never stepping up

has me liking Barber more and more each day. Playing part time, he outpointed Julios the feature back last season, and could easily step in when his time does come.I thought he was a real value pick at the 5.03.

Sixth round Braylon Edwards. I love the upside with this kid. I do not care how bad a particular team may be, he is a pure talent who will somehow get the job done. I think he has the potential to creep up somewhere between the 10-14 rankings by years end. I think a pretty nice value pick at 6.09 for my number 3 wide receiver. I know many of you like him, and he should be a definite target in all upcoming drafts. Was very pleased he was there at the top of my charts when the pick was on the clock.

Seventh round Warrick Dunn was the next guy on my list and most logical considering I only had two running backs as of the end of the 6th round. A decent all purpose back who can platoon on any given week. I agree with Bomb that he is your typical 1000 plus yard guy who may get you 5 or 6 scores. He suits up and plays every Sunday so that alone makes him viable in my book. Should Vick get a minimum suspension,

Dunn could post even better numbers taking on the full load. I am not a firm believer yet in Norwood and would have to see him play meaningful minutes in pre season. He did have some decent carries in 2006, but I am not sold on 2007 as being his year.

Eight round Kevin Jones. Another guy on my list sliding to my pick. Bomb moved quickly here on Jones. He has more upside than Dunn, and once back healthy he can easily post #2 tailback numbers almost every week. I think the Lions will have a real nice offense this coming season, and Jones does have time to recoup. He has been doing light running and I do expect to see him back close to full stride come early fall.

Even if they ease him back in, he will provide my team with a great boost come mid season and also have fresh legs for homestretch. Barring prolonged injury, Jones at the 8.9 was yet another value pick IMO.

Ninth round Kevin Curtis opened a few eyes around the draft board. I have thought that given the chance and with the right QB, Curtis can be a huge playmaker in this league. Opposite Brown while heading downfield (per Andy Reid) McNabb will indeed find Kevin. I honestly believe this guy has far more talent

than what we are willing to give him. I watched him closely(nfl ticket ) two seasons ago when Bruce missed time, this guys was great. Showed awesome speed, nice hands, and speed after the catch. Say and think what you will, but Curtis is a wide receiver destined to make some noise and I will gladly take him as my number 4.

Eleventh round LJ Smith was a ton of talent I never expected there to be honest. McNabb coming back makes him so much better. I am honestly looking for 700 and 8 scores this season. I know this is real lofty for the faint of heart, but LJ has been on the cusp for a couple of seasons and I think this is finally the year he joins in with the Heaps, Crumplers, and Cooleys of the world. He may not get as mant receptions, but I do expect more TD's.

Round twelve had me going with a man child tight end who appears to have a Dolphin chip on his shoulder.

The Rams for years were lacking that big play tight end basically lagged behind many in the league in the transformation of the position. Could this be the year they join the club? Could McMichael under a new staff which favors the position perform even at a higher level than that of his former days in Miami? I am anxious to find out ,and using a 12.08 on him was worth the price of admission. Could be a great value pick, or a basic 12.08. We shall see soon enough.

Thirteenth round Robbie Gould should pick up where he left off with a very productive 2006 season. I had him on my charts third behind Adam and Nate, so taking him there was value enough for me.

Fourteenth round the Eagles were my defense of choice. NFC East should be competitive and I do like Andy Reid. He is a very good coach who seams to get a little more out of his guys than most other coaches. I think he is also a very good defensive minded coach that does know how to adjust and scheme, and has a great staff that will keep this defense scoring 4-6 or more TD's every season. I was very comfortable with this selection. a perfect defense for this format a at a cheap price. Think Value...

Fifteenth round thanks to DaBomb and the heads up that Booker was still there. How I confused him with Engram taken a few rounds earlier is beyond me. But for various reasons already discussed, he was the perfect number 5 wide receiver who should have a few big games and may see the end zone 6 times now that the Phins have a smart QB in Green.

Bottom line, this particular team other than a couple of guys was drafted according to my draft boards as well as plan. I am pleased with this draft because I actually like all of my players. And just recently I have become a bit fonder of McMichael and his opportunity in St.Louis. I was luke warm on him the past month or so as is most of the fantasy football world. My advice is that if you can get him in the 11th, take a shot. Could be a great number 2 or on some weeks a fantastic number 1. This was a great mock and I really

felt that at any given time, a bad pick could really sour many of the gains made with what I considered to be nice value picks. I think putting risk off until later in the draft was the smart way to proceed against this group,and would also allow me to focus on trying to build a playoff contender brick by brick. But then again,

what we all consider risk could be quite different. After all, I am the guy who seams to draft his running backs in the 4th round and beyond. With me, I guess it is all about my perceived value at the selection.

I am really looking forward to this upcoming season. I see plenty of teams in this league that can contend.

I think that Fumble and Remote have done a fantasic job in breaking down each team as well as the draft.

No matter if it was a positive or a negative with regard to a particular player, series of picks , or draft style in general, we all learn a lot when we meet here every June. I know I do. It is too bad that the main board

could not be more involved. So many over there have a lot to learn, but probably never will.

Well thanks for having me. Best of luck to all of you this upcoming season, and I am sure I will run into most of you in the near future. I am now off to join my IBL mates who are probably wondering what the hell I am doing still over here. I see another Championship for FFToday with the group that has been assembled for this season, and I am now anxious to join in. :unsure:

Hey guys, nice solid draft this year. I'm sorry I didn't have the time this time to compete in it. This is always my favorite internet draft every year. With several veterans who return each year, one would think you'd find some insight and maybe be able to pick a pocket or two as the draft goes on. Never happens in this draft. The frustration factor can get high when your next pick goes before you can get him every round.

Nice job guys. Have fun with the No Hassle competition and I look forward to being back next year.

:first:

We might get s bit more input from the main board if it was updated there?

Input, yes. You will also get more nonsense and garbage spewed into that fray. But that's the nature . . . you take the good and the bad. :dunno:

Input, yes. You will also get more nonsense and garbage spewed into that fray. But that's the nature . . . you take the good and the bad. :dunno:

Agreed, but there are 10 or 12 guys over there that I would love to hear from. Especially our IBL backups????

Maybe even Mike, and Mike, and Wildman, and Kilroy??

Agreed, but there are 10 or 12 guys over there that I would love to hear from. Especially our IBL backups????

Maybe even Mike, and Mike, and Wildman, and Kilroy??

I can't argue with that. Although I wonder if Mike and Mike would respond. Don't they have a morning show on ESPN?

:dunno:

I can't argue with that. Although I wonder if Mike and Mike would respond. Don't they have a morning show on ESPN?

:doh:

Yeah, and Ray has Golic so far up his A$$, it's embarassing. :blink: Greenie tends to devalue vets. :lol:

Yeah, and Ray has Golic so far up his A$$, it's embarassing. :pointstosky: Greenie tends to devalue vets. :first:

Think it's a safe bet then that Greenie wouldn't like my draft . . . :)

JScott:

1.01- RB LaDainian Tomlinson, SD

2.12- WR Reggie Wayne, Ind.

3.01- RB Cedric Benson, Chi.

4.12- WR Hines Ward, Pit.

5.01- QB Donovan McNabb, Phi.

6.12- RB Chester Taylor, Min.

7.01- WR Mark Clayton, Bal.

8.12- TE Jason Witten, Dal.

9.01- RB Lamont Jordan, Oak.

10.12- TE Ben Watson, NE

11.01- WR Troy Williamson, Min.

12.12- QB Trent Green, Mia.

13.01- K Nate Kaeding, SD

14.12- WR Drew Carter, Car.

15.01- D/ST New England Patriots

Analysis: On first glance, I would love to have this team. This is the type of squad that should contend as long as injury is a non-issue. McNabb, LT, Wayne, and Ward form a solid--and bordering on spectacular--core to the team. These four players are some of the most consistent, high scorers in the game. Although I'm not crazy about any of the #2 RBs, the owner did a good job getting enough RB depth to hit on one of them. I kind of like Jordan to bounce back and if Benson is going to approach his potential this will be the year he does it. I agree this is as well-balanced a team as you'll find in any league.

Key to No-Hassle success: McNabb remaining healthy, which is huge because Green is a big drop off and I doubt he becomes 2007's version of Drew Brees. I'm not sold on McNabb being the top-flight starter post-injury that he was pre-injury but if he can last the season, he'll be good enough. Hitting on a #2 RB week in and week out will be big for this squad.

Favorite pick: After LT...Lamont Jordan in round 9. I know he was a bust last year, but to get a starter this late is grand larceny. I could see him having a Travis Henry-like season (2006 Titans version) this year and out-performing the rest of his #2 RB candidates.

Least Favorite pick: McNabb. I love the player, but hate the fact he's coming off injury and in round five he's over valued here. He could have had Hasselbeck a round later, Cutler a few rounds later, or Vince Young or Vick. I'd rather take my chances on these guys who are not coming off injury and load up on more receiver depth. I just don't see McNabb as more than a low-end starter this year.

Overall outlook: LT makes this team a contender. Consistent play from the #2 RB and QB could make this team a champion.

ICEMAN:

1.02- RB Steven Jackson, Stl.

2.11- RB Ronnie Brown, Mia.

3.02- TE Antonio Gates, SD

4.11- RB Marshawn Lynch, Buf.

5.02- WR Deion Branch, Sea.

6.11- QB Tony Romo, Dal.

7.02- WR Terry Glenn, Dal.

8.11- QB Phillip Rivers, SD

9.02- WR Donte' Stallworth, NE

10.11- D/ST Chicago Bears

11.02- K Adam Vinatieri, Ind.

12.11- WR Michael Clayton, TB

13.02- TE Daniel Graham, NE

14.11- RB Anthony Thomas, Buf.

15.02- K Stephen Gostkowski, NE

Analysis: I like this team's first three backs, Gates, and the value picks at QB. The WR are slight gambles, but I like them to do well enough to make this team a contender as long as Gates and Jackson lead the way, as expected.

Key to No-Hassle success: QB play. Rivers is the next Bernie Kosar, but is that a good thing for a fantasy owner? I'm not sure. Romo will have to prove defenses haven't figured him out. I'm not a Wade Phillips fan and I'm worried, Wade will contribute to Romo looking like a Bum (pun intended).

Favorite pick: Donte Stallworth in round 9. He might be the best WR on this squad. Branch will be a solid starter, but Stalloworth is a potential steal here. Lynch is a close second--he and Calvin Johnson are my two favorites for rookie of the year--the Bills RB has the multi-dimensional game of a Roger Craig and the toughness of Corey Dillon.

Least Favorite pick: Philip Rivers. I know he did okay as a QB, but who are his receivers after Gates and LT--two players at positions designed for short to intermediate plays? Name a productive, immobile, fantasy QB who doesn't have a consistent deep threat as a receiver?

Overall outlook: This is a sink or swim/boom-bust team. There are a lot of risks at WR and QB. I also didn't like the early picks at DT and K. I'm surprised Lynch went so high. Rookie RBs in many leagues go off the board after round 4 or 5, but I guess the starting gig warrants the early pick.

Clash of the Titans:

1.03- RB Larry Johnson, KC

2.10- WR Terrell Owens, Dal.

3.03- RB Maurice Jones-Drew, Jax.

4.10- WR Plaxico Burress, NYG

5.03- RB Ahman Green, Hou.

6.10- WR Joey Galloway, TB

7.03- TE Jeremy Shockey, NYG

8.10- QB Jay Cutler, Den.

9.03- RB Michael Turner, SD

10.10- WR Ronald Curry, Oak.

11.03- QB Jake Delhomme, Car.

12.10- QB Rex Grossman, Chi.

13.03- WR Michael Jenkins, Atl.

14.10- K Jason Elam, Den.

15.03- D/ST, San Diego Chargers

Analysis: I'm a fan of Clash, but I'm leery of this team. It's a good-great squad on paper but I see a lot of issues with this squad. LJ had over 400 touches and I don't remember a player other than James Wilder than approached the same success the following year. T.O. is getting old, Gallowy is even older, and I just don't see a lot of RB depth unless LT goes down and Turner takes over. If Clash can squeeze out one more year from his vets, this squad will contend for the title. But it's a bit iffy.

Key to No-Hassle success: LJ bucking the statistical trend of 400+ carry backs not working out the following season.

Favorite pick: Either Jones Drew in the 3rd round or Cutler in Round 8...I think both have the talent to be excellent starters this year. The odds are more in favor of it happening for Drew.

Least Favorite pick: Joey Galloway. Having one old WR (T.O.) is okay, but two makes me nervous.

Overall outlook: I'm not as high on this squad. A lot of big names, but a lot of age here. I'm worried the wheels are falling off and the young ones are too young to make up for it.

Captain Lou:

1.04- RB Frank Gore, SF

4.09- QB Tom Brady, NE

Analysis: I love this team. Lots of depth at RB, quality WRs and great value at QB and TE. Lou can draft for me any time.

Key to No-Hassle success: He needs to either hit on his line up choice for his #2 RB every week or one of these players has to step up and be a no-brainer choice every week. Same for his #3 WR.

Favorite pick: I'm picking three--Barber in round 5; Jones in round 8; and Vick in round 10. Jones is my favorite pick. I think he's severely undervalued this year and could be a top 12-15 back. I'm not so worried about Tatum Bell cutting into his time. I see Jones as the Motor City Faulk and Bell as Lamar Gordon or Trung Canidate.

Least Favorite pick: Marty Booker. I know he's depth, but with all these safe picks, the late rounds are great for a swing for the fences with a boom bust pick...

Overall outlook: I agree with the analysis I'm typing over here...Major title contender. Probably the favorite for me when the season kicks off.

The Soloist:

1.05- RB Willie Parker, Pit.

2.08- WR Marvin Harrison, Ind.

3.05- RB Thomas Jones, NYJ

4.08- WR Andre Johnson, Hou.

5.05- QB Jon Kitna, Det.

6.08- RB Fred Taylor, Jax.

7.05- WR Vincent Jackson, SD

8.08- TE Chris Cooley, Was.

9.05- WR Jerry Porter, Oak.

10.08- QB Ben Roethlisberger, Pit.

11.05- RB Dominic Rhodes, Oak.

12.08- K Shayne Graham, Cin.

13.05- WR Ashley Lelie, SF

14.08- QB Jason Campbell, Was.

15.05- D/ST- Denver Broncos

Analysis: This team is going to have some huge weeks, but I worry it will lack consistency. I love rounds 1-6 and hate rounds 7-15. Too many iffy WRs after round 6--they are either 3rd or 4th options for their team or lack a good QB to throw the ball to them. I'm not sold on RB depth. Jones will be solid, but worry about Fast Willie. I may be in the minority, but I believe Najeh Davenport will cut into Parker's time/redzone opportunities. Harrison and Johnson are an excellent tandem, but the #3 WR is lacking. If he had Gates or a sleeper like Vernon Davis, I might be more excited about the TE compensating a bit for the lack of #3 WR. I do think Porter will come through, but I don't know if the team is strong enough top to bottom to be more than a 1st round playoff contender.

Key to No-Hassle success: RB#2 and WR#3...familiar refrain, but that's how it usually works when separating the men from the boys.

Favorite pick: Two picks: Andre Johnson stolen in round 4 and Big Ben taken in round 10...I think he has some excellent weapons in the passing game and he's going to take the next step as a fantasy starter. Good depth here.

Least Favorite pick: Vincent Jackson at 7.05. Too early for a sleeper. I know people really like this guy, but he's at best the 3rd chair fiddle player in this offense. I'm not enthused.

Overall outlook: If the picks from rounds 7-15 play up to potential, this team will be strong. But I believe this team will be a tough opponent, but not tough enough against the best 3-4 other squads

Ray Lewis' Limo Driver:

1.06- RB Joseph Addai, Ind.

2.07- WR Torry Holt, Stl.

3.06- WR Larry Fitzgerald, Ari.

4.07- RB Jamal Lewis, Cle.

5.06- WR Reggie Brown, Phi.

6.07- QB Matt Hasselbeck, Sea.

7.06- TE Vernon Davis, SF

8.07- RB DeShaun Foster, Car.

9.06- RB Vernand Morency, GB

10.07- D/ST Baltimore Ravens

11.06- WR Nate Burleson, Sea.

12.07- WR Ernest Wilford, Jax.

13.06- QB Byron Leftwich, Jax.

14.07- RB Adrian Peterson, Chi.

15.06- K David Akers, Phi.

Analysis: I enjoy reading this guy's posts on football and I think he drafted a solid team despite some risks. If he had a better #2 RB, I'd say this team is one of the best 3 or 4 overall. If Lewis comes through--which is a possibility if Bentley and Thomas solidify the line (if that's what the Limo Driver is thinking) this team could be a juggernaut. Smart picks at WR QB, and TE. Very well done considering the early risk of Lewis.

Key to No-Hassle success: I agree with what was already said....Pretty simple here. Lewis, Morency, and Foster. One of these guys will need to step up or else that #2 RB slot is going to be a pain in Ray's side. If Thomas Jones could have slid one more pick, what a team this might be.

Favorite pick: Vernon Davis--I think he has a shot to be as good as Gates this year--maybe better.

Least favorite pick: Nate Burleson at 11.06. Hard to be picky about this late a pick, but he's like a younger version of Marty Booker...I'd rather see a bigger swing for the fences this late.

Overall outlook: If he finds a #2 RB, he'll be pulling away. If not, he'll be a tough opponent but will have a tough time making the playoffs.

Dan:

1.07- RB Brian Westbrook, Phi.

2.06- RB Brandon Jacobs, NYG

3.07- WR Anquan Boldin, Ari.

4.06- QB Marc Bulger, Stl.

5.07- WR Laveranues Coles, NYJ

6.06- TE Kellen Winslow, Jr., Cle.

7.07- WR Isaac Bruce, Stl.

8.06- RB Brandon Jackson, GB

9.07- WR Mike Furrey, Det.

10.06- WR Joe Horn, Atl.

11.07- QB Matt Schaub, Hou.

12.06- RB Lorenzo Booker, Mia.

13.07- K Jeff Reed, Pit.

14.06- WR Amani Toomer, NYG

15.07- D/ST Pittsburgh Steelers

Analysis: I'm not sure if this owner is a risk taker or just made due with what was given him. This is a solid team from picks 1-6, but picks 7-10 are going to make or break him. Bruce is a favorite, but his career is coming to a close. Jackson is a talent but not any more talented than Morency and already hurting a bit. Furrey is savvy, but last year might have been his 15 minutes of fame. Horn? See Isaac Bruce. This is a decent team, but there are too many things that need to happen to turn this squad in the right direction. He's going to need 1 or 2 players to carry his squad and I believe only 2-3 of his starters have a shot of coming through like this on a weekly basis.

Key to No-Hassle success: WR depth scares me here. If the vets come through, he could be playoff bound. Otherwise, he's possibly cellar-dwelling despite some quality players at the top of the draft.

Favorite pick: I think Schaub will surprise and could allow him to trade Bulger for help at the other positions.

Least favorite pick: Furrey...CJ is the next rookie Wr in the 2000's to be a top-tier starter.

Overall outlook: Agreed here, except I do think there is a chance of hitting the bottom in this competitive of a league....Short of Jacobs becoming a superstar, I don't know if this team can compete for the No-Hassle title. But, they're not going to be a bottom dweller either. There are too many safe, solid picks for that to happen. I think this team ends up middle of the pack by season's end.

Vikings4Ever:

1.08- RB Shaun Alexander, Sea.

2.05- RB Willis McGahee, Bal.

3.08- WR Javon Walker, Den.

4.05- WR T.J. Houshmandzadeh, Cin.

5.08- WR Darrell Jackson, SF

6.05- RB Tatum Bell, Det.

7.08- QB Matt Leinart, Ari.

8.05- RB Lendale White, Ten.

9.08- QB Brett Favre, GB

10.05- WR Derrick Mason, Bal.

11.08- RB Chris Henry, Ten.

12.05- WR Brandon Marshall, Den.

13.08- K Jeff Wilkins, Stl.

14.05- TE Greg Olsen, Chi.

15.08- D/ST Miami Dolphins

Analysis: This is a sneaky team because there are a lot of solid players sandwiching some risks. I really like the first 5 picks. Favre has become a great value this late. Derrick Mason in round 10 is a value despite him getting older. I don't like Lendale White, but he's a value in round 8.

Key to No-Hassle success: QB play. If his wait for QBs pay off, I think he'll make the playoffs.

Favorite pick: Darrell Jackson in round five. Sorry, but I think he'll be just fine right here and I like Alex Smith's chances with a veteran receiver who understands how to play within a team structure.

Least Favorite pick: Tatum Bell in round six. I believe Jones will be the guy and though Bell's selection was too early. I also believe Bell is not an instinctive runner.

Overall outlook: I like this team. They may have to scrap to get into the playoffs, but they'll do damage if they get there.

FantasyKing:

1.09- RB Laurence Maroney, NE

2.04- WR Chad Johnson, Cin.

3.09- QB Carson Palmer, Cin.

4.04- RB Carnell Williams, TB

5.09- RB Jerious Norwood, Atl.

6.04- TE Tony Gonzalez, KC

7.09- WR Jerricho Cotchery, NYJ

8.04- RB Ladell Betts, Was.

9.09- WR Greg Jennings, GB

10.04- WR Eddie Kennison, KC

11.09- QB Chad Pennington, NYJ

12.04- RB Marcel Shipp, Ari.

13.09- WR Arnaz Battle, SF

14.04- K Olindo Mare', NO

15.09- D/ST Minnesota Vikings

Analysis: Here's a risk-taker. Individually, I like many of these players but collectively the roster scares me. But there's a lot of potential for him to hit in several key areas. Honestly, this is a team I'd love to have in 2008, but I think is a year too early to earn its coronation...

Key to No-Hassle success: Maroney and Cadillac playing up to their talent. Both need to stay healthy.

Favorite pick: Cadillac and Norwood this early--gutsy picks. I like the cajones of this owner.

Least Favorite pick: Cadillac and Norwood this early.

Overall outlook: Boom-Bust. If Greg Jennings can develop into a consistent #2 WR for the Packers and his starting RBs work out, then I like this squad. Right now I'm leaning a bit more to bust, but I admire this owner's bold style.

Remote controller:

1.10- RB Rudi Johnson, Cin.

2.03- RB Reggie Bush, NO

3.10- WR Donald Driver, GB

4.03- QB Drew Brees, NO

5.10- RB DeAngelo Williams, Car.

6.03- WR Chris Chambers, Mia.

7.10- TE Todd Heap, Bal.

8.03- WR D.J. Hackett, Sea.

9.10- WR Brandon Jones, Ten.

10.03- WR Muhsin Muhammad, Chi.

11.10- QB J.P. Losman, Buf.

12.03- TE Bo Scaife, Ten.

13.10- RB Kenny Irons, Cin.

14.03- K Matt Stover, Bal.

15.10- D/ST Jacksonville Jaguars

Analysis: Love the backs, Brees, and Heap. I'd say for what this owner did from rounds 1-5. I also think he'll hit on one of his three receivers after round 7. I like this team the more I look at it. I think this team is the dark horse for the championship.

Key to No-Hassle success: Reggie Bush taking that next step. If he does, he's got the poorman's LT.

Favorite pick: Chambers as a rebound player and Kenny Irons at 13.10...great pick. This RB can play and its great depth. I can see Irons surprising in the NFL.

Least Favorite pick: Losman as his #2 QB. I'd rather have picked a QB where he picked Muhammad. Minor point. Losman was pretty good to end the year...

Overall outlook: My dark horse candidate to win it all.

Fumbleweed:

1.11- RB Travis Henry, Den.

2.02- QB Peyton Manning, Ind.

3.11- WR Lee Evans, Buf.

4.02- RB Deuce McAllister, NO

5.11- RB Adrian Peterson, Min.

6.02- WR Santana Moss, Was.

7.11- WR Bernard Berrian, Chi.

8.02- QB Vince Young, Ten.

9.11- WR Santonio Holmes, Pit.

10.02- WR Devery Henderson, NO

11.11- TE Heath Miller, Pit.

12.02- TE Dallas Clark, Ind.

13.11- RB Reuben Droughns, NYG

14.02- K Josh Brown, Sea.

15.11- D/ST Dallas Cowboys

Analysis: Love the WRs, QBs, and Adrian Peterson in round 5. Overall, I don't like the RBs.

Key to No-Hassle success: His top two RBs. They better have seasons like 2006 or this team is likely going to sink.

Favorite pick: Santonio Holmes in round 9...I think he might outproduce Hines Ward and the other popular breakout WRs--Edwards and Clayton.

Least Favorite pick: Picks 10-12. He overkilled on WRs and TEs IMO. I would have rather seen another RB here.

Overall outlook: None of these teams were poorly drafted. Still someone has to lose out in this league. I think this team has some serious holes. I believe the holes will get filled during the season, but will it be in time for him not to experience some dips in production along the way? That's the issue I think he'll experience.

Gratefulted:

1.12- RB Edgerrin James, Ari.

2.01- RB Clinton Portis, Was.

3.12- WR Marques Colston, NO

4.01- WR Randy Moss, NE

5.12- RB Julius Jones, Dal.

6.01- WR Calvin Johnson, Det.

7.12- QB Eli Manning, NYG

8.01- TE Alge Crumpler, Atl.

9.12- RB Mike Bell, Den.

10.01- WR Matt Jones, Jax.

11.12- QB Alex Smith, SF

12.01- WR Drew Bennett, Stl.

13.12- WR Anthony Gonzalez, Ind.

14.01- K Neil Rackers, Ari.

15.12- D/ST Tennessee Titans

Analysis: This is another boom-bust team. His WRs are potentially dominant and I like both backs to return to form. Starting QB and RB depth are question marks. I like Alex Smith this year...if he steps up...this squad could shock the league.

Key to No-Hassle success: Portis. If he can stay healthy, this team will contend.

Favorite pick: Agreed with this one...Calvin Johnson. You're drafting from the #12 spot. You're not going to win it all drafting a boring vet here. Got for it with a guy most feel is a special talent.

Least Favorite pick: Colston...I think he benefited from being a rookie that defenses overlooked and he'll struggle a bit.

Overall outlook:I'm leaning towards boom but it could also mean "ka-boom" and that's not so good.

Here's my crack of dawn analysis...good luck to each of you. If I predicted success, I hope I'm right. If I predicted failure, I hope I'm wrong :)

I'm curious as to why you think Travis Henry won't repeat his 2006 numbers? He's on a team that runs the ball so much better than the Titans can.

I love Henry this year. That being said, if you're not sold on him, I can see how his selection in the first would seem out of sorts.

I'm curious as to why you think Travis Henry won't repeat his 2006 numbers? He's on a team that runs the ball so much better than the Titans can.

I love Henry this year. That being said, if you're not sold on him, I can see how his selection in the first would seem out of sorts.

I think Henry is a great choice on paper. I just am being picky as to where I'd hope to acquire him and that's as my second back mainly because of the risk involved with his history of injury. Plus it was in the wee hours of the morning when I looked at this draft.

Looking at your team again I'd say if your RBs perform, you could be seriously dangerous. Just worried about Reggie eating into McCallister's carries this year and Henry splitting time with Mike Bell more than what's said. I just feel like when I think of Henry, McCallister, and Peterson, the word "if" pops up for me--they'll be good/great IF...

Manning and Young as a 1-2 punch is killer...