Sign in to follow this  
Grateful Parrot

*** official *** " jerry porter was a dumb pick league ", draft results

A run down of my draft and the reasoning for it..

whynotme

1. (9) Laurence Maroney--Basically felt like I had no choice here. I believe Maroney was the only logical pick at this spot.

2. (16) Chad Johnson--The chance to get the top WR on my board was to much to pass up. I could have gone Ronnie Brown here but decided to get my guy.

3. (33) Deuce McAllister--Servicable #2 running back for the back end of the 3rd round. Just one packet of hot sauce away from being a super quality #2 back.

4. (40) Antonio Gates-- Thought about Driver here for a second, but the chance to have 2 players who I had #1 at their position was to much to pass up. Now that I look at it I see this pick as an obvious no brainer.

5. (57) Julius Jones-- Needed depth and Jones was the top RB on my board at this point.

6. (64) Chris Chambers--Solid #2 reciever in my opinion. Probably not pro bowl like numbers but I stayed true to my board and took the top guy at a position of need in a 3WR PPR league. The addition of Trent Green moved him up my board obviously.

7. (81) Warrick Dunn--Once again looking for RB depth so I snagged the top guy on my list.

8. (88) Matt Hasselbeck-- This is what makes or breakes my team I think. If Hasslebeck returns to form after the injury, then I could be a sleeper in this league.

9. (105) Isaac Bruce-- Im not sold on this pick. Hence the guy I drafted right behind him.

10. (112) Derrick Mason-- Trying to solidify my recieving corps here. Mason should be solid and I feel like I can plug him in any week if need be.

11. (129) Brett Favre-- Was looking for a backup QB and decided on the wiley ol veteran. Hopefully the couple of weeks I have to play him he throws 3-4 TD's instead of 3-4 INTs as we all know he is very capable of doing either.

12. (136) Mike Furrey--Simply to much to pass up here with Furrey. If the guys numbers are even close to what he had last year then in the 12 round I think this was my late round steal.

13. (153) Anthony Thomas-- Im not a Lynch believer just yet and the train may just well be a surprise this season.

14. (160) Michael Pittman-- Simply the fact that Caddy is injury prone is the only reason I took Pittman.

15. (177) Drew Carter-- I expect some flashes of good things from Carter this season. If Smith goes down he could be the go to guy.

16. (184) Owen Daniels-- ahh back up T.E. thats all

17. (201) Patrick Crayton-- My Homer pick. I really like Crayton and believe he is an NFL starter.

18. (208) Minnesota-- Should be ok this is the worst part of the draft IMO.

19. (225) Matt Stover--I hate drafting kickers.

20. (232) Tennessee-- My sleeper D for this season..

Strengths- My recieving corps including Gates.

Weakness- #2 RB, and the question mark at QB.

Barring any major injuries I believe that my fate rests in Hasselbeck. I am pretty happy with my team and look forward to a great season..

Wanna know what I did for lunch?

LBH

Steal of the draft, Kevin Jones, 8th round. He won't explode, but he will be healthy and a very solid #2 or 3 RB. I don't feel like Bell is a threat. I can't find anything wrong with this team, maybe drafting Vernon Davis 2 rounds too early? But it's a solid starting lineup and a solid backup core. This team is not going to dominate each week and be the points total leader, but it will have great stats. I see this as a playoff team for sure, maybe even championship?

9 out of 10

I appreciated your team by team analysis. I was surprised to see KJ drop like he did, but I think the steal of my draft was AJ at 4.10. I believe he has a realistic shot to be a top 5 wr. Obviously I like Vernon Davis a lot this year, and there isnt another TE outside of Gates that Im higher on going into this season. Everything Ive read about him this year sounds positive, including a RZ practice where Smith targeted him on 6 consecutive passes

I appreciated your team by team analysis.

Of course you do. The man love for you is obvious. LOL.

Actually I do appreciate him stepping up and giving me some analysis.

He's right. I don't have #1 WR. The WR went too early for me and I couldn't get on that bus. I figured if I get 2 really strong #2's, it would make up for it. I like Portis alot, when I knew I could pick up Betts, but alas (again, thanks clash), I didn't get to pick up my handcuff. But I have a gut feeling that my homer pick of Brown might work out for me. Could be the carbohydrates, but I think I'm right from what I'm hearing.

But then again...maybe too much home brew..but he said I'd be .500, then he said I could be 9-7. I'll take the later.

But then again...maybe too much home brew..but he said I'd be .500, then he said I could be 9-7. I'll take the later.

AROUND .500, and as far as I know, 9-7 is AROUND .500.

My breakdown

1. YBD

First off I really like the RB's thats obvious. I am higher than most ppl on mcgahee so I think he is set and solid at RB. Palmer is a great QB and I think he was drafted about the right spot. WR is obviously where he is lacking. Although he is weak here he does have good depth. He obviously waited on a T.E and im not sold on McMichael. I like this team and believe he did a great job drafting.

overall

Strengths-- RB and QB

Weakness--WR and TE

2. NTAC

Jackson and Henry provide a solid 1-2 punch at RB. Where this position is lacking is in depth. I think if these 2 stay healthy he will be a contender. Mcnabb is a risk however I like the potential. Solid starting QB. His true strenghs are his 1 and 2 WR. I believe Holt and Burress will really work out. Once again I see depth his true weakness here. Winslow will be a top 5 T.E. so nice job there. Oh yea and he drafted David PatteRn so he has to do something good!!

overall

Strengths--Solid starters at each position

Weakness-- Lack of depth at RB and WR

3. LBH

First off I really like this team LBH. Gore and T.J. are great picks in the first and second. Then loading up on WR and TE didnt hurt you because you still snagged Kevin Jones later. Roy Williams, Andre Johnson, Coles, and V. Davis should really solidify your recieving corps. The only place I might differ with you is your choice of backups at these positions. Romo is a good QB but I am not completely sold on the guy.

overall

Strengths--RB and WR

Weakness--lack of depth at WR and IMO but probably not most Romo.

4. Clash

Clash im not sold on either one of your first two picks. Those are 2 of the guys on my draft with caution, and only if im nearly forced to list. I believe at 4 L.J. was the correct pick but im weary of the guy. Edge is not the guy I would have taken in the 2nd either. Im not sold on your WR after Fitz either. Edwards, and Hackett arent the 2 and 3 I would want. Brady will be a top 5 Q.B. and I believe you got good value with him. I also believe that Shockey was the steal of the draft for you in the 7th nice pick.

overall

Strengths--QB and TE

Weakness-- RB2, WR2, WR3

5. Joe Nathan

This team has the potential to be really good. I like the way you assembled it. At R.B. unlike most I believe Alexander is top 3. So at 5 I would have been thrilled with him. Jacobs and Caddy should be interchangeable at RB 2 also. Having Clayton as your #2 WR is questionable IMO. I like Galloway at WR 3 though. Bulger should be a good QB and give you consistent numbers. I like Witten this year and believe he will produce for you. Nice job of getting a quality TE in the 8th.

overall

Strengths--RB, TE, and QB

Weakness-- WR2

6. GP

I would take your first three RBs in any draft of a league like this. Nice job there Addai should be big time. WR is where I start to not like your team. Having Housh as your #1 WR is questionable IMO. Branch should be a good #2 but after that I dont like them. Rivers will make or break you I believe. If he has a top 5 year your a playoff team. Heap should be solid barring injury.

overall

Strengths--RB

Weakness--WR, ? at QB

busy at work so ill finish the rest later..

Just got home from work...here's my take on this whole shin-dig.....

YBD

Your entire draft came down to one crucial pick...you're 3rd rounder. Wow what a tough choice! Not an easy situation to be stuck in with the the clear "Tier 1" WR's all off the board by the time your 2.12 pick came up....in retrospect I think you made the right call. Palmer has the ability to overtake Manning as the #1 overall FF QB. Not only does he have the ability...but considering how bad that Bengal D is C-Palm will be throwing all day to keep his team in games. In a league with 6 Pt for passing TD's I think you made the RIGHT choice.....the easy thing to do would have been to take Fitz. The downside to the pick is you have Ward as your #1 WR but I'm not as down on him as most here....I think he makes a nice #2 and a decent #2. You recovered well with Glenn and Stallworth on the next turn. You also have a nice #3 RB with Barber. I think your team overall is really nice and is going to surprise some people. You made the best of a tricky situation with that 3rd round pick.

Overall: B

NTAC

My team but I'm going to be as objective as possible. I $crewed the pooch with my 7th round pick of Turner...not cause I don't like him but because in retrospect I should have taken my #3 WR there. Likewise my depth at receiver is really hurting and I'm not sure Garcia is going to be a solid #2 QB. On a positive note I think I have the best set of running backs in the league in Henry and Jackson...both of whom I have rated in my top 7 overall. My starting lineup is very potent and McNabb gives me a QB who could challenge for a top 3 finish at his position. Winslow will probably lead all TE's in reception this year as well. I have decent depth at RB with Chester Taylor, Turner, and Mike Bell. Bell serves as the handcuff to Henry while Taylor is only an already-hurt-collarbone away from keeping his starting job. Don't get me wrong...AP has Hall of Fame talent....but collarbones are VERY very tricky injuries (See Charles Rodgers). Turner has the potential to be Larry Johnson circa 2-3 years ago behind Priest Holmes. Overall if I can avoid the injury bug at WR I feel very good about my chances at contending for the title.

Overall: B+

LBH

I thought you did very well overall. I'll start with the negatives....You are really hurting at RB depth. I think Kevin Jones will end up being a wasted pick. He's not 100% and no matter what will share time with Tatum Bell and will also lose goal line carries to Duckett. Very limited value there in my opinion. Foster I believe will be benched before the year is done. Now to the positives....You have a very nice starting lineup with some nice upside in certain spots (Vernon Davis). I'm not 100% sold on Romo but I think Cutler could come on later in the year...you'll be fine there just play the matchups. As long as neither of your RB's get hurt I would be shocked if you don't make the playoffs and contend for the title.

Overall: A-

Clash

I'll start by saying your season hinges on the fate of Larry Johnson's impending hold out/contract situation...I don't think there is a team in this league that could sustain losing it's first round pick for a long stretch so it goes without saying. Assuming LJ gets in on time he'll be a monster again. I could care less what all the doom-and-gloomers say he's still relatively young after sitting behind Priest at the beginning of his career. In that conservative Herm-ball offense he'll approach 400 carries again this year. With that said he'll probably suck next year and will burn out but I have no doubt he has one REALLY good year left in him. You've got firepower across the board ...One of these years Shockey is going to finish as the #1 TE and this year is as good as any. I really like the Braylon Edwards pick as well. Deangelo was a steal and will be starting by week 6 or 7 and never look back. You're weak at the #3 WR but that's your only weakness....This is a team to contend with and even if you don't win the league I think you'll be near the top in scoring.

JoeNathan

I think Alexander is on his last mile...the foot injury will probably linger all year and I see him playing 2-3 games then sitting 1-2 and then playing 2 more etc etc etc....Contrary to popular opinion I also think Harrison is a little riskier than in prior years. Father time catches up with us all and the man is 34 years old...Wayne will overtake him as the #1 WR on the Colts this year. I like Jacobs alot but I'm not a fan of Cadillac at all...the kid couldn't even stay healthy in college and has already encountered similar fates in his short lived Pro Career. I just don't see much firepower on this team and unless Alexander returns to his from of old this team could really struggle.

Overall: C

GP

Interesting team that has 2 really good running backs. As long as Portis stays healthy you're going to be hard to match there....I think Addai is going to blow up. I do not, however, like Jamal Lewis at all. He's really done and has been done for some time. If it wasn't for that one monster season he had he'd probably either be a permanent NFL back-up or out of the league by now. I like Branch ALOT and think you got a real steal there. Housh is a steady #1 who could see a spike with the Henry suspension. The good news on your RB depth is that I think you made a heck of a pick on Chris Brown who I think will be a clear-cut starter in TEN this year. Finally...your QB situation...I have good and bad news for you here. I know you like Rivers but I just don't see him being a reliable #1 FF QB this year...down the road maybe but not yet.....but I think you may have made the steal of the draft in Matt Schaub who I really think is going to be REALLY good. You backed yourself up well there. Solid team

Joc

You've got some individual players who I think are going to have REALLY good years...namely T.O and Kitna. Kitna will be upwards of 30 TD passes this year and T.O has one more MONSTER season left in him. I'm not a Norwood believer as of yet with Dunn being one of those players that just-won't-die and I'm not sure Benson is going to be reliable...you potentially could be hurting at the #2 RB position. Parker will be solid but I don't think he'll surpass last years numbers and I wouldn't be surprised if Barlow steals some Goal Line touches there.I like Walker alot this year and I think you have yourself a nice little steal in D. Bennett who I think will eventually overtake Bruce as Holt's new side-kick. I'm leery of your RB situation or otherwise I'd give you a higher grade. You definitely have some studs on this team though.

Tomlin Mancrush

Despite all the doom and gloom that scooter is potraying...the little ba$tard pulled off a nice draft. I think you will be very happy with Ronnie Brown this year. Miami's O-Line will be improved this year and Trent Green is above average...which is a heck of an improvement over anything the Phins have had in the last decade. I think Cameron is a terrific offensive mind and the Dolphins are going to be suprisingly competitive this year....Ronnie will push a top 5 RB position. Boldin and Driver are money in PPR leagues. I hate the Tatum Bell pick for the same reason I hate the Kevin Jones pick...they will eat each other's stats plus lose TD's to Duckett. Wasted pick there....Conversely if Jones and Bell get hurt (very possible) you will have pulled off a coup with Duckett. We'll wait and see what happens there. Curtis is a nice #3 WR and Watson will be very productive IMO. This team is definitely in the top half of the league.

whynoteme

I'm not gonna lie....I'm not thrilled by this team. Maroney just scares me...his is talented as hell but I'd like to see him carry the load a full season before using a first round pick on him. With those receivers Brady may be throwing alot of long TD's as well which won't help. Deuce is ok but I think Bush takes over that team this year. Ocho-Cinco is a feast-or-famine WR...I've had him each of the last 2 seasons so I know this first hand. He'll have stretches of doing nothing for weeks and then explode...but that isn't necessarily a good thing. My point is I'd take Holt, Wayne, Steve Smith, and T.O all before Chad. Gates is nice but I'm not thrilled with your WR corp overall. The White Cracker doesn't thrill me at QB either...steady...but not spectacular.

Oldguru

I know you got done dirty by the whole computer situation so I'll be kind here....I won't hold that kicker pick against you at all :banana: The good news is your are absolutely set at QB and have 3 pretty good WR's...the bad news is your RB's are suspect and ALOT hinges on the Lynch kid which I'll refrain further comment on since I don't know much about him from his college days. I just don't like Ahman Green...he doesn't make me warm and fuzzy like he use to. I think you have your work cut out for you but I've seen stranger things happen in fantasy. At the end of the day you own Manning in a league that awards 6 points for passing TD's....that alone gives you a glimmer of hope.

Yip

Love Bush and Steve Smith...you could not have done any better with your first 2 picks. Brees is solid but the rest of your draft left me scratching my head a little. As I mentioned above somewhere beware of the dreaded lingering collar-bone injury...and AP is definitely in that category. Don't get me wrong...I think he's the best RB to come into the league in the last 2-3 years...if he's really healthy you just got yourself a steal...it's a wait and see situation. I think Tony G is washed up and Herm Edwards is allergic to the forward pass. Randy Moss....I'm not going to re-hash what's been documented over and over on these boards but history shows Brady spreads the ball around. Anything is possible but I'm just not sure he's worth a 4th round pick anymore. The wildcard here is Calvin who I think is destined for greatness....will it be this year?

Overall: C+

Ron Mexico

Totally reached on MoJo. I understand you like him and he scored a boat full of TD's but with Fred Taylor still there I just would have gone a different direction at 1.12. If Taylor does get hurt (very probable) then you'll experience full value out of this pick....if not (which could also happen since Taylor is more rested with less of a workload now) you'll be left wondering "what if". Rudi is solid but his ceiling is pretty well defined....I love your WR's though and I think they will do well. Lamont Jordan was a wasted pick...not only is Rhodes there but I'm telling you that kid from UL can ball...the Raiders got a steal there. It's ironic cause he runs alot like Jordan...only a helluva lot faster. I'm not thrilled with your QB situation

7. Joc

Joc im not sold on FWP. Im not willing to use a first rounder on him like most are. With that being said I like Benson as your #2 back. Norwood however is a guy who I wouldnt want as my backup, therfore im going to say I dont like your backs. After T.O. I am not a big fan of your WR 2 and WR 3. Henderson and Gonzales give you some depth there though. Kitna will be solid and should be top 10. Im not a fan of L.J. Smith this year. Coming off the sprots hernia is scary IMO.

overall

Strengths--RB2, WR1

Weakness--RB1, TE

8. Tomlinson mancrush

I love westy at 1.8 in a ppr league so nice job there. Brown should be a solid #2 so nice job there with your starters. Dont like Bell but there are possibilities there. Rhodes could eventually take over for Jordan also. I like your WR's as I think Driver will be a solid #1. Boldin should produce as well. Vince will be good as well. His rushing TDs at 6 pts apiece will be awesome, top 10 for sure. Watson will be servicable at TE also, sorry I snubbed you with gates :dunno:

overall

Strengths-- RB, WR

Weakness--TE

10. old guru

I will be brief since you didnt draft this team. Ok starters at RB considering the circumstances. Absolutely no depth here though. Solid at WR 1 and 2 but then it falls off drastically. Best QB in the game so he needs to carry you. Even though you didnt want Crump he should be ok.

overall

Strengths--QB

Weakness-- Depth at other positons.

11. yipskip

Same as old guru ill be brief. Reggie Bush should be ok since this is PPR. I dont like have Peterson as your #2 RB though. Your recievig corps should be stout and I think that is your strength. Brees is top notch and a solid starter. Gonzales should be servicable at TE.

overall

Strengths--WR, QB, TE

Weakness--RB2

12. RMC

Not sold on Jones Drew being the man in Jacks so I cant see him being worth a 1 rounder. However him and Rudi Johnson should be ok, ecspecially since you landed Jordan who will be ok becasue of PPR. You will need Coleston to continue being dominant in order for your recieving corps to pull its weight. Eli should have a decent year and can put up some big games. Ive always been a cooley fan and campbell should look to him a ton as an outlet.

overall

Strengths--Depth at RB

Weakness--WR1

Just got home from work...here's my take on this whole shin-dig.....

LBH

I thought you did very well overall. I'll start with the negatives....You are really hurting at RB depth. I think Kevin Jones will end up being a wasted pick. He's not 100% and no matter what will share time with Tatum Bell and will also lose goal line carries to Duckett. Very limited value there in my opinion. Foster I believe will be benched before the year is done. Now to the positives....You have a very nice starting lineup with some nice upside in certain spots (Vernon Davis). I'm not 100% sold on Romo but I think Cutler could come on later in the year...you'll be fine there just play the matchups. As long as neither of your RB's get hurt I would be shocked if you don't make the playoffs and contend for the title.

Overall: A-

based on what Ive read, I expect KJ to be ready by week1 at the latest, so I have a tough time seeing him as a "wasted pick" especially since he was plucked out of the 8th rd. I dont think he will share time with Bell if he is healthy, but do agree that he will lose GL carries to Duckett. From what Ive gathered from unbiased Carolina homers, Foster is firmly entrenched in what is a full rbbc in Carolina despite cries to the contrary from the fantasy football world. The zone blocking scheme plays to the strengths of both rbs cutback ability. Until I see a direct quote from Fox or anyone from the Carloina coaching staff saying they expect DW to take over the starting job at some point this season, Im going to keep believing I got great value on Foster in the 10th rd. Even though I dont agree with you specifically, I do agree with your overall assesment that my rb depth isnt great, and those 2 guys do have some big question marks.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I would say that regardless of the grade you gave me

i have enjoyed reading this thread- i'll add my breakdown of the teams as well tomorrow nite and this week

Just curious Ace who would you have selected at 1.09 over Maroney??

To be fair whynot, pick #'s 9 and 10 absolutely suck as far as positioning goes....but if I was stuck there I'd honestly take Travis Henry or Reggie Bush FOR SURE over Maroney....and I'd take a long hard look at Ronnie Brown and McGahee as well. A case could probably be made for Rudi as well but I can't blame you for taking Maroney over Rudi considering it's PPR.

Again...I think a year from now things could be very much different and Maroney could very well blow up...but there is just so much risk there with the bum shoulder and considering he's your first round pick.

I know what you're thinking...if you're so high on Travis Henry why did you risk losing him at 2.11 and take him at 3.02? Well at that point in the draft I already had a stud in Jackson and the only WR left in my "Tier 1" was Torry Holt who I'm sure if we ask Mobb he would have taken right behind me on the turn leaving me with no clear #1 WR. My thinking was worst case if he took Henry I'd still get McGahee to go along with Holt at 2.11. Obviously a different set of circumstances from you at 1.09 since I was fortunate enough to already have S. Jackson in hand

based on what Ive read, I expect KJ to be ready by week1 at the latest, so I have a tough time seeing him as a "wasted pick" especially since he was plucked out of the 8th rd. I dont think he will share time with Bell if he is healthy, but do agree that he will lose GL carries to Duckett. From what Ive gathered from unbiased Carolina homers, Foster is firmly entrenched in what is a full rbbc in Carolina despite cries to the contrary from the fantasy football world. The zone blocking scheme plays to the strengths of both rbs cutback ability. Until I see a direct quote from Fox or anyone from the Carloina coaching staff saying they expect DW to take over the starting job at some point this season, Im going to keep believing I got great value on Foster in the 10th rd. Even though I dont agree with you specifically, I do agree with your overall assesment that my rb depth isnt great, and those 2 guys do have some big question marks.

Thanks for taking the time to do this. I would say that regardless of the grade you gave me

Noted and I hear ya...but we'll just have to agree to disagree here. I see no scenario where Tatum Bell doesn't share at least 30% of the carries with K Jones...they'll play the "we're trying to keep him fresh" card or something along those lines but you'll see a true 3 headed RBBC with Duckett getting all the goal line love.

To be fair whynot, pick #'s 9 and 10 absolutely suck as far as positioning goes....but if I was stuck there I'd honestly take Travis Henry or Reggie Bush FOR SURE over Maroney....and I'd take a long hard look at Ronnie Brown and McGahee as well. A case could probably be made for Rudi as well but I can't blame you for taking Maroney over Rudi considering it's PPR.

Again...I think a year from now things could be very much different and Maroney could very well blow up...but there is just so much risk there with the bum shoulder and considering he's your first round pick.

I know what you're thinking...if you're so high on Travis Henry why did you risk losing him at 2.11 and take him at 3.02? Well at that point in the draft I already had a stud in Jackson and the only WR left in my "Tier 1" was Torry Holt who I'm sure if we ask Mobb he would have taken right behind me on the turn leaving me with no clear #1 WR. My thinking was worst case if he took Henry I'd still get McGahee to go along with Holt at 2.11. Obviously a different set of circumstances from you at 1.09 since I was fortunate enough to already have S. Jackson in hand

I would have definitely taken Holt. :dunno:

2 months from now I'll probably be saying I'd take Henry too. I'm not too extremely high on McGahee, but with Billick calling the plays at the end of last year Lewis had 7 of his 9 TD's. McGahee is a much better back now than Lewis is at this point in his career so I feel he's pretty safe for a RB2. I like McGahee over Maroney, Brown, MJD, and Edge but you gotta love that potential with Henry.

GP

Interesting team that has 2 really good running backs. As long as Portis stays healthy you're going to be hard to match there....I think Addai is going to blow up. I do not, however, like Jamal Lewis at all. He's really done and has been done for some time. If it wasn't for that one monster season he had he'd probably either be a permanent NFL back-up or out of the league by now. I like Branch ALOT and think you got a real steal there. Housh is a steady #1 who could see a spike with the Henry suspension. The good news on your RB depth is that I think you made a heck of a pick on Chris Brown who I think will be a clear-cut starter in TEN this year. Finally...your QB situation...I have good and bad news for you here. I know you like Rivers but I just don't see him being a reliable #1 FF QB this year...down the road maybe but not yet.....but I think you may have made the steal of the draft in Matt Schaub who I really think is going to be REALLY good. You backed yourself up well there. Solid team

Thanks to all that have given me wonderful analysis about my draft. It really is one of the things I look forward to after our draft. And I have agreed with everyone's thoughts and really don't have any disagreements with anything being said (outside of being .500, but don't we all think our teams are better than .500?).

I do want to clear up a misconception. I'm not high on Rivers. But I'm really really not high on drafting a QB early. Maybe this is my mistake and someone show me the light before next years draft. A couple QB's went very early, understandably like Peyton, Palmer, Brady, the rest were drafting they're QB's in the 3rd and 4th rounds. I always figure if I can build a solid team in the early rounds, then I can pick up a QB in the later rounds that is at least consistant. Last years draft I did the same thing, and picked Eli in the 8th. He started off great, but down the stretch last year, (after mid season) his numbers dropped significantly and was not consistant. I'm not looking for a breakout year from Rivers, but consistant numbers throughout the season. I'm thinking Rivers might be top 10, somewhere around 8th. If he can put up those numbers then I have a great chance to advance to the playoffs with the rest of my team. Hasselback got picked up right before my pick, but Rivers was the best option on the table. Maybe I should have drafted a QB a little earlier since there wasn't any options left.

As far as J. Lewis. I'm not huge on him either, but in looking at the draft at that time, he was one of the only RB's left, where he was going to get bulk of the carries and not so much RBBC. So I took a flyer.

Again. I really do appreciate you guys doing these right ups for our teams. It will be fun to see how all these teams work out as we get closer to the start of the season. We have yet to go through the injuries at training camp, something to watch.

I would have definitely taken Holt. :thumbsup:

2 months from now I'll probably be saying I'd take Henry too. I'm not too extremely high on McGahee, but with Billick calling the plays at the end of last year Lewis had 7 of his 9 TD's. McGahee is a much better back now than Lewis is at this point in his career so I feel he's pretty safe for a RB2. I like McGahee over Maroney, Brown, MJD, and Edge but you gotta love that potential with Henry.

For the record I really like McGahee this year as well....Buffalo was just not a good fit for him. Sometimes these talented guys switch teams and just blow up....Thomas Jones is a perfect example. TJ was a top 10 pick who was labeled by several experts as being a "bust" but all it took was a change of scenary and he really turned it on....I'm convinced McGahee is cut from the same mold. I saw this kid play all throughout high school and college and he's extremely talented. I think he was very misused in Buffalo...especially in the passing game. I kept reading how he wasn't going to be used on third downs and wasn't a great receiver out of the backfield...blah blah blah...

Well let's dispell that rumor right now...the kid has good hands and was dynamite at the U out of the backfield. He scored 28 TD's his last year at Miami and I can tell you off the top of my head that at least 7 or 8 of those were on screen passes and swing plays that he broke for long TD's......I think Billick knows this and you'll see him be a bigger part of the offense. Don't be shocked if he catches 40 to 50 balls this year. You heard it here first.

I appreciate the input Ace.. Just trying to see different angles and get other peoples input. If I had it to do over again 2 months from now I would probably go a different route but thats what makes this league so fun.

Thank you to ace and whynotme for the inputs.

always need helpful suggestions, especially from experienced ff geeks.

trade offer no talent ass clown from the ----> :thumbsup:

btw to the rest of my league all my players are available as trade bait :ninja:

trade offer no talent ass clown from the ----> :dunno:

btw to the rest of my league all my players are available as trade bait :cry:

Did you get your racquet yet? I sent it last Thursday??????

trade offer no talent ass clown from the ----> :blink:

btw to the rest of my league all my players are available as trade bait :mad:

would offer you something for Braylon, but I remember you were higher on him than I was.

When I draft, I play to win. I could have gone Rudi & Travis Henry Here, but that line-up in a PPR spells mediocre ie...doom & gloom. I knew the value at WR would be there next round...so the search was on for the RB that could help me win this very competitive league.

At first I tossed out the idea of drafting MJD at the turn. C'mon, the #2 RB from Jax. <_< I looked at Travis Henry (he will be solid, but not a PPR stud). Laurence Maroney (bum shoulder) I was very pleased to see him drafted ahead of me. McGahee doesn't project as a player likely to carry a fantasy team. Edge was a strong consideration, but I can't buy into ARZ with coaching changes and a history of poor production. Brandon Jacobs? I really like him but there are too many questions with Ruben there & he hasn't carried the load yet. Do I dare take Steve Smith here? I took a long hard look at MJD again.

Facts:

MJD had just 4 carries & 2 receptions after two weeks. As the season went on his production grew considerably.

Fred Taylor didn't have a TD run for less than 10 yards after week 1. MJD has a better nose for the end zone. Fred has never been a good goal line back.

MJD is also a big time home run threat scoring 4 TDs over 30 yards. (He can score any time he touches the ball).

MJD is a very good receiver which is a big bonus in PPR leagues.

Freda Talyor has a legondary injury history.

Opinion:

Crunching the numbers & looking at projections, I was surprised to see how much better MJD was compared to the other top backs.

MJD is a safer pick than it would first appear. Down side is 1300 combined yards with 45-50 receptions and 9 TDs. That is if his role doesn't increase or Fred Taylor doesn't fall apart.

MJD is a top 4 RB without Fraggle around. The upside potential is excellent.

I project 1450 yards with 50 receptions and 10 TDs.

I did not draft any players for the shock factor. I projected how the draft would shake out & did my best to put up a winnah.

Ron Mexico's Canines

1. (12) Maurice Jones-Drew This is my :D pick I referred to before the draft.

2. (13) Rudi Johnson-No brainer pick. He's a stud and solid producer even in PPR leagues.

3. (36) Lee Evans-He's in my top 10

4. (37) Marques Colston-I completely missed Gates was still on the board. Colston is still a great pick here. I went with the NO high powered offense over Walker & the ancient one.

5. (60) Santana Moss-He still has it, but can the young QB get him the ball?

6. (61) LaMont Jordan-Oakland? YUCK! I watched a few Oakland games and kept yelling at the TV...quit running delay draws and slow developing runs when the OL is from Switzerland!!! The problem in Raiderville was hurt severely by the coaching staff. Jordan will have a fresh start this year and the young QB will check down to Jordan or Bush frequently. PPR Rulez!

7. (84) Jerricho Cotchery-Love him as my #4 in case Moss gets off to a slow start. I have the Crotch rocket rated slightly above Laveranues Coles.

8. (85) Chris Cooley-This guy is a sure handed playmaker. He is a great security blanket for a young QB.

9. (108) Eli Manning-Can you say undervalued??? He will be just as good or better than 4-5 of the QBs drafted ahead of him.

10. (109) Ronald Curry-Oakland again? YUCK! One of my boom bust fliers. He scored all of Oakland's TDs over the last quarter of the season. (1 TD to save you the trouble of looking it up). Curry will finally be a factor without the Moss cancer looming over the town. His receptions and yardage were excellent to finish the season.

11. (132) Jake Delhomme-Solid value as a backup QB. Will do as a fill in for a few weeks if needed.

12. (133) Heath Miller- :rant: Frustrating to see a player with this much talent WASTED. This guy is a freakish beast who runs hard and punishes tacklers after the catch. Good speed and soft hands. Why Pittsburgh hasn't used him more is a glaring over sight! :endrant:

13. (156) Kevin Faulk

14. (157) Robert Meachem - Potential star.

15. (180) Michael Bennett - What did I hear about RBs *cough*LJ*cough* with over 370 carries the year before?

16. (181) Tony Hunt

17. (204) Tab Perry

18. (205) Michael Bush - Meet the #2 RB in Oakland. He is a Lamont Jordan clone but bigger, faster & possibly a better receiver. Kid just has to learn the system. Pick him up late in your other leagues.

19. (228) Oakland-No. I am not a Raiders fan. After loading my team with this much cancer, I deserve to have a losing season.

20. (229) David Akers-Championship!

Starting lineup:

Eli

Rudi Johnson

MJD

Backup: Oakland RB

Evans

Colston

Mini Moss

Backup: Cotchery

Cooley-o

Backup: Heath Miller

I like what I've done from the 12th position considering the alternatives. Most of my players are undervalued guys who will get the job done. Not as flashy as Chad Johnson & TO, but I just might surprise a few people.

NOTE: I completely understand your ratings of my team. I fully expected to be graded around a C to low B. The MJD pick alone makes it look worse than it really is.

Clash - you are right, I do have Benson in this league :D. You would think I would know my #2 rb. Obviously Benson doesn't do it for me since I forgot he was on my team. Trade bait possibly?

Man, working two fftoday leagues has my mind all <_<

Man, working two fftoday leagues has my mind all :angry:

And that's different than before how exactly?

:angry:

zing! :angry:

Win or lose I still have the biggest WANG!!!!!!

WANG?? is that like WANG CHUNG (the ability to perform gay acts)?

Wow brother, I didn't know. I will try not to offend you anymore with my anti homo comments.

:ninja:

WANG?? is that like WANG CHUNG (the ability to perform gay acts)?

Wow brother, I didn't know. I will try not to offend you anymore with my anti homo comments.

:banana:

Scooter still thinks I own a chinese sweat shop.. :blink:

Scooter still thinks I own a chinese sweat shop.. :cheers:

:doh: You backing out on manufacturing the Scooter's Atomic Hot Sauce T-shirt line? I already have a buyer lined up for the first 10k units.

:cheers: You backing out on manufacturing the Scooter's Atomic Hot Sauce T-shirt line? I already have a buyer lined up for the first 10k units.

a contract is a contract! You tell Soon Yee Chock to get her ass back behind that sewing machine.

sheesh...$.29 an hour sure doesn't buy what it used to. :doh:

:wacko: You backing out on manufacturing the Scooter's Atomic Hot Sauce T-shirt line? I already have a buyer lined up for the first 10k units.

Sure I will hire 100 more big wangs to get the job done.