Sign in to follow this  
Clash of the Titans

*** I would like to Start a Free 12 Team Geek League

okay i am fired up for the football season and i am looking to shake things up in my fantasy world......i think i am going to do away with my 10 team/4 keeper league and go with this one instead....i plan on asking mr krueger here to create a forum for us to keep things in the offseason.....i enjoy the redraft format better than any other.....

i am setting a few goals for the league...i want members who have been here for a while and post knowledgable and useful opinions....i want folks who are dedicated to this game and would like to play in the league for the long haul....the league will always remain free....i want this to be the most fun-filled competitive league in the fantasy world...trask-talkings is encouraged and approved-lol

in return i vow to commish in the most fair manner....trades will always go through....i will never change lineups after submitted...etc....we'll do the league on yahoo! and knock it out on 1 Sunday nite in july...should take about 2 hours....

a little bit about myself from a fantasy standpoint....i have been playing fantasy football since 2000........it's one of my favorite hobbies...i have been reading fftoday since the fall of 2002 and an actual member since november 2002 ( lost my original name and had to go with clash of the titans )...fftoday is the greatest fantasy website on the internet ( I deeply appreciate the freedom of speech allowed here on a side note )...and i consider my greatest ff accomplishment being selected to the fftoday IBL team in 2005...... this will be my 3rd season....it's the most competitive league in the history of fantasy football spanning every country across the globe....

anyway i hope to spur lots of interest in the league....please only join if you would are extremely devoted to the league and will play each and every week like it's your last.... the rules and scoring are listed below.......thanks for your interest and i look forward to a great league

okay....the rare.........

:banana:

:(

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

free agents: this will begin after week one of the regular season. requests for free agent players will be processed from worst to first each week. tiebreakers for teams processing claims with the same record will be listed directly below this paragraph. once you get a player, you go to the end of the list for that week. you have until tuesday 8 pm central to get these in. at 10 pm cst tuesday night all players not claimed will be placed on a first-come first-serve basis until kickoff Sunday. all rosters will be locked from kickoff Sunday until tuesday at 10 pm cst. the process resets each week based on team records. this weekly process instead of having free agents available 24/7 is to give everyone a fair chance at getting good players who may not have computer access every day of the week

trades: trades will be a 1 day period ( no early exceptions ) and all will be processed unless there is blatant cheating or collusion. trading of draft picks is NOT allowed. The draft will be determined by a random draft order as soon as we have secured 12 members. It will be done by a neutral poster here on an independent website.

waivers: waivers ( dropped player from a current roster) are a 1 day period and will be based on a descending order. meaning once you get a player from waivers, you go to the end of the line. this is completely separate from the weekly free agent claims and begins in reverse order of this year's draft

draft/- the draft will be entirely serpentine, and will be held on a Sunday night in July on Yahoo! It wil be 18 rounds... the time per pick is automated at 90 seconds

playoffs: top 4 finishers for the regular season will play in week 15 and the 2 winners will play for the championship in week 16. there will also be a 3rd place game in week 16. the next 4 teams who did not will play in a " consolation playoff " in weeks 15 and 16. if 2 are more teams are tied for playoff positions , the following tiebreakers will be used:

Overall winning percentage.

Fantasy points scored.

Fantasy points scored in Week 17.

Fantasy points scored in Week 16.

Fantasy points scored in Week 15.

Fantasy points scored in Week 14.

Fantasy points scored in Week 13.

Fantasy points scored in Week 12.

Fantasy points scored in Week 11.

Fantasy points scored in Week 10.

if a playoff game ends in a tie the following tiebreakers will be used:

1- Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

2- Most fantasy points by starting quarterback

3-Most fantasy points by starting wide receivers.

4-Most fantasy points by starting running backs.

5-Most fantasy points by starting tight end.

6-Most fantasy points by starting kicker.

7-Random "coin flip".

i will maintain the league here on this website during the offseason on a board fftoday sets up if mike krueger will allow me. i will also post a thread in which all members are welcome to discuss opinions, ideas, etc. about the league's rules. a proposed amendment to change a current league rule can only be put to a vote ( majority rules 6 or more ) with final approval of the commissioner ( me ).

Draft Time: TO BE DETERMINED- likely a Sunday night in July

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 16, 2007

Trade Review: League Votes

Waiver Time: No waivers

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams) 4 team consolation playoff

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-1)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Sack (1)

Interception (1)

Fumble Recovery (1)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6) - Defenses

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (1)

Points Allowed 28+ (0)

hmmm......a lot of mubo jumbo....but good idea chief. I'm interested.

One idea...please not yahoo. How about a custom NFL.com league...fits all your requirments but is has live scoring! any other ideas ?

I'd be interested. I only have one other dynasty league and I've been looking to get into a league with some geeks.

:(

If you can put up with me twice in one season Clash....I'm game.

If you can put up with me twice in one season Clash....I'm game.

same here - if you're drafting sometime soon I'd be interested. I like to get as much drafting in as possible before my $ leagues...plus I'd get to whoop up on you & ace in 2 leagues. :banana:

I'm in. Don't be fooled by my relative newness to the forums here, I've been playing fantasy football for about 10 years now.

I don't like Yahoo either though. I'll put up with it if necessary, but there has got to be a better free option out there.

I'll join if you don't mind having a scumbag lib from Oregon in the league :banana:

I'm in as long as you find live scoring. You have no chance against me.

BTW, anyone else who gets is into this is my bioch.  Just want to start this off right!

Um...you are getting rid of our 10 team/4 keeper? :dunno:

Where will I go? What will I do?

Is our dynasty staying together?

Um...you are getting rid of our 10 team/4 keeper? :doh:

Where will I go? What will I do?

Is our dynasty staying together?

the dynasty is staying put....why don't you join this one :angry:

a list of the candidates during the 1st day of the league's " job fair " :angry:

striker99

shane falco

jocstrap

ace08

nlgb1

football scooter

igotworms

gratefulted

let da big dog eat

gentledragon

carmo911

mr landry

grateful parrot

and for the record i have NO interest in switching the league provider to another website.....i have been with yahoo since 2000 and it's by far my favorite free ff wesbite.....easy to use....etc

yea...ive always liked yahoo too except for them makin ya pay for live scoring. thats my only complaint

a list of the candidates during the 1st day of the league's " job fair " <_<

striker99

shane falco

jocstrap

ace08

nlgb1

football scooter

igotworms

gratefulted

let da big dog eat

gentledragon

carmo911

mr landry

grateful parrot

and for the record i have NO interest in switching the league provider to another website.....i have been with yahoo since 2000 and it's by far my favorite free ff wesbite.....easy to use....etc

I'd be interested but I really don't see much competition for me here :cry:

I'd join, but your candyasses couldn't handle me. Plus there's no money involved, so it's not worth my time. Losers.

like i said on the geek bored, i'd like to join this one since your getting rid of the keeper league.

updated list of candidates- gonna give this another week or so..........and then i'll make my decision....and blast from the past...graphic violence....where the heck have you been man- good to see you- enjoyed playing in that bouve league with you in 2003

striker99

shane falco

jocstrap

ace08

nlgb1

football scooter

igotworms

gratefulted

let da big dog eat

gentledragon

carmo911

mr landry

grateful parrot

nlgb1

lindust20

gram

graphic violence

angry male

whynotme

road cats

mike moses

ricemanx

updated list of candidates- gonna give this another week or so..........and then i'll make my decision....and blast from the past...graphic violence....where the heck have you been man- good to see you- enjoyed playing in that bouve league with you in 2003

striker99

shane falco

jocstrap

ace08

nlgb1

football scooter

igotworms

gratefulted

let da big dog eat

gentledragon

carmo911

mr landry

grateful parrot

nlgb1

lindust20

gram

graphic violence

angry male

whynotme

road cats

mike moses

ricemanx

Man Clash I sold the old computer when the house got finished on the ranch before we moved and lost all the log in info :lol: Finally found the site and got back in and found you starting another league. I would love to get in on this. Also where the heck is Bouve? Has he joined Ricky Williams ganja cult or what?

Add my name in the last of candidates!!! I'm reliable and I talk a lot of smack. What more could you want?

:wacko:

okay i am fired up for the football season and i am looking to shake things up in my fantasy world......i think i am going to do away with my 10 team/4 keeper league and go with this one instead....i plan on asking mr krueger here to create a forum for us to keep things in the offseason.....i enjoy the redraft format better than any other.....

i am setting a few goals for the league...i want members who have been here for a while and post knowledgable and useful opinions....i want folks who are dedicated to this game and would like to play in the league for the long haul....the league will always remain free....i want this to be the most fun-filled competitive league in the fantasy world...trask-talkings is encouraged and approved-lol

in return i vow to commish in the most fair manner....trades will always go through....i will never change lineups after submitted...etc....we'll do the league on yahoo! and knock it out on 1 Sunday nite in july...should take about 2 hours....

a little bit about myself from a fantasy standpoint....i have been playing fantasy football since 2000........it's one of my favorite hobbies...i have been reading fftoday since the fall of 2002 and an actual member since november 2002 ( lost my original name and had to go with clash of the titans )...fftoday is the greatest fantasy website on the internet ( I deeply appreciate the freedom of speech allowed here on a side note )...and i consider my greatest ff accomplishment being selected to the fftoday IBL team in 2005...... this will be my 3rd season....it's the most competitive league in the history of fantasy football spanning every country across the globe....

anyway i hope to spur lots of interest in the league....please only join if you would are extremely devoted to the league and will play each and every week like it's your last.... the rules and scoring are listed below.......thanks for your interest and i look forward to a great league

okay....the rare.........

:banana:

:wall:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

free agents: this will begin after week one of the regular season. requests for free agent players will be processed from worst to first each week. tiebreakers for teams processing claims with the same record will be listed directly below this paragraph. once you get a player, you go to the end of the list for that week. you have until tuesday 8 pm central to get these in. at 10 pm cst tuesday night all players not claimed will be placed on a first-come first-serve basis until kickoff Sunday. all rosters will be locked from kickoff Sunday until tuesday at 10 pm cst. the process resets each week based on team records. this weekly process instead of having free agents available 24/7 is to give everyone a fair chance at getting good players who may not have computer access every day of the week

trades: trades will be a 1 day period ( no early exceptions ) and all will be processed unless there is blatant cheating or collusion. trading of draft picks is NOT allowed. The draft will be determined by a random draft order as soon as we have secured 12 members. It will be done by a neutral poster here on an independent website.

waivers: waivers ( dropped player from a current roster) are a 1 day period and will be based on a descending order. meaning once you get a player from waivers, you go to the end of the line. this is completely separate from the weekly free agent claims and begins in reverse order of this year's draft

draft/- the draft will be entirely serpentine, and will be held on a Sunday night in July on Yahoo! It wil be 18 rounds... the time per pick is automated at 90 seconds

playoffs: top 4 finishers for the regular season will play in week 15 and the 2 winners will play for the championship in week 16. there will also be a 3rd place game in week 16. the next 4 teams who did not will play in a " consolation playoff " in weeks 15 and 16. if 2 are more teams are tied for playoff positions , the following tiebreakers will be used:

Overall winning percentage.

Fantasy points scored.

Fantasy points scored in Week 17.

Fantasy points scored in Week 16.

Fantasy points scored in Week 15.

Fantasy points scored in Week 14.

Fantasy points scored in Week 13.

Fantasy points scored in Week 12.

Fantasy points scored in Week 11.

Fantasy points scored in Week 10.

if a playoff game ends in a tie the following tiebreakers will be used:

1- Most touchdowns scored by entire starting roster.

2- Most fantasy points by starting quarterback

3-Most fantasy points by starting wide receivers.

4-Most fantasy points by starting running backs.

5-Most fantasy points by starting tight end.

6-Most fantasy points by starting kicker.

7-Random "coin flip".

i will maintain the league here on this website during the offseason on a board fftoday sets up if mike krueger will allow me. i will also post a thread in which all members are welcome to discuss opinions, ideas, etc. about the league's rules. a proposed amendment to change a current league rule can only be put to a vote ( majority rules 6 or more ) with final approval of the commissioner ( me ).

Draft Time: TO BE DETERMINED- likely a Sunday night in July

Max Teams: 12

Scoring Type: Head-to-Head

Start Scoring on: Week 1

Can't Cut List Provider: None

Max Moves: No maximum

Max Trades: No maximum

Trade Reject Time: 2

Trade End Date: November 16, 2007

Trade Review: League Votes

Waiver Time: No waivers

Post Draft Players: Free Agents

Playoffs: Week 15 and 16 (4 teams) 4 team consolation playoff

Roster Positions: QB, WR, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, K, DEF, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN,

Stat Categories: Passing Yards (25 yards per point)

Passing Touchdowns (6)

Interceptions (-2)

Rushing Yards (10 yards per point)

Rushing Touchdowns (6)

Receptions (1)

Reception Yards (10 yards per point)

Reception Touchdowns (6)

2-Point Conversions (2)

Fumbles Lost (-1)

Field Goals 0-19 Yards (3)

Field Goals 20-29 Yards (3)

Field Goals 30-39 Yards (3)

Field Goals 40-49 Yards (4)

Field Goals 50+ Yards (5)

Point After Attempt Made (1)

Sack (1)

Interception (1)

Fumble Recovery (1)

Touchdown (6)

Safety (2)

Kickoff and Punt Return Touchdowns (6) - Defenses

Points Allowed 0 points (10)

Points Allowed 1-6 points (7)

Points Allowed 7-13 points (4)

Points Allowed 14-20 points (2)

Points Allowed 21-27 points (1)

Points Allowed 28+ (0)

Quick question for Clash. How are you able to this - "free agents: this will begin after week one of the regular season. requests for free agent players will be processed from worst to first each week. tiebreakers for teams processing claims with the same record will be listed directly below this paragraph. once you get a player, you go to the end of the list for that week. you have until tuesday 8 pm central to get these in. at 10 pm cst tuesday night all players not claimed will be placed on a first-come first-serve basis until kickoff Sunday. all rosters will be locked from kickoff Sunday until tuesday at 10 pm cst. the process resets each week based on team records. this weekly process instead of having free agents available 24/7 is to give everyone a fair chance at getting good players who may not have computer access every day of the week". I tried to get my league to move to another site that gives you this option, but they like Yahoo. I want to be able to give the lower ranked teams a chance at the breakout players.

i have reviewed all the applications....the league's aprticpants will be announced tonight after i return home from the kid rock concert-lol

i have reviewed all the applications....the league's aprticpants will be announced tonight after i return home from the kid rock concert-lol

I feel like Jackson Mississippi :pointstosky:

im gonna give this a few more days...i do have a tentative draft set for Sunday july 15th at 8:45 pm

im gonna give this a few more days...i do have a tentative draft set for Sunday july 15th at 8:45 pm

Clash playin keep away :cheers: