Sign in to follow this  
fastfish

LJ to Dallas?

not gonna happen, LJ is seeking big LT/Peyton money, and there is no way KC or Dallas is gonna bite, esp. Dallas.

They already have a nice one two punch with Julious Jones and MB111,, why would they even blink at this Rumor?

hmmm...it could happen. KC has said it want's to get younger and KC is as $$ frugal as any team in the NFL. So they ask for that '08 first rounder DAL got from CLE (a likey top 5 pick)..they ask for Julius and rotate him wih Kolby Smith and Michael Bennett....they ask for maybe DAL 2nd rounder in '08 and maybe some other pick as the cherry on top. On the DAL side they give up JJ, who they already have on the "trade in '08 list"...they give up a real nice pick they stole from CLE but keep their own first rounder...and give up some other goodies but no critical picks and don't sell the future. Jerry will open his wallet if he sees a chance for his Boys to win it all....and LJ does have that WOW factor that Jerry craves in his players.

Yeah just a rumor. RB is not an area of concern for us.

No way Dallas is tradeing JJ and the #1 pick they got from Cleveland for a RB this season. They are after McFardin (SP?) in next years draft.

Not a chance in hell this happens! Jones got that extra first from CLE in a steal. Why package that and Julius plus more for LJ, then have to spend more in a huge contract? The boys RB situation may not be idea but it is far from desperation. Jones and Barber are a nice 1-2 punch. Besides if all does not work out they ship Julius out next year for whatever they can get, package their first and CLE's to move up and snag McFadden!

I love rumours and all but this one has about as much legs as Peyton going to Green Bay to take over for Brett.

:ninja:

i have heard this and it is just rumor but why not do it.....jj is a free agent after this year and they wont resign him anyway and every team looks for a stud rb not a 1-2 punch.....i think you could trade the cleveland #1 and a 3rd rounder and throw in barber and sign lj to something like a 5 yr 60 milion contract with 20 guarnteed that way he gets his money and you have your rb for the next 3-4 years.......yes he will be 28 this year and everybody says that 30 they start going down hill but emmitt had almost 1000 more carries then lj does right now at the same point in their careers........so that being said he still has plenty of tread on the tires and i would welcome him here in dallas.....cowboys will be to the superbowl this year.......with or without johnson

RB is not an area of concern for us.

:banana: what postion do you play on the Cowboys ?

I love this site! Who cares if it's a rumor or not, but a tidbit of info July1 keeps us all on our toes! A definitive answer will come in the following days. But a sniff of blood in the water keeps us sharks circling for anything news worthy! I love the ramifications. Fun Fun! :banana:

:lol: what postion do you play on the Cowboys ?

Armchair QB. :mellow:

yes he will be 28 this year and everybody says that 30 they start going down hill but emmitt had almost 1000 more carries then lj does right now at the same point in their careers........so that being said he still has plenty of tread on the tires and i would welcome him here in dallas.....

Right, because one data point makes a trend.

I'm a big fan of Larry Johnson, but you do remember that he had 416 carries last year alone, right?

Not a chance in hell this happens! Jones got that extra first from CLE in a steal. Why package that and Julius plus more for LJ, then have to spend more in a huge contract? The boys RB situation may not be idea but it is far from desperation. Jones and Barber are a nice 1-2 punch. Besides if all does not work out they ship Julius out next year for whatever they can get, package their first and CLE's to move up and snag McFadden!

I love rumours and all but this one has about as much legs as Peyton going to Green Bay to take over for Brett.

:huh:

Well said.. :)

LJ is going nowhere. If KC wants any shot at anyhting this season they need LJ to get 350 carries . It is true he wants a LT contract but I actually think KC gives him something close within a month. The guy had over 2K total yards last season and only has 1 and 1/2 season of full time tread on those tires.

Dallas has ZERO motivation to pay all world Money to a RB when they go0t a decent one in Barber on the cheap.

Why would he want to go to the Dallas Suckboys to begin with. They're in for another overhyped one and done year.

<_<

LJ is going nowhere. If KC wants any shot at anyhting this season they need LJ to get 350 carries . It is true he wants a LT contract but I actually think KC gives him something close within a month. The guy had over 2K total yards last season and only has 1 and 1/2 season of full time tread on those tires.

Dallas has ZERO motivation to pay all world Money to a RB when they go0t a decent one in Barber on the cheap.

Isn't it possible that GM Carl Peterson realizes that even with LJ that KC is not going to be a good playoff team?? Could he be in rebuilding mode?? It would seem so with the QB situation in KC. I have heard praises for 5th round pick RB Kolby Smith.

Isn't it possible that Larry doesn't have a new contract today because he is being shopped??

Would you say that Jerry Jones has no motivation to pay all world money to a RB?? LJ gives the Cowboys a better chance to win through the playoffs than M Barber. That is obvious to me in a year when the salary cap has taken a huge bump. LJ is an upgrade over the current Cowboy RB stable. LJ is one of the the top five best RBs in the world. How could that be ZERO motivation?? How many times does Jerry need to prove that he will open up his wallet if he thinks it will make his team better??

I am not saying that this is going to happen, but to dismiss it completely is taking the sheeps' lead. I do agree that it is more possible that he will be signed within a month, but in the meantime we should speculate all of the possible scenerios.

Those who dismiss this scenario as UN-possible are either KC fans or Boy-haters...'cause while the odds of a trade like this are inherently small, it is still a very reasonable idea when you consder the needs of the 2 teams and the business personalites of the key guys who will make the call. Another feature that works for KC here is that they ship LJ out of conference...and won't ever play against him except in a very rare circumstance. That's not a reason to do it but it adds to the list of reasons that KC might wanna deal with Jerry.

i personally just like the thought of all those spouting MBIII love could suddenly have their hearts torn out... cause his value falls to a big fat 0 the minute LJ is signed in DAL (which i think there's about a 10% chance of in reality...).

The value of JJ, well, that would then turn into a big ?? as Herm could easily try and ride JJ for all he's worth until he breaks down in a few games, and then just turn to MBennett to pick up the pieces...

the real FF winners if this scenario actually happened?? The guys who picked up MBennett late as a handcuff to LJ, cause their the only ones getting a definitive increase in value...

i personally just like the thought of all those spouting MBIII love could suddenly have their hearts torn out... cause his value falls to a big fat 0 the minute LJ is signed in DAL (which i think there's about a 10% chance of in reality...).

The value of JJ, well, that would then turn into a big ?? as Herm could easily try and ride JJ for all he's worth until he breaks down in a few games, and then just turn to MBennett to pick up the pieces...

the real FF winners if this scenario actually happened?? The guys who picked up MBennett late as a handcuff to LJ, cause their the only ones getting a definitive increase in value...

oh yeah..I forgot the MBIII owners as those who will deny this trade is even a maybe....they shoulda been first on my list as those in denial. :banana: but Michael Bennett picking up pieces? That guy has made a career outta being IN pieces. JJ will defintely get his shot in KC and who knows...maybe on 3rd down he'll get to run one in for a change.