Sign in to follow this  
football_scooter

On the Clock!

On the Clock!  

142 members have voted

1. 1. Which one and WHY?

• Travis Henry is the no-brainer - I'll asplain below
    • Laurence Marnoey is the no-brainer - I'll asplain below

interesting to note that both of these backs have about the same deviation...a high of 1.07 and a low of 2.04, with ADP at 1.11 per Antsports

14 team redraft league

QB 1, RB 2, WR 3, TE 1, D/ST, K

Ru/Re = .1/1 with 1 PPR

All TDs = 6 pts

The Bronco Vs the Patriot...you won't be picking again until 2.04, 8 picks from here. The run on RBs was significant, as only Peyton Manning was taken as a non-RB pick before you at 1.10.

with 8 picks to go, you are locked into a RB, as you know that several of the owners below you will be taking at least 1 RB of their 2 picks before you pick again. But which one do you take?

Maroney has all the upside in the world playing in a top offense, with a RB friendly system. He will be used as a receiver out of the backfield and with Moss/Stallworth/Welker there should be some room to run. The downsides of course are that he's had a significant injury history to 3 different areas (ankle, ribs, shoulder) and he has a coach who doesn't disclose injuries - so you could have him in your lineup on a day they sit him on the bench. :blink:

Meanwhile, Travis Henry is expected to be the man in Denver. A situation that generally produces top 5 RBs - on paper Denver is a very good team. They have a borderline elite WR in Walker, an up & coming young passer in Cutler, and a scheme that favors Henry's "one cut & gone" style. It is certainly possibly that this is finally the year the Broncos return to the status of being an elite running team which will produce a single elite fantasy RB. But the downside of course is that you have the Rat, who could as easily bench Henry before the 1st game and declare an undrafted rookie walk-on the starter. :dunno:

Clearly they both have enormous upside, yet both have significant risk. I believe there's a clear choice here, but I am more interested in what YOU think. Why would you select one over the other, and it is even close in your mind or does one blow the other away?

It's your call. Your decision YOU are on the clock!

:blink:

See my reason why in the 3 or 4 other topics on Maroney. If healthy or unhealthy I would really doubt this would be a decision at 1.11. In reality with clarity on Maroney’s health closer to draft time he will either be a lock in the 6-9th pick or drop to the 3rd round because he will miss the start of the season.

The decision here is more like Henry vs Ronnie Brown, or Bush at 11.

See my reason why in the 3 or 4 other topics on Maroney. If healthy or unhealthy I would really doubt this would be a decision at 1.11. In reality with clarity on Maroney’s health closer to draft time he will either be a lock in the 6-9th pick or drop to the 3rd round because he will miss the start of the season.

The decision here is more like Henry vs Ronnie Brown, or Bush at 11.

Be that as it may, please post your sentiments in here. Cut & Paste will do. This topic is for debating these two players as a comparison, not for participants to go searching for your prior posts in other topics evaluating Maroney in a vacuum.

For the sake of this debate, please do us a favor and explain your choice, and why you picked one over the other.

As for where they might be selected in a month, I'm not confident you'll know a damn thing about Maroney's status beyond what you already know. This is the Patriots we're talking about, and the reports from the team are expected to be identical the day before the season as they are today: vague and non-informative. So we can only go by the current ADP, not where you suspect their ADP will be in 4 or 5 weeks based on injury-status information that is unlikely to be forthcoming.

Countdown to BigPete coming to suck Henry's cack and tell us he's a steal at 1.11........3........2........1......

:lol: :wacko:

I'd take Henry, but to each his own.

If Maroney is truely healthy, I think he has the potential to be a top 5-7 back, just the same as Henry.

This is one of those can't lose situations you always hear about. Either way, you're gonna do great, and you have a great RB. The question you should ask yourself is this.....

Which one do you think has a better shot of reaching you in the 2nd round?

Do you think if you took Maroney, would Henry would make it to 2.4?

Do you think if you took Henry, would Maroney make it to you at 2.4?

I'd think that if Maroney has made it this far, people are afraid of his injury, but that might not be the case when they get to the 2nd round.

That my friend is the question you should be asking yourself. :lol:

I say Henry. Denver's committed too much to Henry to have him pulled/RBBCed with Bell or another random scrub, and I don't trust Maroney's injury history (esp. as a member of the Pats).

Although I would keep an eye open in the later rounds for Bell as Rat Insurance :lol:

Even if Maroney was 100% healthy at this moment...I'd take Henry. With that said here is my reasoning...

Denver's system is simply ridiculously successful with regards to the running game. I know about 25 uninformed posters are going to chime in on this thread about the "Denver RB carousel" or the Shanny's "Shennanigans" and this argument couldn't be any more INVALID.

Shanny is a good coach. Good coaches play the hand that is dealt them as best they can. The fact is over the last several seasons Shanny has been dealt the likes of Rueben Droughns, Mike Anderson, Tatum Bell, Mike Bell, and so on and so forth. If you COMBINE the above 4 runners you might get ONE really good running back. If you were coaching the Broncos...you'd more than likely use a RBBC as well if the aforementioned talent was the best you can muster. Shanny has absolutely ZERO problem using 1 back when he had TD and CP...so there is definitely evidence that points to the fact Shanny is not adverse to the concept of having "one main back".

It should also be mentioned that Henry received a VERY nice contract in the offseason and Droughns was let go. As such the only "competition" on the roster is Mike Bell. Let me repeat that...M I K E B E L L. If any of you think you sign a free agent veteran RB to that kind of money to then bring him in and split carries with a "Mike Bell" you are outside your mind. Henry ran for approx 1,200 yards with the TITANS of all teams...and he was a big reason for the revival VY and company had last season. There is a clear gap in talent between the #1 and #2 RB on the Denver roster this year, IMO. So please...if you don't like Henry for whatever reason that's fine...but don't be a fool and base your decision off the "I don't trust Shanny" or "Shanny will not give all the carries to 1 guy" argument.

With that said...it's well documented that the Denver system works. I see great things for Henry this year....and I'm talking upwards of 1600 yards and somewhere around 14 or 15 TD's. Yes ladies and gentlemen...top 5 numbers. Another thing to factor in is Denver's solid defense which will probably keep all their games close...which in turn equates to even MORE rushing attempts for Henry. Cutler and Javon Walker will keep opposing D's from stacking the line of scrimmage as well.

As for Maroney...I see alot of talent here but I think Moss may hurt his TD numbers since I foresee quite a few bombs from Brady to Randy which should mean less red-zone opps. As I mentioned above for the purposes of this write-up I will assume Maroney is 100% healthy since I'm stating I'd take Henry even over a fully healthy Maroney....but his injury is not the type of injury you want to see for a RB with his all-out, reckless style. The kid runs with fury and violence but with a bum shoulder you can't help but think he may re-injure it. Like I said even if he was 100% healthy I'd take Henry but that fact he may not be 100% is just another reason to lean toward Henry here.

Which one do you think has a better shot of reaching you in the 2nd round?

Do you think if you took Maroney, would Henry would make it to 2.4?

Do you think if you took Henry, would Maroney make it to you at 2.4?

14 team league, 9 straight RBs taken, then Manning, then #10 once you've picked one. 8 more picks between you & 2.04, with at LEAST 4 Rbs taken between this and your next pick.

I think it's a safe assumption for this scenario that neither will be there for your next pick.

Assuming either would be is something of a cop out, as it makes selecting one over the other a bit easier.

Come on Pete. tighten up! :lol:

As for Maroney...I see alot of talent here but I think Moss may hurt his TD numbers since I foresee quite a few bombs from Brady to Randy which should mean less red-zone opps.

Ah… Actually this increases Maroney’s value. You are not thinking this through. After the first "bomb" to Moss what will defenses do? They will be on their heels. What happens to run defenses when the secondary doesn’t support the run? They become sparse. What will Maroney do to sparse run defenses? Eat them alive.

So basically you are saying you don’t want Maroney because he will have huge holes to run through hand thus his TDs will go down? ahhhhh.... ok.

Again.. If Maroney takes part in training camp (healthy), he will be long gone before the 11th pick. If he doesn’t (not healthy) Henry would be the choice over Bush and Ronnie Brown because of the above posted reasons. This poll doesn’t map to reality. Its really a poll on if you think Maroney will be healthy or not.

14 team league, 9 straight RBs, 10 once you've picked one. 8 more picks between you & 2.04, with at LEAST 4 Rbs taken between this and your next pick.

I think it's a safe assumption for this scenario that neither will be there for your next pick.

Assuming either would be is something of a cop out, as it makes selecting one over the other a bit easier.

Come on Pete. tighten up! :ninja:

I'd take Henry then, hands down!

read ACE08's post, that's pretty much identical to what I was gonna say (with the acception of the typo he had saying they released Ruben this year *it was Tatum*).

Take Henry, and ride him to the championship! :mad:

Again.. If Maroney takes part in training camp (healthy), he will be long gone before the 11th pick. If he doesn’t (not healthy) Henry would be the choice over Bush and Ronnie Brown because of the above posted reasons. This poll doesn’t map to reality. Its really a poll on if you think Maroney will be healthy or not.

I disagree entirely.

I'd be interested so see your top 8. If you think Maroney is in it I somewhat doubt your projections.

I think this poll is entirely valid, and it is supported by ADP. Sorry if the masses disagree with you. :mad:

I voted Henry. The more I think about it, the higher he keeps climbing up my list. This guy is a very powerful runner. I watched him break sooo many tackles last year (we get all the Tennessee games on tv in northern 'bama) it shocked me.

2002 16 games started 1700+ total yards and 14 td's

2003 15 games started 1500+ total yards and 11 td's

2006 14 games started right under 1300 total yards and 7 td's

He has only played one full season :mad: starting every game. However, if he's in he is about as solid as it gets.

Jocstrap's prediction 1300 rushing w/ 11 td's 226 receiving w/ 1 td

Ah… Actually this increases Maroney’s value. You are not thinking this through. After the first "bomb" to Moss what will defenses do? They will be on their heels. What happens to run defenses when the secondary doesn’t support the run? They become sparse. What will Maroney do to sparse run defenses? Eat them alive.

So basically you are saying you don’t want Maroney because he will have huge holes to run through hand thus his TDs will go down? ahhhhh.... ok.

No...that's not what I'm saying "per se". I know in theory having a deep threat keeps that 8th guy out of the box but maybe I didn't fully state what I meant by that....I think Moss will be also used in alot of "jump ball" situations in the red zone. Overall...wouldn't surprise me one bit if Moss led the team in TD's scored by a nice little margin.

End of the day...I want to SEE Maroney do it for one year before I draft him in the first round. His running style is both a blessing and a curse since he will take ALOT of contact on that shoulder. But beyond that...I just don't see LM being as big a part of the NE offense, on a percentage basis, as I see Henry being in the Denver scheme.

I disagree entirely.

I'd be interested so see your top 8. If you think Maroney is in it I somewhat doubt your projections.

I think this poll is entirely valid, and it is supported by ADP. Sorry if the masses disagree with you. :mad:

No doubt the poll is valid since once the consensus top 6 (LT, SJax, LJ, Gore, SA, Addai) are off the board I can see how people's opinions would vary one way or the other. Fact is ALOT of people who are sitting at #7 in a league that doesn't heavily reward QB's (effectively taking Manning out of the equation) will be stuck between the likes of Maroney, Henry, Westbrook, and Parker. If we're talking non-PPR I think your choice SHOULD BE between Maroney and Henry since they will, in theory, garner more TD's.

This might actually be one of the best "On the clock's" since it's a decision ALOT of redrafters are going to face this year.

How I am currently ranking them. Assumes all RBs take part in training camp and play in all preseason games without injury of course.

1- LT

2- SJax

3- SA (Seattle homer raised value)

4- Gore

5- LJ

6- Addai

7- Maroney

8- Westbrook

9- Henry

10- FWP (Seattle homer lowered value and still not over it :mad: )

11- Rudy

12- Ronnie Brown

13- Bush

How I am currently ranking them. Assumes all RBs take part in training camp and play in all preseason games without injury of course.

1- LT

2- SJax

3- SA (Seattle homer raised value)

4- Gore

5- LJ

6- Addai

7- Maroney

8- Westbrook

9- Henry

10- FWP (Seattle homer lowered value and still not over it :banana: )

11- Rudy

12- Ronnie Brown

13- Bush

This is so far outside of the consensus that you aren't exactly in a position to question the validity of this poll.

By all means, feel free to pick one over the other for whatever reason you like - but it's somewhat arrogant for your to criticize the poll on its validity when it's based on ADP and your rankings are completely out of left field. Alexander 3rd overall? FWP 10th?

Please.

I respect your opinion and your right to rank as you see fit, but when you criticize something based on your rather unique perspective you really aren't benefiting the discussion at hand. Better to express your sentiments about the player and leave it at that.

I voted Maroney. First, I think Maroney has a better offensive situation. Tom Brady, at this point in their carers, is better than Cutler, the NE Wr's as a group are better than the Donkeys, and let's face it, if Henry fumbles a few times what's to stop rat face from going going back to a committee (assuming there is no commitee now). I like Henry, but I like Maroney and his situation better.

i'm afraid i couldn't vote on this one today. there's too much telling evidence yet to come out about both....i hope. Will Henry get 80%, will Maroney be 100%?

I hope to have a definite choice by late August.

If both were 100% and getting 80% I'd take Maroney in a heartbeat.

Maybe my reason for selecting Henry is based more on what seems like a chip on his shoulder. Remember 2002 when people spoke that he couldn't run because of broken ribs or leg, but yet he gathered up like 1700 all purpose yards. Then the following year, close to the same in production.

I know he had two bummer years with McGahee and spitting time with Chris Brown. But how can one question his output once given the full load of carries? I mean he started 13 games last year but yet 1300 or so yards, in the best shape of his life...

Gotta love a RB who just flies under the radar and produces.

My draft is a long way off so I have awhile to debate/decide this but if both are the number one RB (who knows for sure with the Rat) and both are 100 percent healthy I would lean towards Maroney because of a more experienced QB and he has more upside... JMHO

and since the results are 19 to 18 right now I would say this was a pretty good OTC subject...

Man you guys must live some boring lives to go on like this. :lol:

Maybe my reason for selecting Henry is based more on what seems like a chip on his shoulder. Remember 2002 when people spoke that he couldn't run because of broken ribs or leg, but yet he gathered up like 1700 all purpose yards. Then the following year, close to the same in production.

I know he had two bummer years with McGahee and spitting time with Chris Brown. But how can one question his output once given the full load of carries? I mean he started 13 games last year but yet 1300 or so yards, in the best shape of his life...

Gotta love a RB who just flies under the radar and produces.

I agree with this pretty well to a T.

I will add to it that since Henry has a track record of playing through injury and producing at an elite level when playing, is playing in a "run first" system in Denver, and seems to be 100% right now, I think he's the no brainer.

Maroney is pretty much unproven, sustained 3 separate injuries last season (shoulder, ankle, ribs) and plays for the team that is the least forthcoming about player injury status in the league. The Pats could have him listed as questionable all season, and he might never take a snap, or he could be listed as doubtful all season and start every game. You just never know. But when the league is creating rules changes just because your team doesn't accurately report injuries, you know that's bad.

Maroney has neither the track record or health to be selected in the 1st round this season in my opinion. Further complicating the matter is that the Pats are more of a spread offense, that dinks & dunks its way downfield. Now that might have been a symptom of the coaching scheming for the personnel they had, but until I see differently, I will think of the Pats as a team that could as easily pass for 4 yards on 1st down or hand it off - and to me that's not the kind of system I want the feature back in. They are without question capable of producing an elite RB. But with brady at QB and the weapons they brought in at WR in Moss, Welker & Stallworth I just don't see them leaning that as heavily on the run as Denver does, nor do I see Maroney lasting long if they did.

I don't always buy into the injury prone tag that some players are slapped with...but in this case I'd at least like to see some semblance of a track record of health before investing that heavily in a player (e.g. 1st round pick)

I voted Maroney. First, I think Maroney has a better offensive situation. Tom Brady, at this point in their carers, is better than Cutler, the NE Wr's as a group are better than the Donkeys, and let's face it, if Henry fumbles a few times what's to stop rat face from going going back to a committee (assuming there is no commitee now). I like Henry, but I like Maroney and his situation better.

wouldn't having a young QB benefit the RB more? Typically teams lean more on the RB in those situations

For examples, see: LT2 with Rivers at the helm, and Brees before that...or Thomas Jones in Chicago with the parade of young QBs they had going for a while there...Gore in SF with a 2nd year Alex Smith.

Seems to me that the Pats don't favor the run over the pass - typically they are a very balanced team, leaning a bit more on the pass than the run even in short yardage. As mentioned, perhaps that was a symptom of the personnel they had on hand, but it seems more likely that's just the style of football they play.

Cutler is a young QB, so I have to believe Shanny will be leaning heavily on Henry to take the pressure off of Cutler and use the run to set up the pass, much like he's done in the past when he had a feature back. I am not convinced that NE has better receivers than Denver either. I know the Pats went out and broke the bank on Moss, Stallworth and Welker, but honestly the only one of the trio I think is worth it is Welker. Stallworth will injur a hammy by week 5 playing outdoors and on grass, and Moss is a shadow of his former glory. One of those guys might surprise me, but I'd caution against overrating them too much.

Meanwhile Walker is a viable receiver in Denver, and beyond that it's a bit dicey...but again, I see that as an advantage for Henry. With that rushing scheme, defenses can stack the line all day and the O-Line will still open the hole. One cut and downhill. That's how Henry runs and that's what the Denver system is designed for. It's why the Smurf had success there, it's how Mike Bell had success there and it's how Henry will have success there.

I don't recall Henry having fumbling issues, so that might be a moot point. if any Rb develops a serious fumbling problem they won't get many more opportunities, and that includes Maroney as well.

So each to his own, but I see the advantage being with Henry using your exact examples as supporting evidence. Young QB and fewer receiving options would seem to favor the RB, whereas better QB and more receiving options would seem to favor the running back.

:argue:

I am going to go with Maroney on this one, but I think either back is serviceable at this pick.

I like Maroneys upside with NE. Their offense should run on all 8 cylinders and be poised for a shot at a SB run. Brady should see some increase in value this season, and I see Maroney also benefitting well.

Maroney comes with a question mark of durability and Belicheks tendency to abandon the running game in games where the opposing defense can't stop the pass. Doesn't happen often, but does happen. I also think there will be times when back ups like faulk and morris will see some work when they are having a good game.

Henry comes into the King of RBBC's, hell I am willing to bet Shanny the Rat was the person RBBC came from. But, I do see Henry being a solid RB this year and I think Shanny will give him 70-80% of the workload (which is about on par with any team with a stud RB, aside from LJ). Denvers offense isn't quite as scary as New Englands though.

Maroney has neither the track record or health to be selected in the 1st round this season in my opinion.

Maroney comes with a question mark of durability

You guys do realize that Henry in the last 6 years has only played 1 full season?? 2001 he missed 3 games with a knee injury. 2003 he was out a game, 2004 missed 5 games with a broken leg, 2005 missed 2 games, 2006 missed 2 games… Maroney missed 2 games last year. He played through his shoulder injury showing his toughness at the end of the season.

As far as track record? Have you seen the numbers Maroney put up in High school and College? Plus as a back-up last year he led the Pats in rushing yards seven times. He is on the verge of being a Monster for Fantasy football. I just don’t get where you are coming from. I guess to each their own. I would not only draft Maroney in the first round.. I would and will if he is healthy take him 7th easy.

Of these 2 I would say it’s a safer bet that Henry will be the injured one. He gets injured every year just about.

I don't recall Henry having fumbling issues, so that might be a moot point.

Henry has had 28 fumbles in his career (4.6 ave per season). His season high was 11 in 2002, the 1 year he played a full season.

Maroney had 1 fumble last year.

This is so far outside of the consensus that you aren't exactly in a position to question the validity of this poll.

By all means, feel free to pick one over the other for whatever reason you like - but it's somewhat arrogant for your to criticize the poll on its validity when it's based on ADP and your rankings are completely out of left field. Alexander 3rd overall? FWP 10th?

Please.

I respect your opinion and your right to rank as you see fit, but when you criticize something based on your rather unique perspective you really aren't benefiting the discussion at hand. Better to express your sentiments about the player and leave it at that.

So using your thought process, why even have discussion? Just use the ADP from some web site and don't partake in these discussion.

The one thing I hate about fantasy football forums is most people are sheep. Follow the flock, don't think and go with crowd. Damned be the different! Why do you people even bother posting?

i voted on henry but thats now before i HAVE draft........my opinion might change in during camps.......

but people on here act like talking alexander or larry johnson isnt a risk......alexander is STILL hurt and larry johnson lost his starting QB, and his offensive line isnt what it used to be.......and alot of guys are REAL HIGH on maurice jones-drew if fred taylor wasnt there i wold have him up there....

heres my rankings..im using a ppr scoring system

1.LT

2.SJAX

3.GORE

4.ADDAI

5.WESTBROOK

6.LARRY JOHNSON

7.ALEXANDER ( IF HES HEALTHY)

8.WILLIE PARKER

9.RUDI

10.PORTIS

11.BUSH

12.HENRY

13.MARONEY

14.T.JONES

15.MCGAHEE

16. RONNIE BROWN

17.KEVIN JONES/TATUM BELL

18.CADDY

19.CEDRIC BENSON

20.EDGE

AND I KNOW I LEFT A FEW GUYS OUT, BUT AS OF RIGHT NOW THATS HOW I PICK'EM, IM SURE THIS LIST WILL CHANGE AFTER CAMPS.....

for the record: I voted Henry

While Henry is one little girl away from not playing, Maroney is already on the shelf this pre-season.

Scooter buddy... Um... I never had a problem with this. Except:

1) This topic has been debated already in several other threads (use the search feature its handy).

2) You're using a poor baseline as that mock draft system sucks and the majority of people bail by the third round so the list is just reinforcing itself with computer picks. If you don’t believe me ask why FFToday no longer uses them as their ADP for the compiler.

3) You are taking criticism a little too personally by bashing anyone who has a different opinion than you.

Other than that I think its super duper.

So using your thought process, why even have discussion? Just use the ADP from some web site and don't partake in these discussion.

The one thing I hate about fantasy football forums is most people are sheep. Follow the flock, don't think and go with crowd. Damned be the different! Why do you people even bother posting?

:lol:

Uhm, actually using my thought process, that is exactly why we'd have a discussion. It doesn't mean we're sheep, it means we need to have some sort of middle ground to initiate discussion/debate.

You need to establish a baseline to initiate discussion, and fantasy sports are no different in that regard. The baseline in the context of these On the Clock topics is Antsports ADP. The reason is to inspire discussion, not say that the consensus is correct. The consensus is what it is: a barometer of where these players are being drafted by the majority of FFB-ers who are engaged in "serious mocks" per Antsports.

If you disagree with Antsports ADP rankings, that's fine. it's your right, certainly. I know I often do. If you think 1.11 is too late or too early for any particular player, that's why there's a standard deviation. Not everyone takes these players at 1.11 - some might take them at 1.03 & some might take them at 2.06 - but knowing where the "sheep" take them sure does help the rest of us individual free thinkers prepare for our drafts, eh? Or do you expect the world to be "sheep" and follow your valuations? Naturally, I fully expect that each of us has his or her own projections, and thus his or her own rankings list. But how kind of you to help us understand that - it never would have occurred to me since I'm just a sheep. Baa'aaah. :banana:

That said, as the author of this I would sure have a hard time inspiring debate here among the varied opinions were I to use my own personal rankings, or anyone other individual's for that matter. That is why they are scenario-based: it is intended to inspire debate. More often than not it does, and every now & then we get a really good one going. Very occasionally someone comes in and attacks the premise of the topic as you've done. As with this response, I am generally nice to those people, and make a genuine effort to explain why I use Antsports for my baseline and why these topics are scenario-based. Since you already know everything and believe all participants here are sheep, you really don't have any need to ever open one of these OTC's again. :cry:

The person you appear to be supporting here (who just quoted you in mutual support) also stated that this poll is bogus and unrealistic because we couldn't even begin to discuss this until we have more details about the respective players, Maroney's health, etc. So by that logic, why even bother having any discussion about any player at FFT ever? No one knows who's going to do what in the preseason - will an O-Lineman go down here, or a QB get hurt there? Who the hell knows - none of us can predict the future. So why even have this website? Why ever discuss any player until 10 mins before the 1st game of the year? Ohhh yeah...now I remember - it's because we aren't sheep, we do all have individual opinions on players, and sometimes we even get people with local "homer" perspectives or insight about a particular coach or player to help us all become more educated in our projections, predictions and rankings. I suppose to you that's being a "sheep" - to me it's more being informed.

We don't know if Shanny will use more than 1 feature back in a RBBC, nor do we know if Maroney is going to be 100% - and you know what? That's ok. Because we can still speculate, discuss, argue and come to some mutual understandings. Perhaps the more geeks weigh in on the topic, the more we'll collectively benefit from it. Perhaps someone who was higher on Maroney will come away thinking, "gee, I don't know if I want to risk that high of a pick on a guy I don't know is 100%. I hadn't thought about the Pats not disclosing injuries before" - or perhaps they are convinced of entirely the opposite by someone else. Again - that's the entire point of this exercise.

Why you & Killer Elite are having such a hard time divining this relatively simple concept that's carried us through about 2 dozen of these topics since last year is a total mystery to me, but good luck figuring it all out. Seems like the rest of us are enjoying what to you is a pointless exercise, so perhaps you can do us all a big favor and not participate. Pretty simple, really. :rolleyes:

Take Henry, and ride him to the championship! :banana:

This quote looks very, very strange...

I voted Maroney. He's more explosive. Also, Henry disappears at times. Some games he'll be completely worthless and give you a loss. He didn't even really show up for a few whole seasons. Why do people still think Denver's running attack is so great? I don't think it is.

I'd have taken M. Drew or C. Portis here.

I voted Maroney. He's more explosive. Also, Henry disappears at times. Some games he'll be completely worthless and give you a loss. He didn't even really show up for a few whole seasons. Why do people still think Denver's running attack is so great? I don't think it is.

I'd have taken M. Drew or C. Portis here.

Aren't MJD & Portis RBBC guys you could have in the 2nd though? :banana:

Its much easier for me to delete accounts than to clean up threads. Keep it on topic without the insults, name-calling etc. Thank you.