Sign in to follow this  
swirvenirvin

Draft Discussion

Swirven where are the results from last year? I am curious.

1.01 Dexter Bussey

:pointstosky:

Sorry I held it up there for a bit guys - If I'm on the clock more than 5 minutes please shoot me an email to harrass me. I don't wanna hold this up at all. Just click on my profile and hit send an email.

Sorry I held it up there for a bit guys - If I'm on the clock more than 5 minutes please shoot me an email to harrass me. I don't wanna hold this up at all. Just click on my profile and hit send an email.

No worries. Looks like we'll be waiting for the commish for longer than that. :banana:

has anyone seen jeffko around? I havent been here but not sure if anyone has seen his name below or anything

IMO -- Maroney presents the largest upside of anyone outside the top 4 . If he is healthy of course. GREAT Oline , GREAT offense , Great Defense , lone feature back. If he is healthy and can handle load-- a 1600 yard ru and 15 TD season would be on par ! !

The picks leading up to #12 & #13 basically turned into what I'd call the worst case scenario for the #12 pick. All of the RBs I wanted were gone.

Some might suggest WRs at this point but I tried that strategy last year @12 and it was a very rough season. I'm not a Ronnie Brown fan but I think he's got more upside then some comparable backs on the board still and is an undisputed #1. Reggie Bush showed what he was made of more towards the end of the season after early season ankle problems may have limited him.

IMO -- Maroney presents the largest upside of anyone outside the top 4 . If he is healthy of course. GREAT Oline , GREAT offense , Great Defense , lone feature back. If he is healthy and can handle load-- a 1600 yard ru and 15 TD season would be on par ! !

Faulk and Morris will both get carries...He might approach 1600, but I'd say 10-12 TDs.

I can see him getting the 1600 yards but you knoew the patriots offense especially now with moss stallworth and watson, I think they will take away from the TD total. Billy doenst care what is going on he will pass the ball 15 times in a row if needed.

The picks leading up to #12 & #13 basically turned into what I'd call the worst case scenario for the #12 pick. All of the RBs I wanted were gone.

Some might suggest WRs at this point but I tried that strategy last year @12 and it was a very rough season. I'm not a Ronnie Brown fan but I think he's got more upside then some comparable backs on the board still and is an undisputed #1. Reggie Bush showed what he was made of more towards the end of the season after early season ankle problems may have limited him.

Yeah, I would have hated the 12th pick in this scenario, but you made out OK i think. I'm not a fan of Brown this early, but the other guys remaining all had issues themselves.

Yeah, the 12th pick is a crappy one this year, but I think you did pretty well for that spot. Ronnie Brown has plenty of potential to get to #1 RB form this season and Reggie Bush could be a stud.

Brown and Bush is a very solid combo in my eyes.

Brown and Bush is a very solid combo in my eyes.

:lol: Brown :mad: Bush. :banana:

Yeah, I would have hated the 12th pick in this scenario, but you made out OK i think. I'm not a fan of Brown this early, but the other guys remaining all had issues themselves.

I've got the #12 pick in my big money league and I'm hoping someone sneaks Manning into the 1st rd. to bump up either a Maroney or T. Henry to me. I believe that's where the 1st tier RBs end right there.

Interesting choice of CJ there. I'm having a hard time coming up with a #1 WR on my board. He's got that kind of talent but he tends to skew his totals with monstrous games that hide some of his extremely average stretches. I know most receivers have them, but since the emergence of Hoosyourdaddy, they seem to be more frequent. Just sayin... I'm guessing the departure of Chris Henry will tack on some #s for CJ so in that regard. :lol:

westbrook/portis

going for as many injury prone players as possible :doublethumbsup:

Actually I love portis in the second round, hoping I can land him a $ league with similar scoring.

I gotta leave for a few hours then I will be back. My pick at 3.4 is not too far off. Can I leave one of you a list?

I gotta leave for a few hours then I will be back. My pick at 3.4 is not too far off. Can I leave one of you a list?

Zack - click on my profile and send me an email, no problem.

Thanks alot man. I need to go refill my hydrocodone prescription now for T.O.

Thanks alot man. I need to go refill my hydrocodone prescription now for T.O.

Haha...No prob bud......man he is a good pick there, but last year was the first year I've had him in a long time. He performed great, but I just can't take his off the field antics - he stresses me out too much. I'm sure he'll be great this year though as long as the Cowboys can get some Ws.

He is too big a stud to pass on a running back who is a RB2 type.

I sent it to swirven I cannot get you a emial the link did not work.

I sent it to swirven I cannot get you a emial the link did not work.

If you wanna send another as a backup to swirv - you gotta hit, View Member Profile on me - and the Send An Email on the bottom left. Just hitting send message is for IM and doesnt work here.

in case I forget to check from home i will put a list here. only one pick till me so whatever:

2.12 wayne if avail, if not then housh

3.1 benson if avail, if not then edge

I might be alone on this, but I can't bring myself to take Benson in the 2nd round. He just went 2.4 in one of the IBL drafts, are people really that in love with him? 2.11 is better, but he's a late 3rd round guy at the absolute earliest on my list.

I might be alone on this, but I can't bring myself to take Benson in the 2nd round. He just went 2.4 in one of the IBL drafts, are people really that in love with him? 2.11 is better, but he's a late 3rd round guy at the absolute earliest on my list.

Agreed. There are a large number of RBs I would take before him, and many WRs.

I agree about Benson - don't think he can hold up to the increased workload.

On a side note, I hope this moves a little quicker tomorrow - this was pretty slow today.

I agree about Benson - don't think he can hold up to the increased workload.

On a side note, I hope this moves a little quicker tomorrow - this was pretty slow today.

Are you kidding? We're moving at a blistering pace! At this rate, we'll be done by the Pro Bowl! :dunno:

myself I would have no problem taking him in the second assuming no ppr. main guy, good oline, great defense, goal line carries are all positive things imo, and I actually thought he looked really good in some of the games last year, the injuries hes had don't scare me much either. you might as well just cross him off your list before the draft if late 3rd is the earliest you'll go on him.