Sign in to follow this  
Polycane

Transferring from Excel 2003 to excel 2007

i just got a laptop so i was wanting to transfer my cheatsheets and buddy over to that one. is it easy? i wish you could just transfer through a usb drive. can you?

Hi Polycane. Yes, it is that easy. Copy the files on the USB drive from old computer, and move them over to the new computer.

As for upgrading to Excel 2007, I think I would recommend against that. The .xls files should work fine in Excel 2007 as is (if I remember correctly). We just made Excel 2007 files available as that is what some people requested who had Excel 2007. But in your case if you try to convert your old 2003 file, there is a small but necessary change or two in Buddy which may not be obvious.

You could always download again from the member access page if you like.

problem is that i don't have 2003 cd. so i have to have the 2007 version. Now i just gotta figure out the macros thing again. i will find that though...the buddy is why i bought it. the compiler is good too but i really like buddy.

ok this is getting frustrating. i can't figure out how to enable macros. it's telling me what to do but 2007 is different. The thing is that it's not prompting me like 2003 would. i can' tplay sound or start the clock or anything