Sign in to follow this  
BlackClouds

Anyone ever taken MonaVie Active Juice?

My wife's been talking to a friend who's family has been taking this stuff for a while now and they feel more energized and have also lost weight with it. It's supposed to help with joint pain as well.

Any input is most appreciated.

wife = 36D

Sounds like it's an antioxidant drink...one of the latest in home selling - like Pampered Chef or Mary Kay.

Made of the Acai Berry - supposedly a berry from the rainforest with the most antioxidants, in the world.

That stuff is $$$, are your friends distributors of the juice?

No.

The snake oil peddler became a stock character in Western movies: a travelling "doctor" with dubious credentials, selling some medicine (such as snake oil) with boisterous marketing hype, often supported by pseudo-scientific evidence, typically bogus. To enhance sales, an accomplice in the crowd (a "shill") would often "attest" the value of the product in an effort to provoke buying enthusiasm. The "doctor" would prudently leave town before his customers realized that they had been cheated. This practice is also called "grifting" and its practitioners "grifters".

The snake oil peddler became a stock character in Western movies: a travelling "doctor" with dubious credentials, selling some medicine (such as snake oil) with boisterous marketing hype, often supported by pseudo-scientific evidence, typically bogus. To enhance sales, an accomplice in the crowd (a "shill") would often "attest" the value of the product in an effort to provoke buying enthusiasm. The "doctor" would prudently leave town before his customers realized that they had been cheated. This practice is also called "grifting" and its practitioners "grifters".

:shocking:

That stuff is $$$, are your friends distributors of the juice?

Not that I'm aware of. I'll have to inquire though.

They are willing to just give us a couple of bottles for free. Prolly to get us hooked. :shocking:

A few months ago we were at the Unitarian Church, after the service coffee thing. Some friend of my wife starts telling us abouth this crap she is selling. I politely listened, mainly cause she has some nice little jugs and is kinda milfy cute. Anyway she is going on and on about how wonderful it is. Course my wife can't say no to anything...sometimes this is a bad thing and says we will buy a case. Friend leaves and I ask how much is this gonna cost. 100 bucks a case. Pretty much tell her no focking way we are buying that sh1t from her and if I spend a 100 dollars on a case I better be getting a happy ending from the two of them.

I have a friend that sells that stuff. He tried to push it on me a couple times. I hated the taste, but it did give a bit of energy. I guess that berry is the shiznit.