Sign in to follow this  
Cuse9

The help master is here.

Vince Young @ JAX or Big Ben @ CLE?

I'm on the Young Bandwagon, but this is a terrible match-up for him. I usually don't ask for advice, but this is a tough decision.

Big Ben! I like this guy this year. I think Tomlin will really let us see what kind of a QB he can be. With Ward, Washington, Holmes, Miller.....he's got alot to work with. Pitt always has a steller line so he'll have the time to let things happen. VY is very exciting and looks like he'll turn into a McNabb type qb, but I don't think we'll see it this year....but it's quite possible. As you stated, Jaxonville is a tough D and if he tries to improvise and run around he's likely to get his block knocked off! Ben and his match up are too good to sit out this week.

As for asking for advice. I don't think it's really advice I'm giving alot of times, it's simply a different point of view for guys to think about. I think we all know our stuff in here, it's just nice to get a second opinion sometimes.

help master,

Who should I start with Westbrook? Lamont Jordan or Carnell Williams?

I have Leinart as my QB. I can pick up Schaub off of waivers. Should I dump Culpepper to get him? That was a very late round grab and I was hoping maybe he would do something.

I also would like to pick up Jacoby Jones and/or the Raiders D. But that would mean I would have to drop one of the following:

Culpepper

J. Jones

L. Betts

Brandon Jackson

Braylon Edwards

Berrian

D. Branch

Green Bay D/ST

So in short I'm asking should I drop any of these to pick up Schaub, Jacoby Jones, or Raiders D?

First, the potential of Schaub far outweighs what Culpepper can bring. CPepp don't have Moss and Carter anymore and it shows when he plays. He makse bad decisions and with his messed up knee he isn't the mobile QB he used to be.

Lamont Jordan looks to be a better option over Caddy. I'm not high on Caddy and his OLine. Garcia will help out alot, but I would like to see Caddy put together some consistant games before throwing him in. IF Walter/McCown/CPepp/Stabler/Plunkett....whoever plays QB for Oakland can play decent then Jordan should be alright.

Jacoby Jones. Sorry but you can't pick him. You simply don't have a spot on your roster. It's moments like this when we truely get what it feels like to be a coach/gm. You really want this young kid with all this promise, but have to let him go based on roster limits. Sucks, but that's the way it goes!

Green Bay will definitly be better. AJ Hawk is a stud and I think he has that Ray Lewis mentality that will make everyone around him better....so it's quite possible that GB will end up being better than Oakland. Either way you go it's not anyone's top option for D....I'd rather roll the dice with the team that has the easier schedule which I think is Green Bay.

Cuse - Thaks for all the help in the past. I got another Q for you. May be getting ahead of myself or overhthinking, but I will ask anyways.

Three years ago I had Peyton, and rode him all season, just to have him play parts of games at the end, because the Colts were already set in the playoffs. This killed me for my playoffs as I did not have a very strong backup.

My concern is I have Reggie Wayne (27 points for me last night), but I can see the same thing happening to me down the road, since the Colts will probably have playoffs and home field locked up early.

Should I look for potential trades midway through the season for someone who is comparable, but not likely to sit at the end of the season or just ride out what I have.

Thanks for the help - Here's a list of my team and league scoring

QB - Schaub, Garcia

RB - SJax, S Alexander, T Jones, Brian Leonard, Maurice Morris

WR - Reggie Wayne, Roy Williams, Mark Clayton, Patrick Crayton, Greg Jennings

TE - Owen Daniels

K - Kasay

DEF - Raiders

Passing TD's - 4 points

Rushing/Receiving TD's - 6 points

ppr

drew carter or colbert? i'm in a deep league and have carter, but colbert is starting this week. thoughts this week and beyond?

drew carter or colbert? i'm in a deep league and have carter, but colbert is starting this week. thoughts this week and beyond?

Keary Colbert for sure. Carter has great skills...the one skill that he don't have is hanging onto the ball. He simply can't hang onto the ball....he blew his chances to start. He'll come in on three wr sets, but Colbert will be in the two wr sets and get the start.

Kitna or Garrard?

I know Kitna seems like a no-brainer here, but Oakland's pass D is tough, Kitna's battled spasms, and Garrard has a favorable matchup. Am I overthinking this, giving Garrard consideration?

6 pts all TD, 1 pt/30 yds passing, 1/10 yds rushing/receiving

16 team league

My roster:

QB: Kitna, Garrard (start 1)

RB: MJD, Barber III, Brandon Jackson, Kevin Faulk (start 2)

WR: Wayne, Houshmanzadeh, Ginn Jr. (start 2)

TE: Shockey

K: Gostkowski

D: Cowboys

Thanks for the help!

Kitna or Garrard?

I know Kitna seems like a no-brainer here, but Oakland's pass D is tough, Kitna's battled spasms, and Garrard has a favorable matchup. Am I overthinking this, giving Garrard consideration?

6 pts all TD, 1 pt/30 yds passing, 1/10 yds rushing/receiving

16 team league

My roster:

QB: Kitna, Garrard (start 1)

RB: MJD, Barber III, Brandon Jackson, Kevin Faulk (start 2)

WR: Wayne, Houshmanzadeh, Ginn Jr. (start 2)

TE: Shockey

K: Gostkowski

D: Cowboys

Thanks for the help!

Oakland's pass D only seemed tough on paper. They were behind so much last year that teams didn't need to throw vs them. Kitna will light them up. I don't believe in Garrard just yet. He's more mobile than Lefty and hopefully he can stay healthy. Definitly worth a spot on your bench, but I wouldn't throw him in over a QB in a Martz system with the weapons that he has!

*****UPDATE*****

Patrick Crayton/Terry Glenn

Their are mixed reports on Terry Glenn. Be cautious in your approach to this situation. Don't let Glenn go until you know if he's out for the season or not. Don't give up too much for Crayton either!

Craytons value week one is very good since Glenn will be out for week one, but the value there after is unclear.

Vince Young (vs Jags) or Matt Schaub (vs KC)

Steven Jackson (vs Carolina) Or Laurence Maroney (vs Jets)

Who should I start?

Vince Young (vs Jags) or Matt Schaub (vs KC)

Steven Jackson (vs Carolina) Or Laurence Maroney (vs Jets)

Who should I start?

Vince Young. After last year we know he can play. Even though I don't like the match-up vs the Jags.

We need to see if the OLine can protect before inserting Schuab in as a starter. I think he'll do fine, but let's wait and see.

Steven Jackson. Even if he was playing vs Jesus and his desciples.....I'd take Jackson over anyone but LT.

hey thanks cuse i got another q for ya, would you sit bell in favor of jacoby jones? i had an offer of bell and jevon walker for SA and lamont offered to me so im going to jump all over that soon i would think.. so pretty much im asking if i should start jones in my W/R position i have holmes at W/T

thanks

QB - Leinart @ SF or Kitna @ OAK (leaning towards Leinart due to possible shootout)

Flex - Julius Jones v NYG or B. Jackson v PHI or Reggie Brown v PHI (like RBs @ flex, but have feeling about Brown)

Def - Vikings v ATL or Jaguars v TEN (Like Minny @ home v Joey?)

hey thanks cuse i got another q for ya, would you sit bell in favor of jacoby jones? i had an offer of bell and jevon walker for SA and lamont offered to me so im going to jump all over that soon i would think.. so pretty much im asking if i should start jones in my W/R position i have holmes at W/T

thanks

You get Alexander and Lamont and give up Bell and Walker? Hell yeah, great deal for you!! I wouldn't want to start Jacoby though. He's gonna make some noise as a return man early and eventually he will probably supplant Walters as the starter. Until he does I don't think he's starting material just yet. He does have big play ability though!

I'd take a different route for your W/R position.

QB - Leinart @ SF or Kitna @ OAK (leaning towards Leinart due to possible shootout)

Flex - Julius Jones v NYG or B. Jackson v PHI or Reggie Brown v PHI (like RBs @ flex, but have feeling about Brown)

Def - Vikings v ATL or Jaguars v TEN (Like Minny @ home v Joey?)

I have the same problem....Kitna or Leinart in one league. As the #1 Lions Fan you prolly have a better feel for how they'll do than I do. I think Kitna is going to have a tremendous year. Don't buy into the Oakland pass D, they're not that good. While I really like Leinart, I am going with Kitna myself and would suggest you do the same.

Flex spot, Julius Jones easily of that group. I'm a Cornhusker fan so I've seen a good deal of Brandon Jackson and I don't think he can cut it as an every down back in the NFL. He doesn't pass block very well which is going to lose PT for him and he'll miss out on opportunitites. Reggie is a good wr, but Julius will handle the ball alot more than him obviously.

It's a contract year for Julius and the coaching staff has said he'll get the ball more this year. Based on those two things alone I'm a believer that he'll step up his numbers this year.

I'd take Jacksonville for sure. I really think Altanta is going to come out and kick some butt to prove they don't need Vick. Jacksonville is solid!

Berrian or Stallworth #2 WR

Berrian on this one. I think the Pats have a better match up but they also spread the ball around alot more. Berrian doesn't have any competition for balls. Stallworth is competing with Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Watson....too much to compete with to be your number two.

I don't like Berrians match-up, but with his speed he could get past the DB's for some big plays. Grossman may suck, but he can throw the deep ball and Berrian can run deep routes pretty well.

Pick my 2nd wr:

Braylon Edwards vs Pitt

Housh vs Balt

For some odd reason am leaning towards Edwards cause Pitt secondary is suspect at times.

Thanks

O Master, should I drop Greg Jennings and pick up Patrick Crayton on the waiver wire? Thanks!

Keep Jennings or drop him for Creyton or Welker???

It's worth a shot if Glenn is done for the year. If Glenn comes back in three weeks then it was bad move. If you are sitting good with the rest of your wr core then I would. If you look at my top three wr's (my sig) I would take a gamble because I can afford to, but if you don't have three good starters then don't chance it if you need Jennings to start.

Not Welker....keep Jennings (#2) over Welker who'll be #2 one week, #4 the next, #?? the next....

Pick my 2nd wr:

Braylon Edwards vs Pitt

Housh vs Balt

For some odd reason am leaning towards Edwards cause Pitt secondary is suspect at times.

Thanks

Woah! You never sit Housh....NEVER! He's too good. This week he has every chance to be the top wr fantasy wise!! His style of play is pefect vs the Ravens.

Last game vs Baltimore he had 10 catches for 106 yards and a TD! The game before he was 3-66 and a TD. He was 5-61 and 9-147-1 in 2005.

TJ has the Ravens number.....noway do you sit him!!!

Berrian on this one. I think the Pats have a better match up but they also spread the ball around alot more. Berrian doesn't have any competition for balls. Stallworth is competing with Moss, Welker, Gaffney, Watson....too much to compete with to be your number two.

I don't like Berrians match-up, but with his speed he could get past the DB's for some big plays. Grossman may suck, but he can throw the deep ball and Berrian can run deep routes pretty well.

thanks for the reply.

agreed on Berrian. its funny, i read a stat that said Quentin Jammer was only thrown at deep 4 times last year, and didnt get beat. in spite of that, i still feel i have to start him. he's the clear #1, and even tho he's up against a tougher D than stallworth, i have to stick with him. i think i'm pretty much resigned to start him the rest of the year (obviously im thin at WR). i could play matchups each week, but in the end i have to gamble on berrians potential to be a top 15 wr this year. that means sticking with him each week, and praying to the GROSSMAN gods.

good luck with your games this weekend.

cheers.

thanks for the reply.

agreed on Berrian. its funny, i read a stat that said Quentin Jammer was only thrown at deep 4 times last year, and didnt get beat. in spite of that, i still feel i have to start him. he's the clear #1, and even tho he's up against a tougher D than stallworth, i have to stick with him. i think i'm pretty much resigned to start him the rest of the year (obviously im thin at WR). i could play matchups each week, but in the end i have to gamble on berrians potential to be a top 15 wr this year. that means sticking with him each week, and praying to the GROSSMAN gods.

good luck with your games this weekend.

cheers.

It's so hard to play match-ups!! It will kill you making those decisions every week....lol. Don't forget Grossman was a world beater at the beginning of last year. If he learned what he was doing right and can fix it for this year he could be good. I think his confidence is what is killing him.

That surprized me about Jammer. I always figured him to just be a hard hitter (Lynch type player), never thought of him as a cover guy!

thanks for making this topic.

i need to decide between kitna/favre/leinart for QB and driver/roy williams/caddillac for 1 WR spot and a flex

thanks!

I've been going back and forth on this one all week, who do you think? Portis vs Mia, Foster @ StL or Peterson vs Atl? <_<

Thanks!

thanks for making this topic.

i need to decide between kitna/favre/leinart for QB and driver/roy williams/caddillac for 1 WR spot and a flex

thanks!

I have Leinart and Kitna and I've been bouncing around with this one myself. Currently I'm taking Kitna. The Raiders D is not that good. Kitna should have a field day with Roy/Calvin/Furrey. However, Leinart could easily have a great game vs SF.

I'd take Kitna, but it's close!!

Wait as long as you can to hand in your flex spot. Roy is easy. I'd take Caddy as your other spot. I really like Driver, but it seems like nobody knows if he will play or if he does....how much? Stay away from the situation. Go with Caddy and hope he has his stuff together this year!

Good luck

I've been going back and forth on this one all week, who do you think? Portis vs Mia, Foster @ StL or Peterson vs Atl? :thumbsup:

Thanks!

Tough one there!

Three backs that could all easiy run for 150 yards or get less than 5 carries!!

We know Foster has had every chance to excell and hasn't! They installed a new offensive scheme this year that should really help.

Portis is a top 5 back when healthy...how healthy is he?

Peterson has the potential to be the best player in football!

I think it comes down to match-ups. Foster has the best match-up of the group. He's playing vs a poor run defense in STL. They also installed a new system in Carolina which will showcase his speed. He's been named the starter and the goal line back.

I just don't trust Portis yet and I'd like to see how many carries Peterson is going to get.

Take Foster and cross your fingers.

Matt Schaub vs. Kansas City -or-

Vince Young vs. Baltimore

I know Young is the popular choice here on this forum so far...however...

All the "experts" say keep him on the bench this week

What would you do?

Tough one there!

Three backs that could all easiy run for 150 yards or get less than 5 carries!!

We know Foster has had every chance to excell and hasn't! They installed a new offensive scheme this year that should really help.

Portis is a top 5 back when healthy...how healthy is he?

Peterson has the potential to be the best player in football!

I think it comes down to match-ups. Foster has the best match-up of the group. He's playing vs a poor run defense in STL. They also installed a new system in Carolina which will showcase his speed. He's been named the starter and the goal line back.

I just don't trust Portis yet and I'd like to see how many carries Peterson is going to get.

Take Foster and cross your fingers.

Yeah... I was thinking Foster based on matchup as well, the others are just so tempting and Foster hasn't been all that impressive thus far in his career. Also have Kevin Curtis and Santonio Holmes I could plug into this flex spot, but it's so hard to not put a RB in flex.

Thanks again

Matt Schaub vs. Kansas City -or-

Vince Young vs. Baltimore

I know Young is the popular choice here on this forum so far...however...

All the "experts" say keep him on the bench this week

What would you do?

Jacksonville is a smart defense. They're not overaggressive which would really play into Youngs hands and let him have a field day. Young will get his chances to run wild, but he will have to complete some passes early! His wr's aren't the best group out there, so that's not an easy task! If he can earn some respect with his arm then he should have a very good day.

Schuab is playing a poor defense in KC. Ahman will vastly help his chances to succeed. AJ is money. If Walter or Jacoby can step up and most importantly the OLine can give him time, he'll have a good day.

Definitly a tough one. I would take Young because we know he is capable of going nuts. He could run a 40 TD in or throw it. The guy has talent...serious talent. Schuab may be very good, but lets wait and see how that line looks before inserting him.

1pt / 10yd rec, 6pt TD, no PPR

Must start two:

WR

P Clayton (DAL)

P Burress (NYG)

C Chambers (MIA)

L Evans (BUF)

Must start one:

TE

V Davis (SF)

D Clark (CHI)

------------------------------

I thought I had my mind made up to go Evans / Burress (so long as Burress starts and has no injury). However I'm starting to lean the other way on Evans. He could have a huge week, but he could also be a bust. The team I'm playing already started Bush who put up 3 points by our scoring system, so I don't really need huge numbers to win.

My other starts are

QB - McNabb

RB - Edge, Moroney

K - Elam

D - San Diego

Any thoughts are appreciated.

Out of these three running backs who would you start?

Edge vs the 49ers

Green vs the chiefs

Jordan vs the lions

Thanks in advance

Out of these three running backs who would you start?

Edge vs the 49ers

Green vs the chiefs

Jordan vs the lions

Thanks in advance

I've got to stick up for Edge. I'm also and Edge owner, and I'll be starting him this weekend. My only choice would be to go with Jamal Lewis over him. I'm guessing you took Edge way before those other players, you've got to at least partially stick to the plan of starting your studs.

No new information has led ME to believe that Green or Jordan will get near the amount of touches or production of Edge on a weekly basis, week 1 being no exception.

Good Luck.

1pt / 10yd rec, 6pt TD, no PPR

Must start two:

WR

P Clayton (DAL)

P Burress (NYG)

C Chambers (MIA)

L Evans (BUF)

Must start one:

TE

V Davis (SF)

D Clark (CHI)

------------------------------

I thought I had my mind made up to go Evans / Burress (so long as Burress starts and has no injury). However I'm starting to lean the other way on Evans. He could have a huge week, but he could also be a bust. The team I'm playing already started Bush who put up 3 points by our scoring system, so I don't really need huge numbers to win.

My other starts are

QB - McNabb

RB - Edge, Moroney

K - Elam

D - San Diego

Any thoughts are appreciated.

First, Vernon Davis is the easy choice. The Bears drafted Olsen because Desmond couldn't get the job done.

I'd stay with Evans for sure. The guy is the leader of the team and I fully expect him to be much more consistant this year. For the second wr, it's between Plax and Crayton. I'd take Crayton. With all the attention being on Owens, Crayton could have a field day vs the poor Giants DB's.

Evans for sure..

Crayton by a smidge over Burress.

Having a real hard time with my #2 RB. I've got Edge in my lineup right now but think Jordan could be an explosive play at home against the Lions. With Shipp getting the goal line carries with ARZ I believe Jordan could have a better opportunity for a TD or two.