Sign in to follow this  
cmh6476

Am I the only one that thinks the Chiefs are going back to the playoffs?

Well apparently I'm the only one left here who thinks LJ is still worth a top 3 pick. Well, me and everyone else who plays in every single one of my leagues, but maybe that's because we like football and not just jerking it to some stats every now and then.

It's not like the Chiefs had steller Qb play last year from Trent or anything. Somehow they still made the playoffs. It's not out of the rhelm of possibility for this year.

I have no doubt the Chiefs are going to the playoffs! Our Defense will be top 10, maybe even top 5. With the speed on the outside of the line, fastest LB's in captivity and our veteran corners with crazy ass safeties, I love the Chiefs D!

On Offense, sure they have sucked so far, but now add in D McIntosh, J Dunn, D Bowe, and Finally LJ, that's 4 pretty big freaking keys to the offense that have been missing!

I see the Chiefs going 10-6 and making the playoffs.

:thumbsup:

If Brody Croyle starts the majority of games, then no. No chance in hell.

So the real question is - why in the world would the Chiefs hand the offensive reins over to an inexperienced hillbilly QB when Damon Huard had the 2nd highest passer rating behind Manning last year and led the Chiefs to the playoffs?

Because the Chiefs are dumber than monkey sh*t.... that's the only reason I can come up with. :thumbsup:

the thought hadn't occurred to me. care to make your case?

the defense was good enough to get them into the playoffs last year, and good enough to keep them in the game with indy. The D should be improved this year as they addressed the weakest position on the field (DT) with the additions of Alphonso Boone, Tank Tyler and Turk McBride. The added depth should help not only provide a boost but keep incumbents Ron Edwards and james reed fresh, hopefully the rotation we'll be using will provide some pressure up the gut.

The linebacking untit should be the most improved, going from Kendrell Bell, kawika Mitchell and Derrick Johnson to Donnie Edwards, Napoleon Harris, and DJ. Not only are these guys probably quicker and more athletic, but herm is bringing in guys that fit his system better than the Vermeil players.

The area of concern on D will be at corner, but if Law & Surtain stay healthy we should be ok. We also have some rooks that ren't doing too bad in preseason, and Herm likes young DBs as he came into the league as an undrafted FA and started from day 1.

A lot will be expected out of 2nd year safeties Bernard Pollard and Jarrad Page, we'll see what they can do. Fortunately they have a lot of vets that will be helping them get better (Wesley, Jon McGraw, and even herm).

The offense is going to be fine, I think most will be surprised from the output we receive at the QB position. If Croyle is the guy from day 1 we're going to see him make some rookie mistakes, but he also has a lot of talent and should be able to keep defenses somewhat honest. The focus will still be on running the ball, and I think the line will be fine with run blocking. Also Jason Dunn will be back and McIntosh is progressing ahead of schedule.

I don't think anybody thinks this is a superbowl team, but I don't see any reason to believe they can't win 10 games again and find themselves in the playoffs. I think they are really setting themselves up nicely for next year and beyond...

So the real question is - why in the world would the Chiefs hand the offensive reins over to an inexperienced hillbilly QB when Damon Huard had the 2nd highest passer rating behind Manning last year and led the Chiefs to the playoffs?

Because the Chiefs are dumber than monkey sh*t.... that's the only reason I can come up with. :thumbsup:

Damon Huard is hurt at the present, and may not even play Thurs night

Also, Damon Huard isn't getting this team to the super bowl, and if there is a quarterback on the roster that could at sometime, it's Croyle not Huard. I wasn't sold on the decision either, but after listening to all the hype following local media, I'm starting to buy in...

No.

My lord, they snuck in last year, got whacked and don't appear to me to be any better at any position.

I'm sorry to say this but the Chiefs may have been one of the worst playoff teams of the past 5 or 6 years. I think both Denver AND Cincy were much better than KC last year and would have at least had a prayer in the post season.

I don't see any reason to believe they can't win 10 games again and find themselves in the playoffs.

Bodog Odds:

2007 NFL Regular Season Wins - Kansas City Chiefs: 7½ (+110)o (-140)u

cmh is going to Vegas! :thumbsup:

Because the Chiefs are dumber than monkey sh*t.... that's the only reason I can come up with. :doublethumbsup:

No way - too many good teams in AFC, although I'd give them a slight chance w/Huard at QB.

Sorry, but the Chief's division is just too good. There's no way they climb over the Chargers and Broncos to make the playoffs. I think both of those teams are better than the Chiefs, and I think Oakland will be better this year too. The Chief's defence is still bad, and they don't have the offensive firepower to get it done behind a declining O-line. The WR's still suck, and Gonzalez ain't getting any younger.

I know they made the playoffs last year, but the Broncos are better this year and I think the Chiefs have declined.

The Chief's defence is still bad,
false

Our Defense...

Unless you can tell us what position you play, all posters who have such rampant homerism to claim to be a member of the team instantly lose all crediblity when discussing said team.

Without even addressing the losses/improvements over the off season, I'll respond to your "we made the playoffs last year" comment. You do remember how you backed into the playoffs last year don't you? It was a direct result of a monumental collapse by the Bengals. Specifically a missed PAT against the Broncos to tie and a missed FG against the Steelers to win it all.

I remember you saying "you saw no way that KC could get in as the Bengals would have to lose their last 3 games". Well, they managed to pull it off for you.

Unless you can tell us what position you play, all posters who have such rampant homerism to claim to be a member of the team instantly lose all crediblity when discussing said team.

idiot..

I'm guessing when you talk about your hometown team you never say "our" "we" "us" any of that do you jerky? And being a Chiefs fan, sure I'm rooting for them, but I also believe it allows me more insight on the Chiefs than you may have. It's not like we can see the future assclown, we are merely stating what we believe.

false

Thanks for the in-depth analysis. You've certainly changed my opinion!

Because the Chiefs are dumber than monkey sh*t.... that's the only reason I can come up with. :mellow:

THIS SERIOUSLY HAD ME LMFAO AND LOL - :shocking:

The Houston Texans will have a better record than that Kansasshitty Cheaps.

Without even addressing the losses/improvements over the off season, I'll respond to your "we made the playoffs last year" comment. You do remember how you backed into the playoffs last year don't you? It was a direct result of a monumental collapse by the Bengals. Specifically a missed PAT against the Broncos to tie and a missed FG against the Steelers to win it all.

I remember you saying "you saw no way that KC could get in as the Bengals would have to lose their last 3 games". Well, they managed to pull it off for you.

regardless of how they got into the playoffs last year, they were a 9 win team. They weren't an elite team, but they weren't a sub-par team either. They have made some improvements to the roster, with no key losses. The team should be improved again this year and I don't see why they won't find themselves in the playoff hunt again come December.

The Houston Texans will have a better record than that Kansasshitty Cheaps.

Kansas City 1, Houston 0

Here's who's getting in before KC:

NE

IND

AFC North winner: we'll say CIN

SD

So KC will have to contend with NYJ, JAX, BAL, PIT, & DEN for the final two spots. I'm not sure how they're schedule pans out respective to these other teams, but at first glance each of these 5 teams are better than KC...it's close between KC and NYJ.

You're not crazy for thinking KC can make the playoffs, because it's August and every team except Oakland holds the same hope to make the playoffs. Fans of every team think their team can do well this year.

I just don't see it for KC.

Kansas City schedule:

Houston - Loss

Chicago - Loss

Minnesota - Win

San Diego - Loss

Jacksonville - Loss

Cincinnati - Loss

Oakland - Loss

Bye - Loss

Green Bay - Loss

Denver - Win

Indianapolis - Loss

Oakland - Loss

San Diego - Loss

Denver - Loss

Tennesee - Win

Detroit - Loss

N.Y. Jets - Win

4-12 season won't get you to the playoffs.

:overhead:

regardless of how they got into the playoffs last year, they were a 9 win team. They weren't an elite team, but they weren't a sub-par team either. They have made some improvements to the roster, with no key losses. The team should be improved again this year and I don't see why they won't find themselves in the playoff hunt again come December.

Will Shields?

Trent Green?

Very well said.... and this is coming from a Bengals homer. :cry: :(

I'm guessing when you talk about your hometown team you never say "our" "we" "us" any of that do you jerky?

That's correct, I don't.

Will Shields?

Trent Green?

Shields would be the one worth mentioning. I think we'll get more production out of our QB (be it huard or croyle) then we would have with Green.

But I think the transition to Guard for John Wellbourne will be an easy one, he's a natural Guard. He'll be fine in run-blocking, and pass-protection at the Guard position usually isn't an issue. Overall I think our run-blocking will be fine, it will be pass-protection fromt he tackle positions that will be the issue, which it has been the past couple years.

Not only that, but they also need Denver to get stuffed 7 or 8 times in a row on the one yard line, at home, against a Niner defence that didn't scare anyone.

While the Chiefs defence seems to be underrated, I don't see it making up for what appears to be an average (at best) offence. Looking at the sched that The Soilost posted, 8-8 seems to look like an optimistic record. When looking at the quality teams the Chiefs would be battling for that last wild-card spot (I'm pencilling either SD or Denver in for the first spot - whovever doesn't win the AFC West out of those two), 8-8 isn't going to cut it, I'm afraid.

there wasn't much difference between the chiefs and broncos and bengals last year. they were all good teams, just not great teams.

I'm just saying they're going to be better than the good team they had last year. Playoffs are not out of the question, all I'm sayin.

With respect to the soloist, I can see Kansas City getting to 10-6 like this:

@Houston - Win (1-0)

@Chicago - Loss (1-1)

Minnesota - Win (2-1)

@San Diego - Loss (2-2)

Jacksonville - Win (3-2)

Cincinnati - Loss (3-3)

@Oakland - Win (4-3)

Bye

Green Bay - Win (5-3)

Denver - Win (6-3)

@Indianapolis - Loss (6-4)

Oakland - Win (7-4)

San Diego - Loss (7-5)

@Denver - Loss (7-6)

Tennesee - Win (8-6)

@Detroit - Win (9-6)

@N.Y. Jets - Win (10-6)

Now do I actually see this happening? Probably not. But it is not out of the realm of possibility.