Sign in to follow this  
junk

Copying League Profiles

hi, my excel doesnt like to update on its own, so i downloaded the new one, copied the profile, but the site B data...well how do i get that over...

i fiugred out one solution (rank both by 2006) and then copy the data over...

but even this may not work 100% if there are different players b/t the 2 versions...

is there a more simple way to copy over my site b data?

thanks

Oh Mr. Excel 97, how about you just upgrade like the rest of us? :P (just kidding)

How about just keeping copies of Projection Pal with your projections from another site, and then running it again against the new Compiler file?

hmm..

maybe im doing something wrong then...

i actually have office 2000...so i guess it should be updating properly right....

let me try again, but i seem to rem even when it did update some data, the site B data wasnt sorted with the correct players....

i.e. after the update the order of the players changes, but the order of the site b data stayed same, like it was anchored or somthing??

would there be a reason for this?

Updating projections should continue to line up your Site B and Site C data with the proper player after the update is finished.

i get this error when i try to update via my excel 2000

EDIT - i am now getting this error

run time error '1004'

application - defined or object-defined error

any help?

my draft is tomorrow...any way to manually input whichever of the projections changed in the 8/23 update?

thanks

Check if you have a firewall installed. It may be preventing Excel from accessing the Internet. Try to temporarily disable the firewall, run the update, and then turn it back on.

Check if you have a firewall installed. It may be preventing Excel from accessing the Internet. Try to temporarily disable the firewall, run the update, and then turn it back on.

yeah i did this, and it actually updates the ADP, and then it gives me the run time error when it is updating the QB data.

i had inserted a couple colums in the QB tab....will this mess up the update ability?

yeah i did this, and it actually updates the ADP, and then it gives me the run time error when it is updating the QB data.

i had inserted a couple colums in the QB tab....will this mess up the update ability?

Probably. I do not recommend inserting or deleting columns or rows in the Compiler or Buddy, as the programming is quite often looking for information or manipulating data in specific spots in each program.

If the projection update is truly not working, then what you can do is download the latest file from the member download area. Your login info remains active through the preseason. Then copy over your league profiles using the Copy League Profiles function, and again, you can get your Site B projections back by running Projection Pal against the new Compiler.

i deleted the added columns, and the update worked...

thanks for the help and responses mike