Sign in to follow this  
fishead

Limited Teams in Auction Draft

We have an auction draft that only has 21 NFL teams eligible. It is based on 3 times the number of owners (7). With the limited number of owners, this limits the number of studs an owner can draft.

Is there a way to eliminate the NFL teams/players that are not draftable?? If so, is there a way to re-calculate the player auction values based on the new total number of players eligible??

Thanks!

Hi fishead. Just when I think I've heard it all, one of you guys surprise me yet again... :D

Which teams are not eligible?

Hi fishead. Just when I think I've heard it all, one of you guys surprise me yet again... :music_guitarred:

Which teams are not eligible?

Unfortunately I won't know until tonight and the draft is on Saturday. I've adjusted the dollar values on players and this moves them to the bottom of the cheatsheet in Buddy, but it doesn't adjust the other players. Obviously because I haven't actually removed the players completely from the total pool. Would this have to be a special projection update? At worst, I will still have a ranked drafting order, just no true money values if I just re-rank those players that aren't eligible.

Unfortunately I won't know until tonight and the draft is on Saturday. I've adjusted the dollar values on players and this moves them to the bottom of the cheatsheet in Buddy, but it doesn't adjust the other players. Obviously because I haven't actually removed the players completely from the total pool. Would this have to be a special projection update? At worst, I will still have a ranked drafting order, just no true money values if I just re-rank those players that aren't eligible.

Hi Mike,

The teams are:

Baltimore

Carolina

Cincinnati

Denver

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Minnesota

Now Orleans

Philadelphia

St. Louis

Arizona

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Dallas

New England

Seattle

Tennessee

Detroit

Chicago

Jacksonville

Hi Mike,

The teams are:

Baltimore

Carolina

Cincinnati

Denver

Green Bay

Indianapolis

Kansas City

Minnesota

Now Orleans

Philadelphia

St. Louis

Arizona

Pittsburgh

San Diego

Dallas

New England

Seattle

Tennessee

Detroit

Chicago

Jacksonville

whoops, those were the eligible teams....

whoops, those were the eligible teams....

Teams that are not eligible

Cle

Hou

Buff

Mia

Nyj

Nyg

Oak

Atl

SF

TB

Was

Okay, that means these are ineligible (11 of them):

ATL

BUF

CLE

HOU

MIA

NYG

NYJ

OAK

SF

TB

WAS

Okay, that means these are ineligible (11 of them):

ATL

BUF

CLE

HOU

MIA

NYG

NYJ

OAK

SF

TB

WAS

Yes

You beat me by seconds :doh:

Okay, here is what we are going to try. Open the Compiler, go to the QB tab, do this:

1. See the two "+" signs above the table of data? Click the first one. It will open up some columns.

2. See the yellow highlighted column under the heading "Non-Default % Key"? I want you to input this formula in the cell in this column for the first player (cell L5, Peyton Manning's row):

=IF(OR(C5="ATL",C5="BUF",C5="CLE",C5="HOU",C5="MIA",C5="NYG",C5="NYJ",C5="OAK",C5="SF",C5="TB",C5="WAS")=TRUE,13,1)

3. Copy this formula and paste it down for every QB.

4. Repeat same for every other position. The column you are putting it in for DEF is slightly different, so watch your reference in the formula is still C5 when you put it on that tab.

Once done, if you click that "-" sign to hide those columns, then you should see the projected points are now 0 for players on ineligible teams.

Go to the setup tab and hit Compile Cheatsheets.

I didn't run an auction to do this, but does it appear to work?

You beat me by seconds :shocking:

Okay, here is what we are going to try. Open the Compiler, go to the QB tab, do this:

1. See the two "+" signs above the table of data? Click the first one. It will open up some columns.

2. See the yellow highlighted column under the heading "Non-Default % Key"? I want you to input this formula in the cell in this column for the first player (cell L5, Peyton Manning's row):

=IF(OR(C5="ATL",C5="BUF",C5="CLE",C5="HOU",C5="MIA",C5="NYG",C5="NYJ",C5="OAK",C5="SF",C5="TB",C5="WAS")=TRUE,13,1)

3. Copy this formula and paste it down for every QB.

4. Repeat same for every other position. The column you are putting it in for DEF is slightly different, so watch your reference in the formula is still C5 when you put it on that tab.

Once done, if you click that "-" sign to hide those columns, then you should see the projected points are now 0 for players on ineligible teams.

Go to the setup tab and hit Compile Cheatsheets.

I didn't run an auction to do this, but does it appear to work?

It looks like that will work for getting those players to a value of zero. It doesn't change the auction values of the remaining players, but I can live with that. I think the only way to do that is to not even have those teams as part of the initial pool used to create the cheatsheet.

Thanks!