Sign in to follow this  
LoserKid

Need some constructive criticism.

I was thrown off my draft strategy for a reason that I will not get into on this board. Point is, I had 1.09 and I made alot of picks that are suspect. I don't need any posts questioning my sanity, age, or fantasy experience. I would just appreciate some thoughtful responses. Put some effort into mine, and I'll put some effort into yours.

1.09 - Peyton Manning (it was a toss up b/t him and Rudi. Told myself if Rudi fell to me I would go with him, but for whatever reason I didn't. Go figure.)

2.04 - Steve Smith (once again, not sure why I did this. I never go against the RB/RB theory. Edge, Jacobs, T. Jones, and R. Brown were all available.)

3.09 - Reggie Wayne (see where this thread is going? I actually clicked the "draft" button on Marshawn Lynch, but my computer had a hiccup and I timed out. Wayne was the BPA, so the computer snagged him for me. All in all, I'm actually kind of happy it did.)

4.04 - Carnell Williams

5.09 - Julius Jones

6.04 - Braylon Edwards

7.09 - Michael Turner

8.04 - Chester Taylor

9.09 - Heath Miller (wanted to draft Ben Watson but I talked myself out of it thinking the Pats have more receiving options now. Probably a stupid move. Witten was available but didn't feel like having a RB and TE from the same team.)

10.04 - Minnesota (NO CLUE.)

11.09 - Shayne Graham

12.04 - Bobby Wade

13.09 - Anthony Thomas

14.04 - Jake Delhomme

15.09 - Dallas (timed out on this one, but they might end up as my #1 D.)

16.04 - Bryant Johnson

17.09 - Jesse Chatman

18.04 - Eric Moulds

Bad, huh? What do you guys think? Is not getting a RB until the 4th and 5th rounds going to sink me completely? Or will I be okay since I have the #1 QB and two top 5 WRs? I feel like everyone I drafted in the later rounds has a lot of potential, so I think my depth might be the best aspect I have going. Thoughts?

Leave a link and I'll get back to you by the end of the day.

Duh, should give you all some info on the league I guess.

12 team redraft. Standard scoring for the most part (4pt passing TDs). We start 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, 1 Flex, TE, K, D.

Drop the following:

10.04 - Minnesota

11.09 - Shayne Graham

17.09 - Jesse Chatman

18.04 - Eric Moulds

And see if you can get some better players. Graham might miss week 1 so unless you want to carry 2 K you should just grab someone else.

Who are the top FA WR and RBs available in your league? You have serious issues with the RB position, and not much to trade unless you can pull off a deal involving Manning and a RB/QB combo from someone else who drafted RB/RB/RB and a decent QB (Rivers, McNabb, Bulger?).

I honestly wouldn't sweat it too much. Your early D pick, and the fact that you took two sucks, but otherwise, I think you'll make due:

QB P. Manning

RB J. Jones

RB C. Williams

WR S. Smith

WR R. Wayne

WR B. Edwards

TE H. Miller

FX C. Taylor

K S. Graham

DST Cowboys

You have some quiet but great upside RBs that could turn into consistent point scorers. Your top QB and great 1-2 WR tandem will help pull you through down weeks from your RBs. Depth is certainly an issue at RB. If you have injuries, you might be f'd. Even bye weeks could be a problem.

It isn't as bad as you think.

I was thrown off my draft strategy for a reason that I will not get into on this board. Point is, I had 1.09 and I made alot of picks that are suspect. I don't need any posts questioning my sanity, age, or fantasy experience. I would just appreciate some thoughtful responses. Put some effort into mine, and I'll put some effort into yours.

1.09 - Peyton Manning (it was a toss up b/t him and Rudi. Told myself if Rudi fell to me I would go with him, but for whatever reason I didn't. Go figure.)

2.04 - Steve Smith (once again, not sure why I did this. I never go against the RB/RB theory. Edge, Jacobs, T. Jones, and R. Brown were all available.)

3.09 - Reggie Wayne (see where this thread is going? I actually clicked the "draft" button on Marshawn Lynch, but my computer had a hiccup and I timed out. Wayne was the BPA, so the computer snagged him for me. All in all, I'm actually kind of happy it did.)

4.04 - Carnell Williams

5.09 - Julius Jones

6.04 - Braylon Edwards

7.09 - Michael Turner

8.04 - Chester Taylor

9.09 - Heath Miller (wanted to draft Ben Watson but I talked myself out of it thinking the Pats have more receiving options now. Probably a stupid move. Witten was available but didn't feel like having a RB and TE from the same team.)

11.09 - Shayne Graham

12.04 - Bobby Wade

13.09 - Anthony Thomas

14.04 - Jake Delhomme

16.04 - Bryant Johnson

17.09 - Jesse Chatman

18.04 - Eric Moulds

Bad, huh? What do you guys think? Is not getting a RB until the 4th and 5th rounds going to sink me completely? Or will I be okay since I have the #1 QB and two top 5 WRs? I feel like everyone I drafted in the later rounds has a lot of potential, so I think my depth might be the best aspect I have going. Thoughts?

I think you are OK. Worst case scenario is that you make a trade.

As for your RBs, Julius Jones and Caddy are two guys that are going late that I like. Parcells didn't like Julius Jones much at all and I think Phillips will give him his chances inside the 20s. Parcells wouldn't do that. Caddy was a top-12 back going into last season and he sucked. He's got a QB now that can actally throw the ball (and doesn't shave points) which should open things up a bit for him. Plus, he' supposed to get more catches out of the backfield.

I wouldn't have drafted the way you did, but given that you took no RBs in the first three rounds, your team isn't as bad off as it could have been.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=282937

I don't really mind your Payton manning in the first, but I proabably would of taken rudi, and tried for Payton on the come around. I think, once you took a QB and WR in the first to rounds you kind of get your self behind a rock. But that is history now. I don't think its too bad, you miight have to wait at least a week to kind see how everygthing pans out.

KU

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...howtopic=282843

I agree with the other guys...you aren't that bad off really. The only weakness is lack of RB depth. Those RBs you are starting may get off and really aren't that bad.

I would angle for some sort of trade for RB depth, too. You may be able to trade Turner for a #3 RB with the guy that has LT or something, for example...or some sort of package along those lines.

4.04 - Carnell Williams

5.09 - Julius Jones

6.04 - Braylon Edwards

7.09 - Michael Turner

8.04 - Chester Taylor

11.09 - Shayne Graham

12.04 - Bobby Wade

13.09 - Anthony Thomas

14.04 - Jake Delhomme

16.04 - Bryant Johnson

17.09 - Jesse Chatman

18.04 - Eric Moulds

You have a few guys on that list that could turn out to be very suprising. I think that you are going to be hurting later in the year as I think MBIII and AP are going to start getting more of the load on their teams as the year moves on. I would try to package J. Jones and C. Taylor in a trade after week 3 or 4 when they are still giving some decent productivity and in my opinion will have about as high a stock as they will reach. I think the pick of Turner came a bit early in a redraft but if something happens to LT your team will be DRAMATICALLY improved.

Overall I would say keep your eye on the suprise waiver pickups each week and see if you can grab someone to fill that Flex position with some consistancy. I think that you are going to have to stay healthy to have a shot but if you are on top of the WW you still have a chance.

http://www.fftodayforums.com/forum/index.p...p;#entry3245347

You know you really could be okay if Peyton has another monster year which he is capable of. And Wayne should be outstanding and Smith could have a rebound year. Williams, Jones and Taylor are not incredibly sexy this preseason, but should get plenty of opportunities to perform well for you. Both DST should be solid. I'd keep the Cowboys. Your strength is definitely in having the #1 QB and 2 of the top 5 WRs. I don't see any reason to trade that away unless you want to smooth out your weekly stats by packaging Manning and an RB for a 2nd tier passer and a top RB. But that would not necessarily increase your chances to win.

Are you an insane nine year old who has never played fantasy football before?

I was fully expecting that. Well played.

Thank you to everyone else for their posts. I am starting to respond right now.

Begin looking for teams with McNabb, Rivers, Romo, Lienart, maybe Bulger if you lucky and see what you can get for Peyton. Sucks to have to trade your 1st rd pick but your going to have to because of the huge mistake you made in round 2... other than that i think your draft was great.

Youd be much better off with a first three of Manning, Edge, Wayne who by the way could very likely end up as the better WR out of him and Smith by seasons end. Everything from that point on seems very solid.

so yeah the only mistake was Smith that high

Wow...your 3 first picks will get you lots of points each week. Will it be enough to offset the lack of points at RB? I dunno honestly. Julius Jones was losing all the goal line TD chances to MB III last year with Parcells coaching so unless that changes this year he is not going to put up big numbers. If you can find somone who is stacked at RB but weak at WR I would try and move Wayne in some kind of package for a better RB. Good luck.