Sign in to follow this  
TK0001

A black day

Unfortunately this is true. Jgalt will be missed, I've been stunned since I heard about it. Prayers for his family, this is a black day for all that knew him.

I fear the diabetic coma. I barely beat it a couple of years ago.

That sucks balls.....was he/she a real life friend of yours?

O got a call from jgalt's cell. It was Stuart's father, who told him the news.

I don't know if O and galt were close, or if Stuart's father was just contacting everyone on Stuart's contact list on his phone.

I didn't really know him. Never met him, other than on the boards.

:thumbsdown:

Who is jgalt? :overhead:

Is he with curlynight and Dale Earnhardt?

This isn't a joke, dude.

galt was a longtime poster and league player around these parts.

It's a very sad day.

There was a debate over whether it should be posted here, considering the mookery that drove off posters like galt.

I'd advise you to delete your post, and then I'll do the same.

The FF Today crew - and the old timers who still lurk occasionally - would want to know.

He was a Top 15 poster here who played in many leagues.

A real nice guy, too.

This thread needs to be pinned.

He's the first Geek to pass away, to my knowledge.

Very sad

I've considered him with one of the best FF minds I ever associated myself with, I also got a call from his father, this fockin' blows.

Sorry to hear of his passing and your all's loss.

I remember his name, don't think I ever talked/typed to him personally.

Death sucks. But it happens to everyone. I am sure many of you were alot closer to him than others here, especially since many here have just joined in the last year or two. T&P's to his family and friends.

Death sucks. But it happens to everyone. I am sure many of you were alot closer to him than others here, especially since many here have just joined in the last year or two. T&P's to his family and friends.

The idea of posting here was simply to make anyone who knew jgalt aware, in case they are not already in the Sanctuary. Certainly we don't expect newer posters to care.

The idea of posting here was simply to make anyone who knew jgalt aware, in case they are not already in the Sanctuary. Certainly we don't expect newer posters to care.

I am fully aware of that.

never heard of him, but T&P

Go to "my assistant" and look up Top 20 posters. He's right at 12, I believe. Almost 26,000 posts.

He was very much a big part of FF Today for many years and known as an expert at fantasy football.

My sentiments exactly.

He was a quality FFer and more importantly person. Very sharp, and he will be missed in leagues and by those that knew him personally.

T&P for his family.

Though I don't recall any specific posts from whoisjgalt, I certainly do remember his name as one of the posters/members on this board and this is sad news.

I'm very sorry to hear that he has passed away just as I would be sad to learn about any Geeks from this bored losing their life.

It's called compassion. Who cares that he didn't post here anymore? He was a person just like you and I.

Thank you for posting this thread, TK0001 to make some of us aware since we might not have otherwise found out.

Thoughts to his family.

He was a quality FFer and more importantly person. Very sharp, and he will be missed in leagues and by those that knew him personally.

T&P for his family.

I will echo these sentiments.

The guy got me interested in Ayn Rand and I'm reading the Fountainhead right now. This sucks.

Sincerest condolences to the family from north of the border.

:(

I've known whoisjgalt on here for many years. He seemed like a cool guy and may be one of the few regulars that I never had any problems with. This is a very sad day, I'm sorry to those of us who were closer to him. My condolences and God Speed.

Though I don't recall any specific posts from whoisjgalt, I certainly do remember his name as one of the posters/members on this board and this is sad news.

I'm very sorry to hear that he has passed away just as I would be sad to learn about any Geeks from this bored losing their life.

It's called compassion. Who cares that he didn't post here anymore? He was a person just like you and I.

Thank you for posting this thread, TK0001 to make some of us aware since we might not have otherwise found out.

Thoughts to his family.

:(

Can't say I really knew him, but T&Ps. :(

Most of the old timers here know Galt. I've been in leagues with him for several years. He talked football and knew it as well as anybody who has ever posted here. At one point he was close to being a world class athlete, he never let the diabetes stop him from his goals. We lost a good guy.

Most of the old timers here know Galt. I've been in leagues with him for several years. He talked football and knew it as well as anybody who has ever posted here. At one point he was close to being a world class athlete, he never let the diabetes stop him from his goals. We lost a good guy.

Seems like he knew he had diabetes. How did his condition deteriorate to the point he went into a coma? I don't know if his family would have gone into much detail, but I am curious.

Because CHAD isn't known for pranks and lies.

See the difference?

Chad also posted a very long, very sad story. To which I recall some of your doosh sanctuary friends made fun of.

And you wonder. :(

Edjr, people from The Sanctuary have pulled some pranks, but they've all been Frat Boy style pranks, never anything about somebody dying or anything serious. We've all bantered back and forth and traded insults and it's almost always harmless fun. I understand why your original reaction was to think this a prank, but believe me, there are a lot of older Geeks that really would want to know about Galt's passing.

As far as when Chad's brother passed, would it surprise you to know that we in The Sanctuary sent flowers to the funeral? Most all of us sent emails to Chad or offered our thoughts and prayers to him here on this forum.

At some point, basic humanity needsw to step up instead of standing on a point, just let it go. It's not a prank. The Geek Club lost a great guy.

Seems like he knew he had diabetes. How did his condition deteriorate to the point he went into a coma? I don't know if his family would have gone into much detail, but I am curious.

Even for diabetics who are on top of things, they can always encounter a situation that spirals quickly out of control.

Like many others I didn't know Jgalt. Seems like he was a good fellow though. T&P's to his family.

I didn't receive a call, but I doubt there were any details given by his Dad. I know galt was on the insulin pump because he "discussed" it with me when my niece was considering it. Perhaps the pump failed or the hose got kinked and he was unaware that he wasn't being properly medicated? That's all conjecture, of course.

I didn't receive a call, but I doubt there were any details given by his Dad. I know galt was on the insulin pump because he "discussed" it with me when my niece was considering it. Perhaps the pump failed or the hose got kinked and he was unaware that he wasn't being properly medicated? That's all conjecture, of course.

His dad was very brief, so I don't have details. He was between relationships, though, so whatever did happen there was no one to help. Apparently a few days passed before he was discovered.

My old Room at UK had diabetes. The first Semester he took his shots and what not - and looked like he was taking care of himself. During 2nd semester he decided to rush / then join my frat - and he started partying alot with us and stopped watching real hard how he was taking care of himself. Ended up in the hospital in April of that year - :thumbsdown: if it was a coma or what - just know the diabetes really focked him up.

If you have diabetes and don't take of it - ( what your diet , take the insulin shots , etc ) - you don't live long. Lucky for This guy he was basically able to recover and was alright. Most people that go a long period of time of neglect if they have severe Diabetes don't recover and even if they live their quality of life is the suck!

T&P to whoisJgalt -- never really knew you but RIP :banana:

It was expected to some extent, of course. But as I stated in another thread, despite all the jokes we've played here we have never sunk to the level of faking another person's death.

I doubt very much there would even be a Sanctuary thread if I kicked.

If you knew anyone personally offline from our big FFT/Sanctuary/etc. community, I imagine there would definitely be a thread for you. That actually made me realize that if I were to die soon, there would be no way of FFT knowing. Or a lot of my other online friends, for that matter. But you never plan for that, because you never plan on dying at a young age. whoisjgalt died young....too young, frankly, and that's a shame. There is some solace in knowing that he is being remembered, not only by his friends and family IRL but also those of us here online.

His dad was very brief, so I don't have details. He was between relationships, though, so whatever did happen there was no one to help. Apparently a few days passed before he was discovered.

Yikes. That makes me sad and appreciative of what I have. Hopefully, he didn't suffer.

If you knew anyone personally offline from our big FFT/Sanctuary/etc. community, I imagine there would definitely be a thread for you. That actually made me realize that if I were to die soon, there would be no way of FFT knowing. Or a lot of my other online friends, for that matter. But you never plan for that, because you never plan on dying at a young age. whoisjgalt died young....too young, frankly, and that's a shame. There is some solace in knowing that he is being remembered, not only by his friends and family IRL but also those of us here online.

at chiefsplanet.com, it's a pretty tight-nit community and a lot of people know each other. In your profile, they have a place to leave a contact, if you disappear and no one ever hears from you and wants to see what the deal is. I don't think anyone but the mods can see it, and you have to request they be contacted cause you havent heard from them or something

:thumbsdown:

Yikes. That makes me sad and appreciative of what I have. Hopefully, he didn't suffer.

Falling into a diabetic coma isn't painful. It's just a progression of exhaustion, a feeling of overwhelming sleepiness, until you finally close your eyes. I'm sure carbon monoxide poisoning is similar.

I asked a couple of questions in this thread because, as quite a few of you know, I found out I had diabetes when I was taken to the hospital, and spend almost a week in the ICU unit hanging on to life despite my doctors telling my parents that I was going to die. All this happened a couple of years ago. I was fortunate enough to get to the hospital.

whoisjgalt's death brings back a lot of memories.

cmh: That's pretty cool. :doublethumbsup:

Falling into a diabetic coma isn't painful. It's just a progression of exhaustion, a feeling of overwhelming sleepiness, until you finally close your eyes. I'm sure carbon monoxide poisoning is similar.

I asked a couple of questions in this thread because, as quite a few of you know, I found out I had diabetes when I was taken to the hospital, and spend almost a week in the ICU unit hanging on to life despite my doctors telling my parents that I was going to die. All this happened a couple of years ago. I was fortunate enough to get to the hospital.

whoisjgalt's death brings back a lot of memories.

Christ....I can't even imagine how terrifying that had to be for you and your family. I'm glad you're still with us, man.